Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Let's play Conker's Bad Fur Day

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
I think the ending is a bit disappointing, personally. Would've preferred it if it hadn't included the bar scene I think.

Good LP old man. Glad you chose to see it through 'till the end.

EDIT: As for New LP, option #1 or #2 would interest me the most. I've been meaning to play eternal darkness for a while, but I can't seem to find a copy anywhere, and I can't be arsed to set up a gamecube emulator(also I'm not sure how playable it would be with mouse+keyboard).

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I very much enjoyed Eternal Darkness: SR, but well, I've already played it and it's pretty linear. Voting for Front Mission 3!

:love:

spekkio

Arcane
Jaedar:

1) 'I can't be arsed to set up a gamecube emulator'

It's piss easy plus the game works damn fine, in 1680x1050 resolution in my case (60 FPS on quite old hardware). I can help you with choosing best options as well (mostly if you want some post-processing effects properly emulated).

2) 'also I'm not sure how playable it would be with mouse+keyboard'

You can use two settings: a) Resident Evil - type: L/R to turn, U/D to move up/down or: b) Soul Reaver - type: character goes in one of four directions (U/D/L/R) - poor man's analogue.
So, if you were able to play either one of Resident Evil games or Soul Rever games, you should be fine.
Analogue pad is not necessary for this game IMO...

Jaedar and Crooked Bee:

Front Mission 3? Another turn based fagotry? When even FFT was not enough to please the Hivemind?

:roll:

spekkio

Arcane
Cowboy Moment said:
Drakengard
My PC is not good enough to emulate most of PS2 titles at full speed.

Luzur said:

Have some artworks:

wrUqj.jpg

y7lpy.jpg

And you can ask lightbane for some screens from Xbawks version. May be relevant to your tastes:

ZwsXY.jpg

lightbane

Arcane
This is a tough choice: Front Mission 3 has a story insane enough to be lulzy, but the game is long, TOO FUCKING LONG. I vote for Sanity's requiem, I've never played it (although a lp of Drakengard would be cool to, if someone can do it).

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Well, if spekkio's looking for a short lulzy game to LP, I'd recommend Kingdom O' Magic. :P

Kingdom O' Magic is a fantasy adventure game spoof - along the lines of Zork but with British humour. Play as either an unintelligible Green Lizard Guy (use subtitles) or the token female - who was intended to be humorously overproportioned although now Tomb Raider has raised the standard.

The designers intended for the game to be non-linear, and many NPCs wander around the entire map getting into fights with each other.

Entirely comedic - the troubleshooting guide in the manual discusses sexual malfunction. The dialogue trees encourage the player to be abrasive and confrontational - not doing so will cause you to miss out on much of the enjoyment, and many of the puzzles.

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
Well, if spekkio's looking for a short lulzy game to LP, I'd recommend Kingdom O' Magic. :p

Kingdom O' Magic is a fantasy adventure game spoof - along the lines of Zork but with British humour. Play as either an unintelligible Green Lizard Guy (use subtitles) or the token female - who was intended to be humorously overproportioned although now Tomb Raider has raised the standard.

The designers intended for the game to be non-linear, and many NPCs wander around the entire map getting into fights with each other.

Entirely comedic - the troubleshooting guide in the manual discusses sexual malfunction. The dialogue trees encourage the player to be abrasive and confrontational - not doing so will cause you to miss out on much of the enjoyment, and many of the puzzles.

I think I already read that LP.

spekkio

Arcane
CB" said:
Kingdom O' Magic
Dialogue-heavy adventure game full of shitty 3d art?
When it comes to such games, one playthrough of Torment was enough, thank you...

:roll:

Quest compass:

That was a joke, game looks quite interesting.

spekkio

Arcane
Movie references missed by my dear readers:

1)
Birdy said:
"Ten dollar. You love manual long time"

Full Mental Jacket

2) Password used to enter 'Rock Solid' Club:

Eyes Wide Shut

3) Spider robots chasing Conker while he runs to the elevator:

@AlmightyElemental on YewTube said:
its suppose to be a parody to the 1998 movie of the tv show Lost in Space when the alien spiders are chasing them to the elevator and scratches Gary Oldman (Dr. smith) before crushing its leg into the elevator. DAMN IM GOOD, EITHER THAT OR IM A HUGE NERD.

IMO it can be also Alien and/or Terminator - related...

4) Scene with SHC Sergeant after the countdown:

Apocalypse Nao

5) Final battle against Heinrich:

Super Mario 64

6) Multiplayer mode #3:

Reservoir Dongs

Way to go, me!

:yeah:

LANyk.jpg

WPSeJ.jpg

Conker's Multiplayer Mode #5b - War-Colors (Allies)

Conker's Multiplayer Mode #5b - War-Colors (Axis)

Conker's Multiplayer Mode #6 - Tank

R.I.P. old fella'

7Yg6I.jpg

:salute:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom