Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's Pray Generation XTH, desu!

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Gameplay-wise it's basically a souped-up samurai.
Yeah, you'll mostly get Counter and a few spells, but havng a good Paladin with Aegis makes counter kind of useless, and your INT is too low for a decent damage with magic, so is not really that useful... but is extremely cool anyway. :P

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Working on the next batch of videos. They should be ready in a couple of hours. In the meantime, let's have a look at the party! I've been doing some off-screen crafting to get people geared up.

jhlsZtr.jpg

7cTYh5b.jpg

VD4yijf.jpg

Pirate shirt (lolwut) and a pair of katanas. Pepe is rocking with the most hit points, best AC, best thac0 and highest flat damage output.

CCIhUN4.jpg

Hovyaib.jpg

U4SZsoJ.jpg

Phoenix is beginning to catch up with Pepe, but still rolls shitty hit points. Swapping her longsword +1 for an Axe +2 has brought her damage and armor pen up to par with pepe.

rLwzyXE.jpg

AMajKGd.jpg

3axDTwA.jpg

Azira's struggling a bit in our current lineup. His assassins blade +1's simply aren't doing enough damage to bypass the DEF of most opponents, leading to a lot of "1 damage" hits. He also has the worst AC, hit points and thac0 of our front line. Getting him some better stats is a priority, because at the moment, he's mostly just a punching bag.

yQdtacR.jpg

ZBmvxgU.jpg

TLEFz3I.jpg

Orange currently isn't doing much except throwing out the occasional heal. The level 2 heal spells aren't terribly exciting so far. If we can get hold of a decent staff for her, she can start throwing out some attacks from the rear.

fb4sop2.jpg

sdLrJPc.jpg

vamIp0s.jpg

:codexisfor:

...Yeah.
Our trapspringer and back-up wizard. His Fear EXE +1 is the only anti-supernatural weapon we currently posess. Since PSI and WIZ share casting attribute, his 3 Firework spells from the wizard multiclass hit pretty hard.

GBY61XF.jpg

SmKPwcq.jpg

a2QfGIR.jpg

Afro Samurai picked up a +2 staff so he can contribute with attacks without using spell slots. HIs firework/windwork spells are pretty boss. Also works as our back-up healer.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
I find amusing that you navigated throught all that go up/go down maze on lv 2 & 3 and found the switch before even finding the locked door. o_O

It's a mystary +M

I think we're past the days where a developer will put something into a dungeon that you don't need to use/explore. And I'm quite concerned over being penetrated by a Mantii's ovipositor. I know enough about insect reproductive patterns to know where this is going.

Except that isn't happening in the case of the above species. With what little we know, and as there are no (known) records, we must rely on assumptions. For instance - we can assume that, due to the size of the insect and its obvious aggression, it is unlikely that eggs would be transferred in a single stab and more likely to be injected in a host that has been subdued. The gestation of the larvae would probably have be very fast, as the Mantii are known to mortally wound their prey, so it's doubtful a host would survive much long, or if all after an attack. Or of course it could be that the ovipositor has degenerated into just being an organ used for the injection of poison or simply for stabbing prey, making all said above redundant.

Ulminati, you must aquire more data!

Sure, why not. I promised to write something for someone, so I need some failure to keep my creative juices flowing now that I'm scraping the bottom of the whisky bottle.

Azira dying every single fight, even when defending, and the resulting "FFS" should provide more than ample failure.

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
I see the levelup to level 3 was kinder on my avatar. I might even survive longer this way. I only hope I'll also turn useful at some point, other than as a punching bag. :roll:

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Well, my non-LP party hit level 5, and our ninja - Bee - is rocking with a pair of +3 brofists. I really just need to get you something better than the assassin blades since they do bugger all damage and poison isn't all that useful.

Zetor

Arcane
Keep in mind that ninja (and archers) have the option to hide and assassinate / surprise attack any enemy group, too. I leave it to you to decide how useful that can be. ;)

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
I'll be streaming, chatting and listening to trance in a few minutes.

It appears the let's play save didn't save, so I'll be retreading familiar territory. :(

Lack of multiple save slots is the biggest failing of this game.

http://www.twitch.tv/ulminati

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Lots of talky-talky this time.
Second video is uploadan as I post this. It should be online in 10 mins.

Don't worry. Next mission involves us going to a new dungeon.
Anyway, at the end of this update, everyone's levelled and equipped like this:
YZ9TrzL.jpg

XO2YQYi.jpg

4r2DfB6.jpg

Level 4 gave Pepe access to dual-wielding main-hand weapons. We promptly replaced his sub-katana for another main katana and gave it some upgrades. He keeps rolling well on hit points.
JPU4y5B.jpg

o3aumG4.jpg

cRE9fqV.jpg

Phoenix has 3 different weapons with various enchantments at the moment. The axe is strong vs wind element enemies (mantii, vorpal bunnies) and demihumans (goblins, hobgoblins, trolls). The lance is strong vs. supernatural (poltergeists and slimes) and has reach. The sword is strong vs. fire type creatures, which the axe is weak against. The lance was actually made for orange until I realized she couldn't equip it. :P
Sd59Lou.jpg

3FFpFXP.jpg

KqStB6l.jpg

Azira is still trailing behind everyone. I upgraded one of his +1 Assassin blades to a +5 Psycho Dagger in the hopes that'll make him able to damage things. We have some decent armor waiting for him once he hits level 5. But it feels a loooong way off at the moment.
qrnBQgJ.jpg

m4IXs7s.jpg

YdMhXTp.jpg

Orange got a pair of totally Kawaii angel wings that lets her levitate the party. ^__^
I also upgraded her Vitality instead of Piety this level because she only gets 3-5 hp per level atm.
5tioHTu.jpg

r8KL0Ej.jpg

LUIdKHi.jpg

Afro Samurai, the Sorceror of Soul, got himself a totally stylin' pimp hat that gives +int. I also upgraded his pimp cane to +5. Not that he needs it, since his rap magic lets him bust mad rhymes for hours on end.
KAZ1IDJ.jpg

W1frc1X.jpg

3WZp8NC.jpg

And poor Absalammi continues his descent into questionable heterosexuality with a leather cap the kind of which you normally see on gay bikers with crotchless pants. But at least it gives him +int. He also got a new EXE that has a chance of causing confusion on hit. A better debuff than fear.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Well, I can either grind the babel sphere or I can start the next mission which takes us into the hinowa abyss and unlocks a new blood code.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom