Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Let's Play Mass Effect 3: Emotional Engagements

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
What the fuck is wrong with using the stairs? Jesus!

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
So I watched those 10 minutes of Emotional Engagement (TM)

All I can say is - quality RPG experience, alright.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
"Everyone's dying..."
"You can't help me."

kencry.jpg

RK47

Patron
Final Update till 06 March 2012 bros.

manlytear.jpg

Pre-order now, or the little boy died for nothing!

:singletearof47:

RK47

Patron
No I did not. How can you say that, Anus? How can you doubt the emotional engagement that comes from the developer's design documents, Anus Pounder? How can you? HOW CAN YOU?! *GRABS ANUS BY THE COLLAR*

Cenobyte

Prophet
Hilarious. It's as if Bioware tries their utmost to make the perfect parody of all the space operas out there.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Commentary-free video? I am disappoint!

Also wow that opening is retarded.

RK47

Patron
Sorry man, first time doing Video LP. I might do more in the future. It seems to flow better.

Also, tried a short run with Action mode.
That was absolutely pointless. Here's what happens in Action mode:
-You cannot customize Shepard. Not even his looks nor his class.

Action mode will enforce 'canon' choices. As in John Shepard, the Renegade Soldier will take control most of the dialogues and choose the renegade option. I doubt I can even use points to level up. Pretty stupid feature IMO.
Who would want to select action mode?

Also, tried a short run with Action mode.
That was absolutely pointless. Here's what happens in Action mode:
-You cannot customize Shepard. Not even his looks nor his class.

Action mode will enforce 'canon' choices. As in John Shepard, the Renegade Soldier will take control most of the dialogues and choose the renegade option. I doubt I can even use points to level up. Pretty stupid feature IMO.
Who would want to select action mode?
That was kind of expected. Pretty much the only thing holding each ME together is the illusion of [biowarian] choice and pretending you're making them. The RPG part of MEs. :lol:
Take it away and what we're left with are cinematic cutscenes, agonizing in both writing and voice-acting, and the shootan designed after ye olde whack-a-mole.

The graphics/design and animations just add insult of injury. Man, I can't stop giggling at Anderson's feet every time the miserable bastard runs. :lol:

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Also I probably forgot a plot point, but why didn't the Reaper destroy the Normandy when it was calmly sitting there waiting to be shot at?

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
Also I probably forgot a plot point, but why didn't the Reaper destroy the Normandy when it was calmly sitting there waiting to be shot at?
Because it's vital to the plot that the Normandy escapes? Duh.

Vicissitudes

Augur
Patron
So basically Bioware is the Michael Bay of computer games.
I mean they are not even trying - the scene with a kid in the vent? That's been used in every shitty sci-fi/disaster/action movie/game! And that "GET THE HELL OUT OF THERE" text option...
I've never played ME but was the main protagonist always so batshit cliche hero? And the bullshit that flows with each cutscene is..fffffuck So many things to pick up on, that I don't even know where to begin.
More and more people are playing video games. I guess since most of humanity is moronic, it's pretty obvious why this huge decline is so tangible.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom