Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's Play Skyrim

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Brother None said:
I really dislike the Brotherhood questline.

The key plotpoints mostly happen outside of your control and without you present. And what about the Silver Hand? It's established a ton of werewolves go feral? How are they the bad guys? Why is this never explored?
(not very spoilerific but the kind of smug "I've played the game!" stuff you see in LPs too often so I put it in tags)

Sir, it's called the Companions. :lol:

RK47

Patron
00.jpg

01.jpg

shep.jpg
Aela...is that?
02.jpg

aela.jpg
The bastards...somehow they managed to kill Skjor.

LP Comment: Strangely, aside from Farkas, we will NEVER get the chance to witness another Companion transforming into a werewolf.

shep.jpg
I'm sorry.
aela.jpg
He was one of the strongest we had, but numbers can overwhelm. He should not have come without a Shield-Brother.
shep.jpg
Shouldn't we take him back to the Jorvasskr?
aela.jpg
No. Get out of here, I'm going to make sure we got the last of them, and see if there's any information to be gotten from the body.
shep.jpg
But I can still help...
aela.jpg
Yes, you have another work to do. The Silver Hand will tremble at your sight.

Shepard understood completely. His expression hardens as he awaits his next assignment.

shep.jpg
What's my target?
aela.jpg
I've been hearing rumors of Silver Hand activity. A group of them, holed up in Eastmarch. Here. *She marks a place on Shepard's map.* Kill them all, but above all, make sure you get their leader.
03.jpg

shep.jpg
I'll make them pay.

Donning his armor, Shepard ascends from the fortress, ready to brave the challenge ahead of him.
04.jpg

shep.jpg
Damn, Normandy's not with me. Where the fuck am I, anyway?
05.jpg

shep.jpg
A little south...is the place I have to be.
06.jpg

shep.jpg
Not so bad, let's get started.

Shepard takes a short rest before heading south. The sun rises as he begins his march.
07.jpg

shep.jpg
Hm? Who's there?
08.jpg

shep.jpg
Hello there, how can I help you, gentlemen?
09.jpg

shep.jpg
What?
thug.jpg
That's him alright. It's Shepard!
thug2.jpg
Get him!
10.jpg

shep.jpg
The fuck is this about?

Combat is unavoidable.
11.jpg

Shepard took some hard knocks, the three of them form a good unit. Shepard decides to retreat to the fortress.
12.jpg

thug.jpg
Nowhere to run, Shepard!
shep.jpg
You guys sure can keep up...heh...well...this is it...
13.jpg

shep.jpg
Boom.
14.jpg

thug2.jpg
What the-

A blast of energy flowed from Shepard's body...green, swirling light engulfed his surroundings, suddenly the dead Silver Hand soldiers rose back from the dead!
15.jpg

thug.jpg
Nobody said he's a necromancer?
thug2.jpg
Doesn't matter, get him!
16.jpg

With the raised dead's help, the fight gets easier.
17.jpg

18.jpg

shep.jpg
Shouldn't have taken the job, folks.
19.jpg

20.jpg

shep.jpg
That's it. Time to find out who hired these thugs. And why.
21.jpg

22.jpg

Shepard rubs his chin for a moment. Moira?

shep.jpg
Doesn't ring a bell. But calling me a thief? When was the last time I stole something?

Shepard thinks back....wayyyyy back.
23.jpg

shep.jpg
In-fucking-credible. Too bad I don't know where this Moira is, else I get to axe her some questions..
24.jpg

shep.jpg
Thanks a lot guys.

The undead grunted in reply.

shep.jpg
Bye.
25.jpg

26.jpg

Hours later...
27.jpg

shep.jpg
Damn, this is a long trip. I kinda miss Normandy already.

Carefully, Shepard descends the cliff and came across a small scenic lake.
28.jpg

shep.jpg
Looks like a shrine of some sort....

Walking closer, Shepard finds several war instruments on the altar, as well as a few pieces of steel armor.
29.jpg

shep.jpg
This is the shrine of Talos?

He bends over and picks up the Steel horned helmet.
30.jpg

shep.jpg
Ahem, I bet Talos won't mind if a warrior like me borrows his helmet.

Paying his respect at the Shrine, Shepard mutters a quiet prayer, thanking the deity for the helm.
31.jpg

shep.jpg
Don't worry, Mr. T. I'll kill those elves for you..then your worship won't be outlawed anymore.
32.jpg

shep.jpg
Shepard never breaks promises.

RK47 said:
-.- God damn! One Hand - eh? I might work on those later, then. Thanks for the tip, bro!
Hmm, I might've spoken too soon. Judging by this page, one-handed does affect it: http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Werewolf#Skyrim
But further investigation revealed this bit on the topic: http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim_talk:We ... difiers.3F
Through about an hour of research and testing, I have determined two things to be true. And one of the notes on the page to be false, specifically, the note that states that werewolf claw attacks are affected by one handed skill level and perks, including dual wielding. The two true things are werewolf armor rating IS affected by Light Armor skill level and the five ranks for the perk "Agile Defender". I have also determined the MAX attack and defense ratings werewolf. All of this I supply in a quote from a post I made in the Bethesda Skyrim forum earlier, complete with statistics and mathematical data, and steps to arrive at the same conclusions as I did.

RK47

Patron
Multiple Sarcasm said:
RK47 said:
-.- God damn! One Hand - eh? I might work on those later, then. Thanks for the tip, bro!
Hmm, I might've spoken too soon. Judging by this page, one-handed does affect it: http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Werewolf#Skyrim
But further investigation revealed this bit on the topic: http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim_talk:We ... difiers.3F
Through about an hour of research and testing, I have determined two things to be true. And one of the notes on the page to be false, specifically, the note that states that werewolf claw attacks are affected by one handed skill level and perks, including dual wielding. The two true things are werewolf armor rating IS affected by Light Armor skill level and the five ranks for the perk "Agile Defender". I have also determined the MAX attack and defense ratings werewolf. All of this I supply in a quote from a post I made in the Bethesda Skyrim forum earlier, complete with statistics and mathematical data, and steps to arrive at the same conclusions as I did.

They actually forgot one very important thing though: Werewolf combat never, ever raises your skills. Hence no level ups. If you actually go werewolf all the way - there would be no fucking way the mobs outscale the werewolf at level 10, from what I've seen anyway, since the knock around attacks and AoE fear is just broken.

RK47

Patron
00.jpg

silver.jpg
Brothers, as you may know, our battle against the were-beasts in Skyrim...has been facing...difficulties of late.
silver.jpg
You've asked for a full investigation, and I'm inclined to say, things don't look good.
01.jpg

silver.jpg
The Companions have been capable foes, but they've opened up their recruitment of late.
02.jpg

silver.jpg
Normally, I would dismiss those whelps as nothing more than fodders, but this latest...recruit...Shepard.
03.jpg

silver.jpg
He seems to have been inducted into their inner circle...within days.
04.jpg

silver.jpg
Remember the time when we used to wear down were-beasts? Even the experienced Skjor, fell to our combined efforts. But this one....
05.jpg

silver.jpg
Is different.
06.jpg

silver.jpg
I don't know what kind of training he's got, but he doesn't fight like a beast when transformed.
07.jpg

silver.jpg
Cunning, calculative. He knew to avoid the wrong moves to make.
08.jpg

silver.jpg
It's almost he retains his humanity while fighting in the beast form!
09.jpg

silver.jpg
We have a real reason to be worried, he's now after our blood after we've killed Skjor, one of his Companions friends.
10.jpg

11.jpg

silver.jpg
We need to act fast...if we want to survive this onslaught.
12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

silver.jpg
Scouts have lost contact with our secret hide out in the Lost Knife caves. Their last message was a lone adventurer assaulted their lair.
18.jpg

silver.jpg
We know better.
19.jpg

silver.jpg
It was Shepard.
20.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

silver.jpg
Later scouts would find bodies torn apart within.
23.jpg

24.jpg

silver.jpg
Not even the leader of our hideout survived.
25.jpg

26.jpg

silver.jpg
His insatiable appetite for blood may prove to be his undoing, ...if only the foolish renegade mages in the fort next door are more capable! *Slams the table.*
27.jpg

28.jpg

29.jpg

30.jpg

31.jpg

32.jpg

silver.jpg
If we don't act quickly, the Silver Hand will be no more!
33.jpg

shep.jpg
Looks like the last of them...time for a well deserved meal...and some rest.
34.jpg

Licking the stew off his spoon, Shepard comes across an interesting book in the once-fortress of the renegade matches.
35.jpg

shep.jpg
...Hmmm.
36.jpg

Julianos. These gods were, and are, worshipped throughout the Empire. And while some may have different names in the varying provinces (for example, Akatosh is known as "Auri-El" to the Aldmer; and Arkay is sometimes known as "Ar'Kay"), all are recognized and revered by all races and cultures of Tamriel.

But when Tiber Septim passed to Aetherius, there came to be a Ninth Divine - Talos, also called Ysmir, the "Dragon of the North." The man who was so loved in life became worshipped in death. Indeed, it can be argued that Talos, the Ninth Divine, became even more important than the Eight that had preceded him, at least to humans. For he was a god who was once just a man, and through great deeds actually managed to ascend to godhood. And if one human could achieve such a feat - couldn't it be done again? Couldn't all humans aspire to achieve divinity?

So we thought, we humans. And so we continued to worship Talos, and revere him as the ultimate hero-god. But that was then. This is now. And now, we know the truth:

We were wrong.

As citizens of the Empire, we all experienced the horrors of the Great War. And it was not until the signing of the White-Gold Concordat, the treaty between the Empire and the Aldmeri Dominion, that we once again knew peace. One of the most important stipulations of that treaty, as every Imperial citizen is well aware, is that Talos can no longer be worshipped as a god. This edict shook the very foundations of the Empire. There were those who rebelled against the law. Indeed, some still do.

But the citizens of the Empire must know this: the Emperor did not agree to outlaw the worship of Talos because it was demanded by the Thalmor, the ruling body of the Aldmeri Dominion.

The Emperor agreed to the outlaw of the worship of Talos because it was the right thing to do.

Today, the Emperor, and indeed the Empire itself, recognizes that allowing the worship of Talos was a mistake. For by doing so, by allowing the worship of Talos as a Divine, the Empire actually did its people a great disservice: for this only succeeded in weakening the memory of the man Tiber Septim and his many

37.jpg

shep.jpg
Horse-shit.

Shepard tosses the book into the fireplace...and closed his eyes.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Giants hit hard, eh?

Why did you pick axes, though? Aren't warhammers best choice for the perk that ignores 50% armour?

RK47

Patron
I can always just spend a perk on warhammer later on - it's pretty cheap IMO. It's kinda slow too, I find the timing quite hard to get used to.

Krraloth

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2
I don;t know the actual level of writing or the story in the game, but the way you are putting the things togheter makes me want to play it, probably I would end up disappointed because the LARPing factor you put into the LP is very powerful.

Keep feeding us!

:love:

Codexlurker

Savant
Wow, I've never thought I'll see so much awesomeness in a Redguard(I always ignored them and played Dark Elves). :salute:

Fuck yeah, RK, found an unarmed scaling mod. You should pick it up and go on an EXTREME collar-grabbin' spree. Shepard earns for it, I can see it in his eyes. :salute:
Bethesda was even nice enough to include unarmed collar-grabbing finishers in the game, too, in anticipation of this LP.

Majestic47

Learned
Multiple Sarcasm said:
Fuck yeah, RK, found an unarmed scaling mod. You should pick it up and go on an EXTREME collar-grabbin' spree. Shepard earns for it, I can see it in his eyes. :salute:
Bethesda was even nice enough to include unarmed collar-grabbing finishers in the game, too, in anticipation of this LP.

:thumbsup: :bro:

RK47

Patron
00.jpg

Shepard leaves the fort after a short rest and comes across a lone traveller.

shep.jpg
Hail.
01.jpg

shep.jpg
Your skin...Are you ill?
ill.jpg
I am one of the Afflicted. I'd have been dead from this plague a year ago if not for Peryite's protection.
shep.jpg
So, where are you going now?
ill.jpg
Returning to High Rock. Our shepherd lost his way, and I fear Peryite's wrath may consume those who remain with him.
shep.jpg
What happened?
ill.jpg
Kesh could tell you more. I just want out of Skyrim as quickly as possible. Here, I'll point out the shrine on your map if you want to find him.
shep.jpg
Safe travels, friend.

Shepard glances at the map and sighed.
02.jpg

shep.jpg
It's too far from here. I've got business to settle. I need to make my way back to Whiterun from here.

Shepard continues his journey on foot, following the road towards the city of Windhelm.
03.jpg

shep.jpg
Hey, what's...
04.jpg

shep.jpg
Oof...goddamn cat!
05.jpg

06.jpg

shep.jpg
Have a taste of this!
07.jpg

shep.jpg
Cold, huh?
08.jpg

The mighty beast fell back from the onslaught and went limp.
09.jpg

shep.jpg
Close one.

Finally, the walls of Windhelm greeted him
10.jpg

shep.jpg
If I remember correctly, this is where the Stormcloaks' stronghold is located, I better take a carriage to Whiterun quickly.
11.jpg

The carriage master chat with Shepard on the way back to Whiterun. Mostly about the discrimination in Windhelm. Outsiders are generally not welcomed. The Dark elves are forced to live in a slum called the Gray Quarter. The Argonians can't even live inside the walls. Upon arrival, Shepard paid the remaining half of the fare and bid the carriage master farewell. Sun's up, and Normandy awaits him.

12.jpg

shep.jpg
I miss you, girl.

Shepard rides into Whiterun. Stopping by the alchemist store on the way to Jorrvaskr.
13.jpg

shep.jpg
I'm looking for something special...deadly special.

Fortunately, the storekeeper has some in stock. Deathbells they call it. Any venom mixture needs Deathbell as its base to be potent enough.
14.jpg

Once grounded, it's only a matter of finding the matching component to brew the venom.
15.jpg

Shepard made enough for several doses and leaves the shop satisfied. Aela awaits him in the Jorrvaskr.
16.jpg

shep.jpg
Thanks. I took care of the Silver Hand you mentioned.
aela.jpg
Excellent. Looks like you've really driven them into hiding. Keep this up. We'll wipe them out, yet.
shep.jpg
What's the next target?
aela.jpg
Good that you're so eager. I've caught wind that one of the brighter Silver Hand has been sniffing around Winterhold.
shep.jpg
That's strange, Aela. The Companions only have one base of operations, here in Whiterun, what is there for them to sniff? Wolf's butt?

Aela ignored Shepard's query and continued with the briefing.
aela.jpg
Sneak into their camp, and steal their plans, then we'll have the advantage. Fort Fellhammer is south of Dawnstar, good luck.
shep.jpg
I don't like sneaking.

Aela shrugged and walked away.
shep.jpg
Guess that means she's fine with anything.
17.jpg

shep.jpg
Could use with some back up. Now that I'm a thane, might as well bring Lydia along.
18.jpg

shep.jpg
Follow me.
lydia.jpg
Yes, my Thane.
shep.jpg
Looks like you're properly outfitted, what about helmet?
lydia.jpg
I'm afraid I don't have any.
shep.jpg
That won't do, let's make you one.

Within minutes, Shepard hammers his newest creation into shape, Lydia takes it gratefully.
19.jpg

lydia.jpg
Thank you, milord.
shep.jpg
No big deal, come, we have to catch a carriage to Dawn Star.
20.jpg

21.jpg

The ride took half a day, it's night when they reached the remote village of Dawn Star. Shepard cursed when he realized the carriage trip is one way only.
22.jpg

shep.jpg
Too late for regrets, let's go!
23.jpg

Fort Fellhammer beckons. A one way entry - Shepard draws his axe.
24.jpg

A shoot out occurs just within the walls. Too bad the Silver Hand are equipped with fur while Shepard is in steel. They'll never beat him at range.
25.jpg

Three dead guards later, and the way within the fort is clear. To Shepard's disappointment, it's just a small fortress, it took him seconds to find the leader's office.
26.jpg

shep.jpg
Hey, so where's the location of the Halbech missiles?!

The Silver Hand leader rose from his seat to meet the challenge. Too late.
The poisoned arrow finds its mark, Shepard follows it up with his Cold Steel.
27.jpg

28.jpg

shep.jpg
Sorry about this.
29.jpg

The book in hand, Shepard leaves the fort behind.
shep.jpg
What's the closest major town from here? I need a carriage back to Whiterun.
lydia.jpg
That would be Solitude, far to the west.
30.jpg

shep.jpg
Anything special I should know?
lydia.jpg
It's the Imperial Legion's headquarters. General Tulius leads the garrison there.
shep.jpg
Excellent. Let's go.

And so the journey to the west begins...
31.jpg

A minor ambush dispatched.
32.jpg

33.jpg

And a hunt on the sides.
34.jpg

shep.jpg
The tusk's gotta be valuable, right?
lydia.jpg
Yes, my thane, but the giants usually protect their flock.
shep.jpg
I don't see any giant, open fire.
35.jpg

It was good practice. They feasted on the snout that night and carry the massive tusk in their pack.
36.jpg

Hours later, Solitude is in view.
37.jpg

38.jpg

lydia.jpg
We should find an inn.
shep.jpg
Not yet. Give me a moment.
lydia.jpg
As you wish.
39.jpg

Shepard drew a deep breath as he admires the view. Looks like the preparation has come to an end. It's time to carry out his original mission.
shep.jpg
Looks like it's time.

He rode into Solitude that night.

Wyrmlord

Arcane
Given that Redguards specialize in One Handed weapons, why did you choose Two Handed for him? Do you feel One Handed does not work well enough?

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Wyrmlord said:
Given that Redguards specialize in One Handed weapons, why did you choose Two Handed for him? Do you feel One Handed does not work well enough?

Two Handed is obviously much more Shepard.

RK47

Patron
Aside from taste, I guess the damage boost from the % bonuses are more massive when you wield two handers. I am aware of the Redguard starting point of +10 One hander , but the difference is so miniscule since they receive +5 bonus to Two Hander - a little bit negligible to be honest.

The only reason why you'd pick a race is probably due to looks or special ability - and I really think Redguard Adrenaline is shit while Poison resistance is negligible compared to Fire/Frost. Orc still has the best racial by far IMO. Ideally Redguards should move quicker than orcs, but since the 'setscale' bullshit was discovered (the taller you are, the faster and harder you move), Redguard is a VERY ordinary racial choice.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
I think generally speaking, Bretons have it best.

Orcs and High Elves have great bonuses and powers, but one is geared for melee and the other for magic. Bretons' bonus and power is suited for everything.

RK47

Patron
I disagree. Orcs ability as follows:

You take half damage and do double damage for 60 seconds, once per day.

Berserker Rage doubles base weapon damage and stacks multiplicatively with other damage enhancements.

Considering two handers does 50 damage at mid level. And noob enchantment gives 10 pts fire.

That's 120 dmg per swing. AND you resist half incoming damage, fire, frost, butthurt, whatever. That's insane.

Beth really fucked the balance due to no downside, I remember using it in Morrowind and got knocked down because my agility was zero while in Berserker Rage. In Skyrim, you're unstoppable.

Wyrmlord

Arcane
120 damage is nothing for higher level enemies. They can stomach it easily.

I had a Daedric Warhammer with 200 damage, no enchantments. It still only slowed down the most dangerous high level Draugr enemies only a little.

I also had a Daedric Armour with 650 Armor rating. That reduces all damage to one-tenth.

Obviously, being an Orc would double those benefits, but a persistent player with high level crafting could meet the specifications of an Orc of the same level but not high crafting. In the long run of the game, all benefits are marginal and all lost benefits can be compensated.

RK47

Patron
00.jpg

At night, the gates of Solitude is closely guarded, but still lets travellers pass through.

01.jpg

shep.jpg
Who's Roggvir?
guard.jpg
He's the sorry bastard who's going to be executed.
shep.jpg
For what crimes?
guard.jpg
He let Ulfric Stormcloak escape the city, after he killed the High King.
shep.jpg
I see.

02.jpg

shep.jpg
Looks like it's starting.
03.jpg

04.jpg

aldis.jpg
By opening that gate for Ulfric you betrayed the people of Solitude.

The bound man shouted back in his defence, explaining that Ulfric's merely beaten the High King in fair combat, according to the ancient custom of Skyrim, and all Nords. The angry crowd boos and screams for his execution.

shep.jpg
Challenging your king in personal combat is a fair practice? I mean, how can anyone rule like that? The moment someone steps in with a daedric daikatana, the course of the kingdom can change in a moment's thrust.

Lydia shrugged as the executioner's axe raised high above the prisoner's neck. The man prayed to Sovngarde as the axe landed.
05.jpg

shep.jpg
Rest in peace.

Tired, Shepard decides to book an inn. The Winking Skeever, they call it.
06.jpg

07.jpg

shep.jpg
Sure, tell me something I don't know.
08.jpg

shep.jpg
Really? I'm sure that's very interesting. Now, how about a room for one night?

Shepard pays the fee as he rose from his seat.

09.jpg

As he pass the main dining hall, the bard broke into a pro-Empire song.

We drink to our youth, to days come and gone
for the Age of Aggression is just about done
We'll drive out the Stormcloaks and restore what we own
With our blood and our steel we'll take back our home
Down with Ulfric, the killer of kings
On the day of your death we'll drink and we'll sing
We're the children of Skyrim, and we fight all our lives
And when Sovngarde beckons everyone of us dies

10.jpg

Shepard shakes his head in wonderment.

shep.jpg
You won't hear this kind of song in Windhelm's tavern...
lydia.jpg
They ...twisted the lyrics there. Something more pro-Stormcloak.
shep.jpg
Everyone could use a little inspiration before shedding blood, no?
11.jpg

shep.jpg
Thanks.

Shepard gets a good rest for the night and wake early the next morning, ready to sign up for the Empire.
12.jpg

While walking towards the Imperial Legion headquarters, Shepard spots a lone Argonian standing on a corner, trying to make a proposition to the passerbys.
13.jpg

14.jpg

shep.jpg
Nothing is easy, friend. But gold is always welcome.

The lizard nodded as he continues.

lizard.jpg
It's easy to find things to sell. Things nobody will miss. Things from underground, or just left lying around in someone's house.
shep.jpg
Sounds like stealing to me.
lizard.jpg
My sister Deeja and I are treasure hunters. We like to collect things.
shep.jpg
Sure you are, I'm not a thief.
lizard.jpg
Of course not! Thieves take what is precious. Thieves steal.
shep.jpg
And you collect?
lizard.jpg
We just take what will not be missed. What no one needs anymore. Maybe we take some weapons and stop a few deaths. Who would call that thievery?
shep.jpg
I'm listening...
lizard.jpg
I knew you looked like a clever one. With the war, many more ships come through these docks.
shep.jpg
Loaded with weapons and stuff, yeah. So?
lizard.jpg
With few people on board.
shep.jpg
And?
lizard.jpg
They pass through dangerous waters. We have an interest in one of those boats, the Icerunner.
shep.jpg
This is the part where you're going to collect things from the boat, right?
lizard.jpg
The Solitude Lighthouse will be guiding it in...but if its fire were to go out - the Icerunner would run aground.
shep.jpg
So let the Redguard put out the fire while the Lizards swim and collect the spilled shit?
lizard.jpg
What an interesting idea. I think if somoene were to do something like that, there would definitely be a certain amount of loot to be shared...
shep.jpg
Fuck you, lizard. I should kill you where you stand or turn you in to the guards...
lizard.jpg
Turn me in? For what? What crime's been committed? I'm just making idle talk about what would most undoubtedly be a tragic event..A tragic, and very, very profitable event.
shep.jpg
Keep talking and I'll turn your whole life into tragedy, shit-scale.
lydia.jpg
He's not worth it-
shep.jpg
Yeah. Why don't you find your butt-buddies from Black Marsh to help in this plan of yours, huh? I'm kinda busy doing shit that matters. Fuck off and don't wave your tongue in my face again unless you want your tail shoved down your windpipe.

Shepard ignored the Argonian's words and stepped into the alchemist shop.

16.jpg

shep.jpg
This shops looks complete. Let's deal.
17.jpg

shep.jpg
Actually, yes.
angel.jpg
Wonderful. I hadn't really hoped to run into someone who had been there.
shep.jpg
What is this about? You want something delivered? Your ex-husband beaten?
lydia.jpg
Shepard!
shep.jpg
Sorry, I'm a little high-strung by that Argonian...please continue, old lady.
angel.jpg
My daugther, Fura, was assigned to Whiterun after she joined the Imperial Army. I was hoping you might have met her.
shep.jpg
Doesn't really ring a bell.
lydia.jpg
I'm afraid I'm not familiar with Imperial soldiers in Whiterun.
angel.jpg
I haven't heard from her lately. I've tried talking to Captain Aldis but he hasn't been any help.
shep.jpg
I might not know her, but I can try speaking with Captain Aldis to try get more information.
angel.jpg
Oh, that's very sweet of you. Anything you can find out from Captain Aldis would be welcome news. Now, is there anything you wish to purchase?
shep.jpg
Deathbells. And other poisonous reagents you might have.

Satisfied with the poisons he brewed, stepped stepped into the Bits and Pieces, general store, where the storekeeper carried an enchanted ring said to improve his archery. The price is quite high, but ranged damage is a premium when dealing with future dragon attacks.
19.jpg

With that business settled, Shepard finally arrives on the front door of the Imperial HQ.
20.jpg

21.jpg

shep.jpg
Well, I was one of the dragonslayers in Whiterun.

The guard stared in disbelief as Shepard entered the castle.
22.jpg

shep.jpg
Hmmm. Akatosh banners. This is Empire's stronghold, alright.

Music: Heroes IV: Stronghold

Moving closer to the meeting room, Shepard can hear the conversation between General Tullius and a female Nord soldier.
23.jpg

rikke.jpg
That's not what my scouts report, sir. Every day more join his cause. Riften, Dawnstar, and Winterhold support him.
tullius.jpg
It's not a cause. It's a rebellion.
rikke.jpg
Call it whatever you like, General. The man's going to try to take Whiterun.
tullius.jpg
Jarl Balgruuf...
rikke.jpg
Balgruuf refused the Legion's right to garrison troops in his city. On the other hand, he also refuses to acknowledge Ulfric's claim.
24.jpg

Lydia raises her eyebrows, Shepard brings a finger to his lips to keep the silence.

rikke.jpg
General.
tullius.jpg
You people and your damn Jarls.
rikke.jpg
Sir? You can't force a Nord to accept help he hasn't asked for.
tullius.jpg
If Ulfric's making a move for Whiterun, then we need to be there to stop him.
shep.jpg
Looks like Whiterun's the next point of conflict.
tullius.jpg
Draft another letter with the usual platitudes, but this time share some of your intelligence regarding Ulfric's plans. Embellish if you have to.
lydia.jpg
Shepard, that's-
shep.jpg
Necessary. Keep quiet and listen.
tullius.jpg
We'll let it seem like it's his idea.

With a deep sigh, the general steps away from the table and concludes the meeting.

tullius.jpg
You Nords and your bloody sense of honor.
shep.jpg
All done? Great, I'm here to sign up.
25.jpg

shep.jpg
No, I'm not. I'm here to sign up with the Empire. General?
26.jpg

tullius.jpg
Do you have some reason to be here, citizen?
shep.jpg
I believe we've already met.
tullius.jpg
Have we?

The General squints his eye at Shepard, attempting to discern any familiar features. Finally, a look of recognition comes to his face.
tullius.jpg
Oh. Of course.
shep.jpg
Indeed.
tullius.jpg
You were at Helgen!
shep.jpg
In the flesh.
tullius.jpg
One of the prisoners, if I recall correctly.
shep.jpg
EX-prisoner. Hadvar said he'd vouch for me.
tullius.jpg
Hadvar's alive? I hope that's true. He's a damn good soldier. But he hasn't reported in yet, so he can't exactly confirm your story.
shep.jpg
Right. And I must be stupid if I walk in here just to be imprisoned again.
tullius.jpg
Hmmm. Why don't we wait till he returns? In the meantime, go have a chat with Legate Rikke.
shep.jpg
I'm not here to chat, General.
tullius.jpg
Yes, I suspect we might have use for someone resourceful like you. Not many survived Helgen. Besides, I'm sure your being imprisoned was all a terrible misunderstanding.
shep.jpg
Really? Step in my shoes in Helgen, General. And we'll talk about misunderstanding as I oversee your execution.

The general gave a short chuckle.

tullius.jpg
Speak with Legate Rikke, she'll determine if you're Legion material.
shep.jpg
Before I go, how's the war?
tullius.jpg
Well, controlling the Pale gives Ulfric a port town, and takes the pressure off Windhelm. But it's only a matter of time before it's back in our hands.
shep.jpg
What will it take to end it?
tullius.jpg
Ulfric's Stormcloak's head rolling away from his lifeless body.
shep.jpg
How long has the Legion been posted here?
tullius.jpg
We've always been here. Without us to keep order, the provinces would fall into barbarism and lawlessness. Especially Skyrim.
shep.jpg
I think you're exaggerating.
tullius.jpg
Am I? Well take for example Ulfric Stormcloak and his little 'rebellion.'
shep.jpg
Point taken.
tullius.jpg
Rest assured, his days are numbered.
shep.jpg
What about you, General? Have you always lived in Skyrim?
tullius.jpg
I'm originally from Cyrodiil, sent here at the request of the Emperor himself. I'm often ordered to places with problems that need fixing. Now, while I'm certain this is all terribly interesting to you, I have important matters to attend.
shep.jpg
Understood, sir.

Shepard salutes the General and walks towards the woman next to him.
27.jpg

shep.jpg
The General told me to speak with you.
rikke.jpg
I've got a good feeling about you. And I don't often get good feelings about anything. A warrior knows to her gut...
shep.jpg
So, I'm in?
rikke.jpg
Not yet. I'm not going to go through the normal process with you. I've got a little test lined up. Pass that, and we'll talk about you joining he Legion.
shep.jpg
Anything but punching women in the face is fine.
rikke.jpg
Is that confidence, or bravado? Confidence I can use. Bravado gets soldiers killed.
shep.jpg
I've survived a dragon attack, killed a fortress full of mages, and survived a tavern assault by a bitch in full steel plate armor...I can take on anything.
rikke.jpg
We'll soon find out. I'm sending you to clear out Fort Hraagstad. If you survive, you'll pass. If you die,-
shep.jpg
Then I eat dirt. I'm ready. Anything else I should know?
rikke.jpg
Most of the forts in the wild have fallen into disrepair, and nearly all have been overrun with bandits. We're going to install a garrison there, but first, you're going to clean out the bandits that have moved in.
shep.jpg
Consider it done.
rikke.jpg
Good, that's what I want to hear. Now make it happen, soldier.

Legate Rikke points at Shepard's map to indicate the fort's location.
28.jpg

Shepard sets off without delay.
29.jpg

30.jpg

shep.jpg
Time to kick ass. Stand back, Normandy.
31.jpg

shep.jpg
Not gonna waste any ti----RAAARRRRGHH!
32.jpg

bandit.jpg
The fuck was that? Sounds too loud to be a wolf? Guys, did you hear that?
33.jpg

The bandit landed with a thud on the center courtyard. Shepard's were-form landed on his still-warm body and gorged on it. The rest of the bandits
34.jpg

bandit.jpg
It's a werewolf, kill it! Kill it!
35.jpg

A piercing roar shook their very hearts and they fled in all directions!
36.jpg

Shepard rampage was unstoppable.
37.jpg

38.jpg

Brutally short, the fortress was cleansed of all life in matter of minutes. Only Shepard and Lydia stood in the courtyard when it was all over.
39.jpg

lydia.jpg
Shepard, that was -
shep.jpg
EXTREME?

Shepard grinned and puts on his steel armor as he casually walks back to Normandy.

shep.jpg
Job's done. Let's head back to Solitude.
40.jpg

A loud whoosh overhead interrupted the casual pace.
lydia.jpg
A dragon!
shep.jpg
Fuck.
41.jpg

shep.jpg
Knew it was too easy...

Shepard draws his bow as he dismounts from Normandy, hoping his steed doesn't get between the crossfire.

shep.jpg
Keep it distracted, I'm going to poison my arrow!
lydia.jpg
Alright!

Shepard tosses the empty vial aside as the arrow tip gets soaked by the venom. He notches the arrow and takes a deep breath.
42.jpg

shep.jpg
Time to bag another dragon.

RK47

Patron
Wyrmlord said:
120 damage is nothing for higher level enemies. They can stomach it easily.

I had a Daedric Warhammer with 200 damage, no enchantments. It still only slowed down the most dangerous high level Draugr enemies only a little.

I also had a Daedric Armour with 650 Armor rating. That reduces all damage to one-tenth.

Obviously, being an Orc would double those benefits, but a persistent player with high level crafting could meet the specifications of an Orc of the same level but not high crafting. In the long run of the game, all benefits are marginal and all lost benefits can be compensated.

Double benefit for casual players are already enough proof it's too strong with no drawback.

Not saying you're wrong, but assuming you're running an orc at level 20ish with 80% damage bonus perk from skill and +30% from worn enchanted gear off store, that orc is going to blow shit away way before the HP bloat at level 40 even become noticeable.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom