Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's Play Skyrim

Serious_Business

Best Poster on the Codex
Damn you work fast nigga

What difficulty are you playing on?

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
I'm just running on adept. I'll run without armor until I hit a brick wall maybe. Tee hee. This is gonna be quite funny.

TripJack

Hedonist
RK47 said:
shep.jpg
Don't mind me. These clothes don't suit me anyway.
16.jpg

:lol:

RK47

Patron
Music: Tie Fighter - Success

00.jpg

01.jpg

shep.jpg
Lead the way, Hadvar.
02.jpg

shep.jpg
Uh huh.
03.jpg

shep.jpg
Hammerfell had ruins like these, our warrior caste often explore these ruins to prove their courage.
04.jpg

shep.jpg
Superstitious sort, are you?
05.jpg

shep.jpg
What's this?
06.jpg

shep.jpg
Hmmm.
07.jpg

shep.jpg
A bearded man in robes. How boring.
08.jpg

shep.jpg
A fool wielding a puny dagger.
09.jpg

shep.jpg
Now THIS is more like it.
10.jpg

shep.jpg
I am a Warrior and this stone is worthy of my touch.
11.jpg

shep.jpg
Amazing...we should erect stones like these in Hammerfell..
hadvar.jpg
Shepard, this way!
12.jpg

13.jpg

shep.jpg
What was I guilty of in the first place?
14.jpg

shep.jpg
Hmph. Fine.

A howl in the distance caught the warrior's attention. Hadvar paid no heed.
15.jpg

shep.jpg
Hadvar, dinners here!
hadvar.jpg
What?

One wolf was slain immediately by the black warrior's mighty swing, the last one wasn't so lucky...
16.jpg

shep.jpg
Been a while since I met a wolf...be honored. Hnnnghhhhh-
17.jpg

shep.jpg
ONE!

The wolf gaze turned blank as it howled in agony. But the black warrior wasn't finished.
18.jpg

shep.jpg
Hnnnnghhhh-
19.jpg

shep.jpg
TWO! Tell your ancestors about me.
20.jpg

shep.jpg
What? You barely did anything.
21.jpg

22.jpg

shep.jpg
Nice place.
hadvar.jpg
You may want to get dressed to soothe the populace's discomfort.
shep.jpg
Am I undressed? My honor is still protected. There is no shame in this state.
hadvar.jpg
So be it.
23.jpg

24.jpg

25.jpg

26.jpg

hadvar.jpg
Shh.. Uncle, please. Keep your voice down. I am fine. But we should go inside to talk.
alvor.jpg
What's going on? And who's this?
shep.jpg
Shepard. Charmed, I'm sure.
hadvar.jpg
He's a friend. Saved my life in fact. Come on, I'll explain anything, but we need to go inside.
alvor.jpg
Okay, okay. Come inside, then. Sigrid will get you something to eat and you can tell me all about it.
shep.jpg
Nice place. You a smith?
alvor.jpg
Why yes,...you look like you need some armor. But first, let's come inside.
shep.jpg
Hmph.
27.jpg

shep.jpg
Hmm?
28.jpg

shep.jpg
Ignorant whelp. Ah, none of my business.

The black warrior followed Hadvar and his uncle into the house where a warm fire greeted him.
29.jpg

Alvor's wife strode from the basement, looking surprised at the underdressed black man in her living room before realizing the presence of her nephew.
30.jpg

shep.jpg
Don't mind if I do.
31.jpg

hadvar.jpg
I don't know where to start. You know I was assigned to General Tullius' guard. We were stopped in Helgen when we were attacked...by a dragon.
32.jpg

shep.jpg
Yeah, he's obviously drunk while in full Imperial uniform, accompanied by a half dressed black man in the woods.
sigrid.jpg
Husband. Let him tell his story.
hadvar.jpg
Not much more to tell. This dragon flew over and just wrecked the whole place. Mass confusion. I don't know if anyone else got out alive. I doubt I'd made it out myself if not for my friend here.
shep.jpg
If they had untied me earlier, maybe the dragon would be dead by now.
hadvar.jpg
I need to get back to Solitude and let them know what happened. I thought you could help us out. Food, supplies, a place to stay.
shep.jpg
That isn't-
alvor.jpg
Of course! Any friend of Hadvar's is a friend of mine. I'm glad to help however I can.

Alvor's gaze turn towards the Redguard seated at one end of the table. His muscular ebony pecs shone in the fireplace's light. His gaze pierces like a prideful hawk.

alvor.jpg
Like I said, I'm glad to help in any way I can.
shep.jpg
I need some cash. You dig?
alvor.jpg
But I need your help. We need your help. But first, help yourself to some of my possessions. Here's some clothes and food. You could use some.
33.jpg

shep.jpg
Sigh. If you insist. What help do you need from me?
alvor.jpg
The Jarl needs to know if there's a dragon on the loose. Riverwood is defenseless. We need to get word to Jarl Balgruuf in Whiterun to send whatever soldiers he can. If you'll do that for me, I'll be in your debt.
shep.jpg
No friend, you've helped me enough with this warm fire and supplies. How do I get to Whiterun from here?
alvor.jpg
Cross the river then head north. You'll see it, just past the falls. When you get there, just keep going up. Dragonsreach, the Jarl's palace is at the top of the hill.
shep.jpg
What can you tell me about the Jarl?
alvor.jpg
Jarl Balgruuf? He rules Whiterun Hold. A good man, perhaps a bit over-cautious, but these are dangerous times. So far he's managed to stay out of the war. I'm afraid it can't last, though.
shep.jpg
Which side in the war does he favor?
alvor.jpg
I don't think he likes either Ulfric or Elisif much. Who can blame him? But I've no doubt he'll prove loyal to the Empire in the end. He's no traitor.
shep.jpg
Enlighten me, who is Elisif?
alvor.jpg
Ah, I forget you are new to Skyrim. Jarl Elisif, I should say, although only because she was married to Jarl Torryg when he was murdered.
shep.jpg
Women are allowed to lead here? How did he die?
alvor.jpg
Ulfric murdered Torygg. Walked right into his palace in Solitude and killed him. Shouted him to death, if you believe the stories.
shep.jpg
I'm more interested in how he got out alive in the first place. But do go on.
alvor.jpg
That's what started this whole war. The Empire couldn't ignore that. Once the jarls start killing each other, we're back to the bad old days.
shep.jpg
Just like the Forebears and Crowns of Hammerfell...

Shepard lets out a long sigh. War Chief U'bama's concern ringing in his mind.

shep.jpg
And you, what do you think about the war?
alvor.jpg
People are rightly stirred up about the damn Thalmor being allowed to roam around arresting people, just for worshipping Talos. But was it worth tearing Skyrim apart, maybe destroying the Empire? No, Ulfric will have a lot to answer for in the end.
shep.jpg
Hmm. Sacrificing beliefs for the greater good. A hard price to pay. The treaty harmed your people as much as it did to mine. Just be glad you've not lost any territory to the damn Thalmors yet.
alvor.jpg
Nords have always supported the Empire, and the Empire has always been good for Skyrim.
shep.jpg
If you say so. Can I use your forge?
alvor.jpg
I see no harm in it, if you have the skill. The grindstone will improve your weapons, use the table to improve your armor.
shep.jpg
Thank you, Nord brother. It's good to be here.
34.jpg

shep.jpg
Psst - want to see my dragon?
sigrid.jpg
Hush, child. Don't pester your cousin.
35.jpg

shep.jpg
Your uncle's a very good man, Hadvar.
hadvar.jpg
It's nice to be back in a friendly spot, huh?
36.jpg

hadvar.jpg
I'd recommend heading to Whiterun. From there you can take a carriage to Solitude.
shep.jpg
Before that, who were those other prisoners?
hadvar.jpg
You didn't know? That was Ulfric Stormcloak and his top lieutenants.
shep.jpg
The same one who killed that Jarl?
hadvar.jpg
Right, the leader of the Stormcloaks. They claim to be fighting for Skyrim's freedom, but the war is really all about Ulfric wanting to be High King of Skyrim.
shep.jpg
Tell me more about these Stormcloaks.
hadvar.jpg
It's pretty simple. Ulfric founded them years ago, as a sort of private army to advance his ambitions. He's always used the ban on the worship of Talos to stir people up against the Empire.
shep.jpg
Hm, much like the Crowns of Hammerfell did on the loss of territory.
hadvar.jpg
He never succeeded in getting much support, so a few months ago he murdered the High King! That got the Empire's attention.
shep.jpg
So when you need more followers, you commit regicide. Huh. Sounds bad ass. How did you capture him anyway?
hadvar.jpg
A masterstroke by General Tullius! He's only been in charge here for a fe wmonths, but he's turned things around for the Empire.
shep.jpg
How so?
hadvar.jpg
We've been trying to catch Ulfric since the war started, but he always seemed to slip through our fingers...like he knew we were coming.
shep.jpg
Spies, perhaps?
hadvar.jpg
This time, the General turned the tables on him. Ulfric rode right into our ambush with only a few bodyguards. He surrendered pretty meekly, too. So much for this death-or-glory reputation.
shep.jpg
Too bad he didn't get executed first.
hadvar.jpg
Yes, I thought we were taking Ulfric back to Cyrodiil, but I guess the General changed his mind. You know the rest.
shep.jpg
Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought dragons were all dead long ago?
hadvar.jpg
So did I! If the damn Stormcloaks somehow found one, or woke it up...the war might be about to take an ugly turn. Hard to believe it was just a coincidence, that the first dragon anyone's seen for centuries attacks just as Ulfric was about to be executed.
shep.jpg
I think you need a good fist on your head. You were about to execute *ME* when the dragons appeared.
hadvar.jpg
I know, today wasn't the best introduction to the Legion, but I hope you'll give us another chance. The Legion could really use someone like you, especially now. And if the rebels have themselves a dragon, General Tullius is the only one who can stop them.
shep.jpg
He ordered my execution, why would I want to help him?
hadvar.jpg
Shepard, I don't blame you for being angry about it. I would be, too, in your shoes. But it was all a mistake. You weren't supposed to be on that cart with those Stormcloak traitors.
shep.jpg
Damn straight.
hadvar.jpg
And the Imperial Legion needs your help, especially now, with that dragon out there somwhere, and Ulfric back on the loose.
shep.jpg
I'll have to think about it.
hadvar.jpg
Sure, I understand. I'ts not easy to go from being executed by the Legion one day to joining up the next. But I think you'll see the Legion is Skyrim's only hope for real peace right now. I know you'll make the right choice in the end.
shep.jpg
You're not the only one who thinks so...

Shepard's black figure rose majestically from the chair.

37.jpg

He carefully unfold the clothing that Alvor handed and put it on.

38.jpg

shep.jpg
Mmmh. It'll do. I need to go outside for a while.
39.jpg

The warrior stood outside and takes in the clear mountain air of Skyrim. So much in such a short time. Just as War Chief U'bama predicted.
40.jpg

shep.jpg
I gotta stop wasting time thinking and do what I do best.

Shepard borrows the smith's grindstone and sharpened his axe.

41.jpg

It's night, and he disrobed by the stream to continue training his Black Eagle stance.

43.jpg

shep.jpg
Huff...huuuh...hufff...
44.jpg

shep.jpg
I will not fail you, War Chief.
45.jpg

shep.jpg
The elves will not succeed.
46.jpg

shep.jpg
I swear it.

RK47

Patron
Tali <3

Joking aside, man I never even experienced this ...dialogue the first time I played. I was just running past Hadvar or Ralof down the cliff and zip through the smith...selling my junk, buying stuff etc.

Beth did put effort into having 'semi-scripted' stuff in...but I guess witnessing 75% of their QA running pass all the dialogues must've did them in.

Hell, I wish I could do that in Dragon Age.

baronjohn

Cipher
RK47 said:
I won't turn off quest markers (you can't ask for directions in this game), but how do I turn off dungeon markers only?
Situational awareness, bro. Either that or look at the map when you're confused.

The game is 500% more enjoyable without the popamole compass. Plus screenshots look way better.

RK47

Patron
00.jpg

Satisfied with his nightly training, Shepard retires to the nearby Inn, 'The Sleeping Giant.'

01.jpg

A huge fire pit greets him.
02.jpg

delphine.jpg
Orgnar.
delphine.jpg
Are you listening?
orgnar.jpg
Hard not to.
delphine.jpg
The ale is going bad. We need to get a new batch.
delphine.jpg
Did you hear me?
orgnar.jpg
Yep. Ale's going bad.
delphine.jpg
I guess you don't have potatoes in your ears after all. Just make sure we get a fresh batch in soon.
shep.jpg
Nice place.
03.jpg

shep.jpg
You're the innkeeper?
04.jpg

orgnar.jpg
We got rooms and food. Drink, too. I cook. Ain't much else to tell. If you need a room, talk to Delphine.
shep.jpg
I'd like a room.
delphine.jpg
Sure thing. It's yours for a day. For ten gold pieces.
shep.jpg
A fair price.

The coins exchanged hands. Shepard turns around and notice the inn's bard playing a little local tune called 'Ragnar the Red.' He decides to indulge in a little music before heading to bed.
05.jpg

There once was a hero named Ragnar the Red,
who came riding to Whiterun from ole Rorikstead!
And the braggart did swagger and brandish his blade,
as he told of bold battles and gold he had made!

But then he went quiet, did Ragnar the Red,
when he met the shieldmaiden Matilda who said...
"Oh, you talk and you lie and you drink all our mead!
Now I think it's high time that you lie down and bleed!"

And so then came the clashing and slashing of steel,
as the brave lass Matilda charged in full of zeal!
And the braggart named Ragnar was boastful no more...
when his ugly red head rolled around on the floor!
06.jpg

shep.jpg
Not bad.

A drunken patron gave a quiet applause before ordering another mug.
07.jpg

Shepard has had enough. It's time to retire to his room.
08.jpg

shep.jpg
Tomorrow, White Run.
09.jpg

Morning comes...
10.jpg

11.jpg

shep.jpg
If I follow the river, it should lead right up to Whiterun!
12.jpg

shep.jpg
Always wanted to swim.
13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

shep.jpg
Mmmmm. I should be careful. One false step...

LP Note: Yes. Jumping down from this height to the water below causes death. I reloaded lol.

Shepard jumps to the side of the cliff, and uses his powerful legs to leap at another footing.
16.jpg

17.jpg

Finally, gauging that the rapids are somewhat safe, he decides to take the plunge once more.
18.jpg

A short ride later, he came onto a shore populated by a pair of mud crabs.
19.jpg

They seemed quite hostile. And took a chunk off his thigh with their massive claws.
20.jpg

shep.jpg
That hurt. I should find myself some reliable armor. A little bit higher and my honor would be broken.
21.jpg

shep.jpg
Mmm. Not much further to White Run now..

Approaching the outlying farms near Whiterun, Shepard senses trouble ahead. A large figure, waving a huge club is fending off a group of three warriors.
22.jpg

shep.jpg
Looks like a giant. Mind if I join in?
23.jpg

Battleaxe drawn, the giant collapses in one mighty swing from the Redguard, the warriors sheathed their weapons in awe.
24.jpg

25.jpg

shep.jpg
What is a Shield-Brother?
aela.jpg
An outsider, eh? Never heard of the Companions?
shep.jpg
No. Do tell.
aela.jpg
An order of warriors. We are brothers and sisters in honor. And we show up to solve problems if the coin is good enough.
shep.jpg
I might be in need of some currency...may I join?
aela.jpg
Not for me to say. You'll have to talk to Kodlak Whitemane up in Jorrvaskr. The old man's got a sense for people. He can look you in the eyes and tell your worth.
shep.jpg
Very well.
aela.jpg
If you go to him, good luck.

The warriors parted, but not before commenting on Shepard's odd choice of battledress.
26.jpg

shep.jpg
Sigh. Fine.
27.jpg

shep.jpg
Happy now?

Once the warriors have left, Shepard knelt down over the dead giant. Studying its features closely.
28.jpg

shep.jpg
I know. It wasn't fair. One day, we'll have a rematch. You and me. And we'll see who is the better man. Rest in peace, warrior.

A short jog later, and Shepard stumbles upon a carriage outside Whiterun.
29.jpg

shep.jpg
Hmm. Hadvar did mention that this carriage can take me to Solitude...Sir, what do you know about Whiterun?
carriage.jpg
Well, I know the Companions make their home here. Their mead hall, Jorrvaskr, is the oldest building in the city. Oh, and there's a nasty feud between two families called the Gray-Manes and Battle-borns. You'll want to be careful there. The rest you can find out by asking the townsfolk. I'd start with the barkeep at the Bannered Mare, or the castle steward.
shep.jpg
Thank you, is your carriage for hire?
carriage.jpg
Of course. Where would you like to go?
shep.jpg
Not now, perhaps later. Once I'm done with business in Whiterun.
carriage.jpg
Have a safe trip, Redguard.

The walls of Whiterun beckons.
30.jpg

shep.jpg
Hmmm. Is that?

A small group of tents stands erect outside the walls. A group of Khajitts, the cat-like race frolicks about. One sat in the tent, hawking his wares.
31.jpg

shep.jpg
Why, this is highly unusual. I never thought of seeing your kind here. Why sell your goods in Skyrim?
32.jpg

cat.jpg
An astute question, for we are far from home and this is a cold, hard land.
shep.jpg
Indeed, methinks you'd prefer the warm touch of the sand than cold snow.
cat.jpg
Ahh, but the wise trader finds the best opportunities, even if he must travel far to find them. Skyrim is a ripe opportunity indeed.
shep.jpg
Mmmm-hmm. How so?
cat.jpg
The dragons and the war have scared many other traders away, but for those with courage, there is much profit to be made.
shep.jpg
Show me your wares, I might have some baubles for trade.
cat.jpg
Take a look.

The merchant drove a hard bargain, but Shepard learned much of mercantile from the short time he spent haggling. Perhaps in the future, he will be able earn more coin from selling his goods.
shep.jpg
I've grown stronger.
33.jpg

34.jpg

His grip more confident, the proud warrior continues his journey towards the gates of Whiterun.
cat.jpg
May your road lead you to warm sands.
35.jpg

36.jpg

shep.jpg
I come from Riverwood bearing a request for aid.

The guards let Shepard in and directed him towards Dragonsreach.
37.jpg

shep.jpg
So this is Whiterun...
38.jpg

adrian.jpg
I just can't fill an order that size on my own. Why don't you swallow that stubborn pride of yours and go ask Eorlund Gray-Mane for help?
idolaf.jpg
Ha! I'd sooner bend my knee to Ulfric Stormcloak. Besides, Gray-Mane would never make steel for the Legion.
adrian.jpg
Have it your way. I'll take the job, but don't expect a miracle.

The Nord left the smith, feeling satisfied with the acceptance of his request. Shepard decides to chat up the female smithy. He never met one before.
39.jpg

shep.jpg
You forge blades?
adrian.jpg
I don't claim to be the best blacksmith in Whiterun. Eorlund Gray-Mane's got that honor. Man's steel is legendary. All I ask is a fair chance.
shep.jpg
You work the forge all day?
adrian.jpg
Aye, that I do. I've got to, if I hope to be as good as Eorlund Gray-Mane some day. In fact, I just finished my best piece of work.
shep.jpg
And that is?
adrian.jpg
It's a sword. I made it for the Jarl, Balgruuf the Greater. It's a surprise, and I don't even know if he'll accept it. But...
shep.jpg
But?
adrian.jpg
Listen, could you take the sword to my father, Proventus Avenicci? He's the Jarl's steward. He'll know the right time to present it to him.
shep.jpg
It would be my pleasure, but first, tell me about Whiterun.
adrian.jpg
Plenty to tell. Hmph. I'd say we're prosperous enough. Most folks don't go hungry, if they're willing to work hard. The city's ruled by the Jarl up in Dragonsreach. That's the fortress, there, up on the tall hill.
shep.jpg
Yes, I'm headed there.
adrian.jpg
But you're probably more interested in Jorrvaskr, mead hall of the Companions. Their deeds of war and valor are...legendary.
shep.jpg
Mmm. I might do that as well. But first, show me your wares.
adrian.jpg
Of course. The finest weapons and armor.

Shepard browsed through the collection of fine steel and iron weapons. But settled on something special.
40.jpg

shep.jpg
Cool to the touch. I'll take this.
adrian.jpg
Excellent choice. But you're short of a few coins.
shep.jpg
Take my axe to make up for the difference.
adrian.jpg
That will do.

The trade was made and Shepard walks past the bustling marketplace.
41.jpg

shep.jpg
Hmmm, I could purchase many things here..maybe cook up some of my Redguard recipes later, when I have the time.

Remembering that his purse is a little light after his big purchase at the smithy, Shepard decides to save the browsing for another day.
42.jpg

shep.jpg
This tree...looks dead. A pity. And that fortress must behind it must be Dragonsreach.

Shepard walks past the massive tree, only to be stopped by a loud shouting from a priest clad in yellow robes.
43.jpg

shep.jpg
Huh..nice statue.
priest.jpg
And there it is, friends! The ugly truth! We are the children of man! Talos is the true god of man! Ascended from flesh, to rule the realm of spirit!
shep.jpg
Isn't the worship of this god banned? Is Whiterun not under Empire's control?
priest.jpg
Come closer,friend!
shep.jpg
What can you tell me about Talos?
priest.jpg
Hello, my friend! If you seek knowledge about mighty Talos, you have most certainly come to the right person.
shep.jpg
So, what's the beef? Get to the point please. Who is Talos?
priest.jpg
In mortal life, Talos was a Nord possessed of unmatched tactical skill, limitless wisdom and the power to see into men's hearts.
shep.jpg
So he was a man?
priest.jpg
Talos mastered the power of the Voice, and with it he united the lands of men into a great Empire.
shep.jpg
The Empire? The same Empire in Cyrodiil?
priest.jpg
Yes. In southern lands, he was known by the name Tiber Septim. Here in Skyrim, we honor him by his proper Nord name. So great was his reign in life, when he ascended to the heavens he was made the lord of the Divines.
shep.jpg
I'm sure he does. Well, that's all the time I have for Talos today.
priest.jpg
If you want to know more, I'm sure you can find any number of tomes on the subject.

Dossier updated: Talos.

shep.jpg
Umm, fine. I'll see you around, priest.
priest.jpg
Would you like to pray to the shrine of Talos before leaving? He may grant you his blessings!
shep.jpg
No...not now. Thanks anyway.

Shepard walks away and climb up the steps to Dragonsreach, pondering the origins of Talos.
44.jpg

shep.jpg
Talos is merely a tool by Thalmors to drive a gap between the Empire and Skyrim. Nothing more. Unless there's more proof to it...

Finally, Shepard reaches the halls of Dragonsreach.
45.jpg

What sort of reception awaits him?

CrazyLoon

Prophet
The game looks so much like Oblivion now that I can see everything. LP is shaping up to be EXTREME. Anyway, did you add any mod/are you planning to?

RK47

Patron
CrazyLoon said:
The game looks so much like Oblivion now that I can see everything. LP is shaping up to be EXTREME. Anyway, did you add any mod/are you planning to?

Craftable Arrows - This one is kinda no brainer. Lots of ingots are rotting by end game, and really, arrows cost can be a bit much.

Faster Horses - 1.5 speed, cause humans can't possibly outrun horses.

Killable children - Yeah. Realism ftw.

Rich Merchants - I don't think I even needed this mod, but what the hell, I hated running around town looking for merchant with money to sell loot to.

Still looking for Shepard N7 Armour and Geth Laser Gun plus Omni-Blade. Will enjoy the game more if the mod is out.

RK47 said:
VA in this game is a real hit-and-miss. This guy has probably the best VA in the game - hell, for most games. Then, suddenly - Farengar Latent-Flame: his opening quest lines were just painful. More painful than the high-pitched, faggoty, office-cubicle-worker VA of the guy hurrying to get his head chopped off, in the intro. Mark Meer is a fucking genius of VA in comparison.

anus_pounder said:
Didn't think people would actually notice the fact you don't have any clothes on. Minor :incline: ?
They did in Oblivion and Morrownd, as well. Dunno about Fallout.

RK47

Patron
What pissed me off is that the VA, despite duplicating themselves over several character NEVER made any attempts at differentiating themselves.

Just look at the amount of VAs they used in Dawn of War 2 and how many roles they played each.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etm3Z8E4F18

RK47

Patron
00.jpg

01.jpg

Before Shepard can step closer, a female dark elf blocks his way, sword drawn.
irileth.jpg
What's the meaning of this interruption? Jarl Balgruuf is not receiving visitors.
shep.jpg
Easy, sister. Alvor of Riverwood sent me. The town is in danger.
irileth.jpg
As housecarl, my job is to deal with all dangers that threaten the Jarl or his people. So you have my attention. Now, explain yourself.
shep.jpg
A dragon has destroyed Helgen.
irileth.jpg
You know about Helgen? The Jarl will want to speak to you personally. Approach.
02.jpg

03.jpg

shep.jpg
The Imperials were about to execute Ulfric Stormcloak. Then the dragon attacked.
jarl.jpg
I should have guessed Ulfric would be mixed up in this.
04.jpg

05.jpg

avenicci.jpg
The Jarl of Falkreath will view that as a provocation! He'll assume we're preparing to join Ulfric's side and attack him. We should not...
jarl.jpg
Enough!
06.jpg

jarl.jpg
Irileth, send a detachment to Riverwood at once.
irileth.jpg
Yes, my Jarl.
avenicci.jpg
If you'll excuse me, I'll return to my duties.
jarl.jpg
That would be best. And you...
shep.jpg
Yes?
jarl.jpg
Well done. You sought me out, on your own initiative. You've done Whiterun a service, and I won't forget it. Here, take this as a small token of my esteem.

A guard handed Shepard a suit of Steel Armor.

shep.jpg
Hm. Thank you. This will serve me well. If that is all...
jarl.jpg
There is another thing you could do for me. Suitable for someone of your particular talents, perhaps.
shep.jpg
Oh?
jarl.jpg
Come, let's go find Farengar, my court wizard. He's been looking into a matter related to these dragons and ... rumors of dragons.
shep.jpg
Hm. Do tell.

The Jarl rises and leads Shepard into another room where a robed figure is deep in studies.
07.jpg

jarl.jpg
Go ahead and fill him in with all the details.
08.jpg

shep.jpg
Make it brief, I don't like wizards.
mage.jpg
Yes, I could use someone to fetch something for me.
shep.jpg
Fetch? that's no warrior's task.
mage.jpg
Well, when I say fetch, I really mean delve into a dangerous ruin in search of -
shep.jpg
Cut the bullshit. What does this have to do with dragons?
mage.jpg
Ah, no mere brute mercenary, but a thinker - perhaps even a scholar?
shep.jpg
I am waiting.
mage.jpg
You see, when the stories of dragons began to circulate, many dismissed them as mere fantasies, rumors. Impossibilities. One sure mark of a fool is to dismiss anything that falls outside his experiences as being impossible.
shep.jpg
Well, to me a fool is one who wastes my time with idle talks. Get to the point.
mage.jpg
Fine. I started the search for information about dragons - where had they gone all those years ago? And where were they coming from?
shep.jpg
So? What does all this have to do with me?
mage.jpg
I, ah, learned of a certain stone tablet to be housed in Bleak Falls Barrow - a "Dragonstone," said to contain a map of dragon burial sites.
shep.jpg
Where is this stone?
mage.jpg
Go to Bleak Falls Barrow, find this tablet - no doubt interred in the main chamber - and bring it to me. Simplicity itself.
shep.jpg
What can you tell me about Bleak Falls Barrow?
mage.jpg
An old tomb, built by the ancient Nords, perhaps dating back to the Dragon War itself. Ah. Maybe you just want to know how to get there. It's near Riverwood, a miserable little village a few miles south of here.
shep.jpg
Oh, Riverwood? Yeah I think I know that place. I'll - fetch - when I have the time.
jarl.jpg
This is a priority now. Anything we can use to fight this dragon, or dragons. We need it, quickly. Before it's too late.
mage.jpg
Of course, Jarl Balgruuf. You seem to have found me an able assistant. I'm sure he will prove most useful.
shep.jpg
You both presume too much. I'll do this on my own time. I have my own interests.
jarl.jpg
Very well, Redguard. Succeed at this, and you'll be rewarded. Whiterun will be in your debt.
shep.jpg
I bid you farewell, milord.

Shepard leaves the Jarl and his court wizard. He searches for the Jarl's advisor, Proventus Avenicci.
09.jpg

shep.jpg
I have a sword for you, from your daughter.
avenicci.jpg
Ah, this must be that weapon for the Jarl. Poor girl, so eager to prove herself. I'll present it to Balgruuf when his mood is..agreeable. Thank you, please take these few coins.

With that, the advisor walks over to a dining hall out in the open, with a majestic view of the surrounding.
10.jpg

11.jpg

shep.jpg
Impressive.

There, Shepard chats up Hrongar, Jarl's Balgruuf's brother.
12.jpg

shep.jpg
I'm sure your brother knows what he's doing. He seems like a fine ruler.

Shepard decides to try on the armor the Jarl gifted to him.
13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

shep.jpg
Heavier, but it's better than bleeding to death.

Satisfied with the fit, Shepard takes leave of the porch and studies a map in the Jarl's war room.
16.jpg

shep.jpg
Says here that Imperial controls Whiterun, but I see no Legion troops posted here...Ahh, no matter. Let's cook something up. I am starved.

Finding a spare cooking pot, Shepard starts digging through the ingredients, intent on replicating his homeland's cooking.
17.jpg

18.jpg

shep.jpg
A pinch of salt...
19.jpg

shep.jpg
Sliced potatoes and chopped leeks..
20.jpg

shep.jpg
And a hunk of juicy venison.
21.jpg

shep.jpg
Perfect.

He ate merrily and ready for the challenges ahead of him
22.jpg

shep.jpg
So...Riverwood? Or Solitude? Let me think it up first...
23.jpg

shep.jpg
Hmm, a fellow Redguard?
24.jpg

wife.jpg
So you're willing to starve your wife and daughter to reclaim some rusty old sword?
amren.jpg
I just need to hire one, maybe two good men. You won't starve.
wife.jpg
I'll put it plainly. You can claim your sword, or you can keep your wife. If you set foot outside the gate, I won't be here when you return.

The woman walked away in a huff, leaving the man behind to ponder on his decision.
shep.jpg
There are other fishes in the seas, brother.
amren.jpg
Huh? Hey - you tried mercenary work? It might suit you.
shep.jpg
What were you two arguing about?
amren.jpg
My Saffir doesn't like that I've been spending so much time looking for my father's old sword.
shep.jpg
Why is this sword so special?
amren.jpg
He fed his entire family with the gold he made using that weapon. I'm not about to let it gather dust in some thief's trophy room.
shep.jpg
Perhaps I can help?
amren.jpg
You will? I tracked it to a group of bandits nearby. I don't know why I'm saying this, but if you find it out in your travels, I'd be grateful to you.
shep.jpg
It's a promise.

Shepard leaves the man behind and walk past the Jorrvaskr, home of the Companions.
25.jpg

shep.jpg
They're an honorable sort. I should join them.
26.jpg

Upon entering the Jorrvaskr, Shepard stumbles upon a fist fight between two members.
27.jpg

28.jpg

shep.jpg
Hail there, I would like to join the Companions.
skjor.jpg
So you think you have what it takes? Huh. Lucky for you, I'm not the one who makes that decision. Talk to Kodlak.

Shepard couldn't find Kodlak on the main floor and decides to explore the lower levels.
29.jpg

shep.jpg
Where is Kodlak?

The servant lady pointed him towards a room. The door was ajar, an elderly figure sat with a young fiery man. They seem to be deep in discussion.
30.jpg

kodlak.jpg
We all do. It is our burden to bear. But we can overcome.
vilkas.jpg
You have my brother and I, obviously. But I don't know if the rest will go along quite so easily.
kodlak.jpg
Leave that to me.

Sensing that they're finished, Shepard approaches the pair.
31.jpg

32.jpg

LP Note: LOL orgasmic face.

shep.jpg
Hail. I would like to join the Companions.
kodlak.jpg
Would you know? Here, let me have a look at you.

The man studies Shepard's face carefully before continuing.

kodlak.jpg
Hm. Yes, perhaps. A certain strength of spirit.
33.jpg

kodlak.jpg
I am nobody's master, Vilkas. And last I checked, we had some empty beds in Jorrvaskr for those with a fire burning in their hearts.
vilkas.jpg
Apologies. But perhaps this isn't the time. I've never even heard of this outsider.
kodlak.jpg
Sometimes the famous come to us. Sometimes men and women come to us to seek their fame. It makes no difference. What matters is their heart.
vilkas.jpg
And their arm.
kodlak.jpg
Of course. How are you in battle, boy?
shep.jpg
I can handle myself.
kodlak.jpg
That may be so. This is Vilkas. He will test your arm. Vilkas, take him out to the yard and see what he can do.
vilkas.jpg
Aye.

The young man rose and regards Shepard carefully.
shep.jpg
Come on, let's do this.
34.jpg

Later, outside...
35.jpg

vilkas.jpg
Just have a few swings at me so I can see your form. Don't worry, I can take it.
36.jpg

shep.jpg
If you say so.

Shepard winds his greatsword back before lowering it with all his might. With a mighty clang, it clashed against Vilkas' raised shield, the younger warrior lost his footing upon impact.
37.jpg

38.jpg

vilkas.jpg
You might just make it. But for now, you're still a whelp to us, new blood. So you do what we tell you.
shep.jpg
Hmph.
vilkas.jpg
Here's my sword. Go take it up to Eorlund to have it sharpened. And be careful, it's probably worth more than you are.
shep.jpg
Trying to save your face after what happened, eh? Whatever. You're not worth it.

Following Vilkas' directions, Shepard ascend up the stone steps and paused as a majestic view came within his sight.
39.jpg

shep.jpg
Wow..what craftmanship...
40.jpg

Beneath the giant bird, a red hot forge. An elderly smith is working on his irons.
41.jpg

shep.jpg
Vilkas sent me this sword.
eorlund.jpg
I'm guessing you're the newcomer then?
shep.jpg
Does he always send newcomers on errands?
eorlund.jpg
Oh, don't worry too much about it. They were all whelps once. They just might not like to talk about it. And don't always just do what you're told. Nobody rules anybody in the Companions.
shep.jpg
I see. Were you one as well?
eorlund.jpg
Not actually a Companion myself, but none of them know how to work a forge properly and I'm honored to serve them. Name's Eorlund Gray-Mane. I work the Skyforge. Best steel in all of Skyrim. All of Tamriel.
shep.jpg
Well, if that is all...
eorlund.jpg
Wait, I have a favor to ask.
shep.jpg
Speak.
eorlund.jpg
I've bene working on a shield for Aela. My wife is in mourning and I need to get back to her soon. I'd be much obliged if you could take this to Aela for me.
shep.jpg
Very well.
eorlund.jpg
That's a good man.

Later, below the Jorvasskr...
42.jpg

shep.jpg
I have your shield.
aela.jpg
Ah, good. I've been waiting for this. Good to see you made it up here.
skjor.jpg
You know this one? I saw him training in the yard with Vilkas.
aela.jpg
Ah, yes. I heard you gave him quite a thrashing.
skjor.jpg
Don't let Vilkas catch you saying that.
aela.jpg
Do you think you could handle Vilkas in a real fight?
shep.jpg
I don't care for boasting.
aela.jpg
Ah, a man of action. Here, let's have Farkas show you where you'll be resting your head. Farkas!

A muscular warrior answers the call. Shepard recognizes him as the man who fought the giant at the farm.
43.jpg

aela.jpg
Of course we did, icebrain. Show this new blood where the rest of the whelps sleep.
farkas.jpg
New blood? Oh, I remember you, Come on, follow me.
shep.jpg
Icebrain?
44.jpg

farkas.jpg
They challenge us to be our best..err..
shep.jpg
Shepard.
farkas.jpg
Well met, I am Farkas. Nice to have a new face around. It gets boring here sometimes. I hope we keep you. This can be a rough life.

Farkas leads the new warrior to the sleeping quarters.
45.jpg

46.jpg

farkas.jpg
Tilma will keep the place clean. She always has.
farkas.jpg
Come to me or Aela if you're looking for work. Once you've made a bit of a name for yourself, Skjor and Vilkas might have things for you to do. Good luck. Welcome to the Companions.
shep.jpg
Thank you, brother.
farkas.jpg
By the way, if you're looking for something to do. We've gotten a letter about someone needing some mucle right here in Whiterun Hold.
shep.jpg
What is it about?
farkas.jpg
I don't know what the fight is about, and that's not our business anyway. I just need you to go out there, look tough, and scare this milk drinker into submission.
shep.jpg
Sounds easy.
farkas.jpg
No more than that. I don't want to hear about a killing, understand?
shep.jpg
Understood.
farkas.jpg
Go. Bring honor to yourself, and the Companions.

RK47

Patron
00.jpg

Tirdas 8:00 PM, 18th of Last Seed, 4E 201
Shit hit the fan tonight. Lost a bet with my friend over the dragon at Helgen. I didn't think it was real, just some Stormcloak propaganda. Turns out it was real and Irileth is sending us over to Riverwood tomorrow. I'm double-fucked. Tonight is my last Whiterun guard duty for the week.

Why did the dragon have to attack now?

01.jpg

8:50 PM. All quiet on the front gate, a lone Redguard left the gates, tending to a Companion's job just outside the gate. I let him pass. Didn't really catch his name. Stewart, was it?

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

9:15 PM. Nothing to report. I'm hungry, tired, and cold. Three more hours till I'm off to sleep, then it's down to Riverwood I go.

07.jpg

08.jpg

9:50 PM. Thought I saw someone moving just outside the walls, looks like one of us, but he isn't carrying a torch. Strange. Maybe he's taking a piss. I thought I saw another figure giving chase to him, or maybe it's his partner trying to keep up...I'm so bored. I hate wars.

09.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

10:15 PM. Ahhh! So much better, nothing like good mead down the hatch past tenner. Biggs reported arrows flying over by the bridge to the north. Could be some hunters going on a hunt.

13.jpg

10:30 PM. FUCK! Heard a human cry out from the northern perimeter. I drew the short straw - gotta go - fuck where's my helm?

14.jpg

Post action report - There was a fight between an imperial bodyguard and a redguard. I try to get closer to stop the fight.

15.jpg

Post action report - The Redguard seemed uninterested on attacking, he was telling the Imperial to stand down as he wanted to resume a chase - or some shit. I was getting closer, ready to throw down a shout to break up the fight, when the Redguard block was broken by a fine Imperial thrust -

16.jpg

Either one could go down at that moment, the Redguard realized it was a fine line between defense and death and switched to a counterblow, spinning around to land an elbow charge at the incoming Imperial, opening the latter's defense wide. I must've been 5 paces away when I realized they're both past the point of no return.

17.jpg

And that's that. The greatsword pierced the Imperial's torso and he's dead.

18.jpg

Present -
19.jpg

guard.jpg
FREEZE! HEY! HEY! I SAW THAT!
22.jpg

shep.jpg
I was chasing Stormcloak when this idiot tried to kill me. It was self defense.
guard.jpg
Uhhh. Come quietly.
shep.jpg
Fine. He's probably too far away for me to catch by now.

He spat on the corpse. Putting the blame squarely on the dead man.

shep.jpg
Fuckin' retard.

Gonna have to submit a report when I get back to HQ...fuck, I hate my life.

spekkio

Arcane
So, this is the new shit, huh?

:/

Great job as always, RK47.

RK47

Patron
00.jpg

guard.jpg
OK, since it was self defense, the fine is 40 gold. Please be careful next time when you're outside town.
shep.jpg
Hmph. You took out most of my coins.
guard.jpg
Just be glad the Jarl vouched for you. We've had enough trouble with the civil war as it is, why don't you cool your head in the Bannered Mare?

Music: Ultima 7 - Marketplace

shep.jpg
Fine.
01.jpg

02.jpg

shep.jpg
Cozy.
03.jpg

shep.jpg
Innkeeper, some meat...and a room.
04.jpg

05.jpg

Walking to his room, Shepard notices a Nord woman eyeing him with very fierce eyes.
06.jpg

shep.jpg
Oh, really? That's nice, but I'm kinda tired right now.
bitch.jpg
Keep walkin' softgut. I'm more woman than you can handle.
shep.jpg
What did you say?
bitch.jpg
Think you can go blade to blade with me? You'd be dead in six seconds.
shep.jpg
You think you can take me on?
bitch.jpg
And why not? I could beat anyone in this city, bare-handed. A hundred gold says I knock your hide to the ground.
shep.jpg
I don't have that much gold, but rest assured when I do...
bitch.jpg
Then come back when you actually have the hundred.
shep.jpg
Hmph. I'm outta here.

Shepard gets some much needed rest, he'll visit the farm in the morning and carry out his Companions contract.
07.jpg

Morning comes, and Shepard makes breakfast.
08.jpg

shep.jpg
Time to kick some ass.
09.jpg

shep.jpg
Damn purse getting light, this job better pay well...
10.jpg

shep.jpg
Hmm, looks like a merchant's cart.
11.jpg

shep.jpg
Oh, sure, bring it. I could use the exercise!
12.jpg

Music: Ultima 7 - Combat

The bandits drew their arms and began their attack. It's two against one. Shepard parries the incoming attacks and chose to go after the archer first.
13.jpg

shep.jpg
One down.
14.jpg

shep.jpg
Time to punch your ticket.
15.jpg

Ice cold temperature overwhelmed the last bandit's defense, he bent over, wracked in pain. Shepard grins as he raised his greatsword sky high.
shep.jpg
Coup the grace.
16.jpg

17.jpg

The fight is over and Shepard picks through the camp and snatch any valuables.
18.jpg

A small cache of gold
19.jpg

And skooma.
20.jpg

shep.jpg
Looks like that's it...huh?

A battle cry made him turn around.
21.jpg

shep.jpg
Again?

It appears the bandits' friends have returned.
22.jpg

shep.jpg
You guys are twins?
23.jpg

Shepard's grievous slash takes down one! Their light armour unable to match the might of the greatsword.
24.jpg

shep.jpg
What a productive day.

Finding some spare vegetables and salt piles in the barrels, Shepard decides to cook up a meal before continuing.
25.jpg

Finally, he arrives at the farm.
shep.jpg
I'm here to resolve a dispute.
26.jpg

shep.jpg
What the-
27.jpg

The woman throws a fierce left hander, catching Shepard off guard!

shep.jpg
So this is how people resolve disputes in Skyrim?

Shepard raises his fists and traded a few blows, the woman began to tire out.
28.jpg

shep.jpg
Come on, bitch. Is that all you got?
29.jpg

shep.jpg
GET SOME!
30.jpg

shep.jpg
WANT MORE?
31.jpg

32.jpg

shep.jpg
You should stick to farming next time. *Spits*

Wiping the blood from his lips, Shepard makes his way back to Whiterun. However, he ran across an unsavoury bunch.
33.jpg

shep.jpg
Looks like a bunch of bandits. I should keep my wits about.

Deciding that a direct attack against four opponents would be suicidal, Shepard decides to veer left, out of their view and stage an ambush.
34.jpg

shep.jpg
A little sum'thing for the first one...
35.jpg

Shepard lets loose! Killing one instantly.
36.jpg

He quickly draws the bowstring for another shot, trading fire with the second bowman.
37.jpg

The third arrow brings the second bowman down, it's 2 v 1!
shep.jpg
What's a matter? Never seen a Redguard before?
38.jpg

A downward slash from his greatsword grieviously wounds the great axe wielding bandit! But Shepard felt a sharp pain on his back and sure enough another bandit is attacking from behind!
39.jpg

shep.jpg
Not bad, woman. I see you are a Redguard, too. Why do you resort to petty thievery?

Skillfully parrying the blow, Shepard leaps back and executes the great-axe wielding bandit. Finally, he taunts the last bandit to come closer.
40.jpg

shep.jpg
Just you and me, sister. Come!
41.jpg

shep.jpg
You should keep your mouth shut and eyes on the prey instead. Like THIS!
42.jpg

Blood flowed freely as a violent gash opens from the woman's torso and left thigh, she dropped to one knee, unable to raise her shield in time.
43.jpg

shep.jpg
Cry freely woman, for those will be the last tears you shed on this earth!

With a mighty blow, the bandit was throttled backwards, dead. Shepard withdrew his blade and scanned his surrounding.
44.jpg

shep.jpg
Oh, no....
45.jpg

shep.jpg
What a waste...

It appears he arrived too late to save the poor bystander. He gave the Redguard woman her last rites before returning to the gates of Whiterun, the memory of the battles burning brightly in his psyche.
46.jpg

shep.jpg
Forgive me, sister. May you find peace in the afterlife.

I dunno, man: too much LARP, not enough lulz and a severe lack of EXTREME collar grabbin'. Shep's getting soft. :/

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom