Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Let's play Fallout Tactics (Completed & Repaired)

ironyuri

One vote for B)Kansas City

Rogue nuclear bomb sounds much more EPIC.

PS: That last mission was pretty popamole with those trenches you were popping in and out of. :decline:

Cassidy

Arcane
FOT already had the roots of decline. Super-mutant sprites that are slightly resembling of Orcs and Kansas City reminds me of something...

megaton.jpg

:rage:

ironyuri

Cassidy said:
FOT already had the roots of decline. Super-mutant sprites that are slightly resembling of Orcs and Kansas City reminds me of something...

megaton.jpg

:rage:

To combat this :decline: , I think Monkey and Wolf need to die. And maybe root?

BRO will never die for he embodies the spirit of BLOBERT. NEVAR FORGET!!

spekkio

Arcane
Ashery said:
I'm curious as to why you're stopping skills at 100%, though. I thought for sure you still gain benefits from increasing them beyond that point (Although it gets expensive as hell fairly quickly).
Because it gets expensive as hell fairly quickly. And 100% BG plus 100% Sneak is better than 120% BG alone, I think.

Ashery said:
Stats:
3 Str
13 Per
4 End
2 Cha
6 Int
8 Agi
13 Luck
Such build is impossible - it's 2 CPs short. I would recommend 12 PE, 12 LU.
Same problem with the other build...

Also: Pick up your portrait and preferred weapons.

Cassidy said:
In face of recent developments, an heroic sacrifice would make a lot of sense now.
I've completed this mission on Saturday so both things happened on the same day. Coincidence?

:?

Also if root is gonna re-appear as a mighty robot, I think Neinmaske should have a chance to re-roll as

w6qrg6.jpg
Paula

:smug:

ironyuri

spekkio said:
Azira said:
I'm curious as to why you're stopping skills at 100%, though. I thought for sure you still gain benefits from increasing them beyond that point (Although it gets expensive as hell fairly quickly).
Because it gets expensive as hell fairly quickly. And 100% BG plus 100% Sneak is better than 120% BG alone, I think.

Azira said:
Stats:
3 Str
13 Per
4 End
2 Cha
6 Int
8 Agi
13 Luck

Cassidy said:
In face of recent developments, an heroic sacrifice would make a lot of sense now.
I've completed this mission on Saturday so both things happened on the same day. Coincidence?

:?

Also if root is gonna re-appear as a mighty robot, I think Neinmaske should have a chance to re-roll as

w6qrg6.jpg
Paula

:smug:

If Neimasake gets resurrected as a womang, Charlotte should be reanimated as a mang, mang:

2h3wvw6.jpg
Charlie?

Looks most like Charlotte did, but a man![/b]

Ashery

Prophet
spekkio said:
Azira said:

Azira said:
Stats:
3 Str
13 Per
4 End
2 Cha
6 Int
8 Agi
13 Luck

The build works as I tested it out in game. Ghouls get two more points than their human counterparts, so that may be the reason for the initial confusion.

On a similar note, though, go for the alternate build. Crit whore all the way, baby.

2hozfx2.jpg

Weapons should've been fairly clear based upon the build, but I'll throw'em out:

Sniper rifle, Laser rifle, and that wonderful end game weapon if I manage to live that long.

And while skills do get expensive fairly quickly, I'd say 20 more in SA (or whatever your weapon of choice is) is better than 20 in most untagged skills (Exceptions certainly apply, though).

spekkio

Arcane
Ashery said:
The build works as I tested it out in game. Ghouls get two more points than their human counterparts, so that may be the reason for the initial confusion.
Indeed, I've tested this again, using and existing Ghoul character and it works as you described.
Welcome to the BROtherhood!

Ashery said:
And while skills do get expensive fairly quickly, I'd say 20 more in SA (or whatever your weapon of choice is) is better than 20 in most untagged skills (Exceptions certainly apply, though).
I was going to increase Charlotte's and Neinmaske's weapon skills starting from Lv. ~12, because all their other skills (Sneak, Throw, Lockpick) were high enough. But...

:cry:

juggernaut

Educated
Juggalette ready to rock! although no unarmed action I see :( still, I suppose the browning makes up for it :M

and I vote Jefferson

marooned

Liturgist
Nah, Charlotte's fine in hell, having fun with the beast and all. If you badly need another recruit later on feel free to re-roll her as her twin sis, Suzie. Same portrait, same build.

I'd prefer to see fresh meat in the Brohood. And their deaths.

Also, Jefferson first.

spekkio

Arcane
marooned said:
If you badly need another recruit later on feel free to re-roll her as her twin sis, Suzie. Same portrait, same build.
No identical builds, please - what's the fun in that?
The creators of the fallen heroes can re-apply, but with different builds and new names/portraits.

WhiskeyWolf said:
I think Monkey and Wolf need to die.
Go think somewhere else.
Yup, Wolf is the only survivor from the initial team now. Show some respect, nigga...

marooned

Liturgist
Damn bro spekkio, I'm craving some FoT action after all. If you still have room please enlist the brother Poncho:

1. Name: Poncho
2. Age: 30
3. Sex: Male
4. Portrait:
30uctva.jpg

5. Stats:

ST 5
PE 10
EN 4
CH 2
IN 10
AG 10
LK 6

6. Traits: Fast Shot, Gifted
7. Perks: whatever you need plus Sharpshooter, Bonus Rate of Fire
8. Tagged Skills: Energy Weapons, Throwing, Traps
9. Traps
10. Preferred Weapon: rifle and (lots of) grenades

Salute!

spekkio

Arcane
Finally a BRO that can create valid character in Fallout game?

:incline:

Ashery and Poncho will show up ASAP.

Update probably tomorrow.

spekkio

Arcane
Mission 10 - Jefferson

4uidms.jpg

vn002o.jpg

Here we are:

24wrhn4.jpg

There's a Scouter nearby. root and Juggalette should board it

25heq6t.jpg

Bro tries to do the same, but:

11vsmr6.jpg

Six nasties visible:

2pouurk.jpg

15h05xw.jpg

The plan is as follows: due to high risk of being bitten by the burst bug, we're gonna separate.
root and Lette (1st group) will go east, using the main road. Bro and Wolf (2nd group) will go east too, trying to cover the 1st group using sniper rifles. Monkey and Phoenix (3rd group) will go south and try some urban warfare - cleaning the building SE.

Monkey discovers that the entrance to the building is mined

2aexzd2.jpg

Bro hits 1st mutant to the east, Wolf gets hit (probably burst bug with Bro being the target)

2ikcldt.jpg

Fuck. We should disperse... root and Lette attack two mutants on the roof of the SE building. Wolf joins them in next turn:

2zemgco.jpg

Phoenix does some mine-cleaning using grenades

ayko4n.jpg

Bro keeps shooting 1st mutant (another one joined in the meantime)

23iaukx.jpg

root drives the Scouter close to the mutants, Lette switches to Browning:

do3xjs.jpg

root KOes one of the mutants on the roof

sngo5j.jpg

In next turn, Lette and Bro finish off the 2nd mutant

10yhoqg.jpg

3rd group enters the building

1z4g6bs.jpg

2nd group continues east, Lette kills another mutant. The other one hides behind the sandbags

2mev4vk.jpg

Phoenix finds a chest. And a mine:

2z8wzld.jpg

Bro and Wolf continue east (finding some Mentats)

3524twp.jpg

And join the 2nd group

14udsm8.jpg

Phoenix blows up the mine, disarms the trap protecting the chest

o0plkp.jpg

And finds some sweet .50 ammo. Monkey grabs the loot. The rest of this floor is empty.
Phoenix moves to the 1st floor, finding another enemy:

2en3jm1.jpg

Let's hope he will die instantly...

2r6p6s8.jpg

:thumbsup:

Monkey joins Phoenix on the 1st floor.
Meanwhile to the north: Lette leaves the car, joins the 1st team

k0mjs.jpg

All three units go to the 2nd floor, Lette continues south

bhx92q.jpg

Finds the mutant from before and takes him out

10xxbeu.jpg

root repairs the ride. Phoenix and Monkey try to sense if somebody is in the room to the west

fa1rtv.jpg

Looks clear. Phoenix carefully opens the door and... surprise:

jp9zk2.jpg

Some bastard is hiding inside (he was sneaking)!
Phoenix punishes him

352iyh2.jpg

And continues west. Looks clear: :)

wpoq9.jpg

Lette sneaks into the next building

nx0xtz.jpg

Finds another mutant and takes him out

5d9ykz.jpg

He was holding the flamer!

kf4p00.jpg

1564v95.jpg
:love:

There's also a Sniper Rifle in the nearby Fridge.
Lette goes back to the Scouter. Both groups should continue south.

4f34o.jpg

Meanwhile to the south: Phoenix and Monkey reach the roof of the building

168bj1k.jpg

Phoenix finds first mutant, who looks KOed (still?)

nn8gaq.jpg

AFAIR there were two of them... Aha!

nvrv5y.jpg

Phoenix kills this one with one shot

2lj52ix.jpg

The KOed one is much tougher, but after a while:

v49m6w.jpg

Alrighty! Phoenix and Monkey should go back to the 1st floor of this building and search the rest of this area.

1564v95.jpg
:(
2dlituh.jpg
:(

See you soon.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom