Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Let's Play Kudos 2

handup

Educated
Sims is popamole.
Kudos2_2014_06_05_17_16_08_08.png

Kudos 2 is the exact same game as Kudos 1 which is another game that pretty much nobody played. The only improvement is the art, but considering the first game's 3d models game me nightmares, pretty much anything is an improvement. Both games, together with others, such as democracy 1,2 and 3 and Gratuitous [something] Battles, were designed and coded Positech Entertainment, which is just one guy in his basement.
Kudos2_2014_06_05_17_31_09_92.png

It is a life-sim, much like the Princess Maker games, where you have to manage the time of a character, get him a job, manage his mood etc.

I will be doing a Let's Play of it, but before that the Codex needs some stuff decided.
Firstly, you guys need to vote on who our main character will be. I can just go with Average Codexer over there, but I thought it would be more fun for you guys if you could have someone concrete to mock.

Secondly there is the issue of:
Kudos2_2014_06_05_17_23_48_61.png

Is the Codex for fags, or is it not?

Thirdly, everyone who posts in this forum will be modded in as one of the main character's friends and/or fuckbuddies. If you get butthurt about being fucked in the ass in a videogame, you might not wanna post here. The only exception to this rule is if you've already been chosen as the Main Character. You guys will still have vote for most of what the MC will do, so at least, if there's gonna be any rape, it will be tasteful gangbang. (Disclaimer: There is actually almost no sexual content in this game. You do get some smooching noises in the background when going on dates, but that's pretty much it.)

Meanwhile, I'll be posting Chapter 0, where I explain the mechanics. Keep Kool, Kodex.

Tigranes

Arcane
The MC can only be Cleve. Nobody else in this place is alpha enough to be the PROTAGONIST. (Infinitron, for example, is only suited for the babbling, Googling, bespectaled walking-encyclopedia sidekick.)

handup

Educated
Mechanics explained.
Kudos2_2014_06_05_17_31_16_84.png

It is our Codexer's 20th Birthday. Due to, perhaps, playing too many RPGs she hasn't done much with her life other than get a job as a waitress and an operation. But now we're at the helm. We saved Surf Solar (kinda) from being an Omega Turbodweeb and we'll save this one, too.
Kudos2_2014_06_05_17_32_13_37.png

Everyday she writes in her journal how work and communing has been (the notebook on the left). On the right is her stat sheet. While her work has been stressful and tiring, the extra tips raised her happiness and due to the fact that she walks to work instead of taking a bus she gained fitness also. Everyday there are about 5 paragraphs likethis and they are all boring and say the same stuff, except with the numbers occasionally changing.
Kudos2_2014_06_05_17_32_23_55.png

She has four friends in total. The one she is sexually attracted to the most is Annette Vargas. She is a pessimist with an interest in videogames and alcohol. Needless to say we love her.
Kudos2_2014_06_05_17_32_32_17.png

This is Angela Riley. She is entertaining and optimistic and also is interested in conversation, sports and culture raising activities such as going to the museum or theatre. We hate her guts.
Kudos2_2014_06_05_17_33_28_31.png

Everyday we can choose between enrolling and going to a course, spending time alone, going on an outing, or looking for a job.
Kudos2_2014_06_05_17_33_50_65.png

The types of classes are:
-performing arts (acting singing dancing)
-medicine
-law
-science (biology, physics and chemistry first with chances to branch out later)
-general (cooking ,kung fu, driving, but also programming and general it skills)
Kudos2_2014_06_05_17_33_56_45.png

The stuff you do alone are generally only maintenance stuff like having a bath, cleaning your home, going jogging to stay healthy, having a nap so you stop being sober, go shopping etc. But, once you buy some stuff you can start reading books, solving crosswords, watching tv and even playing videogames, hell yeah!
Kudos2_2014_06_05_17_34_04_99.png

The stuff you do socially is almost always better for your character than what you do alone, however they almost always cost money and are subject to the whims of your friends. For example, I would love to go to the museum, but the only person going is Anne, who we've decided is a total bitch.
Kudos2_2014_06_05_17_35_50_15.png

Last, but not least, there's the Job Search option. I assume you can sorta guess from the icons what jobs there are. Each category of jobs has around 10 possible choices, each with its own prerequisites and after that you need to go to the interview, where you need to sober (I know!), confident, healthy and not totally depressed.
Kudos2_2014_06_05_17_36_14_68.png

But oh, it seems someone is calling me. Ah, Joe wants me to go to his birthday and drink some beers with him. Well tough luck, I would never do anything disgusting as getting drunk with two men; might as well wear a T-shirt with "rape me" written on it. No thanks. :rpgcodex:
Kudos2_2014_06_05_17_36_37_61.png

Instead we go shopping. Well, we ain't buying the console, all the more of there are games with ponies in it eugh.
Kudos2_2014_06_05_17_36_57_24.png

And the Laptop is way too expensive. Aww, why :(
Kudos2_2014_06_05_17_37_38_05.png

Well at least we can take pleasure in the little things in life. (Note the excitement increase)
Well, unless anyone else suggests anything different I suppose Cleve is gonna be the protagonist. Since the game starts you off with 4 friends I need 1 more person to post (at least). First update coming tomorrow morning.

Elfberserker

Liturgist
I am in.

And I better be drunked sod, if I become anyone fuck buddy.

I don't know what Cleve is, but he\she\it might as well be main character.

handup

Educated
At the Blakemore mansion there is sorrow.
Prof. Cleveland Mark Blakemore, with a serious expression on his face, listens intently to the rambling of the one he'd called his wife for the last 12 years.
"I just can't deal with it anymore, Cleve!" says the young woman with tears in her eyes. "You're just too much of a man for me. Too passionate. Too great. I realize now that I had been holding you back. You had such great dreams when I had met you, such clarity of thought. But as the years go by, you've compromised on your ambitions. It pains me to say it, but had you not met me, the world would have changed for the better. I'm sorry, Cleve." Her Adam's apple bobbed up and down as she gulped down another stream of sobs. "I think this is goodbye." Cleve could do nothing but nod solemnly from his fancy, expensive chair
When the Lithuanian hitmen arrived, Cleveland was not like before. They were expecting him to use his Neanderthal super-Strength or his incredible cunning, but all he did was stare blankly at them. He made no move as they fired their bazookas at him, 4 rockets in total, until he was down on the ground charred and groaning. Cleve was dying and he knew it. As the hitmen put him out of his misery, they heard a whisper. It was not a curse or a rant about melonheads. It was but one word:

"Grimoire"

critique-citizen-kane-welles.jpg

The henchmen turned to each other. One of them said "What's Grimoire?"
"It's French for book of magic, I think." said another.
"Oh"
And it was never spoken of again.
They could not comprehend the end of this tale, for they hadn't seen the rest. But we were there. From the very beginning.

2014_06_06_10_32_42_Greenshot.png

In the Grim Past of America Cleveland was a Slim, Clueless Waiter.

Last edited:

handup

Educated
You guys' stats.
These were all generated randomly by the game, btw. Yes, including the sex. anus_pounder ended up as a chick ironically enough. The names I could not change; I couldn't find the save files.
2014_06_08_13_19_47_Kudos_2.png
2014_06_08_13_20_25_Kudos_2.png

As far as friends go, Comte is probably the best one. He makes Cleve feel confident and he likes hanging out in large groups. In addition to that, he enjoys games and alcohol, which means that to keep him happy we just need to occasionally invite him to a beer in a bar and/or poker night.
2014_06_06_10_38_16_Kudos_2.png
2014_06_06_10_38_23_Kudos_2.png

Anus_pounder is an archetypical partygirl. Kinda dull, but easy to talk to. Kinda cute, but not enough that she gets to live up to her nickname all that much. We'll most likely only invite AP if we're going to a restaurant or on poker night. She also likes to go clubbing, but that shit's expensive as hell.
2014_06_06_10_36_22_Kudos_2.png
2014_06_06_10_37_42_Kudos_2.png

Tigranes is pretty much just a douchebag. I mean he's one of those people who think they've got it all figured out. He is irritating, but at least his presence makes Cleve feel better about himself. His interests also all require really expensive outings. Concerts are expensive as hell, so is clubbing. Technology I've never seen used. I guess we might invite him if Cleve wants to go to a pizza restaurant.
2014_06_06_10_38_38_Kudos_2.png
2014_06_06_10_38_45_Kudos_2.png

JoKa is H.O.T. He might be a little dishonest but he makes it work, you know. His interests are also pretty monocle. While he also has interests in music and concerts are expensive, he is also interested in culture stuff, which means we'll never run out of things to do with him, as going to a museum or to the movies is always an option. Cleve also kinda wants to bone him. No homo.

Cleve's first day as a new 'thal.
2014_06_06_10_40_09_Kudos_2.png

Sarah is a secretary at Rpgcodex university. Usually she is a motivated hard-worker, today however her normal work ethic of playing angry birds and occasionally checking her e-mail was interrupted by a man looming over his desk.
"Umm...can I help you?" Was he a serial rapist? He looked like one. She couldn't dare meet this man's eyes. She once heard of a woman being raped just by being watched. Horrible.
"Yes, I would like to enroll in your institution in the Basic IT class."
"Oh, as a student?"
"As a teacher. I feel like I could bring great contributions and even make this here institution half-way presentable."
Sarah's Women's Studies class had told her about men like him. She bet he was trying to lure her out, take her by surprise.
"Do you have any qualifications, any knowledge in the domain?"
"No, which is why I want to learn IT by teaching."
"Oh." Who knows what horrible perverse thoughts would be going through his head right about now. Sarah crossed her legs under her desk. She could feel nervousness building up from her stomach. "I don't think there are any vacant positions for a teacher. I apologise."
There was a pause and Sarah was too afraid to look up for fear of seeing the man's reaction. Then she heard a sigh.
"Very well. I shall enroll as student Cleveland Mark Blakemore then. Write it down, first in your norm, second in your journal, for my greatness will soon be known and you will be glad to have met me this day."
As the sound of his footsteps grew in distance she raised her head. She only caught a glimpse of Cleve Blakemore's back as he left the building. Five minutes later she realized she would not get raped, at least not now. Dissapointed, she got back to playing Angry Birds.
We now have IT class on Sundays.

handup

Educated
anus_pounder's bowling balls
2014_06_06_10_42_47_Kudos_2.png
the-big-lebowski-bowling-lane_88535-800x600.jpg

The bowling pins rattled as Cleve scored his second spare in a row. He could've gone for a strike but the last time he tried playing to his full potential, he was soon surrounded by common plebs asking him to join their gay bowling team. Cleve wanted no part of any activity that required him polishing more balls than absolutely necessary.
"You seem in a good mood, for once." said Sara as he sat down next to her.
Cleve grunted.
"I went to the university yesterday. I enrolled in an IT course."
"That sounds great. You need a hobby. You spend way too much time watching those cavemen documentaries. I'm telling you, it's the beginning of some kind of weird obsession if you don't watch out."
Sara's friend What'sherface was waving at them from the bowling lanes. Apparently she had actually managed to hit one of the pins this time. Sara smiled at her and gave her a thumbs up. Cleve just glowered.
"I'm starting to feel responsible, Sara."
"Hmm?" She turned her head still smiling. "For what?"
"For all. You, Comte, your possibly retarded friend." He glanced back at What'sherface, who smiled and winked at him. He thought she looked quite attractive for a second, but he then reminded himself that since she's, relative to his intelligence, mentally retarded and thus can't legally consent. "I could change the world. I could make it so much better and I now realize that because I could have done it all this time. It's because of me that the cure of cancer will be found 20 years later, Sara. Because up until now I had not tried. All those people who died of cancer, died because of me. It was my responsibility."
Sara nodded. "Right. That's why you're studying."
"What? No, I'm just making an RPG."
"Then, what about the cancer?"
"I'm going to make a blogpost about carbs. That should be enough, I feel."
"I see." Sara nods again. "Hey, have I ever told you what my nickname in high school was?"
"No, and frankly I don't care." Cleve says standing up."
"Hey, where are you going?"
"This was a waste of time. I'm going home. Need to work on my game."
He left the bowling alley without saying goodbye.
2014_06_06_10_44_43_Kudos_2.png
Though, going bowling didn't improve our relationship with Sara, we improved our bowling skill (bottom left) and had a bit of fun.

After this we went shopping
2014_06_06_10_58_39_Kudos_2.png

2014_06_06_10_58_23_Kudos_2.png

Cleve has had his eye on Arnold Schwarzenegger's overhead press weight record for a while now.
2014_06_06_10_58_51_Kudos_2.png

He also wanted to buy a book on BASIC programming, but Cleve is too poor and it would've meant not buying the weights. Thankfully his priorities are in order.
2014_06_06_10_59_27_Kudos_2.png

He bought Sherlock instead. The main character kinda reminds him of himself if he was slightly less brilliant.
2014_06_06_10_45_01_Kudos_2.png

The reason for the book is so he can gain a bit of Culture. Culture is what decides whether 2nd degree friends (that is friends of friends like What'sherface, who's anus_pounder's friend) will hang out with us. If you have a really low culture, friends of high culture will reject your invites. The weights are useless, though. They don't even raise your Confidence (The Codex lied to me!) They raise your muscle and fitness, which keeps you from getting sick and being better at sports, but that's about it.

handup

Educated
der Weg des Ubermenschens
2014_06_06_11_00_33_Kudos_2.png

Due to our recent purchases, we suddenly find ourselves a bit short on cash. Because of this, we can't go with Comte and his bro to the pub. Now, rather than outright reject him (which would cause much butthurt) and we will , we simply say that we don't have enough money. Sometimes the friend then offers to pay for you if you're good friends with him. Comte does not do that, undoubtedly saving all his money for the indiegogo campaign.
For the rest of the week we alternate between lifting weights and reading Sherlock Holmes (which also increases IQ slightly, in addition to culture).

Then Sunday morning comes along.
2014_06_06_11_01_37_Kudos_2.png

The intercom rang.
"Hello, this is Cleveland Mark Blakemore."
"Dude, you, me, this other dude and six beers each. We will paint this town red, my friend"
Cleve sighed.
"Comte, it is Sunday morning. I just had my coffee. I have classes in 6 hours."
"Look outside your window."
Cleveland looked. Outside he could see Comte with his shit-eating grin and his French Revolution Larp outfit, one hand pressed trying to keep the wig from getting blown of his head by the wind and the other one holding a rock overhead, looking ready to throw. Cleve immediately ran screaming out of his flat.
"No, put that rock right down, if you throw it I swear to god Comte." In no time Cleve ran down the stairs. Comte was still grinning, as he ran towards him and swung an arm in his direction. The larper easily dodged out of his way, used to geeks trying to hit him.
"I haven't done nothing, Cleve. What, are you turning paranoid in your old age?"
"Nothing my ass. You were going to break my window." gasped Cleve; the run down the staircase had been more of a workout than he had expected.
Comte grin changed to a mocking pout, as he started waving his rock some more.
"Nonsense, this is my pet rock. Why would I throw it at your window? What, do you throw your pets at other people's windows, Cleve. I would hope not. It's sounds like something an insane person would do."
"It sounds exactly like what an insane person would do, which is why you would be a great candidate for it."
"Tough talk coming from someone has ignored everyone's attempts to reach out for him in the past week."
"Everyone? You were the only person who did that and the only reason I refused was because I didn't have enough money."
At this Comte grinned and spread his arms out as if he had just won something.
"So, you have few friends, with whom you make zero effort to socialize and only do so when it's convenient to you, you have no girlfriend and your shitty job can't even afford to pay for a night in a pub. It sounds to me like you either need to make some improvements in your life or start drinking. Either way, I think I can help you."
Though Cleve was still angry athis he had to admit he did have a point. Maybe he can't just change his life by sitting in his bunker all day. Maybe he needed an overall more balanced approach to life.
"Fine, I'm going to your stupid beer party."

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom