Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's Play Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers!

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Phantasmagoria_08.png

So bad it is good.

Fritz Haber

Educated
lightbane said:
"Drei Drachen,
Drei Drachen kriegen in meinen Schlaf
Die Seele wollen sie lebendig zum Frass
Feurigen Atems, gespaltener Zumge"

Lore: Three kites. Three kites creep into my sleep, the soul woll' n it to ate alive. Fiery breath, split tongue they enjoy each meal.

Continue the lp, the game is fun...

Rather:
three dragons,
three dragons battle in my sleep
they want the soul, alive, for their feast
(with) fiery breath, split tongue

If it is 'kriegen'(battle), not 'kriechen'(creep).

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
drei drachen.
drei drachen kriechen in meinen schlaf,
die seele woll’n sie lebendig zum fraß.
feurigen atems, gespaltener zunge
genießen sie jedes mahl.

yes, it's creep not battle, and the last line is enjoy(ing) their every meal.

schattenjäger, i am enttäuschen.

Schattenjäger

Scholar
SuicideBunny said:
schattenjäger, i am enttäuschen.

Sei nicht böse, mein freund! Es war wirklich ein wenig falsch!

A question: How come after I upload the dosbox .png files they don't show up in the forums when linked? Having to convert them to jpeg is a huge time kiler and a pain in the ass. Is there a way to save dosbox screengrabs in another format?

spekkio

Arcane
Having to convert them to jpeg is a huge time kiler and a pain in the ass.
Use ANY program with batch convertion - ACDSee, IrfanView, etc.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
First of all png files show without problems. Example :

ultimavi0026.png

Maybe the site you're using doesn't allow png. I'd suggest you used either Imageshack or Photobucket for uploading your pics.

Secondly converting them to jpg may be a good idea nevertheless because it will reduce their size. Use one of the progs Spekkio suggested.

Annonchinil

Scholar
This is a fun game, just found the location of the crime scene. So far my complaints are minor; the narrator can at times speak to slow and the individual items are often not that well defined.

Elzair

Cipher
Black Cat said:
@ Mattresses

"GK3 has plenty of curry but is a hideously irredeemable piece of shit, the apex of illogical adventure game puzzle design."

In Gabriel Knight 3 there were many good ones among those to be found on Grace's scenes, but yes, Gabriel did have some really awful ones, with the, like, entire cat moustache's puzzle line being the most prominent example.

I have never played any GK games, but I am well acquainted with that puzzle. OldManMurray did an entire article about it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom