Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Let's play Venus Hostage, a "mature" first-person adventure game of sorts.

Astral Rag

Arcane
This will be my first LP.

I just found this gem and it seemed like a great idea to share this immersive, tantalizing and possibly visceral tale with you.

Supposedly this game contains "mature scenes and nudity" but I will attempt to keep this SFW...

Here goes nothing:

Mature content and C&C.

2jecpaf.jpg

29wajqs.jpg

We find our hero Jack alone in his rundown apartment staring at an old nicotine stained monitor.

969me1.jpg

In some random chat room we meet a "mysterious lady".

w9itrm.jpg

And as it so often goes in these cases she immediately wants to make a rendez-vous.

29deqva.jpg

Jack old fashioned gentleman that he is asks to see some pictures first, wouldn't want to waste precious time meeting some ugly random person, besides the internet is filled to the brim with beautiful, willing ladies who happen to live around the corner.

nvcme9.jpg

But she insists and they agree to meet up somewhere (?)...

15en95.jpg

The camera sweeps across the scene and we finally get to see the player character.

2ynfr49.jpg

Meet Jack, generic young adult male protagonist.

rqvg1y.jpg

The camera flies by, rotates and moves to the back of Jack's head, we are literally becoming Jack now, exciting stuff.

2dihp9u.jpg

In line with the tradition set by the very best games we are required to go through a highly immersive tutorial.

Which is a good thing too because I would never have guessed this elaborate but brilliant control scheme by myself.

2i6cbh1.jpg

2irspj6.jpg

f0wait.jpg

Solving this clever physics puzzle opens up a new route.

6f5emu.jpg

I was beginning to wonder why I was being forced to take such an odd route but of course in a game of this calibre you just know something awesome is waiting around every corner/ corridor.

bf2ikj.jpg

What's that I spy below...

2wqrccx.jpg

That's right the game rewards us for our persistence with an awesome collectible of a scantily dressed yet very tasteful tasty vixen.

15hn975.jpg

Onward we go on our great quest of finding perfect love.

These nearly photorealistic graphics are pushing my top of the line hardware to its limits.

2ir86d0.jpg

Could that be the foreboding alley our mystery date chose as a good spot to meet a perfect stranger?

11gn9me.jpg

Apparently it is but our date is nowhere to be seen, we also learn that Jack talks to himself like most normal people tend to do when they walk down the street.

256vifb.jpg

Will Jack meet his soulmate or will he simply have ungodly casual sex with a stranger again?

Maybe he will we get brutally robbed and left for dead in some disgusting gutter?

Will she (?) simply stand him up, leading kind Jack straight back into the inviting embrace of drugs, alcohol, anxiety and depression?

Will we find more arousing collectibles?

Tune in next time as we seek answers to these intriguing questions and more.

---

Astral Rag

Arcane
Who's that walking through the bloom? Could it be our mysterious date?

1oopkj.jpg

Yes it's her, we learn her name and can finally be sure "mysterious lady" is actually a lady...or can we?

24xnh1e.jpg

We learn that Jack is a master of coquetry.

2prbm2h.jpg

Prudent Mila invites us over for a nice cup of hot coffee in her friend's apartment.

15gfke8.jpg

t6ayz9.jpg

There is something odd about Mila but I can't quite put my finger on it...

10zv97d.jpg

Anyway we follow her as she walks the desolate streets of City 17.

28ji0y9.jpg

And through up the stairs.

vgk8bq.jpg

nice-beaver.gif

She attempts to unlock the door but fails miserably.

213mdfc.jpg

2vv263n.jpg

Fortunately our hero is of the male persuasion and we all know males have innate lock picking abilities.

Jack opens the door effortlessly.

ejwps7.jpg

The game assumes control when we enter this nightmarishly claustrophobic cosy apartment.

2hn25q8.jpg

The camera seems to have a peculiar interest in certain anatomical features.

2ih0b6a.jpg

33vj4g2.jpg

Is she about to ask how we like our coffee? Is she the one? Did we just discover the mythical Love Eternal, Amor Aeternus?

Why is she wearing stickers on her pants? Find out next time.

2znu82t.jpg

Norfleet

Is the one in the photo wearing two bikinis at the same time? Is this some new fashion statement I'm not familiar with?

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
969me1.jpg

Samsung 3Ne detected. Repaired many of them back in the times.
w9itrm.jpg

Pincushion distortion detected. Just fix it, faggot.

TOME

Cuckmaster General
I watched a video LP of this game and it seemed pretty good. Although the player was some retard and got stuck every once in a while. Please do continue this.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Damn you [tag]Astral Rag[/tag] ! Come back and finish this !

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom