Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's press the button of awesome - Stolen memos found

Should Bethany accompany Hawke to the Deep Roads?

• Yes

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters
Why on earth does Hawke joining the Templars show that they can be defied considering he butchered 99% of mages in Kirkwall?

lightbane

Arcane
Wow, congratulations Twinkle, you done it. The ending was even worse than I thought...

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Thanks for the LP Twinkle, it was informative and entertaining in a slo-mo train wreck kinda way.

I wasn't a big fan of DA:O's main plot, its simplified "bad guy demon WRAGHR" thing, whereas the subplots were more interesting. I get the sense they wanted to do more here, a more interesting conflict, but boy did they derp that shit up.

lightbane

Arcane
They completely forgot about these documents that hinted the reason everything was so fucked up was because of the city's dark origins... Oh wait, that must be something they'll deal with later with DLCs. Still, I say the ending would be better if Hawke just torched the entire city to the ground, at least half of the city's population were nothing but criminals and worse.

random_encounter

Educated
Ending is just as bad as I remember it. Thought maybe that time would help open my eyes and see its brilliance after being away from it for awhile, but I was wrong.

TNO

Augur
Truly awful. Some of the things I had heard about the set up and not-so-epic storyline sounded interesting. Shame it was utter arse and trashmob galore.

Thanks for playing for us.

Sòren

Arcane
what a fucktastic plot

hakwe comes to city
becomes champion
some shit happens that i can't even remember
fights mages and templars because of stupid reasons

maybe they should have stuck to the find the four star maps-paradigm. they are obviously incapable of making a coherent story.

spekkio

Arcane
Well, the ending was truly retarded.

:salute: for the effort, Brother Twinkle.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Why are we slaughtering a whole circle when one idiot who did IS RIGHT IN FRONT OF US? HE EVEN ADMITS IT.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Well, they did pretty much all turn out to be possessed/blood mages anyway. Fortunate coincidence right, otherwise you might feel guilty!

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
The ending wouldn't suffer a damn thing if it gave a choice to Hawke to just walk away...declaring 'You both are not worth saving. I'm leaving Kirkwall.'

That will have a more powerful impact than being dragged into this whole mess that doesn't have any satisfying conclusion or convincing reason to commit into, despite Gaider preaching that Hawke is a very 'influential individual' I fail to see how this is so. Aside from his companions he has no followers, no faction warriors under him, just a mine owner with a small fortune and exceptionally strong.

lightbane

Arcane
Nope, he lost the mine too. Remember, a dragon decided to show up and burn everything just because. :P
And some of his companions betrayed him/were killed/sold as slaves. So in the end he has little to his name.

Erebus

Arcane
RK47 said:
Hawke to just walk away...declaring 'You both are not worth saving. I'm leaving Kirkwall.'

Considering how shitty the city and its inhabitants have repeatedly proven themselves to be, that would have been the only truly satisfying ending.

Twinkle

Liturgist
THE LEGACY DLC, PART 1

Bros, I'm back. :M

I was hesitant at first, but news about Felicia Day's involvement made me excited. :) In the meantime I'll do the first DLC pack, because Bioware promised to address the most of the criticism levied at DA2 in a 3 hours long piece of cash grab. Let's see if they succeeded.

da2lp54-01.jpg

Thanks but no thanks.

da2lp54-02.jpg

But what about immersion?

da2lp54-03.jpg

Hey, but she'd let him go. Couldn't the writers think of a better story hook?

face-cassandra.jpg
I have a report you might find interesting.
face-cassandra.jpg
It tells of a chasm in the Vimmark Mountains, and a secret that was said to be buried within.
face-cassandra.jpg
Yet when the Chantry went to investigate, they were turned away by the Grey Wardens.
face-varric.jpg
And why would I find that interesting?
face-cassandra.jpg
Because the Champion was there.
face-cassandra.jpg
I can't help but notice you've failed to mention this... adventure.
face-varric.jpg
Oh, that!
face-varric.jpg
I didn't think you'd be interested. Just some business with Hawke's family, a few Carta dwarves who went too far...
face-varric.jpg
Sighs You're not going to believe me.
face-cassandra.jpg
I'll take my chances.
face-varric.jpg
All right. Don't say I didn't warn you.

da2lp54-04.jpg

face-varric.jpg
There it is.
face-bethany.jpg
That's where these dwarves are?
face-varric.jpg
These are Carta dwarves, so they're more criminals and smugglers than anything else.
face-varric.jpg
They're not usually stupid, though. I don't know why they'd attack you.
face-bethany.jpg
They're bold. They snuck into the Warden keep at Ansburg to get at me.
face-hawke54.jpg
And there was that other group that broke into the mansion.
face-varric.jpg
You have a plan, then? I found their hideout, but my sources couldn't tell me anything else. It's all very... strange.

I want to be Shepard!

da2lp54-whatever.jpg

face-hawke54.jpg
They're going to stop their attacks, one way or the other.
face-varric.jpg
Well that sounds final.
face-bethany.jpg
So we're just going to walk in, start cutting off heads?
face-varric.jpg
Don't worry, Sunshine. The bloodstains come out.
face-bethany.jpg
At least the Wardens let me come. I can't leave an attack like this unanswered.
face-hawke54.jpg
Let's go.

Remnants of a broken cart were scattered nearby. This quest won't have a diplomatic solution, heh.

da2lp54-05.jpg

face-hawke54.jpg
It seems we're in the right place.
face-varric.jpg
They're from the Merchants Guild. The Carta doesn't kill guild members.
face-varric.jpg
That's really strange.

That narrow passageway led Hawke straight to their main force. His party members observed Carta's spotters several times, but nothing could be done about that.

da2lp54-06.jpg

face-bethany.jpg
Look! The Carta has people watching us!

da2lp54-07.jpg

face-varric.jpg
I assume I'm not the only one hearing things? Good.

da2lp54-08.jpg

face-dwarf.jpg
You!
face-dwarf.jpg
The brother and sister both! You're here together! You've come!
face-bethany.jpg
Is... he referring to you and me?
face-dwarf.jpg
Everyone! It's the children of Malcolm Hawke! They've come to us!
face-hawke54.jpg
You come after my family, you pay the price.
face-dwarf.jpg
We must have the blood! You don't understand!
face-hawke54.jpg
Right. So much for conversation.
face-dwarf.jpg
We will take it! Corypheus will walk in the sun once more!

da2lp54-09.jpg

That guy's eyes looked really strange. Lyrium addiction? Maybe taint? Soon we'll find out.

Bioware has promised to minimize the amount of combat waves and respawn rate. Well, so far they didn't disappoint. Guys camping on wall can easily be nuked but no one will spawn in their place.

da2lp54-10.jpg

da2lp54-11.jpg

However, when the party steps inside the fortified area the old trick are being employed again: in this case - cutscene teleportation.

da2lp54-12.jpg

Still, the encounter design has been improved somewhat. Now, at least, their positions are more or less logical from tactical standpoint.

da2lp54-13.jpg

da2lp54-14.jpg

da2lp54-15.jpg

face-bethany.jpg
Did you hear that? They're after us... for our blood! But why?
face-hawke54.jpg
Does it matter? They're not getting it.
face-varric.jpg
The Carta doesn't normally act like this. They're businessmen!
face-hawke54.jpg
I'd like to know who this "Corypheus" is.
face-hawke54.jpg
Whoever he is, he's going to answer for this.

Something is inscribed on the stone tablets lying around. Maybe they'll contain the answer.

da2lp54-16.jpg

face-hawke54.jpg
How many generations of warriors stood guard here? And why does that make me nervous?

da2lp54-17.jpg

face-varric.jpg
"Amgeforn" is dwarven for "Sacrifice." That's... not a reassuring name.
face-hawke54.jpg
We never go anyplace nice, do we?

da2lp54-18.jpg

face-hawke54.jpg
This place has a history of crazy dwarves. Perfect.

So we have yet another example of "ancient evil buried deep inside by a guardian sect" nonsense.

Soon the bloom artifact mistakenly labeled as "sky" revealed some geometric shape in the background.

da2lp54-19.jpg

face-hawke54.jpg
And there it is.
face-bethany.jpg
A fortress? Here in the middle of nowhere?

da2lp54-20.jpg

Well, we'll see in the next update.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I wanna be a stone!
Thanks for showing us the DLC, Twinkle. I never got around to playing it, for obvious reasons.

And thanks for reminding me just how fugly the game looks. :P

Twinkle said:
Still, the encounter design has been improved somewhat. Now, at least, their positions are more or less logical from tactical standpoint.

Oh wow, so Bioware really did take all that criticism to heart. Good to hear.

lightbane

Arcane
Wow, you're not going to take a rest, right? You're a true bro, Twinkle, risking your sanity for our amusement.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Brother None said:
Well, they did pretty much all turn out to be possessed/blood mages anyway. Fortunate coincidence right, otherwise you might feel guilty!
I assume only the people you fight are blood mages, meaning most are innocent if you side with the mages?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom