Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's play Zafehouse Diaries!

• Thread starter Multi-headed Cow
  • Start date

Anabanana

Augur
So, we let Artabanes live. Before we proceed with the update proper, here's a list of your stats for the newly unlocked actions!

Treat an injured survivor.

Dexter 4
Artabanes 1
Azira 1
Lindblum 1
Tindrli 1

Since Dexter has the best doctoring stats, I put him on Artabanes's case right away! Unfortunately, we can't do much about the lacerations since we don't have bandages. We do get his contusions treated and his fever stemmed - for now.

Clean up corpses.

Tindrli 5
Artabanes 4
Lindblum 3
Dexter 3
Azira 2

Tindrli's time spent as a corpse seems to have given him a stronger liking for them, surpassing even the self-styled morgue cleaner Artabanes!

Prepare a meal.

Tindrli 5
Artabanes 5
Lindblum 3
Azira 3
Dexter 3

FsLGT.jpg

And we find the first rescue clue, the frequency! Couldn't have come at a better time. Will it be enough to stop the friends from killing each other?

lCQUq.jpg

Apparently not. Tindrli's pissed at Lindblum for trying to off his boyfriend. And now Lindblum needs some bandages too, which the store doesn't have. Great.

96DmN.jpg

Here are our supplies. We also have 15 ingredients, 5 small meals, and 16 snacks.

IgrkK.jpg

And here are our relationships. Yeowch. Perhaps a separation strategy may be in order, at least until everybody's murderous feelings have died down a little?

Right now, our priority should be getting bandages for Artabanes and Lindblum, to treat their lacerations. Artabanes will also need painkillers or antibiotics to treat his fever (which will worsen over time until he eventually dies), but since we have 4 packets of painkillers right now we should be good on that front for quite a while yet. We can probably try breaching the other houses or stores to see if there are bandages there.

Or would you like to go for the bank now? There'll probably be more zombies in it if we wait till later.

tindrli

Arcane
im just glad that we found that shotgun . seems like a store owner was was "aficionado"
uawNI.jpg

if bros agreed lets storm that bank. Artabanes first

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
We're off to a good start, and I find it strangely reassuring that the swedish chef isn't the character best suited to cook. :lol:

I guess the reason my character sucks is the traits I listed for him. His stats seem OK..

tindrli

Arcane
It's just too bad that we don't have the ammo for it, eh?

we wili as soon as i start cleaning some corpses

and mr. azira, i have never, ever saw a character that sucks so much. ever

Dayyālu

Arcane
Rotten luck, literally.

To be incredibly cruel, I could say that the best choice was to send Artabanes to his dear Zoroaster.
Relationships are all, as I understand. Well, he'll live and endure.

BREACH THE BANK THEN THE NEARBY SHOP/HOUSE. WE NEED MEDICAL SUPPLIES FAST.
If we support a separation, I suggest we hit the Bank in a single wave, then tindlri/Artabanes on Breaching the Shop and the rest of the team of the nearby House.

Is the Church useful NOW to cool some heads? We can try to Breach that if it'll help.

Annnnd SHOTGUN. Single happy thing in a sea of despair.
The Infection could be interesting to see.
If it goes bad, well, maybe we'll se if Lindblum is truly Deathless.
If it is simply a way to get more pressure on us (constant need of meds) we can live with that.
If it is good, any chance for Artabanes to became some kind of Super-Survivor?

tindrli

Arcane
i wonder, the cure for disease is in hospital or its triggered event.. in any case we need to move..everyone storm the bank.. clear some corpses, search for an hour, send me to that house west

Anabanana

Augur
Is the Church useful NOW to cool some heads? We can try to Breach that if it'll help.

Survivors are less inclined to murder each other in front of Jesus Christ, I think. (I don't think it actually improves relationships, just stops fights from breaking out.)

The Infection could be interesting to see.
If it goes bad, well, maybe we'll se if Lindblum is truly Deathless.
If it is simply a way to get more pressure on us (constant need of meds) we can live with that.
If it is good, any chance for Artabanes to became some kind of Super-Survivor?

I honestly have no idea what the devs have added to the whole infection scenario. In all my previous playthroughs with version 1.13, all that happens is that your fever will get worse and worse until you eventually die (it's not too big a deal - painkillers and antibiotics aren't exactly rare in the game). And then you wake up and attack people, but that's pretty much the same as a random zombie corpse coming back to life, which means you'll be pretty easy to defeat. The devs seem to hint that 1.141 has added a way to cure the infection, but I'm as clueless as you are.

Looks like we have 3 votes for bank, and so bank it is. Update will be up shortly.

Anabanana

Augur
We storm the bank and search it.

7llVK.jpg

Everything goes pretty smoothly for once. (Let's see how long that'll last...)

4U451.jpg

Our current supplies (I couldn't bring over too much from the store, sorry).

d6sIx.jpg

Our relationships. Still pretty horrible.

B7TMr.jpg

Here's the security status of the bank, since y'all seem to be interested in using this as a zafehouse for the rest of the game.

So, what should we do now? Send separate teams to breach various different houses? If so, please note who you want in each team, and which team should breach which place.

Dayyālu

Arcane
tindlri/Artabanes on Breaching the Shop and the rest of the team of the nearby House. West of the bank, North of the Shop.

I suggest a new mid-term objective: Holding a Feast. if the manual is right, it could be a life saver now. Is the feast truly THAT effective?

We're all pretty good at cooking, and Breaching the nearby houses could give us the meals we need to hold it.
So, after this double Breach, Tindlri and Artabanes focus on Trapping the Bank/Cooking for the Feast, the others Breach the nearby houses/Warehouses and get supplies/Food to the bank/clues.
Divide et Impera, in a weird way.

Anabanana

Augur
tindlri/Artabanes on Breaching the Shop and the rest of the team of the nearby House.

Which house, precisely? The house north of the shop, or the house south of the shop? Or do you mean the house west of the bank?

And yeah, the feast raises your survivors' relationships to the max. That does sound like a great idea! Maybe barricading the bank would be a good idea as well, since it's still early in the game and there are so few entrances? Since the feast will create noise and attract zombies, it might be good to get the place as secure as possible.

dextermorgan

Arcane
Hmmm. How about you leave me with a handgun and and a clip of ammo and have me trap the bank while others go out in pairs raiding closest houses for food? Oh, and do avoid pairing up Tindril and Lindblum :D

Anabanana

Augur
hoxI1.jpg

Artabanes and Tindrli breach the east store, Azira and Lindblum the house above it.

QTLel.jpg

I realize that Azira and Lindblum are horrible at searching, so I send Dexter to finish up the search job for them while they carry supplies back to the bank.

fSUvS.jpg

Dexter, Tindrli and Artabanes regroup at the bank with supplies while Lindblum and Azira breach the house west of the bank.

b4YAp.jpg

Lindblum and Azira find a rescue clue. Too bad the others aren't around to take advantage of the relationship boost; they're busy getting the rest of the supplies from the east store.

ylaz3.jpg

Since there weren't any bandages in any of the previous houses, I have the Artabanes-Tindrli team go to the house southeast of the bank.

dKs5S.jpg

We got another rescue clue, and more importantly, 2 bandages!

fkGVY.jpg

I spread a rumor about Lindblum to get his relationships out of the red. And it works! I send Lindblum and Azira to get the ingredients from the store above the bank while Artabanes uses the bandages to fully treat his wounds.

uX9vv.jpg

Lindblum uses the bandages to treat himself as well.

TCAol.jpg

The bank is now fully trapped.

xJuRX.jpg

The rescue clues we've found so far. The only thing we still need is the radio!

tHjfy.jpg

With the help of the rumor, our relationships are much better than they were before. Should we still continue with the feast? Artabanes and Tindrli are still in the middle of cooking for it.

CkKZc.jpg

Here are our supplies after all that foraging. You'll notice that Artabanes has a high-grade fever, meaning he's probably about to die at any moment. All antibiotics and painkillers can do is slow his inevitable(?) death.

So, what should we do while preparing Artabanes's last supper? Artie and Tinnie are both still cooking, but Dexter, Azira, and Lindblum are free to do whatever. Perhaps you'd like to start barricading? The feast will be rather noisy, after all. Maybe start modifying some weapons? Patrolling? Or maybe you want to skip the meal together and continue breaching houses?

dextermorgan

Arcane
Skip the meal, we'll make enough noise barricading and our morale is sufficiently improved. Since barricading makes noise, have one of us (Tindrli?) build quietly, another on spotter duty (me?) and the remaining three in a raiding party. I'd put Artabanes in the raiding party so we don't have to interrupt barricade/spotting to get rid of his diseased corpse if he dies on us. (sorry) Besides, he's the only one who's actually good at searching out of the rest of the team so we might as well get the most use out of him while he lasts (sorry again).

We should probably start making notes of furniture stores in various houses, in case we need to build a bonfire at some point.

(yet another) edit:
When I say "raiding party" I mean go for nearest soft spots (stores, houses).

tindrli

Arcane
Finally we have ammo for shotgun!!!
Now, if we are done with searching and cleaning, lets storm that kindergarden and then without further delay storm the hospital and search for the freakin medicine. The good thing is that motel is right next to it so we can rest as well

i wonder what are the chances that the medicine is in university lab, is such thing exist

sadly we don't have Gatling gun

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
I wonder if the swedish chef would suck just as much if he had godly (3 in all) stats and the same traits? :troll:

Anyway, I'm all for the continuing breaching. We need to kill more zombies before our Morgue Cleaner join their ranks.

Anabanana

Augur
We have an overwhelming majority for continued breaching, but you guys seem undecided on where exactly to breach (and who to leave behind?). Tindrli wants to go school -> hospital -> motel, but Dexter wants to hit the houses and shops. I need somebody else to cast a tiebreaker here.

We should probably start making notes of furniture stores in various houses, in case we need to build a bonfire at some point.

Most houses will have enough furniture to start a bonfire - the more important item is a can of gasoline. But you can ask me about items/furniture in other houses whenever you want - I can check that easily.

i wonder what are the chances that the medicine is in university lab, is such thing exist

The university will probably have some medicine, like all other buildings. If we breach the hospital though, we'll have more medicine than we'll ever manage to use in the game. Maybe the extra antibiotics might've helped Artabanes live slightly longer, but eh. He's a goner either way. Sorry, Artie baby. :(

Anabanana

Augur
I send Artabanes, Azira, and Lindblum over to assault the school, while Tindrli barricades quietly and Dexter keeps watch.

5y6I9.jpg

Note that Artie is near death, the poor guy. Looks like the only corpse he'll be cleaning is his own, eh?

Tindrli manages to secure the main entrance to the bank before this happens:

nON4c.jpg

v1.1.41 patch notes said:
[We've included] numerous tweaks to the lynch mob dilemma, including incorporating environmental factors (barricades, traps, etc) into resolution and trigger chance.

On one hand, the bank is fully trapped and the only door is barricaded. On the other hand, your relationships aren't exactly maxed, and you don't have the best weapons because we've used up all the ammo on assaulting the school. Also, Artabanes is near death. On the other other hand, they might give us the last thing we need, the radio, if we fight them. It's your call, comrades.

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
HA_HA_HA,_OH_WOW.jpg

It would have been an easy choice if they'd asked for Arty. Dexter though, he's useful and not about to die anytime soon. Had it been me, then I'd have voted to turn me over, as I'm so useless it almost hurts. As is, I'm for saying no to them...

Anabanana

Augur
We refuse to give our new bro Dexter up, but...

GAovn.jpg

Let's have a moment of silence for the brave morgue cleaner, who survived one zombie invasion only to finally succumb at the hands of humans. Your sacrifice will not be in vain, Artie. We have the radio now. All the clues are in place. All we need to do now is to breach the university. That is, if those three escaped men don't come back for revenge...

lh6KX.jpg

Once again, we need bandages. Maybe trying to breach a store might be a good idea at this point?

ekhNW.jpg

Here are our supplies.

A6h6e.jpg

Here's the security report for the bank.

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
What now?! I, the swedish chef, was the hero of the moment when the armed men assaulted? :lol:

Well then, Arty died but that was expected. Too bad he bit Tindrli. Will he turn too?

Ah well, we need medical supplies. Breaching a store seems like a good idea. The hospital seems out of our league, or what do the rest of the survivors think?

Oh, and how long until the rescue chopper arrives? I haven't kept too close watch on what day it is, as I didn't expect to survive this long..

Anabanana

Augur
Well then, Arty died but that was expected. Too bad he bit Tindrli. Will he turn too?

I don't think so. If you look at Tindrli's status, it doesn't say that he has a fever, so I think he'll be fine.

Oh, and how long until the rescue chopper arrives? I haven't kept too close watch on what day it is, as I didn't expect to survive this long..

No idea. I don't think we've found the clue saying which day the chopper arrives. We haven't heard the sound of the chopper, so it probably won't be for a while yet. It's Tuesday right now.

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Well then, breaching a store seems prudent. :salute: Trying to take the hospital will probably not go too well, but maybe we could scout it out?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom