Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's Protect the Galaxy, One Gun Waving at a Time.

Is that the kind of person we want protecting the Galaxy?

• Yes

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
ME0001.jpg

ME0002.jpg

ME0003.jpg

More to come.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"That's the only person that can protect the galaxy."

Hardcore.

RK47

Patron
Now that's over with, we join the crew of Normandy as they go on their shakedown cruise to Eden Prime.

ME0005.jpg

Everything went smoothly.

ME0006.jpg

Nihlus : 1500's good. Your captain will be pleased.

Joker : I hate him

ME0007.jpg

Joker : (sounds pissed) You remember to zip up your jumpsuit on the way out of the bathroom? That's good. I just jumped us halfway across the galaxy and hit a target the size of a pinhead. So that's incredible! Besides, Spectres are trouble. I don't like having him on board. Call me paranoid.

Kaidan : You're paranoid. The Council helped fund this project. They have a right to send someone to keep an eye on their investment.

Joker : Yeah, that is the official story. But only an idiot believes the official story.

(Time to make my entry) I picked the bottom option btw.

ME0008.jpg

The bottom response is usually the harshest one and gives renegade points in some cases like this one. I gained 2 Renegade points out of this choice. Not much else to do but to meet the Captain and find out more about this mission.

The Normandy crew seems uneasy about having a Specter on board. So let's try to find out more about it.

ME0009.jpg

ME0010.jpg

Navigator Pressly : Spectres are elite operatives. Top covert agents. Why send a Spectre--a Turian Spectre--on a shakedown run? It doesn't add up.

Shepard : Do you have a problem with the Captain?

Navigator Pressly : No, sir! But I can't figure out what he's doing here. Captain Anderson is one of the most decorated Special Forces officers in the service. If he melted down all his medals, he could make a life-size statue of himself. You don't send a soldier like that on a do-nothing mission. He's treating this shakedown run too seriously. Something big is going on.

Shepard : What do you know of the stealth systems?

Navigator Pressly : I only know it masks our location from scans and sensors. Cutting edge technology. The Normandy's the only ship with this prototype drive. But why are we fully staffed? A skeleton crew would be cheaper. Less chance of security leaks, too. Plus, there's Nihlus. It's pretty obvious this shakedown run is just a cover.

Shepard : For what?

Navigator Pressly : Damned if I know, Commander. We're out here on false pretenses. I'm not a fan of being kept in the dark.

Yes, we get it. We're heading into deep shit. No need to hype it up. One last chat before briefing.

ME0011.jpg

Nihlus : I'm interested in this world we're going to -- Eden Prime. I've heard it's quite beautiful.

Shepard : I'm a marine, not some tourist on vacation.

Nihlus : It's more than just a tourist destination, isn't it, Shepard? Eden Prime is a symbol of your people: a perfect little world on the edges of your territory. Proof that humanity can not only establish colonies across the galaxy, but also protect them. But how safe is it, really?

Shepard : Are you trying to scare me, Spectre?

Nihlus : Your people are still newcomers, Shepard. The galaxy can be a very dangerous place. Is the Alliance truly ready for this?

Wow man they kept talkin' and talking. If you're bored, so am I.

ME0012.jpg

(Intelligence) I already figured that out.

ME0013.jpg

Mission Briefing:
- Discovery of ancient protean artifact in Eden Prime. This beacon needs to be recovered, the last recovery of similar artifact advanced human technology by 200 years.

- This mission is also an evaluation of Shepard as a potential first human Spectre. Nihlus will evaluate Shepard's performance.

With one minor hitch:
Emergency transmission from Eden Prime. They're under attack by unknown forces. Finally, some action!

ME0014.jpg

Next update: we get to use guns of intimidation and fists of diplomacy.

JrK

Prophet
I always picked the female NPC's because they had SUCH NICE ASSES!

Just sayin'.

EDIT: just noticed, why is this in GRPG?

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Too bad you can't name your character in ME. He should be called Shaft.

RK47

Patron
Jasede said:
This will be given up 20% in.

:lol: I'm building a thread time capsule for the sequel.

----------------
Eden Prime
----------------
ME0015.jpg

Captain Anderson gives us one final briefing before we get to the shooting.

ME0016.jpg

ME0017.jpg

Good way to get yourself killed in party RPGs. But whatever. :wink:

ME0018.jpg

Look at this straightforward tutorial map folks. We're down south. We need to follow a linear corridor to the north, so let's get to it.

ME0019.jpg

Five minutes in and we already lost a dude to scripted event. I guess he's meant to highlight that the geth are deadly. Except no, you don't die that quick. I'm playing on Veteran difficulty. Hardcore difficulty is locked till you finish this game once, so no dice. I dispatched the recon droids quickly.

RIP Jenkins

ME0021.jpg

Kaidan: The Geth tore through his shields, he never stood a chance.

ME0022.jpg

Came across a few more of these recon geths and they blew up easy.

ME0023.jpg

Came across a chick in pink combat armor. Looks like she needs help.

ME0024.jpg

ME0025.jpg

This guy's so ugly, his survival chance is probably less than 1%.

ME0026.jpg

I told you so. Don't worry baby, Shepard's here. EXTREME!

ME0027.jpg

BLAM BLAM BLAM

ME0028.jpg

Shepard : Yes, I am. Bend over and take off your pants. Also, status report!

ME0029.jpg

Ashley : We tried to get off a distress signal, but they cut off our communications. I've been fighting for my life ever since.

Shepard : Nice ass. (Stupidity) Any idea what kind of enemy we're facing?

Ashley : (Intelligence) I think they're geth.

ME0030.jpg

Ashley : They must have come for the beacon. The dig site is close. Just over that rise. It might still be there.

Shepard : Put on your pants and let's move out.

A little combat later and we found several gruesome corpses staked, much like that ugly NPC we saw earlier.

ME0031.jpg

Space Zombies!

ME0032.jpg

These are called 'Husks' and does not have a ranged attack. They will run up to you and self destruct in a brilliant shower of lightning. Usually draining shield and greatly damaging your party, it's best to use the Throw biotic to knock them back or take them down before they get close enough.

ME0033.jpg

They slow down a pace after this and introduced us to the decryption mini game. Ugh. It's basically frogger.

ME0034.jpg

Inside are two surviving scientists that we can pump for info and some loot.

ME0035.jpg

The maker? Right. Anyway, they don't have any useful info to share with us but the assistant's annoying me with the doomsday talk.

ME0036.jpg

Shepard : What's wrong with your assistant?

Dr Warren : Manuel has a brilliant mind, but he's always been a bit... unstable. Genius and madness are two sides of the same coin.

Dr Manuel : Is it madness to see the future? To see the destruction rushing towards us? To understand there is no escape? No hope? No, I am not mad. I'm the only sane one left.

Shepard : Say good night, Manuel.

ME0037.jpg

ME0038.jpg

ME0039.jpg

Fist of Diplomacy Usage Count : 1

We advanced towards the spaceport and heard a gun shot in the distance. It could be Nihlus. We got close enough to spot a huge alien ship taking off.

ME0040.jpg

After clearing the port of any hostiles we rescued three farmers from a locked storehouse.

ME0041.jpg

Shepard : Nobody moves a muscle until we know who you are!

Farmer guy : Nice going, Cole! I told you we should've stayed hidden.

Cole : It's okay, we're on the same side. We're just farmers. We've been hiding ever since that ship showed up.

Shepard : I have to go.

Farmer guy : Hey Cole. We're just a bunch of farmers. These guys are soldiers. Maybe we should give them the stuff?

ME0042.jpg

Shepard : If there's something you're not telling me...

Cole : Some guys at the spaceport were running a small smuggling ring. Nothing major. In exchange for a cut of the profits, we let them store packages in our sheds.

Shepard : You greedy bastard! You weren't running for your lives! You were running to check on your merchandise!

Cole : No! It's not like that. I just... I just knew the were some packages here. Something we could use.

ME0043.jpg

Cole : Oh wait. I just remembered. I just had it in my pocket. Might as well take that, too. That's everything. Really.

Ashley : Who's your contact at the spaceport, Cole? What's his name?

ME0044.jpg

Gun waving diplomacy count: 1

We approach the port and found Nihlus' body.

Ashley : A Turian? Do you guys know him?

ME0045.jpg

Ashley : Something's moving! Behind those crates!

ME0046.jpg

Shepard : I like the way you hid behind those crates during the fight. Really helped us out. Thanks a lot.

Powell : Me? But I'm just a dockworker. I don't even have a weapon! My name's Powell. I saw what happened to that turian. The other one shot him!

Shepard : What the hell are you talking about?

Powell : There were two turians here. Your friend and the other one he called Saren. I think they knew each other. Your friend seemed to relax and let his guard down...and Saren killed him. Shot him right on the back. I'm just lucky he didn't see me behind the crates.

Shepard : Where'd Saren go after he killed Nihlus?

Powell : He jumped on the cargo train and headed over to the other platform. Probably going after the other beacon.

Shepard : You're Cole's contact here on the docks. For the smuggling ring.

Powell : What? No! I mean.. what does it matter now? So I'm a smuggler who cares?

Shepard : Smuggle any weapons?

Powell : A shipment of grenades came through last week. Nobody notices if a few small pieces go missing from the military orders.

Ashley : You greedy son of a bitch! We're out here trying to protect your sorry ass and all you can think is how to rip us off?!

Shepard : Hand over the grenades, now!

ME0047.jpg

Gun waving diplomacy count: 2

Powell : Okay! All right. There was something else. Could be worth a fortune. Experimental technology. Top of the line. Take it. I don't need it. I didn't want anyone to get hurt. Really. I'm sorry.

Time to move on towards the cargo train station where a bunch of gets are using cover to shoot us up from long range. Good thing Ashley is a good tank. I told both of my men to move up and take the hits while I advance behind them.

ME0048.jpg

ME0049.jpg

Arrived at the other station. Spotted a geth trooper setting charges, must be explosives. We've got 5 minutes to disarm them.

ME0050.jpg

No sweat. Crisis averted. Time to secure the beacon.

ME0051.jpg

Yeah, yeah don't touch that shit.

ME0052.jpg

Ashley, you idiot!

ME0053.jpg

EXTREME!

ME0054.jpg

GRUNT! I GRABBED HER TORSO

ME0055.jpg

And tossed her away from the beacon.

ME0056.jpg

Leaving me in the path of the beacon's magnetic attraction field!

ME0057.jpg

FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

ME0058.jpg

GOATSE

ME0059.jpg

Wouldn't it be cool if they actually let me choose whether Ashley dies or not in this event? Why didn't I save Jenkins?

ME0060.jpg

EXTREME-'SPLOSION!

ME0061.jpg

Will Shepard survive? Tune in to find out!

Coming up!

EXTREME FACEPALM!

ME0062.jpg

RK47

Patron
Meanwhile...
In the darkness of space, within a dark ship, broods a dark figure with dark plans.

ME0064.jpg

ME0065.jpg

EXTREME CLEAVAGE

The Matriach : It was under the command of Captain Anderson.

ME0063.jpg

Saren : *EXTREME Facepalms*And the beacon?

The Matriach : One of the human may have used it.

Saren : Argh! Rarh! Argh!

LP-er's note: I'm afraid the above line is not sufficient for the raw emotion that the antagonist is about to deliver, so let's go with a properly translated version which is a crowd favorite.

ME0066.jpg

ME0067.jpg

ME0068.jpg

ME0069.jpg

*takes a deep breath*

ME0070.jpg

Saren : This human must be eliminated.

Q: "Is this the kind of person we want protecting the galaxy?"

A: "Throw him out the airlock."

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom