Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's quickly look at Don't Starve!

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Now that's a stylish hat! :thumbsup:

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
I hate the swamp so fucking much.

Tentacle appears out of nowhere, hits for 60 hp :(

Multi-headed Cow

Bump indeed, though you clearly jinxed it.

Since I've been horribly slow in updating my adventures, they've slipped another content patch out! Observe!
http://www.dontstarvegame.com/blog/naughty-nice-update/

I think it's time to research some weaponry and take the fight to those damn dirty spiders!

bRV5m.jpg

Behold! Wilson with his stylish new spear and logsuit armor! Wasted a decent chunk of the day researching and building the items, then fiddling with my inventory. The logsuit takes the same inventory space as the backpack which I unfortunately can't carry in my inventory or store in the chest. Hopefully it'll still be here when I get back to camp.

b8R4L.jpg

9PCmn.jpg

wDnJe.jpg

Ok, well, attacking the spider nest didn't go over too well. I managed to kill a couple spiders, but even with the logsuit and spear they overwhelmed me pretty easily. Managed to break off and run back to camp after mostly wasting the day and spent the evening eating food and moping. Maybe I should try bribing pig men with meat before I attack a spider nest.

qSqNX.jpg

Day 14! Mission? Break more rocks for gold for research, I guess. You only get a slight amount of health from food and I haven't found a better way to heal yet, so getting back up to top shape will take a while.

u0Xno.jpg

Alright, I may not have thought this through very well. I decided to grab a tallbird egg on a whim, and now the tallbird won't stop chasing me. Dare I stand and fight? I've got almost no health, I think it'd kill me easily. I do have a cunning plan, though.

kZ8BC.jpg

OH GOD TALLBIRDS AND SPIDERS ARE UNITED IN THEIR HATRED OF ME AND WON'T KILL EACH-OTHER. WHYYYYYYYYY! Time to try cunning plan #2!

9uMoG.jpg

Well, shit. Cunning plan #2 was get the tallbird stuck on some trees and rocks, which I did. Then like the idiot I am I tried poking it. Bad move.

lWvX5.jpg

Rest in peace, Wilson. And there's the unsatisfyingly stupid conclusion to that Don't Starve adventure. At least from that game I got enough XP to unlock...

tnuub.jpg

Willow the firestarter! I'm not too keen on this "No beard" business though.

Probably the end of this LP, at least for now. Haven't been in a not-starving mood plus they're still regularly adding content to the game, so I may do another run at it at/near release.

Ovg

Cipher
Is it worth buying it now? Would you say you got your money's worth out of it?

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
This game looks very cool. I've played the demo a couple of times, but 20 min is a really short time. Has a very Terraria vibe in terms of exploration and trying new things.

I found out you get to keep the new recipes you researched when you die. I don't know if this is a beta thing or will be in the final game.

Multi-headed Cow

Is it worth buying it now? Would you say you got your money's worth out of it?
Since I got it for free, yeah. If you manage to get it for $6 (Preorder price on Steam is $12 and comes with 2 copies) then probably. $12 for the game I'm not so sure. They're still patching in new content fairly regularly but the game "Releases" in late March, so I doubt they'd keep adding things to it past that point. As it is it's kinda cool but seems pretty light on content, less proper game content than Terraria and less "Dick around building stuff" content of Minecraft. As far as I'm aware there's no actual goal to the game unlike Terraria, no bosses to tackle or anything. You just keep advancing until you have everything and then that's it.

And the rate they're adding content I'm not sure they'll really make massive additions in 3 months time but I guess we'll see. Still, if it looks interesting to you and you can find someone to split a 2 pack it's definitely not bad to mess around with for $6.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom