Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's Play VtM: Wild Nights - Chapter 10

Erebus

Arcane
B wouldn't necessarily help Jamieson and it could ruin the plan. I vote for a mix of A and C :

- if Angelos gets to the ledge and Jamieson's far enough to survive, we trigger the bomb immediately ;

- if Angelos gets to the ledge and Jamieson's too close, we wait to see if he finds a way to get away, but :

- if Angelos seems about to leave the ledge, we trigger the bomb immediately.

Jamieson's a very resourceful ally and it would be a shame to lose him if it's not absolutely necessary. Also, it'd be nice if our Patrician managed to save an ally's life for a change.

Sergiu64

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Erebus said:
B wouldn't necessarily help Jamieson and it could ruin the plan. I vote for a mix of A and C :

- if Angelos gets to the ledge and Jamieson's far enough to survive, we trigger the bomb immediately ;

- if Angelos gets to the ledge and Jamieson's too close, we wait to see if he finds a way to get away, but :

- if Angelos seems about to leave the ledge, we trigger the bomb immediately.

Jamieson's a very resourceful ally and it would be a shame to lose him if it's not absolutely necessary. Also, it'd be nice if our Patrician managed to save an ally's life for a change.

I thought we couldn't see who is at the ledge, just hear sounds near it?

laclongquan

Arcane
Indeed, audio only. If Angelos admire the thing in silence we will have very few clues.

Still think we let Donnie take care of himself. we should blow this right when we certain the Sculptor is in the blast zone. It's hard enough as it is.

I wonder if she didn't give us the authority to make the call just so she wouldn't suffer a Humanity hit if Jamieson gets toasted. Or for the mass murder of the Sabbat for that matter, depending on how strict the rules are in this world. (Certainly easier to justify if someone else does it, in any case.)

That said, since we've gone this far, I don't think we should bugger around. Jamieson knows what's down there and what will happen if he doesn't cover his own ass. A.

laclongquan

Arcane
The one who press the trigger stands to gain a big chunk of credit. Plus this is our plan to begin with, our sweat and blood poured out, this will make us the main architect of this ambush.

Of course, the question is why she want us to gain that much. Answer: because she need us to stand with her side, play a major role, even, in the upcoming Magna Carta event. It's a huge PR coup for Sammy and all signs point toward her tendency to count on PR stuffs.

EDIT: on another note, I interpret what you said differently: Sammy just plain dont like her hands dirty with blood. So she fob off the job on us.

anver

Educated
laclongquan said:
The one who press the trigger stands to gain a big chunk of credit. Plus this is our plan to begin with, our sweat and blood poured out, this will make us the main architect of this ambush.

Of course, the question is why she want us to gain that much.
Insulation would be my guess. If we succeed and wipe out Angelos the Sabbat will be looking for revenge, hard, and if we're celebrated as the architect of the plan we'll become their #1 target. She's trying to make us her puppet, so if our rise to power gets us burned she loses nothing, but if we survive (and dance to her tune) she gains heavily.

That said, A. Donnie knew the risks, we can't jeopardize this chance.

Assuming lurker newfags have a say in the matter, anyway.

Esquilax

Arcane
anver said:
Insulation would be my guess. If we succeed and wipe out Angelos the Sabbat will be looking for revenge, hard, and if we're celebrated as the architect of the plan we'll become their #1 target. She's trying to make us her puppet, so if our rise to power gets us burned she loses nothing, but if we survive (and dance to her tune) she gains heavily.

That said, A. Donnie knew the risks, we can't jeopardize this chance.

Assuming lurker newfags have a say in the matter, anyway.

Welcome aboard, those are some great points. Eames is a long-term planner and she realizes that this focus on who will take credit for the hit is a pleb mentality. She thinks big and isn't concerned with petty shit like favour when she has something bigger in the works. It's clear she prefers manipulation to outright murder - indeed, her plot to strip Kirkbeck of his power is entirely bloodless. She's willing to let some other sucker be the triggerman and take the glory because she's more than happy to control things from the shadows.

I disagree somewhat on the Sabbat. The loss of two war packs and a charismatic leader like Angelos in a surprise attack is pretty devastating. With so many of their people dead, their leadership in disarray, and their morale in tatters, they won't have the resources or organization to pose a serious threat to the Patrician's life (for now, that is). I think we have some time to buy up muscle or prepare ourselves before they move. I'd suggest getting Erika or Oscar to track Wilkinson down so that we can interrogate her later. Dubrik will think she's incompetent at best, and a double agent at worst, so she'll have no choice but to give us whatever info she knows about Dubrik and the Sabbat in exchange for her life. Maybe we can point her to Bob Griddle's location in Blackfriars if we feel she's too much of a liability to work for us.

However, our overall focus should now be on dealing with our Camarilla rivals. I'm not only talking about Eames, but du Marchais as well - success breeds envy, and our recent victory will have him taking notice and plotting against us. I'm expecting a lot of court intrigue in the coming chapters.

laclongquan

Arcane
Let's hope like hell the bomb will take out Angelos entirely. It's one major objective of this ambush after all.

But killing all the Sabbat that coming there. More than two packs at least? I doubt we can.

The location is tunnel, which mean close quarter combat. It's just not easy to wipe out that big a number of vamps in one hour. Impossible. Unless we use heavy munitions, the like we dont have and didnt use.

It's linked to sewer so they can withdraw safely, relatively speaking. We can harass them and kill somewhat but at best maybe one pack before they get out.

The point of the whole thing is that it's a cheap quick and effective operation that cut off the Sabbat's head while minimizing loss and attention.

Of course with the loss of Angelos there's a Sabbatical void of power in London. Our old friend Dubrik will jump in with both feet, heheheh.

ironyuri

I just had a thought.

I've been keeping out of discussions the last week or two (I'm still caught up with Shogun 2, have racked up 167 hours in less than a month), but my thought was this:

We think Oscar is working for Earnes behind our back. I think that's bullshit. Oscar obviously kept an eye on us and on Rannigan after we pissed him off, but that doesn't mean he's working for Earnes. The Nos and the Tremere dislike one another, so this makes a pairing unlikely.

I believe that Oscar may infact be passing information to the Nosferatu themselves. The Nos primogen of London will probably want to know what's going on and Oscar may have found out about our location through the Nos hired by Earnes as the bomber. We were down in the sewers where Ogham runes were found, perhaps the Nos found out about our journey and told Oscar to keep an eye on us?

The Nos may want to play a part in putting a new prince on the throne, or alternatively, in keeping the Tremere *off* the throne.

It would make more sense than our man turning on us to work for Earnes.

We also have to remain aware that Earnes is trying to enthrall Sommers and possibly Fellowes. We need to break her will somehow or we'll lose our power. Sommers still hasn't confronted his fears and thus is weak willed (remember who turned him Vamp in the first place- a strong willed woman) especially where stronger women are concerned (does that count in WoD lore?) We have to break Earnes' hold and assert ourselves as 50/50 partners at worst, Sommers as a controlling partner at best. We do not bow to the mages.

laclongquan

Arcane
ANd indeed there's no collaborating evidence that Oscar work for *Eames*. He works for someone on keeping an eye on Sommers but the thought that someone is Eames is Sommer's guess.

And never fear, in the coming political event, at best we leave Eames with some credit but stall her work, at worst we ruin it outright. Beside our reputation as a combat tactician, we will show to Camarilla we are nobody's bitch.

grotsnik

Arcane
Chapter 18 - Inferno

“So,” Jamieson says, raising his voice to make himself heard over the noise of the rushing water, “you got a lotta boys here, Sculptor.”

Angelos ignores him. His robes are soaked in the underground stream; he presses on, nonetheless.

“I told you, Sculptor,” Jamieson shouts after him, “Camarilla ain’t gonna find us down here. No need to rush.”

“It is not the Camarilla which concerns me,” Angelos mutters, not quite beneath his breath, “not so much as the…”

He pauses.

“You know...Donnie..." he says, "you have a knack for getting people to talk. It's the Malkavian in you, I suppose. How's your arm?"

Jamieson glances down at the twisted stump jutting out from his sleeve.

“I’ll be honest,” he says. “I kinda liked my old one.”

“Once we have captured the Caecilian,” Angelos tells him, “I will craft you something suitable. For now, however, you must forgive me for showing caution. You have…ah, already proven yourself capable of assassination. Giving you a natural weapon to carry on your wrist now would be imprudent, I feel."

The Sabbat slip on, through the darkness of the tunnels.

In a stairwell to the north of the river, Eames' enforcers check their weaponry.

"Sun goes up, sun goes down," one of them whispers to himself, nervous. "Sun goes up, sun goes down."

Angelos stoops, running his hand across the Ogham runes.

"Kinda wish we had stuff like that back home," Jamieson says from behind him. "I mean, sure, there's the native crap, Lupine drawings, out in the hills, but..."

"Their history is yours," Angelos murmurs. "You should embrace it, Donnie. Every war that is fought is fought for territory, and for thousands of years, Kindred and Kine and creatures beyond our reckoning have chosen - for whatever reason - to scrap over this little patch of grey on the map. As I move through the strata below the living city, I feel the anger of the Northern brutes as they sailed upriver to burn and rape. I undergo the torments of the barons of Normandy as they ruled a country which spoke only in another man's tongue. I hear the footfalls of the black-eyed alchemists of Rome and the sniggers of the foul House of Windsor and the heated cries of the East... the true home of all who arose from the Dark Father. We are only elements, of past and present and future, and we may tear these shards apart and mould them together once again as we please until we find perfection. So embrace your...native crap, Donnie. "

He taps his long nail gently against the rock.

"This was a place of power once," he continues, as if to himself, "as it is today. The city remembers. The Lhiannan dwelt here once...and yet even these daubings are not so very old, a few millenia at most. What lay beneath the earth where they laid their foundations?"

He rises, slowly.

"Beastie's that way," Jamieson says, pointing with a polite little cough.

Angelos gazes out into the gloom.

"Yes," he replies. "I can hear it."

"You hear that?" Oscar says.

The bug is beginning to pick up faint voices; barely audible beneath the cackling static and the wails of the Caecilian.

"They're coming," Eames replies.

You gently turn the mobile about between your fingers.

The voices grow louder. An obvious American drawl.

"...are you gonna do with this thing?"

And a deeper voice replies. You can't make out what's being said.

"Jamieson?" says Fellowes. He gives you a look. "Dammit, shouldn't he be staying well clear?"

"He's keeping Angelos talking," you tell him. "He wants us to know for certain when the bastard's above the explosives."

"Closer now," Oscar hisses.

You begin to dial.

Jamieson stops walking. Behind him, Wallace jabs the barrel of his shotgun into his back.

"Keep moving," he growls.

Jamieson gives him a look.

"Oh, no-no-no-no," he says. "I ain't getting close to that pit edge. If your boss there should happen to decide he'd like to see just how that thing feeds, I'd very much like it to be one of you fuckers, instead of me."

Wallace leans forward, meeting the American's gaze.

He snarls,

"Maybe I'll toss you down there myself, Yankee freak."

Jamieson shrugs, as if the whole thing's of very little concern to him, and takes another few steps forward. He glances back, taking note of the broad-shouldered vampire who's taken up position at the cave entrance.

Ahead, Angelos steps up to the very edge of the pit. Two pack members accompany him on either side.

The Caecilian is seething. The worms shift and gibber, snapping up at the empty air.

A slow, gentle smile spreads across Angelos' tattered face. He watches it for a moment, apparently enchanted.

"Oh," he whispers. "Oh, you are beautiful. You are art indeed. The work of the Black Hand, if I'm not mistaken. Valsharos? Yes, Valsharos. Not a classic example of his craftsmanship, perhaps, a little more baroque, a little more influenced by Unta's ideas...but that's to be expected. But you're distressed, my baby, you're crying out..."

He waves a hand. The Caecilian stills. Slowly, as if puppeteered from above, the worms turn their ruined heads up towards him, and fall silent. The great flesh-mass pulsates more slowly, as if calming.

"Tell me," Angelos says. "Tell me what's wrong, little one."

He listens, head slightly cocked, to the hissings of the Caecilian.

Jamieson shifts his feet, and takes a step backwards.

Wallace calls, anxiously, hefting his shotgun,

"Almost dawn, Sculptor."

Angelos' expression alters, very slowly, as if coming to some great realisation.

He says, calmly and without rancour, pushing himself upwards as if to rise,

"Betrayal. Foolish of me, reall-"

The explosion bursts upwards, flowering out; and before it, all-consuming comes the blinding white smoke.

The ashes of Sculptor Angelos, the Caecilian and the two Sabbat members blow upwards, and out, mingling with tumbling shards of London rock.

Far above, on the tarmac outside Battersea Power Station, one pack member turns to another and says,

"Did you hear something?"

From somewhere out in the darkness, a voice cries,

"Camarilla! Camarilla!"

A strangled scream, to the west. And the shout is taken up, on all sides.

"Camarilla's coming! Camarilla's coming!"

Car headlights are bursting up out of the grey night.

The pack member blanches.

"Oh," he says. "Oh, shit."

His partner glances at him in silence, and then turns, and dives through the doorway into the station.

"Yeah," the pack member says, to nobody in particular. "Yeah, right. Run."

He sprints out, east, ducking under the broken wire fence, yelling as he goes,

"Scram! Camarilla! Camarilla! Time to go!"

He almost makes it to the river.

The smoke is everywhere. Grappling at the solid rock of the cave floor, eyes tightly shut against the burning dust, Wallace screams. Something hard is sticking into his shoulder. Precious vitae is oozing from somewhere, coating his fingers.

"Anyone there?" he yells, fumbling outwards, trying to find his shotgun. His voice comes out muffled, numbed by the constant ringing sound in his ears. "Butcher? Caern? Caern, where the fuck are you?"

Silence; then the rattle of machine-gun fire, from above. Then a couple of low, thudding booms.

"Bastards must've got into the tunnels," he mutters. "We'll show 'em. Sculptor, you all right? Sculptor?"

And from somewhere to the right, a voice cries out, weakly,

"I'm here, old bean. Pip pip and cock-a-diddle....heheh...cock-a-diddle-doo. Nah, I'm just messing with you. He's toast. Fuck...fuck me, I think there's a rock in my chest. Is there a rock in my chest? I'm...currently having trouble seeing."

Wallace grits his teeth and begins to drag himself forward across the floor.

"I'll kill you, you American fuck!" he howls. "You're dead!"

"Probably," Jamieson replies, from somewhere in the smoke. "Like I said, there's a rock in my chest. You found that shotgun of yours yet?"

Wallace's fingers close on something hard. He smiles to himself, relieved, and yells,

"Looks like I just did, motherf-"

A cold metal circle presses, very gently, against his forehead.

"Doubt it," Jamieson says. He pulls the trigger, and fires twice.

After a moment, keeping his eyes firmly closed against the muggy smoke, he lets the shotgun slip out of his grip. His severed stump, pressing against the butt, is aching horribly.

Wincing, vitae gushing from his chest, he crawls forward a couple of inches across the rock, and feels his hand around the object clutched in Wallace's hand, trying to discover its shape.

"Well, I'll be damned," he says, at last. "A foot."

"Oh, she's a grand old rag, she's a high-flying rag...and...forever in peace may she wave..."

Jamieson stumbles up out of the cave entrance. His free hand clutches at the severed scalp of Wallace, stray, greying skin hanging from the rotten hair. He shakes at his head, trying to dislodge the ringing sound filling his ears.

"...emblem of..." he mutters, distractedly, "the land I love.."

He takes a step downwards, and almost loses his balance in the fast-flowing water.

"Oops," he giggles, and looks up.

The tunnel ahead is filled with Sabbat. Some of them injured, clutching at fresh wounds. Others are holding knives, long blades, and guns. All of them are gazing down at him at stunned surprise.

Jamieson raises his severed stump.

"I'm unarmed," he says.

One of the pack members, his face torn and coated in white dust and phosphorus burns, raises a quivering finger.

"That's him!" he snarls. "That's the fucking traitor!"

"Donnie Jamieson," Jamieson replies, calmly. "Like the whiskey, only spelt different."

He shifts, trying to find his footing in the stream, and lets Wallace's hairy patch of flesh tumble down out of his grasp. His fist coils.

The Sabbat charge, the water splashing up all about them as they cascade down the sloping tunnel.

"Ah, well," Jamieson mutters. "What the fuck, then. Oh, she's a grand old rag-"

He twists, and swings, catching the first of the Sabbat in the face with his stump of an arm, only tumbling back as three pistol shots drill into his chest-

"-a high-flying rag-"

He snatches hold of a head with his free hand and rams it against the wall of the tunnel.

"-emblem of-"

A snarling shape hurls itself at him, tossing him back and down, into the rushing water. His spine cracks against the tunnel floor. The flowing stream froths up around his face.

Gazing benignly at the hate-filled face in front of him, he brings his fist up and strikes at the vampire's face, digging in his nails, tearing at his assailant's skin. The Cainite shrieks, but other hands are snatchig at him, rough boots kicking downwards, fists pummelling.

A long blade swings downwards, tearing through the air, making for his throat.

"-land I love-"

To the very end, Donald Jamieson keeps smiling.

The little room is silent. On Oscar's cameras, a couple of Eames' agents can be faintly seen, carrying Sabbat remains in bin-bags to one of their vans.

The static crackles.

"Tinker here," a voice says, uncertainly. "You there, Regentia?"

"I'm listening, Tinker, dear," Eames replies. "Report, please."

"Resistance was relatively scant at the entrance," the voice says, "as you'll have seen. The majority of the Sabbat was gathered in the station itself - mainly in the tunnels below. It was strange, Regentia - as if they expected the attack to come from below."

"I asked for a report," says Eames, leaning forward, "not your speculation. The outcome, please, Tinker."

"Fighting was fierce in the tunnels," Tinker continues. "Your Nos cleared the way with a couple of grenades, which helped a lot. Still...three of ours went to their Final Deaths before the Sabbat retreated. Some of them might've made for the Thames, but I don't think we'll have time to pursue them tonight."

"That's fine," Eames says. "And the cave?"

"Remains of four Kindred...and something larger, all burnt up. Three of the Sabbat must've been taken out by the explosion. The fourth was missing his head. Shotgun blast. Saiga-12, I think."

"Any sign of our operative down there?" you ask.

A moment of silence.

"Answer the man," Eames snaps.

"Possible remains of operative found in the tunnels. Surrounded by Sabbat bodies. If it was your man...well, he'd have been one tough son of a bitch. With permission, Regentia, we'll finish up here and then head back to the vans. Not long till dawn."

Eames meets your gaze.

"All right," she says. "Thank you, Tinker. Over and out."

She turns, and touches your arm.

"It's probably best it turned out this way," she tells you, gently. "The man was a genuine liability."

Dawn is coming. You can feel the weariness creeping over you like the malevolent rays of Old Father Sun himself.

You lie back across your cot and wait for torpor to engulf you entirely.

A strange, rhythmic humming sound; you turn, without thinking, and lift your mobile off the table.

A 0151 number. A Liverpool number.

You gaze at it for a moment, and then accept the call, raising the phone to your ear.

A shrill, monotonous voice whispers from within,

"Sommers."

You remain silent.

"Sommers," Bishop Dubrik says, "if I may give you some free advice...try to be a little harder to reach. When one is connected, one can be got to. My name is Dubrik. I thought we should talk."

Pushing yourself up off the cot, you lick your lips, but don't answer him.

"Oh, for goodness' sake," snaps Dubrik. "I know you're alive, Sommers. I knew that for certain as soon as I heard that Angelos had been killed. If one does not see a Cainite's Final Death, one assumes that he is alive - no matter what the evidence that he is not. You pulled off quite a trick."

"Not without cost," you reply.

"You sacrificed a knight," he says, "and you felled a king. I daresay the Sabbat in London will take some time to recover."

You fall back against the cot. Your eyes can barely remain open.

"You're tired," Dubrik says. "Yes, I'm tired too. The sun rises, and all of our scheming and plotting ceases to matter for another twelve hours or so. Angelos' scheming, however...well, that's turned to dust."

"You suspected I was alive," you murmur. You're too weary to make it sound like a question.

"Suspected," he replies, "but not certain. I simply passed the information on to Angelos as I'd heard it. His lack of caution was his own undoing. I will not hold myself to blame for that."

You tell him, closing your eyes,

"The Sabbat will be driven from London. You sent Angelos to his death and you betrayed your on brethren."

"Unlikely," says Dubrik. "Someone will rise to take Angelos' place. And even if we were driven out...well, we'd return, some day, even if it's marching at Caine's side at Gehenna's light. You'll learn to be philosophical about all of this, Sommers, if you live to be a little older."

He lets out a little cough that could be a laugh.

"It occurs to me," he says, "that one of my people is now in your hands. Amanda Wilkinson. You knew that she was working for me, and you used her to spring your trap. I want her returned to me, unharmed. I have a bounty on your head; it will be removed. I cannot, however, speak for others in the Sabbat who will - understandably - desire to retaliate. Moreover, Angelos attempted to negotiate with me before his death with information concerning recent goings-on in London and further north. This information is yours, if you so desire."

Your fingers are beginning to feel numb.

"What do you want Wilkinson for?" you mumble. "She wasn't much of a spy."

"Perhaps she can learn from this experience and become a far better one," Dubrik replies. "At any rate, that is not your concern. If you comply with my request, you will put Wilkinson on a train headed northwards in the next week. Remember how simple it was for me to get in contact with you, Sommers. You're meddling in the affairs of Cainites far older and far more vindictive than you could ever hope to be. Don't make the mistake of-"

You hang up, lolling your arm dozily out across the cot. The phone bounces across the saferoom floor.

And you fall into torpor.

How will you respond to Dubrik's request?

A) Accept.

B) Refuse.

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
I'll pour some malt liquor on the curb in honor of Donnie. :salute:

Great fucking update grotsnik, some really good stuff there. You're not interested in being the GM for a group of European Dark Heresy players via IRC? ;)

Anyway, I think Dubrik's offer is intriguing and I think we should go with it to see what happens.

Voting A as in Awesome

grotsnik

Arcane
Azael said:
Great fucking update grotsnik, some really good stuff there. You're not interested in being the GM for a group of European Dark Heresy players via IRC? ;)

Thanks a lot! Sadly, as the occasionally erratic nature of this LP should make clear, I'm a busy little motherfucker who commits himself to far, far too much as it is.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
Damn, I'm really sorry to see Angelos go so fast. He was quite an interesting character. A worthy opponent. But it seems we're getting a new one in the form of Dubrik. Let's play his little game for now. A.

laclongquan

Arcane
Great update! What a lovely surprise.

Donnie is dead! Shit! Much as I loved to see him bruised, maimed, and half-killed in this fracas as payback for his performance, I truly miss him. we need to find ourself some other batshit insane Malkavian as friend and associate. Kirkberg come to mind, though the fucker is a bit fuddy duddy.

But I fear it's inevitable. A few seconds more and Angelos might get out of the trap, and the butcher bill for us would have been much higher. The Sabbat is distracted by Donnie's final battle, see. Like Dubrik said "a knight for a king".

Our plan work perfectly but require us much sacrifice : Karthik as a source, Donnie as a potential ally, one muscle of Eddie's. Camarilla win this day but our resources depleted about a fourth.

As for Wilkinson, my gut is torn. On the one hand, she's here in London to hunt something for Dubrik. Her business with us is purely cover and incidental. From her history I think even her 'supposedly' ex-master of her is just a patsy, another handy cover. So give her back might just mean give Dubrik some info.

On another hand I dont think we can get that info out of her, assuming Sommers has the guts and expertise to do some necessary torture. I just dont think Sommers as a sadist. So trade her back to Dubrik has the certain charm of easy payment upfront. Her use is nearly end, anyway. And her unlife among Sabbat is not easy, what with her being a conduit to false data leading to the final death of a Scupltor.

But thinking deeper, it's highly possible Dubrik is finding something that the Kueijin interested and imported that monster for precisely that. Still, we have no clue about them and gallivanting in that area without more firepower is suicidal.

Without more convincing, I think trade her back is for the best.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Erebus

Arcane
Alas, poor Donnie ! I guess he was a bit too much of a Malkavian to survive this.

Anyway, I vote A - Killing Wilkinson won't bring us anything.

But it's very interesting that he'd insist on her being returned to him unharmed. Since we don't have to send her back before next week, we should take the time to question her. No need to harm her : Dominate and Presence (as well as someone else's Auspex) could bring us a lot of info. Obviously, if we discover that letting her go might be really dangerous, we might have to reconsider that decision.

On a different subject, once we've dealt with the urgent stuff (such as telling the Camarilla we're still aliv... er, undead, explaining our own brilliance to everyone, keeping the Sheriff informed, etc.), I think we should start working on regaining our independence from Eames. Leaving town to investigate might work.

laclongquan

Arcane
Hell no. This is no time to leaving town.

We need to reconsolidate our turf. After victory we need to consolidate our forces and open up new contacts. we use up quite a lot (Karthik, Oscar, Eames, Donnie) and nothing like public admiration to make up new friends.

Target:

1. Deepen relationship with Erika.

2. Turcov. The good baron did have a conversation with Donnie in the raid night, so it's a lead for us to talk about.

3. Terrance. The poor dear must be running scared over these nights. Time to dig info out of him.

4. Reacquaintance with Anarch, specifically the Malkavian seeress stayed with the leader Big Bob Gridle.

5. Open up relation with the Nosferatus. They are up to their neck in this mire and we want their cooperation, and Oscar's service back. If they are friends with us then what's a little spying between friends, right?

Lots of work to be done and no time to gallivanting outside of London.

Sergiu64

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Ummm, A

She's useless, and for all we know Sabbat will just use her as a scapegoat and kill her anyway. Best not to stir up more sh** for a while as well.

Kz3r0

Arcane
Erebus said:
Alas, poor Donnie ! I guess he was a bit too much of a Malkavian to survive this..
:salute:

Erebus said:
Anyway, I vote A - Killing Wilkinson won't bring us anything..
This.
Erebus said:
But it's very interesting that he'd insist on her being returned to him unharmed. Since we don't have to send her back before next week, we should take the time to question her. No need to harm her : Dominate and Presence (as well as someone else's Auspex) could bring us a lot of info. Obviously, if we discover that letting her go might be really dangerous, we might have to reconsider that decision..
And this.

Esquilax

Arcane
:salute: to Donnie.

Good to see Dubrik isn't taking any of this shit personally; I even detect a grudging respect for Anthony. I wonder what had Angelos so spooked that he was willing to leave himself open to a Camarilla attack and place most of his forces out in the tunnels rather than close to the surface. He certainly had a lot of knowledge of the goings-on around London and beyond that we've barely begun to scratch the surface of.

It's probably safe to say that we've made as much use of Wilkinson as we're ever going to, so I see no problem with handing her over to Dubrik in exchange for some juicy info. Also, it's important to know when to stop once you've achieved victory - we've accomplished our mission, there's no need to provoke the Bishop. I'd rather have a clever opponent like him turning a blind eye to us than actively moving against us. We're pissing off enough of the Sabbat as it is, I'd rather not have every single one of them on our ass.

While I like Erebus' suggestion for interrogating Wilkinson, let's keep it mundane and discipline-free if we choose to do it at all. If we've used Presence/Dominate, then Dubrik will know something is up when she gets back, and then he might not honor our deal. Far better to keep things clean. What Dubrik has to offer will likely be far better than what she does, so I'd prefer sending her off sooner rather than later so that we can make use of the Bishop's info. Let's keep this deal honest, especially now that Dubrik knows about all the tricks up our sleeve. We aren't going to fool him, he's older and more cautious than Angelos was.

So, A) Accept Dubrik's Offer

@ laclongquan: I'm quite certain Kirkbeck is a Ventrue, not a Malkavian. When Eames mentioned the whole "Malkavian disease" bit, I took it to mean that we would insinuate that some Malkavian inflicted a derangement on him, causing the erratic behavior we've been seeing.

While we ended up losing Karthik and Donnie to take out Angelos, we gained high standing in the Camarilla, some measure of fame, a stronger relationship with the Sheriff, and a possible Barony. We'll find lots of talented people ready to work for us.

Kashmir Slippers

Magister
I never really felt that much of an attachment to Donnie, but the way that you wrote his demise was really tear-jerking.

:salute:

I vote A. She is of absolutely no use to us as she is. We might as well try to get some benefit out of her.

I have a conditional of changing to B if our releasing her would be seen as traitorous by the Prince and Barons. We need to keep them thinking we are subservient.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom