Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's Play Mount and Blade (Character Creation)

Let's Play Mount and Blade

Updatan list

Update I: Genesis

Welcome to this LP of Mount and Blade Warband. For those of you unfamiliar with the game it's pretty much a sandbox game where you lead you war band for fame and glory. So it's up to the player to set his own goals such as world conquest or perhaps world conquest. Any way let's get this started.

2011-12-12_00001.jpg

Well let's get started, first to start a new game.

2011-12-12_00002.jpg

Male dominated eh? Well then I would see no reason what so ever to play a female character then. :M

2011-12-12_00003.jpg

That is unless of course one intends to play a more "Codexian" character. Female it is!

2011-12-12_00004.jpg

Next we get to choose our background, these choices have some impact on the game by affecting starting skills and stats. but it's not hugely important over the long run. Though choosing the impoverished noble background we get the right to a coat of arms right of the start.

2011-12-12_00005.jpg

More choices, and consequences. This is already more of an RPG than Skyrimjob

2011-12-12_00006.jpg

Our character spent several years as an university student.

2011-12-12_00007.jpg

2011-12-12_00008.jpg

The term adventurer for some reason conjures up mental images of people breaking into peoples homes and stealing retrieving their valuables.

2011-12-12_00009.jpg

Naturally we shall play Iron man woman Tranny.

2011-12-12_00010.jpg

I allocate the available stats and skill points thusly. Each skill is limited by it's governing attribute such as strength or intelligence, our choice of background gives a lot of extra intelligence which gives extra skill points. We will also gain an extra stat point and a couple of skill points each level up.

Also a proper name is chosen fitting the games setting.

2011-12-12_00011.jpg

Messing around with face generation a little, sadly there was no deeper shade of red for the hair so this will have to do.

2011-12-12_00012.jpg

Next we must choose were to begin our adventure, SMA settles for the Kingdom of Swadia (hence the name)

2011-12-12_00013.jpg

Swadia is renowned for it's knights which are quite possibly the finest heavy cavalry in the world, their other forces aren't to shabby either.

2011-12-12_00014.jpg

Though some less unsavory types than knights lurk in the city of Praven, directly when she arrives SMA is victim of an robber.

2011-12-12_00015.jpg

We were allowed to choose a coat of arms during character creation, however I didn't grab a screen of it since it went to the next screen as soon as it was selected. Any way I choose this majestic unicorn on a purple background (which can be seen on the back of the shield) for our heroine.

2011-12-12_00016.jpg

It is a short but brutal fight and the story almost ended as quickly as it began but SMA kills her attacker with a thrust of her sword.

2011-12-12_00017.jpg

Directly after killing the theif SMA is stopped by a merchant, who appears to have a business proposition for us.

2011-12-12_00018.jpg

We follow the merchant to his home. But what exactly does he want? That we will learn in the next part.

anus_pounder

Arcane
Apart from the meh choice of swadia, fine so far. :thumbsup:
You sure about Vanilla M&B ? Considering the multitude of excellent mods out there, I found myself becoming bored with the vanilla shite.

Serious_Business

Best Poster on the Codex
This fucking game

I never managed to get anywhere in this. Not to mention I was shit at the combat

I'd grind an army fighting sea raiders. I'd have the best knights in the realm - if only in small numbers because of my army limit - but quality over numbers, right? Fucking wrong. I got into politics after that, joined a realm. First battle : my entire army is gone. Also I play on ironman. So that's it, gone are the finest knights with their pretty polish wings and whatever the fuck. Start again, pick up the derp peasants, have them fight goddamn bandits. Oh yeah, you got a town. You're on your way to become a great lord. Except that your town is getting raided every 5 minutes and all population and been killed over and over again. Now there's only that one bum and some cows, that's what you lord over. I'm a great medieval lord. I'm also a great trader, which doesn't make any sense because I should be defending my lands. BUY IRON SELL IRON OH YEAH BABY YOU'RE IN IT NOW. MAKE MONNNEEEYYYYYYY. Shit, I didn't play this game for this crap, I want to weave my sword around. So let's do dis. BATTLEEEE - died again, you're enslaved. This is great simulation, very good game, I give score of champions

ironyuri

Bros

if you suck at M&B Warband, you are objectively derp.

Yes, S_B I am calling you out.

Anyway, I sank over 170 hours into M&B warband vanilla with a black/moorish noble general called "Othello", he joined the Rhodoks (closest thing to Venice) and later married one of the lord's fiery daughters.

He controls, currently, 7 castles, 8-9 towns, 2 cities and an army of around 120-140, mostly elites.

I was playing on ironman, too. Last time I played, I think he was around level 44. Will post some screens here.

It was a great game in which I larped being Shakespeare's Othello, my next plan was to betray the Rhodoks and found my own kingdom, but I wanted to wipe out the Vaegirs first.

As it stands in my game, the Swadians, arabamoors and Nords have been wiped out/genocided, the mongols are down to one city and the Vaegirs have 3 castles only. So it was gg for everyone except Othello. Fuck em all.

Hellraiser

Arcane
BRO I APPRECIATE YOU LPING THIS MAJETIC BROTASTIC GAME BUT YOUR BROTASTIC SCREENSHOTS NEED TO HAVE A LESS MAJESTIC RESOLUTION

RESIZE THEM FOR ALL THE BROS WITH SHITTY SMALL 1680x1050 RESOLUTION MONITORS BRO

:bro:

Fens

Ford of the Llies
will be interesting to see how far you get with the LP before you get bored :)

ironyuri said:
It was a great game in which I larped being Shakespeare's Othello, my next plan was to betray the Rhodoks and found my own kingdom, but I wanted to wipe out the Vaegirs first.
heh... yeah... did the same thing with swadia... conquered the world for them, then started my own kingdom and re-conquered it all for myself

Majestic47

Learned
:O I always avoided it after feeling numb from the demo. But I'm kinda intrigued by other people's tales of exploits in this game. Maybe I might buy this after all if the LP turns out interesting.

Carry on, sir!

Duckard

Augur
Problem I had with this game is that once I got my cash inflows set up properly and was ready to join up in wars and stuff, I was already tired of it. This happened every time I tried playing it, so I just stopped.

Also:
Hellraiser said:
SCREENSHOTS NEED TO HAVE A LESS MAJESTIC RESOLUTION

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom