Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Let's play Lionheart

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Yeah. I considered naming him that too, but no. This is just another guy with a sword, and throwing meta-fireballs during 16th century. Alright, spoiler tags on, looks MUCH better on loading, and I'm gonna work on the next update, if my fingers are up for it.

RK47

Patron
04 - The Lost Streets
alkas.jpg
This place...it's like an alternate dimension of sorts. I don't see the sky anymore. And the void belows. It's all...pitch black but for some bright spots here and there.

01.jpg

A Wielder. I better play my cards right.

alkas.jpg
I apologize for my intrusion - I wanted to join the Wielders.
ced.jpg
Well, perhaps that will come to pass. I find it strange that your arrival was not foreseen by any of our order, though I sense there is something about you that fate cannot predict...
:rpgcodex: So you're the Chosen One! :decline: What a twist! Thanks for buying our game.
ced.jpg
If you are resolved to join the Wielders, you must prove your loyalty and earn the right to walk along La Calle Perdida.
alkas.jpg
I will do what must be done to join the Wielders.
ced.jpg
Your first task will be to create a wand of Spirits. To do that, you will need a special kind of wood known as Darkwood. There is a woodcutter in the forest west of Barcelona that can help you - seek him out, and heed his advice.
alkas.jpg
Very well. I shall return when I have the Darkwood.
:rpgcodex: We should explore this place. Who knows what we'll find.
alkas.jpg
Good idea. I think I saw something interesting on that island to the west.
:rpgcodex: Sigh. I wish we can teleport. All this walking, it's getting tiring.
alkas.jpg
You're not serious?
:rpgcodex: A black screen, that's all I want. Why can't the Wielder just teleport you to the woodcutter's house? It saves time you know?
alkas.jpg
I don't quite understand your fascination with fast forwarding, spirit. I don't want to miss a thing, that's why I walk. And you're just going to have to live with it.
:rpgcodex: Feh. Suit yourself. I'm just a passenger in this shitty ride of yours.
alkas.jpg
Quiet, look at this.
02.jpg

:rpgcodex: Oh, a fucking tree. Let's pee on it.
alkas.jpg
I heard something. Is someone up there?

More creaking, slightly louder now.

alkas.jpg
Please show yourself. I just want to talk to you.

Suddenly the bark of the tree shifted its shape...into a face of sorts! It speaks!

bram.jpg
I cannot show myself any more plainly than what you already see. Regrettably, I am the tree you see before you.
alkas.jpg
A talking tree? What happened to you?
bram.jpg
Several years ago, I was experimenting with a new formula for a vitality potion. Unfortunately, someone tampered with the mixture, and it transformed me into a tree. I immediately dropped down roots, and have been here ever since.
:rpgcodex: So, is your wood hard yet? :smug:
alkas.jpg
Don't mind him. Who tampered with the potion?
bram.jpg
I believe it to have been Relican, an outcast of La Calle Perdida and an enemy of the Wielders. He was once one of us, until we discovered he was practicing the forbidden arts. We cast him out, and being the wickedly vengeful sort, he swore retribution against us. With his customry flair for the dramatic, I might add.
alkas.jpg
What sort of forbidden arts? Magic?
bram.jpg
Necromancy. When placed in a lifeless body, the spirit corrupts the corpse into an abomination, creating a mindless destructive monster. The Inquisition had rooted out most of the Necromancers during the Fifth Crusade, but somehow Relican learned of these arts from the lost tomes.
alkas.jpg
Tell me more of this Crusade.
bram.jpg
In 1467, a cabal of dark wizards created the Bone Legion, an army of undead raised from forgotten mass graves of fallen crusaders. The necromancers sent their armies to conquer all of Europe, and even launched bone-laden vessels to attack lands across the oceans. In the end, the might of the Inquisition and the desert magic of the Order of Saladin stopped the undead army.
alkas.jpg
Is there a way to cure you?
bram.jpg
Many good wizards have tried. Quinn the herbalist has been trying for years to reverse it, with no success. Leonardo, however, believes that Relican cursed my vitality potion. If so, Relican will need to lift the curse, or someone must force him to.
alkas.jpg
I will try to help.
bram.jpg
I appreciate your kindness, friend, but I do not wish to put you in harm's way. Relican is a most unreasonable man, and aside from his tendency to speak in sinister whispers and veiled threats, he is a powerful wizard. He has little respect for the lives of others. I fear he will not lift the curse willingly. If you approach him, please be prepared to find him unwilling to speak - and ready to harm you. He may be found deep in the forest to the west of Barcelona.
alkas.jpg
Very well. That chest next to you, mind if open it?
bram.jpg
You may do so.

I fiddled with the lock till it gives way.

03.jpg

Emptying the contents, I found a pair of magical boots and a tome of Geomancy.

04.jpg

The boots seem to grant that extra strength of load bearing, while the Tome seems to be something that Wang Choi would be interested in. I can't wait to show him this. I carefully don the boots and place the book into my pack before continuing to explore the Lost Street. I was drawn towards a green glow in one corner of the floating islands.

wiz.jpg
As I have foreseen, another has arrive to touch the window of their soul!
06.jpg

alkas.jpg
Who are you?
wiz.jpg
I am Jorge Vandorga, nurturer of the Ways Crystal here in La Calle Perdida, at your service. I am here to make sure that the crystal is understood by newcomers, and that it develops the power that it needs.
alkas.jpg
What can you tell me about the Ways Crystal?
wiz.jpg
This Ways Crystal was uprooted from its spot on mortal soil and was deposited here for us to learn and gain power from. When it has sufficient energy, this Crystal can boost an individual's abilities beyond those of his or her birth, but only once. We still do not know why.
:rpgcodex: Gee whiz, free level up!
wiz.jpg
What we do know is that there other Ways Crystals in the world that will provide cumulative powers.
alkas.jpg
You mentioned that the crystal was gathering power?
wiz.jpg
We are not certain, but we think that the Ways Crystals absorb their power slowly from displays of magical energy... and perhaps the Earth itself.
alkas.jpg
I wish to look into the crystal.
wiz.jpg
Wonderful! Just let me awaken the spirits within and it will be ready! There! I've attuned the crystal to harmonize with your own energies. Touch it to start your journey.
07.jpg

I felt a slight tingle as the energy passes through me.

Permanent +1 to all Thought Magic Skills

:rpgcodex: That's IT?
wiz.jpg
Well my friend, that's one of the five. The others are scattered about the lands. Keep your eyes sharp and your senses keen and you may find them.
alkas.jpg
Thank you. I wish to leave the Lost Street soon, can you tell me how to find the exit?
wiz.jpg
You may walk out through the secret passage. Or you can speak with Pedro, and cross through the Room of Ways.
alkas.jpg
The Room of Ways?
wiz.jpg
Pedro, the Keeper of Ways, can explain better than I. Seek him out.

Several walks later...

08.jpg

alkas.jpg
What do you mean by "keeper of ways"?
wiz2.jpg
I maintain the magical ways, these gate structures you see around me. The ways will transport you to various locations in and around Barcelona.
:rpgcodex: YES! FUCK WALKING! YES!
alkas.jpg
Oh, I see. That is very useful. But can you tell me more of this place, La Calle Perdida?
wiz2.jpg
I am sure that as feralkin, you are no stranger to such persecution. The world is seldom kind to those with the taint of magic in their veins.
:rpgcodex: Should've rolled a human.
alkas.jpg
Despite such prejudice, it is my hope the world may some day learn to accept those of my kind.
wiz2.jpg
That is a tolerant view of the world you have, my friend, and I respect it. It is rare to see such an individual respond to hate and fear with understanding.
:rpgcodex: Understanding alone isn't enough. It must be carried on the shoulders of Trolls and delivered with flames of Retaliation. That is the only way to fight the Decline.
alkas.jpg
I shall be checking out these gateways then...
wiz2.jpg
Of course, feel free. But be careful, read the sign before jumping in.
09.jpg

alkas.jpg
Hmmm. This must lead to Quinn's shop.
10.jpg

alkas.jpg
This one looks interesting. 'La Calle Perdida stretches forever. Allowances can be made to see more.' Let's explore!
11.jpg

alkas.jpg
Hmm. Where am I?
12.jpg

alkas.jpg
Just one of the floating islands...a device here. Seems to be missing a lever of sort. But how do I get back?
:rpgcodex: Check out your point of arrival. Maybe that glowing rock over there?
13.jpg

I gripped the green glowing stone and was pulled away once more.

14.jpg

alkas.jpg
Ah, there we go.
wiz2.jpg
Welcome back. How may I help?
alkas.jpg
Have you found a small lever around here?
wiz2.jpg
Hmmm...yes. I found one wedged in one of the bridge beams a few days ago. You can have it. I believe it is very old, so be careful with it.
15.jpg

alkas.jpg
It fits! But what does it do?

I pulled the lever and saw a small chunk of the floating islands flying towards another...could it be bridging another island?

16.jpg

alkas.jpg
Hmm.

No sooner I stepped into the newly accessible island, a spirit rose to greet me. He looks covered in wounds.

17.jpg

alkas.jpg
How long have you been here?
haw.jpg
It seems like a few days, but I know not. This blackness grows on my mind like a boil I cannot conquer. Tell me, how goes the fight against the Dragons?
alkas.jpg
What Dragons? What battle?
haw.jpg
This battle is the most horrendous thing of our time! The Crusades against the Storm Dragons have drained the land to the point of exhaustion! How could you not know of this! Has the battle been won in my absence?
:rpgcodex: I heard the facebook game closed down recently. :smug:
alkas.jpg
Err.. Yes. That Crusade ended a long time ago.
haw.jpg
That is a relief. Peace at last! What has become of the countryside? Did the Dragons lay waste to Barcelona? Are there still any left?
alkas.jpg
I do not know. Is that your skeletal body behind you?
haw.jpg
Uhhh...that is a skeleton of some kind. It does seem... familiar. There is even...
:rpgcodex: Shitty textures, cut and pasta content. Yep. Looks like you, alright. That smeared shit on your nostrils. I can still smell it. Sniff. Nasty.
alkas.jpg
Is there something more you wish to say?
haw.jpg
NO! NO! That is not...I cannot be...
:rpgcodex: Face it, man. You're done. You can't regen from this shit.
alkas.jpg
You've passed on. Do not worry. The afterlife is forgiving to those who have led a good life, which I believe you have.
:rpgcodex: Tell that to the metacritic users.
haw.jpg
I...I believe you are right. I can feel the absence of my mortal coil as I float above the ground below. I will go and find my wife, Lucinda. I think I hear her calling me now. Have peace, friend.
alkas.jpg
Rest in peace, spirit.
:rpgcodex: His armor is still in good condition. I bet it's magical.
alkas.jpg
We'll see...
18.jpg

:rpgcodex: Nice!

That's an additional +50 carrying cap. Awesome!

:rpgcodex: There's gotta be more of these riches somewhere! Check the other portals, man!
alkas.jpg
Let's not get greedy...
:rpgcodex: HEY HEYYY LOOK AT THIS!
19.jpg

alkas.jpg
I.. I don't know.
:rpgcodex: 'Untold riches AND power!' Come on, this is your chance!
20.jpg

alkas.jpg
Alright, here goes...

I think I heard Pedro crying out as I stepped through the gate.

21.jpg

22.jpg

alkas.jpg
Shit.
:rpgcodex: Whoops. Did you save game?

The wizard vanishes, leaving his two giant minions to finish the job. I cursed as I drew my blade and raised my shield.

23.jpg

:rpgcodex: This should be level scaled, right?
alkas.jpg
No. I don't think so.
24.jpg

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
The Codex butthurt about this one was legend. All the usual angst about rtwp and infinity and whatnot and then it sounds all novel and people desperately want a new rpg and then we got a shit action rpg that starts out great and goes downhill from that very moment. Good times.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Some of those art assets look like straight taken out of Icewind Dale 2 (which is probably even the case), heh.

RK47

Patron
Imagine how great it would be with rotating camera and turn based combat.

Trash

Actually I wasn't butthurt about the quality of the game at that time of release. It's just ... SO TOUGH. I never had to powergame so much just to finish RPG before this game. The year I got it, I just made it past Barcelona before my character can't cope with the combat and just dies repeatedly.

RK47

Patron
05 - Down in the Docks
alkas.jpg
Let's go find Signor Leo instead. I have a feeling he has more assistance to lend us in his workshop.
:rpgcodex: Be my guest, but let's try to find the correct portal.
alkas.jpg
Hmm. As I recall correctly, he mentioned he lives in the Port district.
01.jpg

alkas.jpg
'Brine swirling, cargo, motion.' Gotta be it.
02.jpg

alkas.jpg
Here we go.
03.jpg

I can hear the sound of waves. I must've arrived at the Port district.

alkas.jpg
I think a relaxing stroll down the coast is well deserved. Who knows what we might find?
:rpgcodex: Just keep detect hidden up, those loose change can help.
04.jpg

05.jpg

alkas.jpg
What dragged your brother away?
dock.jpg
A small group of slimy creatures - they're called sailor's bane or vodyanoi. They'll eat Juan if we don't hurry!
alkas.jpg
Fine. I'll save him.
:rpgcodex: Maybe some blade oils would help, Witchuh?
alkas.jpg
I doubt these sea creatures would last long against fire magic.
dock.jpg
Bueno! Take this potion of healing, you might need it against those creatures. Please hurry, Juan does not have much time!

Vodyanoi. How dangerous can they get?

06.jpg

alkas.jpg
Wow. That is underwhelming.
07.jpg

Another two appears just beyond the north, I quickly summoned my fire magic and finished them off with my blade as they got close. This is too easy. I must've depleted half of my magical reserves after that fight, but I felt fine.

08.jpg

alkas.jpg
We're too late.
:rpgcodex: He's fated to die. Don't get too emotionally engaged now.
alkas.jpg
Hm, how can you be so sure?
:rpgcodex: Don't try to pretend, bro. You replayed this game five times and in every attempt he dies.
alkas.jpg
Well. That's that, then.

I delivered the bad news.

09.jpg

:rpgcodex: He'll get over it.

I continue my walks around the coasts, taking extra care to pick at any oddity on the ground, I did end up with the odd coin pouches and bottle of potion even. Satisfied that I've exhausted all fortune from the sands, I decided to step on the docked ships.

10.jpg

alkas.jpg
Hm? Why are you shaking your head?

The sailor points a quivering hand to his mouth and shakes his head.

alkas.jpg
Are you unable to speak?

He nods and opens his mouth to show his scarred stub of a tongue. He stares at me with mournful eyes.

alkas.jpg
I..I'm sorry friend. Who removed your tongue?

The man looks agitated and looks away. After a few moments his nervous eyes dart back to look at me.

alkas.jpg
I'd like to help you. Please tell me who did this to you.

The man points to his eyes and then points to his mouth while making a rapid cutting gestures.

:rpgcodex: He bit his tongue off while fighting.
alkas.jpg
Was it something you saw that caused your misfortune?

The man nods grimly. He slowly moves his hand across his neck in a cutting motion.

alkas.jpg
You saw someone die?

He nods again. He performs a stabbing motion in the air, then makes a pushing motion with both hands.

alkas.jpg
You saw a murder?

The sailor shakes his head and turns away.

alkas.jpg
Mysterious.
:rpgcodex: It's not like he's important or something, you never added a quest to your journal!
alkas.jpg
Perhaps a conversation with his Captain is in order.

I step onboard the flagshig. I'm no sailor but I can tell this is one finely constructed vessel. The owner of the vessel greets my arrival with pride.

11.jpg

alkas.jpg
You are a Duke?
duke.jpg
Yes. I am the Duke of Medina Sidonia, captain general of Andalusia and a humble and loyal servant of Spain and the Inquisition. For better or worse, I have been appointed to the rank of Admiral of the Spanish Armada to lead our forces against the English navy.
alkas.jpg
Why do you say for better or worse?
:rpgcodex: Cuz they suck at sailing, that's why.
duke.jpg
In truth, the Inquisition gave me little choice but to accept the position of Admiral. The tragic death of the Marques de Santa Cruz, one of Spain's most able admirals, left a disruptive void in the navy. I was appointed Admiral to fill that void for political reasons, not military ones.
alkas.jpg
Political reasons?
duke.jpg
Many sea commanders fought to succeed the Marques de Santa Cruz, some even threatened to depart the Armada and the situation nearly escalated to conflict. As I was the only noble the rebellious captains trusted, I was chosen for my political influence to unite them. I just pray that I have the necessary tactical knowledge to lead our fleet to victory, but I fear that I have been put into an impossible situation.
alkas.jpg
Impossible? Why do you think so?
duke.jpg
The English are formidable opponents with battle hardened sea commanders and dangerous sorcerers. While our Armada is larger, many of our young soldiers are inadequately prepared to fight a major sea battle. And while I have many years of experience as a statesman serving Spain, I have limited naval warfare expertise, something I have tried to impress upon the Inquisition for some time with little success. Still, there is hope of victory. And I do have a veteran Captain to aid me.
alkas.jpg
What do you mean by hope of victory?
duke.jpg
My hope is that I will be able to link our fleet with the forces under the command of the Duke of Parma from the Netherlands. If all goes according to plan, our combined forces will overwhelm the English vessels and they will be willing to negotiate with the Inquisition.
alkas.jpg
Tell me about this veteran captain.
duke.jpg
Captain Isabella has a wonderful tactical mind. She is perhaps the brightest captain of the Armada. She assumed command after her former superior, Captain Morales, perished a few months ago while on duty. You can visit her on the other docks, she should be on her ship.
alkas.jpg
Perhaps I shall. Goodbye.
duke.jpg
Until we see one another again, my friend.

Isabella's ship is different. Hers is smaller, much more sleek. I have no doubt it will sail faster than the rest of the Armada. It will take considerable skill to handle it right though.

:rpgcodex: Just like sex, if you do it wrong, you'll get sick.
12.jpg

alkas.jpg
Captain?
13.jpg

alkas.jpg
You must be Captain Isabella.
isa.jpg
Yes, I am Captain Isabella. I have assumed command of this ship since the death of our previous officer, Captain Morales. Despite the loss, we are ready for the coming battle.
alkas.jpg
What happened to Captain Morales?
isa.jpg
Sadly, the Captain was lost a month ago during a terrible storm. He was washed over the ship's rail in the dead of night and his body was never found.
alkas.jpg
You spoke of the coming battle. What are you referring to?
isa.jpg
You must be a new arrival to Barcelona. Every citizen knows that the Inquisition has ordered the Armada to gather for an attack against England. The Inquisition wants to force the Queen to renounce the use of heretical magic.
alkas.jpg
How do you plan on attacking England?
isa.jpg
We will sail to the Netherlands to gather the land army under the command of the Duke of Parma. Then the entire Armada will sail straight into the Isle of London, the capital of the British Empire, and capture the Queen of England. It will be difficult, as the English are shrewd sailors and their magic makes them formidable.
alkas.jpg
How do the English use magic?
isa.jpg
Hah! They claim they only use magic for defense against dangerous sea creatures, but I have seen English pirates wield devastating magic against innocents. The Armada will be hard pressed against their Weather Wizards. Forgive me if I am too forward, but you have the unmistakable look of an adventurer, used to performing difficult and sometimes questionable tasks...
:rpgcodex: I like where this is heading.
alkas.jpg
I can be counted on for discretion. What did you have in mind?
isa.jpg
While I am not fond of magic, I fear that the Armada will be ill-equipped with the powerful English wizards, despite assurances from the Inquisitors of victory. In my experience, a warrior must fight fire with fire, so to speak.
alkas.jpg
I think I understand what you're asking for. You want me to obtain magic for you?
isa.jpg
Yes. I would like to be prepared in case we face these Weather Wizards. If you could obtain a scroll of Wind Control, discreetly of course, I would be able to reward you handsomely.
alkas.jpg
I will try to find a Wind scroll for you.
isa.jpg
Excelente. Return when you have the scroll.
:rpgcodex: Scrolls huh, I suppose you could try Choi's.
alkas.jpg
Yes. Perhaps later.

I continue along the coast line till I can continue no more.

14.jpg

alkas.jpg
More treasures. Hm. Lucky day. Let's head into the district itself, I think I've got sand in my boots.

There seem to be an announcement of some sort in the district square.

15.jpg

inq.jpg
Listen to the words of the Lord, let the Inquisition show you the light!
:rpgcodex: I guess he got a reviewer's copy.

The crowd revere the Inquisitor, begging for blessings from the robed man. They truly believed this man holds the key to their salvation. However, a man cuts through the crowd and shouts out a protest.

16.jpg

man.jpg
Let us walk among the streets of your noble district!

Before he could continue, a guard is already on him.

17.jpg

A blow from the guard's gauntlet knocked him onto the floor. He rose quickly and fled before the guard could dish out more punishment onto him.

18.jpg

inq.jpg
Ahem. I cannot save those that do not wish to be saved. I can only help those willing to help themselves.
alkas.jpg
Help...is the last thing I would ask from your kind.
:rpgcodex: You watch yourself. You're just a man. Magic or not, there's no way you can take on the whole Inquisition.

I decide to follow the fleeing man. He did not run far, for the guard did not give chase. Once he realized that, he took shelter near an abandoned market stall before venting his anger at the nearby wall.

alkas.jpg
Are you alright?
20.jpg

alkas.jpg
What happened during that sermon?
man.jpg
The Inquisition - they preach their lies of tolerance and peace, yet those like me, so called 'tainted ones', live just better than animals in the port districts. They fear us, and I believe they will keep persecuting us until we... cannot take it any longer.
alkas.jpg
Who are you?
man.jpg
Call me Bartolome. I'm what the Inquisition would call a *tainted* citizen - and now I have this knot on my head to remind me of my place in their society... I fear my brother's fate is what they have planned for all of us...
alkas.jpg
What happened to your brother?
man.jpg
Yesterday, they took my brother, Renaldo, to their dark chambers. No trial, no evidence, no accuser.
:rpgcodex: America, Fuck Ye- Oops. Wrong game.
man.jpg
They took him away... I tried to stop them, but their guards help me at swordpoint. I fear he will not last long in that dreadful dungeon...
alkas.jpg
I would be willing to help you save your brother.
:rpgcodex: Wait, what?!
man.jpg
You.. you would enter those chambers and risk your life.. for a tainted creature like my brother?
alkas.jpg
(Barter) If I help, the great risks must be balanced by great rewards.
:rpgcodex: Ahh, just like what my Jewish Uncle Ben would say.
man.jpg
A saint's heart but a mercenary's mind?
alkas.jpg
I am sorry, I too, am in need of resources. Consider it as an exchange.
man.jpg
Fine then, plenty of coin and a treasured magic heirloom for the return of my brother. They are worthless compared to his life. What say you then, stranger.
alkas.jpg
Down to the Inquisition. Tell me where he is being held.
man.jpg
They took my brother somewhere within the lower levels of the Inquisitor's chambers. You will need to make your way through the guards and horrors of that dungeon. If you do find him, have him drink this potion - its magic will free him from his bonds.
alkas.jpg
I will do so.
man.jpg
Good luck, my friend.

-To Be Continued-

LP Comment: Wow. Wordy as fuck. But I enjoyed playing through it, at least.

RK47

Patron
06 - Give Cortes a Hand Job
alkas.jpg
Knew I shouldn't have taken that alley shortcut.
01.jpg

alkas.jpg
Are you quite sure that you want to rob from a city guard?
02.jpg

:rpgcodex: Hmph. Next time intimidate him for some EXP THEN kill him before he walks off screen. Maximize the reward. Minimize the risk.
alkas.jpg
Enough of that. Let's find Ali Huban. There should be a tavern somewhere here. Ah, there it is.
03.jpg

04.jpg

alkas.jpg
It's a tavern, alright.

Cups are being emptied, most of the customers are sailors on shore leave. A lone knight refuses to meet my glance at the counter while a single-armed man is in deep debate with another patron in one of the corners. The barmaid took a moment off her work to greet me cheerfully.

05.jpg

alkas.jpg
Greetings, I'm looking for information.
bar.jpg
Well, information is not on the menu, and sometimes those *special* orders can cost you. Depends on what you want to know about.
alkas.jpg
I'm looking for a man named Ali Huban.
bar.jpg
I'm looking for a man as well, but I don't think I'll have any luck finding an honest man in this ale-soaked tavern! Anyway, I've heard of this Ali Huban, he's a trader if I recall. Why are you looking for him?
alkas.jpg
Amir wants to find out if Ali has any news for him.
bar.jpg
Oh? Amir is looking for him? Well, then why did he send you?
alkas.jpg
I am his pupil. I seek to become a Favored One of the Knight of Saladin.
bar.jpg
How wonderful! You must understand, I had to make sure you were not a town guard because, well, let's just say the trade laws in Barcelona are far too restrictive. Know that *I* am Ali Huban.
alkas.jpg
I...see.
bar.jpg
I have had to wear this disguise out of necessity for the past few weeks. Extremely unpleasant, but the tips are nice. I have a message for Amir. Deliver this letter to him and tell him that I have located those responsible for the theft.
alkas.jpg
I shall take it to Amir, then.

Gained a level.

:rpgcodex: Now's a good time to unlock your third tier magic. I think the fighting is about to get serious from now.
06.jpg

alkas.jpg
Yeah.

Protective Thought Magic increased to 50
One Hand Melee Weapon increased to 50

alkas.jpg
It might be a good idea to have a self healing magic.

Divine Magic Healing increased to 1

alkas.jpg
That's sufficient. Let's proceed...

As I turn to leave the tavern, I cannot help but take interest in the heated discussion between the one-armed man and his companion.

07.jpg

shy.jpg
So Cortes, you want to throw more of my gold into the ocean?
cor.jpg
If you could just spare but a single chest of gold, I could sail to the New World and recover your losses!
shy.jpg
Do you take me for a fool?!
cor.jpg
I can make you a rich man!
shy.jpg
More likely you would drain me of my wealth and leave me destitute.
cor.jpg
You are a heartless miser!
shy.jpg
You are a bumbling buffoon!
cor.jpg
Shylocke, you must spare more gold!
shy.jpg
Not only will I not pay you, I am tempted to seize your remaining assets to pay for my losses!
cor.jpg
You cannot seize my ship, Shylocke. No one in the world would agree that what you say is fair!
shy.jpg
Well, why don't we ask this eavesdropper. You there, perhaps you could settle our quarrel?
cor.jpg
Yes, I would agree to let this one settle our dispute. What say you stranger?
alkas.jpg
What are you two arguing about?
shy.jpg
A year ago, this wretch borrowed ten thousand gold from me to fund an expedition to the New World. He promised gold, slaves, and other riches, and he returned with only one of the three ships he set out with, one arm, but not *one* ounce of gold. Now he asks for more money for another expedition. I should be able to seize his last remaining ship to recover my losses.
08.jpg

alkas.jpg
Give him another chance, Mr Shylocke. Investments are never without risk.
shy.jpg
Fool! I will not forget this slight, stranger. And Cortes, I never want to see your pathetic face as long as I live.

Shylocke empties his mug of ale before leaving in a huff. He appears resigned to losing his investment. Well, at least Cortez won't lose his last ship.

cor.jpg
It is certainly my good fortune that you arrived when you did. That man makes serpents seem trustworthy. Allow me to properly introduce myself. I am Hernan Cortes, former Conquistador for Espana, and explorer of the New World.
alkas.jpg
Tell me about the New World.
cor.jpg
Across the blue sea, there is an untamed land, wilder and more alive than any place you have ever seen in Europe. The New World, the Americas, it was supposed to be a land of wealth and dreams. After three expeditions to that accursed land, I can tell you it is a place of nightmares.
alkas.jpg
What happened during the first expedition?
cor.jpg
My first expedition, in 1507, proved to be successful. We explored a land known as Mexico and found a friendly tribe of natives, the Cempoalas, who were willing to share food, gold and other resources. I befriended a local shaman, who led me to a wondrous fountain hidden deep within the jungle. The water restored my vitality and has kept me youthful to this day, even though I am over a hundred years old.
alkas.jpg
That seemed fortunate, what of your second expedition?
cor.jpg
I returned to Mexico and heard legends of the Aztecs, a fierce tribe of strong warriors and powerful shamans. The Aztec capital, Tenochtitlan, supposedly contained riches beyond imagination. With my small force, I could not hope to conquer the capital. Instead I engaged the outlying Aztec territories so that I could return with some treasures to convince Espana to give me an army.
alkas.jpg
And then what happened?
cor.jpg
When I returned, I found that other conquistadors had told the King about the perilous encounters they faced in the New World. Despite the treasure I brought back, the King was hesitant to explore the New World further. I turned to private moneylenders like Shylocke to fund my expedition. When I showed him the intricate gold idols, precious gems, and jewels he gave me the money to buy ships and hire soldiers. I returned to Mexico prepared, and searched for Tenochtitlan. What we found instead, was death. All but a few of my men were captured and sacrificed to bloodthirsty Aztec gods or else eaten by their terrible beasts.
alkas.jpg
Is this why you are no longer a conquistador?
cor.jpg
Yes, unlike the soldiers under my command, I barely survived my last expedition, and a winged feathered beast snapped my arm off during my escape. Now I am heavily indebted, and I fear that no lender will give me more gold.
:rpgcodex: He should try Kickstarter, I heard it's in the rage of late.
cor.jpg
There is one possible way for me to repay my debts, but with one arm it would be an impossible task.
alkas.jpg
How?
cor.jpg
During the return voyage from the Americas, we encountered a derelict ship, strangely deserted by its crew. And in the empty captain's quarters, I found a tattered map leading to a great cache of treasure. I thought our bad fortunes had reversed, but when we returned to our own vessel, dark spirits and ghostly pirates awoke on the mysterious ship and pursued us. Only the rising sun and the grace of God saved us from a grisly death. I have spent many weeks studying every detail of the map. The treasure lies just beyond the walls of Barcelona in a secret cave, and only *I* know its location.
alkas.jpg
Why are you unable to simply open it?
cor.jpg
There is a reason this hidden treasure has never been claimed. The map warns of ghastly, monstrous, terrible creatures guarding whatever treasures lie within the cave. With the loss of my arm, I know that I could not survive the cave alone.
alkas.jpg
Perhaps I can help you?
cor.jpg
I appreciate your kindness, friend. I have spoken with the greatest medical mind of this city, none other than Leonardo Da Vinci. He has offered to design a mechanical limb to replace my arm, and though I am skeptical.. I pray that he can construct a mirale from gears and metal.
alkas.jpg
Then I'll speak with DaVinci about the mechanical arm.
cor.jpg
Gracias! I will wait here for any word from Senor DaVinci!
:rpgcodex: Your journal's starting to get over-cluttered, seriously!
alkas.jpg
Well, better to get all of it settled in one shot. All those conversation left my throat parched, maybe I should get a drink...

At the mere mention of the word, another seated patron beckoned me to his table with a cheerful wave.

10.jpg

alkas.jpg
Hmm. The Serpent's Bile sounds good.

The man waves to the barmaid, who brings two mugs full of the spirits.

gui.jpg
I make it a custom to order extra rounds for just such an occasion. Now, let's have a toast to health and victory to the Spanish Armada. Salud!

We both took a swig. It was bitter-sweet, and strong.

alkas.jpg
You serve in the Armada?
gui.jpg
Yes, I do. Soon, we'll set sail to battle the English across their isles. My friends and fellow sailors celebrate now, for tomorrow there will be war and many of us may not return. What do you think of the coming war with England.
alkas.jpg
I hold no grudge against England. I am neutral.
gui.jpg
Fair enough. You will likely live long with a creed like that. Thank you for sharing a drink with me. I wish you safe travels.
alkas.jpg
And to you as well, sailor.

ED: If you actually showed support for the English during this conversation, Guiterrez will reveal that he is actually a spy sent to sabotage the Spanish war effort. It'll lead to another sub-quest. But I figure it's a little bit silly for Alkas to declare support for the English in a public place like a tavern.

Later...

11.jpg

alkas.jpg
According to the guards, this is Leonardo's Workshop.
:rpgcodex: Doesn't look like much.

I pushed the door open and went inside.

12.jpg

alkas.jpg
Hello, Signor Leo. Cortes said you were working on a mechanical arm for him. How is it coming?
leo.jpg
Yes, Cortes approached me about this a few months ago. It just so happens that I finished the design for a mechanical arm and I gave it to Eduardo the Blacksmith. However, he will need a supply of Red Iron in order to complete it. Perhaps you should visit him and see if he has obtained some.
alkas.jpg
Hm, alright, but before I go, I have other questions.
leo.jpg
Si, my friend. What would you like to know about?
alkas.jpg
Tell me about your machines, Leonardo.
leo.jpg
My machines are my tools, inventions to help me build more devices and unlock the mysteries of the natural and supernatural. Be careful when you walk about my workshop, some of these machines have minds of their own...
alkas.jpg
Hmmm. What do you mean they have minds of their own?
leo.jpg
To make the machines run, I infused them with magic spirits. Some of these spirits are more temperamental than others. One in particular, the steam engine, causes me grief to no end, and I haven't been able to finish my latest invention.
:rpgcodex: Is it because the group chat and overlay always crashes?
alkas.jpg
Tell me about the steam engine.
leo.jpg
It's rather embarassing, you see, but the steam engine is upset at me over some creative differences.
:rpgcodex: Wut?
leo.jpg
It believes that it is a great inventor and that I'm its apprentice. Serves me right for using a fire elemental as the power source, but it really does generate a good deal of steam.
alkas.jpg
What is your latest invention?
leo.jpg
I purchased a Chinese crossbow design from Weng Choi that allows for rapid, repeating fire. Of course I made some improvements on the design, but I will need help to complete it.
alkas.jpg
I can help.
leo.jpg
Perfecto! To complete the design, I'll need help gathering some of the final components. Unfortunately, I need the steam engine to create some special gears, but it isn't on speaking terms with me. Perhaps you could convince it to help us?
alkas.jpg
Uh... I'll convince it to make the gears.

I stepped closer to the steam machine, unsure what to expect.

13.jpg

:rpgcodex: Shouldn't you be talking to it or something?

I push the yellow button only to hear the machine hisses in anger.

alkas.jpg
Hmm...how about the blue button then?

No sooner the button is pushed, I could feel the earth shook, knocking me off my legs.

14.jpg

Leonardo quickly rushes over to the machine to settle it down. I was still disoriented and picked myself off the floor, wondering what had happened. Then came a chuckle from an unlikely source.

15.jpg

alkas.jpg
Hey...
mac.jpg
Oh, *now* what? I presume the old man put you up to this?
alkas.jpg
Why did you shake the room so hard?
mac.jpg
Because you pressed my button, silly. It's there to teach monkeys like you to not touch delicate things like me. I trust the lesson wasn't lost on you?
alkas.jpg
Alright, I apologize. DaVinci asked me to collect gears from you.
mac.jpg
So, he's too afraid to deal with me so he sends his apprentice? Very well, I'll make the gears, if you can provide me with a magical potion.
alkas.jpg
Will this do?

I held out a healing potion from my belt pouch.

mac.jpg
Didn't I say *ANY* potion? Put it in the slot.

As I do so, the potion dissolves instantly, creating a huge amount of steam. Within seconds, gears appear from the machine.

alkas.jpg
Thanks.
mac.jpg
You're welcome, now leave me be.
alkas.jpg
Signor Leo, I have the gears.
leo.jpg
Well done! Now, while I attach the gears to the crossbow I need you to find the final component, a suitable lens for a targeting device I've designed. I believe Galileo constructed such a lens for his telescope and, given his current troubles, I doubt he has much need of it.
alkas.jpg
I suppose I'll retrieve the lens.
leo.jpg
The telescope is within the Temple District Observatory. Return here when you have it!

There's a shelf of books on Leonardo's work bench. Curious.

16.jpg

Thumbing through the books of technical nature, I am surprised to come across the 'History of Dragons.'

17.jpg

:rpgcodex: But does the lord fall as well?

Leonardo nodded as I picked it up, content to it go. I guess Weng Choi can add another rare book to his collection.

alkas.jpg
Hmm...what an interesting instrument.
18.jpg

alkas.jpg
I suppose I'll start with the crank wheel.

As I finished doing so, a melodious voice greets me.

pia.jpg
Thank you for tuning me! I was feeling a little...flat.
alkas.jpg
Uh...you speak as well?
pia.jpg
My voice rings louder for those with a desire to create and compose. I am a muse, a spirit of artistic expression. When Leonardo crafted the viola organista, I was drawn to it like bees to honey, seeking the sweetness of this wondrous instrument.
alkas.jpg
Do you mind if I compose a music?
pia.jpg
Please do! Unlock the poetry in your spirit and stoke the fires of your creativity.

There are seven keys on the organ, each labeled with a single letter from A to G.

:rpgcodex: No, really we wouldn't have a clue what to press. There really isn't any hint, but gamefaqs told us to hit C-E-C-C-A to unlock something.
alkas.jpg
Sigh. And hit it, I did.

The organ trembles slightly and the keys emanate a soft glow.

19.jpg

alkas.jpg
Wow.

Gaining access to Leo's secret chamber grants 1000 EXP, and there's some locked chests here as well.

20.jpg

Pretty soon, Leonardo teleports in as well.

21.jpg

leo.jpg
I know you are extremely clever but I suppose I should watch you a bit more closely, eh?

He gives a chuckle as I poke around some more.

leo.jpg
You might as well look around and pry into my secrets. Try not to break my siege engine, that one is particularly dangerous.

22.jpg

alkas.jpg
This looks like a shell of some sort. How does it even move?

Unlocking another chest yields an interesting looking sceptre.

23.jpg

And another chest yields a decent prize.

24.jpg

We've done all we could. We should leave.

25.jpg

26.jpg

alkas.jpg
Leo's been a big help. Let's go.

RK47

Patron
I love the crisp 2D art more than anything else. It's so clear...except the GUI design gets in the way of the game. Thank god for GUI hide toggle.

RK47

Patron
07 - Into the Deep
Upon my return to the Gates District, I was greeted by a sour-faced guard.

01.jpg

alkas.jpg
I merely wanted to ask you some questions.
guard.jpg
Questions? Hmmph. And what makes you think I should tell you anything?
alkas.jpg
Have you no pride in your uniform and your city that you insult travelers in need? You shame the Barcelona guard and your city.
guard.jpg
I? Insult this city? It is this city that has insulted me!
:rpgcodex: Butthurt detected.
guard.jpg
One mistake, and I'm stuck here guarding the filthy Port District with scum like you!
alkas.jpg
It sounds like you have been done a grave injustice, my friend. Tell me and perhaps I can help.
:rpgcodex: Go ahead, post in General Discussion. See if I care.
guard.jpg
Well, if you must know, I used to have a post in the Temple district, with Galileo. Good pay, not much trouble... a good post, and I was happy. I'd worked hard for it! But I made the mistake of trusting Galileo!
alkas.jpg
Galileo? What did he do?
guard.jpg
Haven't you heard? He's a heretic, a sinner, and a liar. He questioned the divine power of the Inquisition, then suggested that Spain *embrace* magic... bah, what does it matter?
alkas.jpg
I see. How did he betray you?
guard.jpg
I was standing guard over the Royal Observatory on the day of his arrest, by the order of the Inquisition. I was instructed to admit no one. I did not know he was to be arrested, but Galileo came to the observatory, claiming he had forgotten something inside.
alkas.jpg
So you let him in?
guard.jpg
What was I to do? He spent almost all his time there. There seemed no harm in granting him a moment to collect his things, so I ordered him to be quick. He couldn't have been in there for more than a minute or two, maybe three, but no sooner he was inside than the Inquisition arrived, ready to arrest him.
alkas.jpg
What was he doing inside?
guard.jpg
I do not know! But when they realized he was inside, the Inquisition was furious. They questioned me about what he had done inside, but I had seen nothing, I knew nothing! Thankfully, they believed me, but sentenced me here as punishment... all for granting that heretic a moment of time. More fool I for trusting him - or anyone who follows magic.
alkas.jpg
Magic is not to blame for your punishment, friend. I think your anger would be directed better elsewhere.
guard.jpg
Eh? By God, why am I even talking to you? Off with you and don't trouble me again!
alkas.jpg
Very well. Goodbye.
:rpgcodex: Methinks we should investigate that Observatory of his. Could be something important inside.
alkas.jpg
Yes, indeed. Signor Leo needs that Lens as well. But first...let's visit our old friend.
02.jpg

alkas.jpg
Hey, stop that!

The madman lunged at me, arms reaching for my neck. I wasn't about to let him do that. My blade sliced his chest open. Dropping him in a bloody heap.

03.jpg

alkas.jpg
Fool.

Later, at Choi's...

04.jpg

alkas.jpg
You wouldn't happen to have a Wind Scroll would you?
choi.jpg
You must understand, I have but a single Wind scroll. I can only sell it to my most valued customers.
alkas.jpg
Say no more, my friend. I have a few rare books right here.

Choi flips through the pages of the old books and beamed in approval. He hands me pouch full of gold and pulls out a stash of his premium goods for display.

choi.jpg
Many thanks, spirit bearer. In return, let me show you some special items.
05.jpg

It is a pity that most of these items are out of my means right now.

At Eduardo's shop...

06.jpg

alkas.jpg
DaVinci has asked me to speak with you about the Red Ore for Cortes' mechanical arm.
edu.jpg
I used to keep a supply of Red Ore, but with all these thieves and beggars about the Barcelona streets, I do not keep any on hand. It is too rare and precious... and, of course, expensive... to risk it. Every time I need some, I send a runner down to the Sewers. The Lava Trolls down there have some.
:rpgcodex: Wow, I get to meet my relatives!
edu.jpg
Perhaps you can buy some from them... or take it from them if you have to.
alkas.jpg
Negotiation may be best - I wouldn't want to damage your business relationship.
edu.jpg
If you can negotiate with them, that is fine. Those creatures have never hesitated to cheat on me on many occasions, so do what you must if your friend... Cortes, is it? ...is in great need... but if you can do so peacably, then that would best for all.
alkas.jpg
I will go see these lava trolls, then. Right after I browse your ware.
07.jpg

Most of the armor pieces aren't impressive, but the Bastard Sword is a good upgrade to my current weapon. I sold my old sabre for the new piece.

Later, outside the city walls...

08.jpg

alkas.jpg
I have a message from Ali Huban.
amir.jpg
So you tracked down that rascal then? Ali has been in this city for some time, although his colored reputation occasionally forces him to assume different personas. I should have suspected that he would hide in the garb of a woman, he was always a bit, ah, perhaps I will tell you another time. Let us see what he has written in his note...

Amir carefully unfolds the parchment.

amir.jpg
Hmm. Yes. Good, he has found them!
alkas.jpg
Who?
amir.jpg
When we first arrived here a few days ago, a group of thieves stole a priceless gem from my tent. I suspect these thieves still have not grasped the powers in the gem, or we would have heard about their deaths.

Amir stops speaking, and appears to contemplate something for a few moments before continuing.

amir.jpg
Hmmm. Yes, yes, I have decided on your second task. It will do nicely.
alkas.jpg
What is it?
amir.jpg
According to Ali, there is a group of petty slavers, operating somewhere in the wilderness and he believes they have hidden the Shard of Dreams within their lair. I would ask that you track them down and recover the Shard. It is an invaluable treasure that is sacred to our Order. You may punish the thieves responsible for the theft if you wish, but you must return when you have recovered the Shard.
alkas.jpg
I will find these slavers and recover the shard.
amir.jpg
Farewell then, and may the Prophet guide you.

Later, at the Port District...

09.jpg

alkas.jpg
Captain, I have the scroll you wanted.
isa.jpg
Ah, muchas gracias. This magic could help save the lives of many brave Spanish sailors. For your reward, I can compensate you with Spanish gold.
alkas.jpg
Thanks, I take my leave.
:rpgcodex: Where to now, errand boy?
alkas.jpg
I suppose we should locate the entrance to the sewers. The Lava trolls have made their home somewhere down there.

A little bit of searching later, and I finally located an entrance of sorts...but a panicked child caught my attention.

10.jpg

alkas.jpg
What's the matter child?
mari.jpg
My brother, Tomas, he is lost in the sewers! He hasn't come out for hours! Please help him. Por favor!
alkas.jpg
Did he went through this grate?
mari.jpg
Yes. Will you help?
alkas.jpg
First child, tell me your name.
mari.jpg
I'm Marisol, but... but, please, my brother might be hurt. Someone must help him.
alkas.jpg
Don't worry, I'll find your brother.
mari.jpg
Gracias! Thank you so much! Please, hurry if you would, I fear that he is hurt.
:rpgcodex: I don't think that kid would live long. Not in this kind of neighbourhood, he wont.
alkas.jpg
We still have to try.

Taking a deep breath, I descend into the open grille into the sewers below.

11.jpg

alkas.jpg
Hmmm. Stinks down here.
12.jpg

13.jpg

alkas.jpg
Ugh.
:rpgcodex: And we're off to a good start.
alkas.jpg
Wait, did you hear that?

A sound of fighting just ahead. I could make out several men fighting with...a manner of beastmen perhaps?

14.jpg

The men lost, the lone surviving beastman mourned his companion's death while speaking in common tongue!

15.jpg

He scurries away into one unseen corner. I gripped my blade tightly and advanced forward. Only to be jumped by another shadow. A man in tattered clothes.

16.jpg

alkas.jpg
Wait..who are you?
beg.jpg
My name is not important. All you need to know is that the thieves have declared war on the beggars, there can be no bystanders down here. Where do you stand?
alkas.jpg
Fine, I'm on your side. I'm not a thief.
beg.jpg
Wise choice, friend. You may pass through these corridors without fear from the beggars. However, the vodyanoi may not treat you so nicely. Oh, and all new members are required to speak with Enrique. You should find him as soon as you can. He's around here somewhere. Take care, and maybe I'll see you around.
alkas.jpg
Right. Time to explore and find that missing child.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
:thumbsup:

great stuff. I hope you'll make it to the end, I dropped it after Barcelona.

marooned

Liturgist
I'm reading with interest. I never played the game but looks interesting so far. I like the graphics but that interface is ugly as hell.

RK47

Patron
08 - Hack and Slash
01.jpg

One-handed melee to - 66

02.jpg

Tiny increments to Diplomacy - 70

03.jpg

The rest goes to Protective Thought Magic - 72

alkas.jpg
Alright, good to go!
04.jpg

The vodyanoi never posed much of a challenge, if anything they're simply sword practice. After butchering a dozen of them I found a path to the north.

05.jpg

06.jpg

alkas.jpg
Looks like it leads to another district. But I need to find that child. So back I go.

Heading to the western sewers, I seem to have stumbled upon the enclave of bandits, who did not hesitate to fire their arrows and setting their attack dogs loose. I bring up my protective magic before charging in, sword raised.

07.jpg

08.jpg

alkas.jpg
Looks like a passage down. Perhaps they've kidnapped that child.

Down we go...

09.jpg

To the west, a locked door bar my path. My picks are of no use.

10.jpg

I continue northwards, battling several vodyanois, looting a lone chest for potions and spare gear.

11.jpg

As I turned to leave, I could see a strange light coming from the bricks behind me...

12.jpg

alkas.jpg
Hmm.

13.jpg

alkas.jpg
Aha! A treasury room of some kind!

The lone guard did not expect me to find it and falls easily.

14.jpg

I cleaned them out, but no sign of the missing child. It's time to go deeper.

15.jpg

A rope bridge, to the left I could see a lone knight lying unconscious. I will try to make it to him.

16.jpg

I've problems of my own.

17.jpg

That attack took a lot of out me, I spent most of my spiritual energy to heal the wounds I've received.

18.jpg

As I slay another thief, another fencer greets me from the shadows. I was only too glad to purchase some healing potions from him.

19.jpg

Deeper still, I fought a woman who might hold a position of importance in the thieves' guild. No matter, she now lies in a powerless position, dead from her wounds.

20.jpg

A half dozen bodies later, I finally reached my goal. The templar.

alkas.jpg
Are you alright? Can you stand?
21.jpg

alkas.jpg
Sure, come with me. I know the way.
tem.jpg
Excellent, we shall destroy those filthy thieves.

I decide not to risk it and bring him back to the northern exit first. I've no idea of his wounds, and would prefer not to let a templar die under my watch.

22.jpg

alkas.jpg
Come, let's head back up.
23.jpg

alkas.jpg
Then I must return to the sewers.
tem.jpg
You seek to hunt those thieves down?
alkas.jpg
No. I merely seek a missing child.
tem.jpg
Ah, best of luck to you. I owe you my life.

I returned to the thieves' abode and search the area carefully for any hidden traps and doors. I found one.

24.jpg

A passage leading down.

25.jpg

Nowhere to hide, scum.

26.jpg

They put up a desperate fight.

27.jpg

I had to employ potions and all the tools at my disposal.

28.jpg

They were no match to my magic and blade.

29.jpg

alkas.jpg
No sign of the missing child still.
:rpgcodex: Who cares?! You just leveled up man!
alkas.jpg
Ah, that's good. One sec, let me loot these chests.

Lots of items, but the most interesting of all is this.

30.jpg

How does it exactly work? Good question, let's give it a try later.

Time to level up.

31.jpg

Among all level 5 perks, Educated has to be the automatic choice for any character. It is like a free +2 INT worth of bonus. It only takes effect on the next level up, though, and 5th level is the earliest you can take it.

32.jpg

One-handed Melee increased to 70.

33.jpg

Speech increased to 74.

34.jpg

Protective Thought Magic to 86 - it finally unlocks the Halo of Fire. It's not much at low level, but keep increasing the magic school and suddenly it has lingering damage over time. At 80 mana cost, this isn't worth casting when facing weaker creatures, so we leave it for mid to late game challenges.

Let's go over our protective magic spell choices:

Tier 1 - Magical Shield
35.jpg

Cheap and reliable. AC increment is good. Resistance is a % based reduction, while Threshold is a flat damage reduction. Suppose you are hit for 5 slashing, you receive 4 instead. I always throw this up before most fighting. Lasts a good long time too. Hint: If you combine that Regenerative Damage with a high Threshold - you might regenerate more damage than you take. :mondblut:

Tier 2 - Poison Ring
36.jpg

Worthless. Too unreliable and costs too much. I rather cast four fire bolt (40 mana) to hit 4 opponents or summon a Frost Halo (40 mana) to risk no mana loss.

Tier 3 - Halo of Frost
37.jpg

Earliest crowd damage aura spell. Very, very reliable. Will be replaced by Halo of Fire at late game, but still a cheaper alternative to the Tier 4 aura. (50% less!)

RK47

Patron
09 - Got Trolled
Sorry for the delays in update, I've been...busy with anime of late. Right, let's rejoin our adventure in the goddamn sewers. This is where the game throws a lot of combat content, while ramping up the challenge bit by bit, letting the starting characters get up to speed with their builds, earn enough gold for upgrades and potions.

01.jpg

alkas.jpg
We've cleared the thieves hideout of any scum, but still no sign of the missing child.
:rpgcodex: Look, maybe she lied to you. Maybe there is no missing kid.
alkas.jpg
I sure hope not. Either way, let's finish exploring this section of the sewers.

02.jpg

Only a tiny section remain unexplored, they contain mostly undead. Naturally, I slay them for practice and loot.

03.jpg

Among the prize is a magical long sword that releases acid. A clear winner when compared with my mundane bastard sword. Finding nothing else of interest, I returned to the surface after competing yet another level of training.

04.jpg

05.jpg

07.jpg

Clearly we must have missed some parts of the sewers. A closer exploration of the wererats region (who are surprisingly docile) revealed a passage to the northeastern parts of the sewers.

08.jpg

09.jpg

alkas.jpg
I hope we don't find more terrible monsters about...
:rpgcodex: Considering you're about to meet my lava cousins, I think you're headed for exactly that.

We explored the depths thoroughly under the watchful eyes of the were-rats. They have not attacked... Is then I encountered a beggar who smiled at my approach.

10.jpg

alkas.jpg
Hm. Why not, here. Have a gold coin.
beggar.jpg
Thank you! Your kindness is very much appreciated. I wish there were more like you around this town, stranger. Say, is there anything I can do for you?
:rpgcodex: Can't you ask him about the missing kid?
alkas.jpg
No, there's no dialogue option for that.
:rpgcodex: Oh, for fuck's sake.
alkas.jpg
What kind of beggar knows everyone?
beggar.jpg
Why, a good one of course! I make it my business to know everyone - and whether or not they are loose with their purse strings. My 'friends' and I keep in close contact, so I don't know someone, I at least know of them. You, I've never heard of. Are you with the Inquisition?
alkas.jpg
No, I am not, why?
beggar.jpg
Excellent, because I cannot stand Inquisitors. We would have ended this conversation right then, had you said yes.
:rpgcodex: A commendable attempt at C&C, but a simple load game would've nullified that. And...we could always help you for EXP and gold THEN kill you for more EXP and Gold. Off screen of course, to preserve the artistic integrity of this LP.
alkas.jpg
Are you done ruining this LP?
beggar.jpg
Uhhh...who are you speaking with? No matter, are you interested in helping me out?
alkas.jpg
Yes, of course. What do you need?
beggar.jpg
Well, there is a band of thieves led by a woman called Juanita Suarez. Argh, what a witch! She will not stop leading her men against us! They've even killed a few of us. This is making my 'friends' uncomfortable and some are starting to doubt my leadership abilities.
alkas.jpg
Uh...we already killed her...and scores of her men too.
:rpgcodex: Lulz. Classic RPG.
beggar.jpg
Indeed? This is wonderful news! Thank you! Now, one of the more fearsome thieves carries with him a short sword that he stole from me. Now that he has it, he seems to particularly enjoy using it against us. If you can bring me that short sword, I will make it worth your while.
:rpgcodex: It must be that Short Sword that you can't sell to the shop, man. Phew. So glad the merchants won't take it.
alkas.jpg
Is this the short sword you're talking about?
beggar.jpg
Why yes it is! Thank you. Here, take this as token of my appreciation. I feel so much safer now with both Juanita and her men dead. Let me reward you by giving you a tip - I overheard that there is something valuable being held at the local Inquisition quarters, a treasured chalice, I believe. I will pay you a fine price if you steal it from them!
alkas.jpg
Down with the Inquisition, my friend.

I bade farewell to my beggar friend, and proceed to explore the entirety of this level.

11.jpg

I stopped at the north-western section.

12.jpg

alkas.jpg
Now that's odd. Lots of dead bodies. There's a passage to the north...
:rpgcodex: Trouble lies ahead, might wanna save game...

I descend deeper into the northern opening...noticing the rising temperature as I take further step within.

13.jpg

:rpgcodex: Sup, bro.
alkas.jpg
I come in peace. Eduardo said I should speak to you about Red Ore.
:x We trust Eduardo no more. We no trust no one. Too many dead trolls. Wererats sneaky. Leave or face problem.
alkas.jpg
But I-

The growl from the massive creature signals the end of discussion. End of Line.

alkas.jpg
I can't believe this. We need the Red Ore. And I have to fight these creatures just to get them?
:rpgcodex: Face it friend, you got trolled. This is just one of those shitty quests. Don't take unnecessary risk...I suggest we-
alkas.jpg
On guard, troll!
14.jpg

The moment I stepped in with my Frost of Halo, he beast's massive leg slams hard onto the floor, summoning intense heat on the floor. I won't survive this heat for long.

:rpgcodex: May I suggest some potion of Fire Resistance?

A few lucky blows landed on the massive creature, and finally its resistance crumbled.

15.jpg

But I knew that the spirit is right. I cannot win without much preparation.

16.jpg

The corpses of the fallen within the Troll's lair is a grim reminder of what will happen to the unprepared. Determined to return - I cast another glance back before making my way back up to the streets.

17.jpg

alkas.jpg
No..but I won't stop till he is found, child.

First, I stopped at Weng Choi's...

18.jpg

Followed by Quinn's herbal shop.

19.jpg

A sizeable amount was spent and I've acquired half a dozen healing potions plus a few choice scrolls of fire protection. It's time.

marooned

Liturgist
These short videos are pretty cool for showing the dynamic of the combat.

And scrolls of fire protection in a troll cave? it's like finding stakes in a vampire lair all over again.

Texas Red

Whiner
RK47, thank you so much for this LP. I have been searching for a screenshot format LP for years with no success.

How do the different spirits affect the gameplay?

You've mentioned that you've played 5 times through it. What makes you come back? Are the rumours of the horribleness exaggerated? Are there some good moments after Barcelona?

Also, what are the different races and how do they affect the game?

RK47

Patron
How do the different spirits affect the gameplay?

Different spirits matter little.
The Divine Spirit gives +1 to all Divine Magic (Voiced by Jennifer Hale)
The Tribal Spirit gives +1 to all Tribal Magic (Voiced by Mr.'You must gather your party before venturing forth')
and so forth.

In a way, they do provide some flavor conversation at some points of the game with Good, Neutral, Sarcastic being the tone of each respective spirit. (I'm sure you know who is which)

You've mentioned that you've played 5 times through it. What makes you come back?

I liked it a lot I guess, but I'm not sure how to explain why I feel that way. I do consider the game 'very challenging' the first time I tried it and could not finish back when it was released. I tried many builds, but could not figure it out. So every year, I'd reinstall the game to try again and again, give up etc. Till maybe sometime 2-3 years ago where I finally broke through with some combination of powergaming.

Are the rumours of the horribleness exaggerated?

Yes, perhaps? Different people have different standards, but I like the game enough to forgive the drawbacks but let's see:
-Bad UI size. Taking up 40% of the screen space. HUGE inventory icons for no good reason. At least the font is readable.
-One dimensional combat. Either you found a good skill combination or you die many, many times with the wrong build. I literally wasted hours in this game running from fights I couldn't win only to realize upon reaching the 'boss fight' that I must defeat, I've not enough stats nor gear to overcome it.
-Loot is pretty random and bland. Heck, some tips I've read recommended I quick save before opening a chest.
-Badly balanced quest rewards. There are some non-combat quests that gave whopping XP rewards while some combat ones with vague direction (Missing child is guilty of this completely) offer very little reward in completion. (I'll let you guess how much I'd get from rescuing the kid. It'll shock you.)
-Overload on combat content after leaving Barcelona I don't know if they ran out of time, but quality of content dropped tremendously. You'll experience combat 75% of the time after Barca arc is completed. And that's why a lot of ppl quit out of frustration.
- All in all, it's a very average game that doesn't impress people much. It's like Diablo 1 (EMPHASIS ON ONE, the second Diablo is too good to compare with this bland combat design) with some non combat interaction and quest completion. Even stealthing around enemies gives EXP!

Are there some good moments after Barcelona?
Yes! There are. But I won't spoil it. If I remember it right there will be 2 more non-combat hubs after Barca, each is quite finely done, but smaller in scope.

Also, what are the different races and how do they affect the game?
Humans are banal, shit, boring.
Sylvant, Ferals, Demokins have excellent perks that gives advantages and disadvantages. I'll show it sometime later.
Let's just say Feralkin (my current choice) has good fighter perks which I definitely will take advantage of.

RK47

Patron
Ok, Lunch break at work.

Credit to fallout wiki for the nice table detailing most of the racial traits you can pick at the start.

Demokin

Demokin_Male.jpg

Description taken from GameBanshee:
The taint of a fiendish or impish spirit affects the bloodline of a demokin. They tend to exhibit some signs of their heritage, but can sometimes hide the small horns or pointed ears from the casual observer. They have a heightened magical affinity compared with purebloods, but are not as magically inclined as the sylvant.
Demokin traits (You can only pick ONE or NONE at all)
Demokin has a decent offensive and defensive traits that are kinda unique to them. Some are decent, and some are just poor trade due to the flaws that come with the package. Take a look:

Acid Blood
+ Every 10 damage taken by you will deal 1 damage back to the attacker
- 5% penalty to both Crushing & Slashing Resistance
Comment: Not that great. You'll spend most of the time getting hit anyway, but 1 damage is pitiful compared to the Halo of Frost / Flame.

Blood Talons
+ 1 Damage bonus to Unarmed damage & +8 to Unarmed Skill
- 8 Penalty to Ranged & Lockpicking skill
Comment: Probably the best unarmed trait out there. It's not big, but noticeable.

Demonic Frenzy
+ 1 Strength
+ 15 One Handed Melee
- 1 INT & CHA
Comment: Is this worth it? Debatable. You WILL hit level 15 and beyond, that One Hand Melee bonus might seem sizable at the start, but penalizes you on the long run. You trade 2 SPECIAL for 1 SPECIAL bonus. Not worth it.

Diabloism
+ Mana Cost for casting Thought Spells decreased by 10%
- Mana Cost for casting Divine Spells increased by 10%
Comment: Not a bad trade. You'll be using low level Divine spells anyway and focusing on Thought if you pick this trait. Best Demonkin trait IMO.

Forked Tongue
+15 Speech
-5 All Combat Skills (1HM, 2HM, Evasion, Ranged etc)
Comment: Worth it. You lost 10 Combat skill (You'll only use one weapon type and Evasion) for 15 Non-Combat Skill.

Infernal Quickness
+10% Movement Speed
- 1 PER
Comment: Never tried this before, but I suppose it's good for a Ranged character, but PER gives bonus to Ranged attacks. The quicker you move, the better you kite, I suppose. Also, PER affects mana capacity.

Lucky Devil
+1 LUK
-15 Speech
Comment: HORRIBLE. Do not want.

Scaly Hide
+ 5 AC
+ 5 Pierce Resistance
+ 10 Fire Resistance
- 1 CHA
Comment: Looks like a good deal to me.

Shroud of Darkness
+20 Sneak
+5 AC
- 1 PER
Comment: Laughable.

Vampiric Fury
+ Every 10 damage dealt to enemy gives 1 HP back to you.
- Healing Spell & Potions are only half as effective to you.
Comment: Very bad trade. You can drink potion and gain more than 10 HP instantly.

Conclusion:
For me, I'd pick either Diabloism or Forked Tongue. These are the traits with no penalties in the long run.

RK47

Patron
Sylvant
sylvant.jpg

Source: Gamebanshee
The sylvant come from a bloodline which has been tainted by or contains an elemental spirit. Since sylvants tend to rely on their heightened ability to wield magic they are often physically weaker than the other races. Because of their highly magical nature, it is essentially impossible for a sylvant to pass among purebloods undetected.

If you want to cast spells / play ranged, Sylvant is the best choice. I find their traits are pretty effective, let's see what they've got.

Bond of Nature
Your magical connection to the Earth is exceptionally strong. So strong in fact, that casting Tribal Magic spells is easier.
+ Tribal Magic costs 10% less mana to cast
- Divine Magic costs 10% more mana to cast
Comment: Well, if you want to use Tribal Magic, be my guess. But IMO Tribal magic is kinda shit.

Dark Gift
Your family line has been touched by the Dark Beyond. This closeness to the dark side gives you a deeper understanding of others. However, your dark affinity has separated you from some magical presence.
+ 15 Speech
- Thought Magic costs 10% more mana to cast
Comment: Seems OK to me.

Earth Ancestry
Your skin is crusted over with Earthen stone and your hands are as hard as rock.
+2 Unarmed damage
- 10% movement rate
Comment: No. Fucking. Way. By late game you'll be wearing armor that slows you down plus the large shields to block the ranged attacks. Good luck making it to melee range with -30% movement penalty.

Fiery Ancestry / Frost Ancestry
One of your parents passed down fire elemental traits to you. Elemental magic exudes from you.
+ 10% Fire damage
+ 20 Fire resist
- 10% Cold damage
- 20 Cold resist
Comment: Well...if you want to cast flame all day long..this is it. Frost Ancestry, flips the bonus/penalties.

Gossamer Skin
Your skin is very fair, almost translucent. However, your skin is more vulnerable to attack, so you take more damage against slashing weapons.
+ 15 Sneak
- 10 Slashing Resistance
Comment: Worthless.

Polyelemental Ancestry
Your family has been tainted by multiple elemental spirits throughout the years, mixing powers and passing down various abilities.
+ 10 Acid, Cold Disease, Electrical, Fire, and Poison Resistance
- 5 Crushing, Piercing, and Slashing Resistance.
Comment: Hardly worth it. 75% of the enemies use physical attacks.

Skin of Thorns
Thorny growths erupt from your body at odd angles and in uncomfortable places. Luckily, these thorns break off and grow back easily and give anyone that attacks you a face full of pain.
+10% of all Physical damage is returned to the attacker.
+10% Crushing, Piercing, and Slashing Resistance.
- 1 CHA
- 10% Acid, Cold, Disease, Electrical, Fire and Poison Resistance
Comment: Without doubt, the best Sylvant trait ever. To hell with Demokin's Acid Blood, this lets Sylvant to get in to melee range and deal additional pain. It even scales with higher damage!

Storm of Arrows
The introduction of a storm spirit into your family line has given you lightning fast reflexes and incredible hand-eye coordination.
+3 Ranged Damage.
- 10% Crushing & Slashing Resistance
Comment: Best Ranged Trait ever.

Wind Ancestry
The taint of a wind elemental in your blood grants you swiftness.
+ 1 AGI
+ 10 AC
- 1 STR
- 20 Carrying Capacity
Comment: Decent trade. But I'd still take Storm of Arrows / Skin of Thorns over this.

Conclusion: Sylvants are probably best ranged attacker. But Skin of Thorns can make them effective in melee as well.

RK47

Patron
10 - Cortes' Arm

The dead lava troll master guarded a massive chest. It's not locked.

01.jpg

alkas.jpg
At last. Some red ore. Hey, what's this?

I can faintly hear a voice behind the wall... like a crying of a child.

02.jpg

Tapping the wall for clues, I finally come across the brick switch to press against. Revealing a passage behind, and a very terrified boy.

03.jpg

alkas.jpg
Come, your sister is waiting for you.

No second invitation needed, the boy sprints to the surface. No sight of him remains when I caught up to the surface.

04.jpg

:rpgcodex: That must've been worth quite a lot of EXP.
alkas.jpg
Well. I got 200 EXP.
:rpgcodex: ....seriously? That's it?
alkas.jpg
Yeah, I think we got trolled. Still, I've got the ore.

And that's not all either, the large amount of vodyanoi skulls we collected can actually be sold for a good price to a merchant, if you have good barter skill.

05.jpg

alkas.jpg
A fishmonger with no fish? What happened?
mer.jpg
Ravenous creatures have floated in with the tides, devouring most of the fish of the ocean and rivers around Barcelona.
alkas.jpg
What are these creatures?
mer.jpg
Their name is foreign to me - it sounds like 'vod-ya-noy', but whatever the name, it's a monstrous breed to be sure. They have almost destroyed the fishing sites around the city. Those floating vermin have ruined my life, forcing me to find a new business.
alkas.jpg
What is this new business?
mer.jpg
I carve scrimshaw from the skulls of these aquatic beasts. If you happen to defeat one of those monsters, I would be more than happy to pay you well for the skull, say twenty five per.
alkas.jpg
I have some skulls. But it is obtained at great risk. Surely you could offer more?
mer.jpg
A point well taken, those creatures can be difficult to slay. Very well, I'll offer fifty gold per head. Deal?
alkas.jpg
You have a deal. Here is the head.

If you sold quite a number of skulls, he'll stop paying so much due to 'oversupply' and offers just 10 gold a piece. A successful barter check can bump it up to 25 permanently. This is a good source of income for early game. With the red ore in hand, we return to Eduardo.

06.jpg

alkas.jpg
Here is some red ore. Can you use it to complete Cortes' mechanical arm?
edu.jpg
Excellent! I will get right to it. Now, where did I put those sketches...

Time passes, the heat of the furnace rise and fall along with it. Finally, the clanging of metals stopped.

edu.jpg
Well, those were very complex designs, but I believe I have done them justice. I am not known as the best Blacksmith in Barcelona for nothing! Now, just take these to Davinci and he'll assemble them for you.
alkas.jpg
Thank you, Eduardo.
edu.jpg
Claro! Claro! But please, return again if you are in need of the finest steel in Barcelona. And if not you, send your friends... Eduardo's open to all!

I return to Davinci's workshop, parts in hand.

07.jpg

alkas.jpg
Here are the parts you need. Can you assemble it now?
leo.jpg
Wonderful!There! It is complete.

Signor Leo only needed a few moments to snap the parts together, assembling the arm. The joints appear sturdy yet too unwieldy to replace a real arm completely, but I'm sure Signor Leo knows what he is doing.

Cortes' eyes brightens at my return..

08.jpg

alkas.jpg
Cortes, I will help you retrieve this treasure, but I demand an even share.
cor.jpg
Perhaps Senor Shylocke has taught his famous bargaining skills, eh? I am thankful for your aid and have little choice but to accept your difficult terms. We should leave soon and begin our quest.

Cortes joined the party.
1500 EXP Gained.
Leveled up.

09.jpg

Increasing thought magic further finally unlocks the ultimate protection spell : Mana Shield. Its high cost makes usage restrictive, but with a good supply of mana orb or potion, this will prove handy in surviving highly damaging assaults.

10.jpg

It's time we leave the safety of Barcelona in search of Cortes' hidden treasure.

RK47

Patron
11 - Outside the City
We've fought wolves so far, but all signs point to more fights outside the city. A lone guard stood on the crossroads of Barcelona who readies his sword upon our approach.

11.jpg

alkas.jpg
What are you guarding against?
tem.jpg
Many dangers are about, the forest is no longer safe.
alkas.jpg
Tell me more.
tem.jpg
While the roads are usually safe, packs of wolves prey on unwary travelers that stray into the forest. Goblins and other monsters are growing bolder, attacking day and night. Also, a gang of vicious thieves still operates within these woods.
alkas.jpg
Goblins you say?
tem.jpg
Dios mio, the goblins... so many of those filthy creatures infest the forest - we slaughter them by the droves, but they still come to attack our citizens. Lately they have grown even bolder than usual, sending their fiendish scouts close to the walls of Nueva Barcelona itself.
alkas.jpg
Perhaps I could help you with your goblin troubles?
tem.jpg
Hmm. Yes, perhaps we could arrange a deal that would benefit us both - you deal with the goblins and I help fill your empty coinpurse.
alkas.jpg
What needs to be done?
tem.jpg
I would pay handsomely if you eliminate the menace from the wilderness. Agreed?
:rpgcodex: That is such a vague deal.
alkas.jpg
I'll do it.
tem.jpg
Excellent! Your help is a godsend. I pray that you are successful.
cor.jpg
Friend, did you hear that?

No sooner Cortes spoke, a band of goblins emerge from the forest, attacking us with wild abandon.

12.jpg

alkas.jpg
Pests!

Esteban and Cortes fought well. We beat back the attackers with no problem. Esteban scans his surrounding before relaxing his guard.

13.jpg

14.jpg

The wolves are no threat really. It might be an issue if we ventured out of town earlier, but not now. We detected a small group encamped just to the south. It must be the bandits.

12a.jpg

15.jpg

alkas.jpg
Sir Esteban asked me to deal with you.
16.jpg

alkas.jpg
You and I are both of tainted blood. You should not prey on your kin.
ram.jpg
So I see. Your blood courses with the taint of magic, like a thousand other poor fools. Why should that stop me from taking your gold?
alkas.jpg
If we prey on each other, then those that persecute us have won.

The bandit leader gave pause and thinks on my choice of words carefully. Perhaps he has suffered before...and only sought to protect himself and his kind. And the line has blurred somewhat over time. Whatever it is, it seemed to have influenced him greatly.

ram.jpg
What you say makes sense. At the least, I shall leave this area, at best, perhaps dedicate my energies to helping my kind. You can tell Esteban that Ramon the Laughing Bandit will trouble his roads no more.
alkas.jpg
I am glad to hear that. Farewell.

Satisfied with the resolution, both I and Cortes continue our journey southwards.

17.jpg

As we follow the coasts, more vodyanois appear. Nothing more than a hinderance. Their skulls will turn into a pile of gold in my purse.

18.jpg

It was not until we reached a small wrecked boat that I noticed a floating shape, hovering just above the sands.

19.jpg

cor.jpg
Evil spirit! We must vanquish it!
alkas.jpg
No. Wait.
20.jpg

:rpgcodex: Obviously the sword icon would initiate combat - durrr.
alkas.jpg
Wait, why do you think I am a killer?
cap.jpg
Murderer! You stabbed me and threw me in the ocean where the sharks had their way with me! Betrayer, I will have vengeance.
alkas.jpg
I am not your murderer.
cap.jpg
You say you did not murder Captain Morales? Perhaps not, maybe you can help me then? The murder has scarred my soul, so I am bound to this world, unable to pass on until the wrong is righted.
alkas.jpg
Tell me what happened, perhaps I can help.
cap.jpg
A month ago, we sailed toward the port of Barcelona. It was late evening, and I still remember the bright moon and the strong winds while on the top deck. I did not hear the assailant until it was too late, when the long dagger stabbed through my back and pierced my heart. Although I could not see the face of my murderer, there was another on deck...
alkas.jpg
There was a witness?
cap.jpg
Yes, there was a witness to the crime. One of the crewmembers was ascending the stairs from below deck just as the killer stabbed me. It was dark, so I did not see which crewmember it was, but I'm fairly sure the killer also saw the witness. You are the first to show interest in my plight, so I ask again for your aid.
alkas.jpg
Perhaps your ship is still docked at the Barcelona Port. I will investigate to see if I can track down the killer.
cap.jpg
I would be eternally grateful if you end my pain. Return when you have learned the identity of my murderer.
cor.jpg
I heard Captain Morales is a good man, respected by his crew, I wonder who wanted him dead.
alkas.jpg
An English assassin perhaps? Whoever it is, it must be one of the crew. We'll investigate the matter further once we return to Barcelona.

While exploring the southern parts, I stumbled upon a large group of goblins.

21.jpg

Correction: A very, very large group of goblins.

:rpgcodex: This would've been the end of our awesome hero, if it wasn't for the button of awesome.

In a hindsight, I should've been more careful and peeled a few of them back a couple of times. But there's still hope of recovering from this setback. Simply, pause the game.

22.jpg

:rpgcodex: And drink your potions. Yep. Consuming potions is a free action.

Seven bottles of healing later...

23.jpg

alkas.jpg
That's the last of them...what are they protecting?

A massive red crystal, surely magical in nature. Is this one of the Waystones I'm supposed to seek?

To be continued-

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Cortes' hidden treasure...

...is closer than you think, mi amigo....

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom