Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Let's play Fallout Tactics (Completed & Repaired)

spekkio

Arcane
^ Proper CV with all details or GTFO!

:rpgcodex:

ironyuri

I really like your LP Mr. Spekkio. It is really cool. You are an awesome guy.

:salute: :salute:

:M :M

Maybe more fatalities???

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
eklektyk said:
fatalities? where were medics then ? :)

if You need fresh meat use me.
big guns and medic/sapper for greater fun of gory ending. fill up rest as You want

Edit. And do continue entertaining dex with LPs :love:

edityedit

Name: Eklek

Sex: male

Portrait:
2pyuvq8.jpg

SPECIAL Stats:

ST 9
PE 9
EN 7
CH 2
IN 8
AG 8
LK 5

Traits: Big Frame

(Preferred) Perks: pick wat U want

Tagged Skills: Big guns, Doctor/sapper

Skill useful from team's POV: Doctor/sapper

Preferred Weapons: Small Gun: a rifle, Big guns: m60 or sumfin.

if im lucky its correct [or close to it :) ]

In the interest of seeing this LP continue (we still need a volounteer it seems), I'll point out what makes your build unviable.

From the start, you have 40 points to distribute on your stats. Your total reaches 48. If you'd taken "Gifted", you'd have 47 points to distribute.
You've picked "Big Frame", a trait that doesn't exist, but my guess is you want the "Bruiser" trait? That gives +2 to strength, meaning you have 42 points to distribute, or 49 if you choose "Gifted" as well. The total still does not add up.
Besides, "Bruiser" takes away 2 action points to balance out the +2 to strength. If you wish to lay down a hail of fire, that will slightly hamper you.

I shouldn't dictate how your build ends up, but a typical big-gun wielding brute tags "Fast Shot" which means you cannot do aimed shots, but seeing as aimed shots are impossible with burst weapons, that shouldn't mean much. Couple this with "Gifted", and you just need to lower one of your stats, and you're ready to go!

Or you could completely ignore what I've written here, and re-tailor your build to suit your own tastes. Do bear in mind though, that your current build is broken with regards to your stat-point total.

Hope this helps, as I want to see this LP continue. :salute:

spekkio

Arcane
That was brutal, monkey-boy... :)

TBH I haven't even read both new application forms yet, so you spared me the inevitable bitching. Since there's still no way to recruit new units after Preoria, both recruits have plenty of time to come up with proper builds...
(Or maybe we will need more than two new soldiers...)

:smug:

Anyway, update on the way!

spekkio

Arcane
Monkey spends his Skill Points on SG, Outdoorsman and Repair (somebody has to replace Bumface as a mechanic).

2ebbomf.jpg

Squirly increases First Aid, Sneak and Big Guns. We should find him something big to shoot ASAP, because he's totally useless ATM (except of FA of course).

dfu2v.jpg

We leave the bunker. Due to Monkey's high Outdoorsman, we can now skip all random encounters:

mmwo4x.jpg

:incline:

We go to Preoria:

2vih6de.jpg

Mission 05 - Preoria

2e2gxee.jpg

2zjaq6r.jpg

dovus1.jpg

What a shithole!

Near the entrance to the village we meet Chevron the Elder

rab4ib.jpg

2zfprts.jpg
Chevron
Code:
My ancestors welcome you.

I Chief Chevron, chief Whachutu. My people have lived here in peace, since night fire poured from sky. It is hard life, but we survive.

I understand you require some of... what you call them?..Oh, "fyushun bats." Sadly, Whachutu cannot help you friend.

They kept where bad spirits go wait for entrance into Hell. These very bad spirits, friend. kill my people and make bad smell. You chase away bad spirit, you may have bats and leave a friend of the Whachutu people.

There's also a shaman nearby

2cxywed.jpg

4jl0e9.jpg
Dhal

Code:
I am Dhal, Spirit Seeker of the Whachutu tribe. I sense you wish to enter the caves. Listen to me then.

Our small village has lived in isolation since the day of fire. Life was hard, but we remain true to our gods by not marrying outside the village. We must keep our bodies as pure as our faith. But the evil spirits have been hungry for our souls.

Since the home of these spirits lies between life and death, their aura will poison your very life force. Any Whachutu who ventured there, returned with vomit fever.

If you are to go there, you must carry these blessed pebbles. The vomit fever cannot affect those of my people who have swallowed the pebbles. Here, take these. I blessed them with my own magic.

I am Dhal, Spirit Seeker of Whachutu. I have spoken.

He gives us two Rad-X "pebbles".
We can speak to him for some more info:

Code:
I sense you are curious about the vomit fever. Listen to me then.

The vomit fever is sometimes fatal. It brings vomit and burning heads to people. Skin becomes like dry ground, tongue swollen like stubbed toe. Red ground of teeth weeps blood. It is an evil spell cast by vengeful spirits.

The ancients had a cure for this curse, and I have sought it out. It is in the trunk inside my hut. But I do not know how to use it. Eating it only made pain in stomach and run to middens. Smoking it only made bad smell. You are welcome to take some if you like.

I am Dhal, Spirit Seeker of Whachutu. I shall watch over you.

There's nothing more in the village

111o51g.jpg

Well, except the three disabled turrets

2lkfsi8.jpg

They can be destroyed by exploiting the infamous "drug bug", but it's not worth the effort:

2rc1qw2.jpg

We leave them alone and move onto the cliff to the East. There are some radscorpions there.

w8nl0w.jpg

We kill them all (I've switched to CTB to make it faster) and find some corpses with a neat loot (psycho, shotgun ammo)

ekomc6.jpg

We continue N, killing more scorpions and looting two more corpses

2ccr09l.jpg

Nothing more here, except the 3rd turret from before

2hwpt6p.jpg

Every unit takes a Rad-X pill just in case

kd4vpc.jpg

Let's go downstairs!

245zklv.jpg

What a nice place... We kill some radscorpions and small bugs

30igl0p.jpg

Loot all human corpses and continue south. There's our 1st Big Roach:

34r67ax.jpg

Another one was hiding to the south

2nvqzpl.jpg

There's some good stuff in the final room (psycho, rad-x, antidote) and a Pass Key:

beivb.jpg

We go back to the entrance and continue East, clearing two small rooms

11ux375.jpg

We find a Big Book of Science, Wolf reads it:

308z2qg.jpg

Nothing interesting in the rooms to the N (except some bugs). We continue SE, finding a room with two big roaches.

103bfja.jpg

We find some Small Energy Cells there:

kf3z0h.jpg

More roaches in the gym to the south (3x Rad Away + Mentats inside)

10rp9hj.jpg

There's some weird room to the South:

293wsw9.jpg

Let's check the final part of this area before going there.
We kill four big roaches:

n36ihc.jpg

And find two books in this area. Wolf increases her Pilot skill, Charlotte increases her SG skill.

nvtatt.jpg

Bro opens the yellow door using the Pass Key

x1zwo7.jpg

And finds some nice things in the lockers inside: explosives, a shotgun plus some ammo, three Rad-X pills and our 1st Fusion Battery:

2mchtz4.jpg

There's also a safe there, Neinmaske opens it with 1st try (Science book, revolver and psycho inside)

24y8jzd.jpg

Wolf continues her scientific career

2lkv66s.jpg

Let's continue S, into the air-lock. Since both doors are locked:

2wrmfip.jpg

Bro decides to throw the switch

28hfkas.jpg

:?

Some inactive turrets can be seen to the south

2yklue0.jpg

Well, we all know what's gonna happen' next. There are many ways of dealing with the turrets, but the easiest and the fastest one is to take advantage of the "drug bug".
Charlotte and Neinmaske split all our drugs between themselves:

2gvsa5x.jpg

And move south. Shit hits the fan:

34e3mdt.jpg

:rage:

Turrets are now active (they go up and down in regular intervals, though):

kcdx7o.jpg

Our strike team carefully moves close to them

10qza77.jpg

Neinmaske and Charlotte wait till both turrets go down and approach them in TB mode (the turrets will stay down for a while)
It's time to drug them to death!
Four afterburner gums are needed to destroy a single turret:

117rbwo.jpg

The rest of the team moves S too, looting some old corpses

2vwzp1y.jpg

The turrets here are much more interesting than the ones on the surface. For one reason:

iqly5d.jpg

ev0v1j.jpg

There's another air-lock NW

25jfpsg.jpg

But we should explore this new area first.
We kill two radscorpions:

2czudtd.jpg

Neinmaske drugs another turret to death

taj2xj.jpg

Of course the floating text is wrong, it's the turret that got the addiction, not Neinmaske.
Anyway, our stash of Micro Fusion Cells increases:

zxv1pc.jpg

We continue E, killing some roaches

6fti0o.jpg

And looting nearby rooms. There's another turret to the south, Neinmaske drugs it too.

34j2em8.jpg

There's a M16 in the locker nearby. Too bad that the ammo for it is so scarce.
We continue into the SE corner. Bro opens the yellow door and tries to check out the desk, setting of a gas trap:

mshn2e.jpg

There's a Leather Armor Mk. II inside, Bro puts it on. Squirly heals Bro, the team continues into NE corner. Three lockers with some good stuff there (Trauma Pack, Ultra Stimpack, Yellow Pass Key, Doctor's Bag, First Aid Book, some Rad-X pills).

2vb7io3.jpg

There are also some knives/tools on the tables. We go back to the entrance and move S, killing some radscorpions.

20aew41.jpg

Inside the blue locker we find 2nd Fusion Battery:

6jhjpg.jpg

We continue SE, killing some more creatures

2i8kq40.jpg

Charlotte finds another turret (hard way):

1rp260.jpg

Neinmaske drugs this turret (almost running out of drugs), Squirly heals Charlotte

2vimctf.jpg

Neinmaske throws the switch, bringing the power back online

4l15ih.jpg

The doors near the 1st pair of turrets are now open. We move inside the 2nd air-lock. There's a turret ahead plus four more in the following rooms:

2qntbwm.jpg

jrrxad.jpg

All you metagaming bitches know well what's going to happen next.
Five units move close to the door, Squirly throws the switch.

68wsk3.jpg

Both doors open:

1zd9g8p.jpg

Steel be with you, poor tribals on the surface! (all three turrets in the village will become active in 10 seconds).

Stay tuned for moar rape!

spekkio

Arcane
^
:salute:

Don't worry about the spoilers people, I don't mind actually. Everybody here played this game anyway, they just denying the fact.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Abusing drug-bugs against popamole turrets cheats us from glorious bloodshed :decline:

OTOH, I seem to recall FO:T multiplayer being all about who could apply the most drugs the fastest, so perhaps this is an accurate depiction of gameplay.

spekkio

Arcane
Don't worry. Sooner or later Supermutants will show up, bringing the rape with them...

2lndboj.jpg

lightbane

Arcane
I did not know that you could use drugs on the turrets until they self-destruct for some reason. Still, I never managed to save the tribals, what does happen if you manage to save them before the surface is "sterilized"?

engy

Novice
I'm pretty sure there is an easy way to save the tribals (without drugging the turrents, which I didn't know about until now...)

Anyway, I'll way until the ending is posted so I don't ruin anything.

Cassidy

Arcane
Ulminati said:
Abusing drug-bugs against popamole turrets cheats us from glorious bloodshed :decline:

You should have gotten more melee fighters, psycho-ed most and used diamond spears, ripper and power fist(I had the second and the latter when I played this mission) to beat them.

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
spekkio said:
Monkey spends his Skill Points on SG, Outdoorsman and Repair (somebody has to replace Bumface as a mechanic).

2ebbomf.jpg

We leave the bunker. Due to Monkey's high Outdoorsman, we can now skip all random encounters:

mmwo4x.jpg

:incline:

Good call on the repair skill. It's a bit of a waste to spend points on energy weapons already.

And gotta love outdoorsman. I wouldn't want to play the game on a high-end computer without a decent outdoorsman skill.. :M

spekkio

Arcane
Cassidy said:
You should have gotten more melee fighters, psycho-ed most and used diamond spears, ripper and power fist(I had the second and the latter when I played this mission) to beat them.
I know, but I have to manage with the shitty team I’ve got. :)
And using the drugs to kill turrets is much faster...
Plus I really hate the negative effects of addiction to drugs, so I rarely use them anyway.
I was thinking about addicting Neinmaske to Buffout (as you asked), but... You'll see in the next update. :/

Azira said:
And gotta love outdoorsman. I wouldn't want to play the game on a high-end computer without a decent outdoorsman skill.. :M
Yeah, the encounter rate is a little bit annoying. Strange thing is, we haven't got any Special Encounters yet...

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
spekkio said:
Azira said:
Yeah, the encounter rate is a little bit annoying. Strange thing is, we haven't got any Special Encounters yet...

Well, the way Special Encounters are found is a bit ... well, special in Fallout Tactics.

Once you get one Special Encounter within a square, you can get up to 3 other special encounters in the same square. The squares where this can happen seem to be predetermined, but the order in which the encounters appear is not.

I also found that saving, and then immediately reloading the same savegame seems to massively increase your chance of getting another Special Encounter in the same square.

spekkio

Arcane
Of course there's a way to avoid civilian casualties. We have to leave one person behind, who will keep switching the defense system from external to internal mode.
Since Squirly is not that useful ATM, he will do the job.
All units rush inside the 1st room. Luckily for them, the turrets are inactive.

2aahulc.jpg

Squirly throws the switch again:

11juas7.jpg

We follow this pattern with 2nd and 3rd set of doors

52mmut.jpg

f4gzmf.jpg

One of the turrets in the 3rd room is destroyed, Neinmaske tries to drug the 2nd one using mentats, but fails. He runs out of drugs. :(

2e5t9xt.jpg

Wolf opens three lockers in the NW corner finding another M16 plus some ammo. She also takes some MF Cells from destroyed turret.
The team continues S, killing some roaches and scorpions.

4ht94l.jpg

We move SE, killing more creatures

21ah4ps.jpg

6ntd2q.jpg

And find some goods in the final room:

nbvj12.jpg

Dead end. We have to go back to the main path. Another turret is there:

104m6xe.jpg

We sneak past it and kill some bugs and a scorpion

11m8ar7.jpg

Neinmaske checks the lockers to the east, finding some strange guns:

2eao1ky.jpg

We continue S

24c61ic.jpg

Some radscorpion hits Charlotte, poisoning her

21e24gg.jpg

521hky.jpg

We kill all creatures and continue E

5xvlw.jpg

Neinmaske opens the shelf, sets off another booby trap

9u1201.jpg

A Tricks and Traps book is inside (oh, irony). Charlotte reads it:

2z7mqyv.jpg

She carefully checks both remaining lockers, but they're not booby-trapped

21az9me.jpg

Wolf heals Neinmaske, he finds an Electronic Lockpick inside one of the lockers.

Alright, people! Our goal is probably this blue locker:

20ptr7s.jpg

Bro opens the door, spots some roach

2m2gexi.jpg

More of them show up soon

sg1le1.jpg

The teams moves in, at some point something big shows up:

14v1zmf.jpg

Run for your lives!

2j4ylgh.jpg

All units retreat. We set up a camping area. Each unit takes a peak at the roachor through the door, shoots him and hides. He does nothing, standing as a huge ass (we're out of his range?).

2dt0kkm.jpg

Bro gets lucky at some point, knocking the roachor out!

15i1edt.jpg

That's our chance! All units rush in and switch to burst attacks:

69lsnr.jpg

Finally, Bro destroys the roach lord, Wolf kills the smaller one.

2hxt8o5.jpg

We were damn lucky, people. Usually I lose one or two units when fighting this guy.
Probably Havoc's and Bumface's spirits were watching over us. :(

Monkey finds another Fusion Battery in the locker

2eoipgz.jpg

That's (almost) it, people!

15ejxuu.jpg

All units level up to Lv. 6.

2d2ex6t.jpg

What does it mean? Well, it's perk-time again!

Bro picks up Leader perk:

2n9eudf.jpg

Damn, if not for his leader role, I would've picked BRD and More Criticals :cry:
He increases his Doctor skill too:

35hh7pi.jpg

marooned allowed me to choose Charlotte's perks. The choice was obvious:

19ttp2.jpg

akhf1s.jpg

Since Charlotte is already awesome enough in many areas, I've decided to increase her EW skill:

kcgjnm.jpg

Cassidy said:
Team Player, More Criticals, Better Criticals, Sharpshooter, Sniper

2hog0aa.jpg

Neinmaske increases his BG skill:

o7n3gh.jpg

WhiskeyWolf said:
Toughness, More Criticals

70f1xs.jpg

Wolf increases her First Aid and Pilot skills (she's one of the best units in the team skillwise):

30l2e54.jpg

Azira said:
Better Criticals, Bonus RoF, Action Boy, More Criticals and Scout
Since Neinmaske already has Scout learned, I've decided that Monkey should learn Ranger Skill:

s5fg20.jpg

He invests his points in Energy Weapons:

2ii7p6g.jpg

Picking up Squirly's perks was difficult. He asked for +1 perks and anything related to Big Guns. But such perks show up much later. I could've save both his perks for future use, but with recent death rate in the team I've decided to spend them now.
Squirly learns Team Player and Bracing:

2eambzs.jpg

Due to his low Luck he's unable to learn BRD and More Criticals (LK=6 required)...
He increases his BG skill:

2yvnmgm.jpg

Phew! What a massive incline!
We carefully go back to the 2nd air-lock

11two0h.jpg

x0tqvp.jpg

Squirly closes the Gates of Hell for good

fjl2qe.jpg

We go back to the surface to check out if our plan was successful.
All tribal scum are fine:

2nrebkl.jpg

Bro talks to the shaman:

wa563d.jpg

4jl0e9.jpg
Dhal
Code:
The wind tells me that you are successful in your quest. The evil spirits fear you might be a warrior of destiny, but it is your aura that sets you apart.

I sense that the future of this land can ride on your decisions or, you may let another decide.

He is your brother, but he will be reborn. That's all the dead will tell me.

I am Dhal, Spirit Seeker of Whachutu. I have spoken.

:roll:

It's time to chat with the elder:

14djadj.jpg

2zfprts.jpg
Chevron
Code:
Hah hah. You foolish my friend, I trick you fight spirits and now you suffer their darkest curse. Your children be born with tails and smell like inside of DeathClaw stink-hole. Is bad curse, no? Understand, as chief I cannot allow such curse fall upon my village.

Here. Show you Whachutu is not all bad, you can have another worthless bat. Might make you forget you are pawn of Whachutu. Not make tears that you foolish. We of Whachutu have saying, "Every elder was once young."

Hmmm ... do not understand why you smile. You fooled, yet you laugh as if you the champion. Perhaps that is way of your tribe. To keep peace, I give you one more of the useless "fyushun bats."

He gives us the fourth Fusion Battery. :)

Stupid tribals!

2q0m6it.jpg

General Barnaky appreciates our greatness during the debriefing:

2yzlkw0.jpg
General Barnaky
Code:
You have recovered more batteries than required. As usual, you have taken the extra step to ensuring victory for the Brotherhood. Our energy devices will now be put back in use, with our scribes researching the extra fusion batteries. One day, we will have the means to make our own, but until then we must scavenge what we can.

You've shown great skills in diplomacy with these primitives. While we need recruits, the Whachutu people would require much training and even more special handling. Once the Brotherhood has time, we will teach our savage cousins how to be civilized.

We are closer to reuniting the Wasteland with each accomplished mission. Soon, we will reunite the people and mold all the savages into civilized folk. Superstition will be suppressed, with science and discipline becoming the structure that will allow mankind to grow to its potential.

You are dismissed.

htxkw8.jpg

All right!

1zzrl1e.jpg

I went to Bunker Beta to check out if new recruits are available. Sadly, the answer is no:

2vss2lu.jpg

WTF is going on? Bro was promoted to Junior Knight class but we still have no new recruits? Do we have to reach next bunker for that?

Anyway, let's go back to Bunker Alpha to buy all interesting stuff that's still there.
Oh, we've gathered 3348 Micro Fusions Cells in previous mission. :)

We buy some medical supplies 1st:

11sp4qp.jpg

Go to the Bunker Alpha:

28jdt1v.jpg

Buy some more stuff from new medic that's stationed there:

2efkv4m.jpg

cj34j.jpg

And pick up our 1st Metal Armor:

azc2h3.jpg

There's only one unit l33t enough to wear it:

b4uejl.jpg

:salute:

There are also two Mark II Leather Armors available, but I've decided that buying two sets for our new recruits would be a waste of money (Wolf inherited Charlotte's Mk. II armor).

We go back to Bunker Beta, meet some weird guy there:

10ds1eu.jpg

And speak with gen. Barnaky:

ri5e7a.jpg

mhyrlu.jpg

Alright, let's teach those Beastlord fuckers!

oubgw3.jpg

:rage:

See you next time!

lightbane

Arcane
If I recall correctly there was a bonus mission that was left outside of the game, but the most recent patches reactivate it. Will you cover that mission (I think it was about protecting someone in a certain town, there was good loot here, such as a strange item that increases your luck permanently)?

Gerrard

Arcane
You're not going to look for the trader encounters? I remember you could find (or rob) some nice equipment from them.

Since you already exploited the turrets... :smug:

spekkio

Arcane
@ lightbane: Yes, Springfield comes right after Quincy.

@ Gerrard: No, that would be popamole. Maybe they'll show up at some moment.

Cassidy

Arcane
Also, although not exactly faithful to the canon, at least the depiction of the Easter BoS as a quasi-fascistic organization for which the ends justify the means is far better than *cough* what would come later about them.

spekkio

Arcane
Mission 06 - Quincy

lf5tu.jpg

2ih5efl.jpg

w69h1.jpg

We meet Arlene, a female inhabitant of the city close to the starting point:

29z8kcn.jpg

2mq97w9.jpg
Arlene Turling
Code:
Thank goodness, you're finally here! Those dreadful savages have captured the mayor. She's being held in the large house in front of us. That building contains the warning siren for the town. If that siren sounds, the Beastlords have threatened to kill all of their hostages!

Understand that you must free Hillary first. As mayor, she's the only one with a key to disable the siren. But be careful, there are at least two savages in the same room with her.
Code:
The siren is on the roof of the building, but only Hillary has the means to turn it off. I had the key to the door where they're holding her, but their leader of the guards took it from me and I'm sure he would have locked the door. Whatever you're going to do, you'll have to do it quickly and quietly.

Good luck.
She's probably speaking about this building to the east:

2pyxm4m.jpg

The team moves E, going through an empty school:

3bko2.jpg

Some beastlords can be seen to the south:

kcif74.jpg

Furry alert!
The building where the mayor is being held is guarded:

4qom8n.jpg

But it can be accessed through the roof. Charlotte and Neinmaske switch armors - Metal Armor negatively affects Sneak skill:

209g283.jpg

Charlotte moves onto the roof, other units move close to the main entrance. There are more beastlords inside:

28b4llw.jpg

The door leading to the siren is closed. Charlotte moves to the 1st floor. There's an enemy commander there:

a4ln51.jpg

Neinmaske & Bro start the shootout:

98srv4.jpg

Our first baby deathclaw shows up:

auw0g1.jpg

120 HP? :shock:
Charlotte rapes the commander from behind:

3322u6b.jpg

1st objective completed (Squirly stands like an ass through the entire battle):

5l46km.jpg

MonkeyBoy kills his 1st deathlcaw:

2mpmy6s.jpg

Bro kills 2nd beastlord. Charlotte moves to the ground floor. Two small deathclaws and a sleeping beastlord are there:

6oidcx.jpg

Charlotte kills the beastlord, other units start shooting deathclaws

2h6bu6b.jpg

After a long battle, both of them go down. Squirly makes himself useful:

2rzb76u.jpg

More enemies can be seen to the north:

2njv7dk.jpg

sfhs0i.jpg

The commander was indeed holding a key. Bro opens a nearby door, finding the mayor:

2qbek4j.jpg

zo94yf.jpg
Hillary Eastwood
Code:
Thank you for the rescue. I understand that the Brotherhood is interested in forming an alliance with the people of Quincy. There are three more hostage situations so let's make a deal ...

My daughter is being held in the Town Hall and being guarded by Deathclaws. You must find a way to rescue her. If she dies, you might as well go back home.

We have a number of townsfolk being kept in the room housing the power generator for Quincy. We need these people freed without destroying the machinery.

Finally, Quincy's most experienced war hero, Felix Stiles, is being held inside the barracks. Rescuing him means a lot to me and the people of Quincy.

Take this key to disable the siren. You have to do that first or this town is finished. I know this is asking a lot, but there aren't any other options. You'd best get started.
WTF? Do we look like the white knights of the wasteland or something?

We've got another Objective: Rescue the mayor's daughter.

If we speak to her again, she will share some more info:

Code:
The power generator room has been rigged with explosives. The Beastlords have threatened to detonate the explosives, destroying both the generator and our townsfolk if they suspect trouble. If they do this... I'll be out of office and the Brotherhood can look elsewhere for an alliance.
Code:
My daughter, Evita, is being held in the Town Hall. There are Deathclaws surrounding her, ready to tear her to shreds as soon as a Beastlord gives the word. If you can find some way to distract the Deathclaws or prevent the signal from being given, you should be able to save her. I was in labor for four days with her so you'll understand how much she means to me.
Code:
Old Felix Stiles is being held inside the barracks. The Beastlord commander is there, along with his bodyguards. You can expect a big fight.

But, there is another way into the compound: An escape tunnel lies between the Town Hall and the Barracks. The entrance is in the back room of the Town Hall and it leads into the inner building of the barracks, past the courtyard.
Bro takes the key from her, goes to the roof and disables the siren:

o5utra.jpg

Alright! Let's start with the mayor's daughter as ordered. The city hall lies to the north and is heavily guarded:

4gkahh.jpg

2u77tjl.jpg

There are three visible alarm switches too.
Charlotte sneaks onto the roof:

5cg6zt.jpg

And checks the 1st floor of the hall:

24n4r5h.jpg

Two beastlords are nearby:

s67prn.jpg

Let's do it!
All units except Neinmaske (cannot sneak due to the Armor) sneak close to the 1st beastlord:

x3acnq.jpg

The raep begins. Monkey kills the 1st one, Charlotte kills the 2nd one:

5ue2bq.jpg

The 3rd one was able to sound an alarm! Neinmaske punishes him:

2mcy6fs.jpg

Charlotte kills the 4th one:

5fp79k.jpg

Monkey finishes off the 5th one.

That went sweet, people!
Charlotte checks the 1st floor again. The barracks can be seen to the north:

2875v.jpg

It's time to save the hostage. Our team splits into three groups: Bro and Monkey will go through the main entrance, Neinmaske and Wolf will cover the back door, Charlotte (and Squirly) will cover the 1st floor.
The main entrance is guarded:

2ahywzq.jpg

Charlotte moves to the ground floor and checks the main room:

30au9o4.jpg

:(

It's a regular deathclaw this time! This beast has more than 200 HPs.
The back-door is locked. Neinmaske unlocks it:

11vntjt.jpg

Wolf starts the battle:

2i732xh.jpg

Bro and Monkey attack the guard near the main entrance.
Charlotte and Neinmaske move in, Neinmaske tries to catch deathclaw's attention:

dwdzls.jpg

He succeeds. Charlotte kills one of the beastlords:

330qvx0.jpg

Neinmaske runs away retreats, closes the door behind himself.

wlqc75.jpg

Let's see if these monsters are inteligent enough to open doors.
Monkey kills the guard, deathclaw goes after Charlotte!

2z409qu.jpg

She GTFOs, southern group opens the door and rape the creature from behind

noh9v6.jpg

The fun continues for some time. Poor creature isn't able to open the door.
When he goes after Charlotte, southern team rapes him. If he does the opposite, he gets shot from NW.

r2ozgz.jpg

Suddenly, the southern group screws up. Both units got so immersed in shooting, that they ended up without enough APs to close the door:

69gunt.jpg

:retarded:

Other units try to get deathclaw's attention, but he (she?) is not dumb.
Wolf ends up with some new scars (winded and unconscious):

2z6gygo.jpg

Deathclaw continues hitting Wolf. After a while, Neinmaske takes him out:

2khutw.jpg

Bro kills the remaining beastlord and cures Wolf's status:

6eqcr8.jpg

Charlotte finds the hostage, but the girl is too scared to speak to us:

23k44s7.jpg

So there are still more of them? Charlotte finds a House Key in the cabinet nearby.
There are three sleeping beastlords in the final room. We sneak up on them and take care of them quick:

t6f50z.jpg

34owjus.jpg

rkmvdi.jpg

No way, man! The fun hasn't even started yet.
Let's speak with the girl:

2zz3ggj.jpg

Yeah, bunch of savages in this town...

qso57p.jpg
Evita Eastwood
Code:
Huh? Well, Arlene and I grew up together in this little town. We used to play with the ghouls when we were little girls. We never thought the ghouls were bad, in fact they were very gentle with us. But mother found out and she forbade us to play there ever again. I hope the ghouls are alright, too. They have it bad enough with all the regular humans harassing them.
w22b0o.jpg

I think we have some mutant-lover here... :roll:

Well, let's take a look at these abominations...
We go west and bump into another group of beastlords. Plus another deathclaw...

281ylwo.jpg

Luckily for us, those poor bastards can be sniped from the roof:

avh7r7.jpg

They can hide in the building below us, but they show up after a while. Raep continues:

sc8jkp.jpg

Charlotte checks out other rooms:

5nrmsw.jpg

Wolf finally kills the deathclaw:

2vxk936.jpg

More enemies can be seen in NW corner:

2wqrc6c.jpg

There are also some friendly ghouls nearby:

k311e9.jpg

There's some kind of a ghoul-outpost there!

2mgt7vr.jpg

More enemies show up:

692o8n.jpg

Bro speaks with the leader:

6fv2vr.jpg
Elliot Nesting
Code:
I am Elliot. The ghouls here call me their leader, but that's just cuz noone else wanted the job.

Please, outlanders. You hafta help us too. I know we're just a bunch of ghouls but we get scared and bleed just like pure blood humans. We might not be able to offer the same amount of resources as the Quincy pure bloods but we gots something to offer too.

We'll fight, but we don't stand a chance against those Deathclaws. What do you say? It would be a shame for me to die a day before I turn a hundred fifty next week.
Well, we probably should help these poor peaceful creatures...

:what:

Or maybe not...
It's time for another voting...

Should we:

A) Help the ghoul inhabitants of Quincy (that will lead to ghouls joining the Brotherhood),

or

B) Leave them alone at the mercy of the beastlords and continue with our main mission (that will lead to ghoul-free Brotherhood).

Oh well, you should know the drill by now...

DISCUSS!

lightbane

Arcane
A. Even if their flesh is impure, as long as they believe on the Emprah they're useful to us (plus, getting them means more meatshields).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom