Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's Play VtM: Night Empire

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
backing a Tremere for Prince is more of a longshot than a Gangrel. Jesus, it's like campaigning for a Muslim congressman in 2002.

I am not so sure about that. The list of candidates specifically states that Vogler is seen as a very unlikely candidate, whereas Brother David seems to be the most likely winner. Vogler has the Venice connection, but that is pretty much it.

I quote:

Wilhelm Vogler
Prince of Swansea, Gangrel. Bit of a clever social climber, likes to use his clan to indicate he's straight-talking and honest, talks a lot about reintroducing his peers back into the Camarilla. Embarrassed himself a little back in his homeland when he was young, nasty business, but nothing so damning as to kill his chances. Has someone's ear in Venice, otherwise I'd say his kind doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell of getting close.

Brother David
Used to be a monk, if you'll believe it; now Regent of the Bristol chantry and a powerful influence in the Pyramid, a lobbyist for Tremere influence across the country. Vienna may push for a Tremere prince to 1) investigate the Greenwich goings-on personally 2) ensure that there are no further reprisals. David seems the likeliest candidate.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Vienna may push for a Tremere prince to 1) investigate the Greenwich goings-on personally 2) ensure that there are no further reprisals. David seems the likeliest candidate.

Esquilax

Arcane
I took that to mean "the likeliest candidate to be picked by the Tremere", not "favourite to win the race". The favourite is Julian Fox, according to what Costello wrote. There is no way that a Tremere is the most likely person to become Prince given the current climate - hell, look at the very first update.

grotsnik

Arcane
Chapter 4 - Election Fever

“It’s very beautiful,” Vogler says.

He rests his glass of vitae - bishop’s blood, of an apparently magnificent quality, which he’s predictably failed to acknowledge - on the balcony and gazes out across the darkness of the Heath.

“800 acres,” you tell him. “The closest you’ll get to true wilderness without heading out to Richmond or Wimbledon. Of course, there’s not much for your clanmates to feed on down there these days, other than cottagers-”

“I can see why they chose it,” Vogler murmurs. A thought seems to strike him. “I don’t suppose the Knightsbridge palace has a view to compare?”

“The old rookery tower is five storeys high; I believe it was once Mithras’ own chamber, actually. But no - it’s on flat ground, all the way to the river.”

“Pity. A Prince should be able to see what’s coming.”

“You’ll have Cliveden,” you remind him. “Grand views across the Thames valley. Old Gangrel territory.”

And, now that you’ve reminded him of what he stands to gain, it’s time to let him know where you stand.

“I can help you take all of this,” you say aloud. “I know I can. But I’ll need you on-side, Wilhelm - no holding back. I need to know of any youthful indiscretions, I need to know the name of your contact in Venice; everything that might help or hinder us.”

Vogler does not show irritation at the familiar use of his first name; he does, however, flinch at the mention of indiscretions.

“Your harpies are sharp,” he mutters, and pushes his sunglasses back to cover his eyes. You’ve noted that this movement seems to be his most common attempt to disguise agitation or unrest. “All right, Sommers. Cards on the table, and so on. Malmedy. You’ve heard of it?”

A memory stirs, at first vague, and then distinct; an old memory, belonging to an old Anthony Sommers; born-again, confused, still desperately hoping to retain a human identity, human relations, believing himself to be damned.

“A massacre in France,” you say, shortly. “A few years after I was embraced. I remember.”
“Yes, you were around for that war, weren’t you?” Vogler says, coolly. “Strange that we should have been on opposite sides, in a roundabout sort of way, but then I suppose we were both very different people, back then. I was there to watch, however, not to take part. Unfortunately, fires were lit, and...well, things got a little out of hand. A considerable number of Kine died. I ran, into the mountains.”

He taps lightly at the side of his head, at eye-level.
“And so one question leads on to another,” he concludes, “because it was my friend in Venice who led me back from the brink. Caine knows he didn’t have to. How much do you know of the Inner Circle, Anthony?”

“Almost nothing,” you admit, after a moment.

“Me neither,” Vogler says, “and I’m rather glad, because what little I hear scares the hell out of me. My friend is called Salomon, and he is an Archon; a Gangrel, like me - he served under the warlord Karsh once, and now he serves under Madame Guil, whom I pray neither of us will ever have to meet. There are so few of our clan remaining in Venice...and so we pull together, because we must. He’s braver than I am, I know that much. He does his best for me, putting my name forward whenever he can without appearing too enthusiastic. I’m sure he’d be willing to speak of you, too - if attention from Venice is something that thrills rather than frightens you.”

You drum your fingers across the balcony’s edge.

“And that’s it?” you ask. “Your youthful mishap...that’s all there was to it, a few long-dead Kine in the middle of a war? Nothing else that could be used against you?”

He raises a hand, as if to make a vow.

“Scout’s honour,” he tells you. “It’s as you said, Anthony; if we’re going to win, we have to be completely open and honest with each other.”

“The squad's doing well,” Fellowes tells you, his voice crackling a little. “Too well, in fact, if you ask me - they’re starting to get restless. We got them all excited about fighting, and now we’re keeping them locked in a hangar doing target practice and running around the obstacle course throwing flash grenades at each other. They’re feeling the ennui - in a brutish sort of way.”

He sounds bored himself.

“Keep them occupied,” you say. “I don’t intend to waste our most valuable asset by bringing them out too soon, Edgar. They have to be prepared, one hundred percent, or not at all.”
“The Sabbat crossed the river last week,” he complains. “Went for a warehouse in Shadwell. They’re saying Jonathan Ketch was with them, and that old bastard hasn’t been seen outside Amen Court in twenty years. Something’s got them fired up, Patrician - they need to be cut back down to size before they get a momentum going.”

You lean back in your chair, working your ball-point pen between your fingers.

“It’s not that simple,” you admit. “I’ve found a candidate, Edgar - a uniting influence, a Kindred with Venetian connections, and if I can help him become Prince, I want to. But that means we need to be very careful with our resources. Wistman needs to strike hard and make a serious impact, because with everything that’s going on in London right now, it might not have a second chance.”

A moment of silence, before Fellowes laughs.
“You fucking Ventrue,” he says, and you’re not certain whether it’s with admiration or pity. “Scheming’s an addiction for you lot, isn’t it? I wanted to tell you earlier, Patrician - Turcov’s been trying to recruit me. Called me twice last month. Said Gordon Wyther was Scourge material, as it turned out, rather than Sheriff material, and if I played my cards right, in a decade or two, maybe I’d be asked to step up in his place.”

The pen cracks, just a little, beneath your grip.
“And?” you ask.
“I told him I’d think about it, of course. It was obvious what he was trying to do. He’s hoping to isolate you, take as much away from you as he can without appearing openly hostile in front of the others. I’ll pretend to go along with it, if you like. Anyway, I thought you should let you know.”

“Maybe you should consider more carefully,” you reply, relaxing a little. “After all, I hear he treats Toreador rather well. Maybe he’ll even let you read some of your poetry to him.”
“It’s certainly tempting. I wonder if Erika wrote poetry. Somehow I suspect it would have been rather earthy. Ah, well.”
“Good to talk to you, Edgar. And don’t worry - I’ll keep an eye on Sabbat movements. If they come within an inch of the National Gallery-”
“-Oh, piss off, Patrician. And send us down some more whores and vitae. Too long without either and the bastards begin to think for themselves again.”

Fear. You’ve seen it before, in the eyes of individual barons, a shift in their step, a nervous smile, but now it permeates the entire Long Room; each Kindred stands in their own space, silent, refusing to meet the eyes of their peers. Turcov waits alone by the fireplace. Sorley takes his seat early and busies himself with his smartphone, his long-nailed fingers clacking away at a lightning pace. Even little Aldous Fesk is not immune to the atmosphere; uncharacteristically energetic, he scurries back and forth across the room, from corner to corner, unceasing.

You take a seat by the window, enjoying the barons’ fear, and trying to conceal your own. It is not long before Turcov, glancing at his watch, says aloud in a sombre voice that snaps the eerie silence,
“Almost midnight. Take your places.”

And, as everyone settles into their seats - you resting a hand almost lovingly upon the chair that belongs to the Baron of Whitehall - the knock comes, loud enough to make old Earl Godrick flinch, upon the outdoor doors.

“Who comes without?” Turcov calls.
Somewhat muffled, the lisping voice of Gordon Wyther responds,
“The night is upon you.”
“We surrender ourselves to the night.”

The doors swing inwards. Wyther, clad in black robes that cling to his lanky form, takes three steps forward, four to the right, and announces,
“Archon Alfonso Iacomo begs permission to enter the kingdom of mysteries.”
“Permission is freely given,” says Turcov.

Iacomo steps out of the darkness. He looks old; one of those faces that was always old, a kind of Mediterranean craggy visage carved out of glinting black rock. You’d guess that he was Ventrue, though his skin is so dark and his eyes so cold that you could be forgiven for mistaking him for a Lasombra. He wears a simple grey suit partially hidden beneath a thick cashmere coat, and walks straight to the barons’ table, without looking up. At the Prince’s chair, he halts.

“It is an insult to your customs,” he says, in a gentle, accented whisper, “and to the memory of great Mithras who once took his place here, but I must beg a seat at your table.”
“You would honour us by doing so,” Turcov tells him. You can’t help but wonder when it was agreed that he should be the council’s spokesman.

Iacomo sits, with a gentle sigh, keeping his coat wrapped around him, and looks about, beaming, at the glum-faced barons. His gaze passes over you, in an instant.

“I believe we have some brothers and sisters of the Camarilla,” he says, “being entertained in one of the antechambers, who have already contacted me making it clear that they wish to be of service to London should the opportunity arise. I suggest that they join us, since what I have to say concerns them, too.”

Turcov nods, simply, to Wyther, who trots away back into the darkness of the palace corridors. He returns, after a few minutes of thoughtful silence, with a trail of Kindred following at his heels.

A few of the barons crane to look; not every face in the group corresponds to someone from Costello’s list, though you recognise Julian Fox, sharply-dressed and smiling, who catches Turcov’s eye and gives a little bow. Vogler stands, a little awkwardly, in the centre, pressing his sunglasses up against his face.

“Of course,” Iacomo murmurs, scanning the faces, “those who were required in their own cities could not be with us - oh, although I see the Prince of Swansea is here-”
Beside you, Digby Deeds sneers, his face buried in his hands.
“-but no Pell-Mell Queen? I had heard that she was in the city, and had an opinion on the matter of the succession.”
Turcov’s face, for a split second, is filled with panic.
“We, ah,” he stammers, quickly, “we haven’t heard from her.”
“She’ll want to make an entrance, I suppose,” Iacomo says. “Well, no doubt more will make themselves known over the coming weeks, but we’ll make do for now. Good evening to you all. No doubt you are all aware of my general purpose here and upon whose authority I speak, but perhaps you remain uncertain as to my specific duties. I have been instructed, over the next six months or so, firstly, to observe the state of London, and carry out changes to its ordinance if I see fit, secondly, to make certain for the benefit of my superiors that there will be no more...internal troubles of the kind that have plagued you in recent months, and thirdly, to advise Venice to the best of my ability the right candidate to take the place once held by Mithras, Lady Anne Bowesley, and, ah, Roger Kirkbeck.”

He smiles, broadly.
“Some of you are very old. Others,” and you try to meet his gaze with confidence, “less so, but in any case I take no pleasure in delivering a dressing-down to the barons of London, Kindred experienced and wise enough to have known better, as if they were schoolchildren. You failed to stamp out madness and rebellion in our midst, and now we are here, and there is no turning back. What I desire to see, more than apologies or recriminations, is evidence that you are once again in control, that you will obey your Prince, no matter who they might be, and that once again one of our most loyal cities can be trusted to keep itself in good order.”

Without warning, Iacomo stands. The barons quickly scramble to their feet, the chairs screeching back against the floor.

“Now,” he says, pleasantly, “I suggest we all of us share a glass of vitae together, chit-chat, and try to forget that, before I take my leave this beautiful city, each one of you will have attempted to betray your peers, lie, obfuscate, bluff and double-deal, in the hope of winning my favour. I look forward to getting to know you all.”

The car door slams. Vogler, beside you, looks tense; a fear of tight spaces, you think. Either that or it’s the muscular Brujah occupying the seat opposite him.
Iacomo folds his hands and beams at the pair of you.
“Well,” he says. “How do you think that went?”

The question seems to be addressed to Vogler, but for some reason, he merely gawps.
“If you were hoping to cow the barons,” you reply, quickly, in his place, “you certainly made a mark, my lord.”

“Indeed,” Iacomo says, suddenly looking a little bored, “indeed. Well, you asked for an audience, boys - even if I must say you went about it in a rather roundabout way. Speak up, please.”

Vogler seems to regain his confidence. Sitting upright, he announces,
“Sir, I...promised my associate, Baron Sommers, a private interview with you. I hardly expected you to respond, least of all so soon, but...you’ll have your fill of would-be Princes talking shit at you, if you’ll excuse the expression, and my hope was that Anthony would give you his own view of affairs in London, rather than lobbying on my behalf, so...if you’ll excuse me, I’ll fulfill my promise and leave him to speak with you alone.”

Iacomo nods; Vogler’s hand is snatching at the door before the car’s even come to a complete halt. He bows once, gratefully, and slams it again behind him.

“Typical Gangrel,” says Iacomo, waving at the driver to move on. “Happier chasing cars than sitting in them. Still, we’ve heard some decent things about him, and obviously with his clan’s exile there are many who’d like to see him do well, in one capacity or another. What do you think of London, young man?”

The question throws you off.
“I’m...sorry?”
“Come now - you’ve been plotting your way around here for the past fifty years or so, and recently it seems things have taken off. What have you learnt about the city?”

“Well,” you tell him, thinking quickly, “the most important thing I’ve learnt in my short time here? London is too vast and wilful to be controlled by a single Kindred. Mithras had Lady Anne. Kirkbeck fell because he no longer had powerful friends to help sustain him, and, over time, he became desperate. Lonely ambitions break like waves, Archon, on London's walls”

“Mm,” the Archon says, apparently neither agreeing nor disagreeing with you. “You will excuse me if I continue to speak abruptly, young man, because three of your colleagues already have lobbied to speak with me this evening, and I am already tired. You shall come away with as little as them, because I am nothing if not fair; a warning, and a prophecy.

"Cosy up to your choice of Prince as much as you desire, but look to yourselves first. The next time we gather at Knightsbridge, the barons of London will explain to me what they have done and what they continue to do to build Camarilla stability and strength in the city - why, if you like, they deserve to survive. One of you will have to be made an example of, to ensure the rest of you scheming fools get it into your heads that things have to change...and I daresay it’s no secret, young man, that many of your peers will cross their fingers and hope that it’s you.”

He drops you off outside the Houses of Parliament themselves, winding down his window to give them a quick glance and a husky murmur of,
“Glorious. Good night, young man - good night, good night."

How will you plan to counter the Archon’s warning?

A) My strength is, and always has been, Kine. I need to push my contacts amongst the politicians and the financial elite, make myself indispensable that way.

B) If I can build up an alliance with another baron, while proving myself useful in the process, I should. Maybe I should go to Biggs and suggest a foray into Giovanni territory...

C) Dubrik. I’ll give him Dubrik. Nobody else has got as close as me to the bastard.

D) Try and find out where Amen Court is. It’s a long shot, but presumably most of the other barons will be trying to make themselves useful by taking on the Sabbat - if we join forces, we’ll have a greater chance of success, which means they might even hesitate before stabbing me in the back.

E) All that matters is not being the weakest baron. Rather than desperately justifying my own existence, why don’t I just engineer it so someone else suffers a colossal failure in the next few weeks?

F) Ehhh...something else.

Kz3r0

Arcane
A) Iacomo has been clear, any more scheming and you are toast, we should play defense here and consolidate our position while look out for any unpleasant surprise, hopefully someone will lose its cool and doom themselves in the process.

Erebus

Arcane
I don't think Anthony would be a great scapegoat. Executing him isn't going to teach the other barons a lesson : they'll just scoff at the young upstart who thought he could be their equal and go back to scheming as usual. They won't really believe that the same could have happened to them.

That being said, I'm voting C, because survival is overrated.

laclongquan

Arcane
Glorious! Vogler is not as strong as I fear. Utterly glorious.

Anyway, damn? No option to contact heath's Gangrels first?

Then follow agreed schedule, Biggs is the next destination. Let's see what ties does he have with Kine world, and if we can snatch that from him.

ironyuri

Barring perhaps the very brief conversation between Tony and Iacomo, which I'd have liked a little more fleshed out- that was unequivocally, one of your best updates grotsnik. The little written section on entering into the mysteries, was brilliantly accomplished within your style.

As for a decision, I think it's time to:

A- Play it safe. Let's get a meeting organised with those kine bankers. If we have connections to banking, it might give us more ability to investigate the Giovanni, as well as financial power. Perhaps we might even be able to eventually restore the Mithraeum if we think the winds are blowing our way.

laclongquan

Arcane
Well, with a few more things fleshed out I dont protest the idea of Mithraeum as much as during the beginning. Nevertheless I want to bring up one point associated with that:

- restore the Mithraeum and all actions related to it is a political message aiming toward "Anthony will be the heir to Mithras' greatness".

Well. He's not that strong yet. So this aspect of action is a bit long term. I dont mind long term but I think to put it on the table.

Hellraiser

Arcane
Turcov knows something about the Pell-mell queen that he does not want to share. For a brief moment he panicked. Either she did something ostentatiously Malkavian which might undermine his authority by proxy, or the Sabbath/Anarchs/Giovanni/Kueijin/Hunters/Mossad is/are behind this. Do we have anyone who could dig up what he is hiding? For the good of the local Camarrila of course. If there is a juicy crisis he does not want to reveal, especially one which would be his fault, Sommers may avoid becoming the obvious scapegoat.

Gondolin

Arcane
I'm thinking of meeting the bankers as well, although I'm not exactly sure if we can get something big from them within six months. Getting Dubrik is an interesting idea, but the Sabbat is probably the first target for every baron trying to show off.

Gondolin

Arcane
Turcov knows something about the Pell-mell queen that he does not want to share. For a brief moment he panicked. Either she did something ostentatiously Malkavian which might undermine his authority by proxy, or the Sabbath/Anarchs/Giovanni/Kueijin/Hunters/Mossad is/are behind this. Do we have anyone who could dig up what he is hiding? For the good of the local Camarrila of course. If there is a juicy crisis he does not want to reveal, especially one which would be his fault, Sommers may avoid becoming the obvious scapegoat.

This. However, we've been told that rocking the boat is out of the question. Hopefully, we can get some dirt on Turcov.

ironyuri

I'm thinking of meeting the bankers as well, although I'm not exactly sure if we can get something big from them within six months. Getting Dubrik is an interesting idea, but the Sabbat is probably the first target for every baron trying to show off.

Remember, the Envoy doesn't want show-offs- he wants consolidation and rebuilding.

As for Dubrik, at best we had a phone number to reach him that has now probably changed. We have nothing whatsoever to give the Envoy on Dubrik, and nothing that will lead to his death/capture. At best Sommers would be embarassed. At worst, his negotiations with Dubrik would come to light and he'll be blamed.

Gondolin

Arcane
Well, the obvious choices are:

1 - Strike at the Sabbat.
2 - Help bring the Gangrel back.
3 - Meet the bankers and make yourself useful to the Camarilla.

Hellraiser

Arcane
This. However, we've been told that rocking the boat is out of the question. Hopefully, we can get some dirt on Turcov.

Exactly, but if we say, stumble upon information that would damn Turcov, then using it wouldn't be typical Ventrue backstabbing scheming but "acting in the good of the Camarilla". That just happens to benefit us of course. As long as Anthony does not make the situation worse for himself, by adding oil to the proverbial fire under Turcov's feet, Iacomo won't be pissed off.

Esquilax

Arcane
First of all, the Sabbat hunting options should be ruled out. We stick to what we've been doing - we'll let the Sabbat run amok until it becomes politically advantageous to go after them. Second: I propose that if Operation Wistman turns out to be a great success, we let Vogler take the credit. If we can pass the team off as his, it would be ideal.

Hellraiser as far as digging up dirt on Turcov, well, we have Eddie, don't we?

“I told him I’d think about it, of course. It was obvious what he was trying to do. He’s hoping to isolate you, take as much away from you as he can without appearing openly hostile in front of the others. I’ll pretend to go along with it, if you like. Anyway, I thought you should let you know.”

Fuck, what a rare find a guy like Eddie is - the guy is just as capable at subterfuge as he is at shooting motherfuckers in the head. The question we need to ask ourselves is: do we trust him? And, if we do trust him, are we sure that Eddie can gain Turcov's trust and determine what he's up to? Why did a brief mention of the Pell-Mell Queen spook him? The last thing I want is Eddie getting Dominated and spilling the beans on Operation Wistman. The weaker that Turcov thinks we are, the better - Turcov gave us our temporary Barony, so I think he'll be willing to believe that our right-hand man will want to be the one to get off a sinking ship. For once our shitty reputation will work in our favour.

The problem is this: who is going to babysit our ghoul squad while Eddie is gone? I don't them running around and drawing attention to ourselves. Any ideas?

Another thing:

“Typical Gangrel,” says Iacomo, waving at the driver to move on. “Happier chasing cars than sitting in them. Still, we’ve heard some decent things about him, and obviously with his clan’s exile there are many who’d like to see him do well, in one capacity or another. What do you think of London, young man?”

I believe that Vogler is playing dumb. If he appears too strong in front of Iacomo, he'll start thinking "Who the fuck does this mangy Gangrel think he is, playing at Prince?"

Anyways, for now I support A). If we discover some dirt on Turcov that would make the Pell-Mell Queen a very promising candidate, financial backing from the bankers would make rebuilding the mithraeum a great idea. It would be a great excuse to hold an ostentatious ceremony where she communes with 'Mithras' to beseech him for his aid in becoming Prince. Could work as an awesome PR tool and we would have an excuse to throw a fancy party without looking like a tasteless fool.

Secondly, connections in the world of banking and finance would probably make it significantly easier to ally with Frank Biggs. With a few politicians and bankers in our pocket (and maybe a few sources on the Giovanni in his area), we could do a lot to aid Biggs' unsuccessful attempts to influence Kine union leaders. In return, he can throw some support and resources at our candidate. But to do that we'd probably need to approach the bankers first.

Kz3r0

Arcane
First of all, the Sabbat hunting options should be ruled out. We stick to what we've been doing - we'll let the Sabbat run amok until it becomes politically advantageous to go after them. Second: I propose that if Operation Wistman turns out to be a great success, we let Vogler take the credit. If we can pass the team off as his, it would be ideal.
This.

Fuck, what a rare find a guy like Eddie is - the guy is just as capable at subterfuge as he is at shooting motherfuckers in the head. The question we need to ask ourselves is: do we trust him? And, if we do trust him, are we sure that Eddie can gain Turcov's trust and determine what he's up to? Why did a brief mention of the Pell-Mell Queen spook him? The last thing I want is Eddie getting Dominated and spilling the beans on Operation Wistman.
How good is Eddie at resisting dominate?

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Vogler is lying his pointy teeth off.

Guess the cannibalism option is off the table.

Survival is boring. Go full retard - C

Hellraiser

Arcane
The problem with Eddie acting as a mole, is as mentioned, Turcov being the fucking Ventrue primogen capable of mind-raping our bro. Still he called him twice in the last month to try to recruit him. I have a feeling he needs him for the shit he is in.

Here is an idea, if we have a trustworthy bro to babysit the ghoul squad, we should send Eddie to spy on Turcov, but move the squad to a new secure location that Eddie does not know of. Obviously if the tasteful mind-rape happens Turcov will know of the squad, oh and that we kind of sent Eddie to spy on him. But it will not fully compromise the operation.

Due to the fact that while this is an opportunity, it can also screw Anthony over in seven different way, we should look for a less obvious choice of gathering information on the Turcov-Queen link. Unless we are absolutely sure Eddie won't get dominated successfully, we shouldn't send him.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
It's the same scheme we already pulled on Angelos and those vamps are no dummies. It won't work. Likely a trap, where a dominated Fellowes does something stupid and immediately lethal and we are left holding the poopoo.

But we can work with that of course - you'd have to probably sacrifice Fellowes, but codexers aren't really bros.

laclongquan

Arcane
Chaps, chaps! Eddie and his squad is our reserve. One does not commit reserve until the pivotal moment of the battle. Send him away from his squad and both their usefulness cut in half. And we are not even talking about Eddie get dominated yet.

No no, use him to keep an eye on the squad still, because I have a feeling we may need that force of arms soon.

Back to Biggs, man got trouble with Giovanni, and his area is pretty rough. When we go meet him, Eddie being ready to move will be reassuring and conducive to rat diplomacy.

Running Fox

Educated
Queued
Beautiful!

why, if you like, they deserve to survive. One of you will have to be made an example of
Bluff. As in surviving is not about life but position.

Voting
D) Try and find out where Amen Court is. It’s a long shot, but presumably most of the other barons will be trying to make themselves useful by taking on the Sabbat - if we join forces, we’ll have a greater chance of success, which means they might even hesitate before stabbing me in the back.

SerratedBiz

Arcane
The two options with predictably positive outcomes are A) and D).

In strengthening our relations with Kine we're tackling an aspect which has been overdue for some time. Lately we've felt a bit of pressure in terms of other options being more immediately important when compared to this one but we finally have an idea of what the playing field for the coming time will be. Barring some extremely unfortunate events our position as Baron is solid for the next six months and whatever we do during this time that doesn't affect us negatively will have a potential reward for later. If we're able to secure more resources and, better yet, find a way to incorporate other Kindred (Barons, especially) into our business model then that's the kind of web weaving that'll make us indispensable to the London Camarilla.

On the other hand we've got the direct route to victory, one that might be worth poring the next months over. Better still than showing we're strong enough to be needed is that we're strong enough to work as a team. Cooperation is one thing Kindred are almost unanimously terrible at - what better way to show off our leadership abilities than through spearheading the efforts towards securing Camarilla position in the city? Fellowes has given us the news: Sabbat have already crossed the river and began raiding territory that would otherwise be under Camarilla protection, if it weren't for the clusterfuck we find ourselves in.

As always, it's a tough choice between one or the other. But it seems that D is an unpopular choice so, in that regard, I'll go for A.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom