Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Let's Play CK2 Sword of Islam: Emirs, Caliphs, and Sultans Oh My!

Who should I be?

• Total voters

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
's good, but you can scratch the spoiler box entirely for my sake :)

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
I kinda like spoiler boxes. Means I can read current posts immediately without waiting for all the images in the previous update to load. Otherwise, previous images loading keep scrolling the text I'm trying to read all over the screen.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
You know, it's still easy to get Genius/Quick/Strong/Attractive wives, something you should do at this point. Similarly, you can just demand your courtiers and vassals to Convert to Zikri (with wives success is a foregone conclusion), no need to waste resources on invite decisions.

newcomer

Learned
You know, it's still easy to get Genius/Quick/Strong/Attractive wives, something you should do at this point. Similarly, you can just demand your courtiers and vassals to Convert to Zikri (with wives success is a foregone conclusion), no need to waste resources on invite decisions.

This. And make sure you properly educate that child count by a good & dilligent persian zikri. Converting your entire realm to heretics is surprisingly very easy

P.S. And convert provinces bordering to other seljuk vassals, that way the heresy will spread by event to their counties

XenomorphII

Prophet
Update 2-The First Hajj

A day after Andhaira I's mass marriage ceremony to his new wives from back east, a notice arrived from the Seljuk Sultan:

CkWSC.jpg

The Sultan sought the services of Mighty Andhaira, and desired that he become marshal of the realm. Andhaira accepted of course, as it would allow him to spread his faith!

CZClb.jpg

With his position in the court of Seljuk looking secure, it was time to look to securing his dynasty.

WG5K5.jpg

Instead of having mighty Andhaira lead his armies, the Sultan wisely had him training and recruiting new men.

0HSYr.jpg

Shortly after heading to the court of the Sultan, a Persian Zikri man came to Andhaira and offered his services as chancellor. He was granted his request.

b7xGr.jpg

A tragedy struck the Noble One, when one of his dear wives fell ill and died of a disease. She most have displeased Allah in some way though for this to happen, so Andhaira quickly remarried!

zT9e3.jpg

toTGo.jpg

He chosen new wife. She however refused to convert to Andhaira's beliefs.

UPocF.jpg

After some time, it was decided to begin the construction of a castle city in Birjand.

Construction had hardly begun when:

lEp3R.jpg

A Sunni revolt broke out! Those fools! How dare they resist the Noble Andhaira I!

As the army rallied to put down this rebellion, good news arrived:

CYcVX.jpg

One of the Emir's Sunni vassals had died! He was replaced quickly. Praise be to the Zikri Faith for it first bit of growth!

Shortly thereafter, the rebels were put down:

PGLPg.jpg

Ahh, the first victory for the armies of Andhaira I!

Not long after this victory, Emir Andhaira I decided to go on Hajj:

NLZeF.jpg

W9lLj.jpg

This would be his first trip to Mecca!

qZR3u.jpg

A courtier decided he wanted to come along too, and in his majesty, Andhaira saw fit to pay the other man's way to allow him to.

y1mIh.jpg

On September 9, 1068, Andhaira set out on his journey towards Mecca!

Not long into his journey disaster struck!

Uk7sx.jpg

Andhaira knew what he had to do though:

Gazw8.jpg

He shared with his brothers of the True Faith!

vdRWY.jpg

What a blind man he must have been to not see the gloriousness of Andhaira!

As he carried on with his journey:

qUaOa.jpg

Andhaira met and old man, and chose to listen to him:

3dZUT.jpg

Andhaira was truly wise, for he knew to listen!

ioW2V.jpg

On October 18th, Andhaira arrived in Mecca! Too bad the water was impure, but it just shows how pious a man Andhaira I truly was!

nKO3J.jpg

While circling the black stone, Andhaira showed his humility. Truly a blessed man! Praise be!

DyYvQ.jpg

And he performed the Sa'i as well!

mxVZQ.jpg

And he gave to a suffering village on his way home!

zR8mV.jpg

Then finally, on November 19th, Andhaira returned home. He was a more pious man then when he left, and was better with financials as well (+1 Stewardship and a monthly piety bonus for having gone on Hajj).

Shortly after returning home:

K9iWs.jpg

Andhaira I set out on the first conquest of the Andhaira family and marched for Samarkand!

y9HDk.jpg

The army set out for the Emir's lands with just under 2000 men and would be having to defeat the Khivan rebels before taking Samarkand itself.

GROUN.jpg

The rebels were crushed completely and a siege began.

HABAH.jpg

While the campaign for Samarkand carried on, more internal development occurred.

sy9Rb.jpg

It wasn't long after, that one of Andhaira's wives became pregnant!

UVQmH.jpg

Shortly after receiving the wonderful news, the Emir's armies took one of the holdings of Samarkand!

OVnTU.jpg

In celebration of the news of a victory at Samarkand, Andhaira got another of his wives pregnant! Praise be!

rDWv3.jpg

Andhaira, after all the wonderful news he had received lately, began to feel proud of himself! If only he could see himself how we see him, then truly he would know that there was good reason for him to feel pride!

p2un7.jpg

His wife gave birth to twins on 12 December 1070, insuring the continuation of the Andhaira line!

ipcBa.jpg

sbMm6.jpg

The births were followed by even more good news, as even more holdings fell to the army at Samarkand!

UGOmA.jpg

gai1r.jpg

The Sultan of Khiva realized that the man he was facing was too great for him and gave Samrakand up. Andhaira's first military campaign had been a complete success! Allahu Akbar!

oGEWi.jpg

Alp Arslan, Sultan of the Seljuks, could not say the same of his campaign against the infidels of the Byzantine Empire at this point though.

You do not receive jizya from Sunni provinces as a Sunni heretic. I also want to point out that nobody is willing to convert right now for Andy I. His lunatic and possessed traits are mostly offset by his diplomacy, but he is still generally hated by all. My own courtiers were unwilling to convert, so I decided it best to be sure with my wives.

I have thought about going in and name swapping Zikri for Djinnist. Would that change the name in ongoing games or require a gritty grim-dark reboot?

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
this should be exquisite torture to out pakistani friend

his hidden tears make this more enjoyable

btw the new paintings look terribly out of place

XenomorphII

Prophet
this should be exquisite torture to out pakistani friend

his hidden tears make this more enjoyable

btw the new paintings look terribly out of place

I thought he was still floating around but as mother russia and that he could not post in GD?

Also about the paintings, yes they are different from the original ones but I really like them.

JagreenLern

Erudite
Patron
MCA Project: Eternity
I was planning to do the first Sword of Islam LP on the Codex, but you know how shit goes...

Anyway, good luck in making our favorite paki the progenitor of the greatest dynasty the world has ever known!

Norfleet

Let's see how this goes. I am a little concerned that it may end in flames quickly since I am a heretic and the Seljuks start with medium authority (I had intended to take a shot with that, but forgot). If that does happen I will either: A)Stop, B)Reload, try again, and play it off as the narrator forgetting how something went, or C) Start over, but this time as whatever option is the runner up at that point.
That, or you could try to win the war of Seljuk Tyranny, I guess. If you can break off and become independent, you can do your own Holy Warring on everything in sight. I have actually seen the area you're in successfully break off before even under the AI. Admittedly, I may have helped slightly, and by slightly, I mean "invaded, pulverized their army, murdered the Sultan, and then invaded again", but hey.

newcomer

Learned
Let's see how this goes. I am a little concerned that it may end in flames quickly since I am a heretic and the Seljuks start with medium authority (I had intended to take a shot with that, but forgot). If that does happen I will either: A)Stop, B)Reload, try again, and play it off as the narrator forgetting how something went, or C) Start over, but this time as whatever option is the runner up at that point.
That, or you could try to win the war of Seljuk Tyranny, I guess. If you can break off and become independent, you can do your own Holy Warring on everything in sight. I have actually seen the area you're in successfully break off before even under the AI. Admittedly, I may have helped slightly, and by slightly, I mean "invaded, pulverized their army, murdered the Sultan, and then invaded again", but hey.

Timing is very important for this one, maybe you will want to wait for the seljuk army to be closer to byzantine army before starting an independence war (not tyranny or depose liege, because they don't get warscore for remaining independent). Anyway, the main problem is the counterattack holy war from the seljuks if you do win the independence, so either you make sure you're large enough first, or immediately look for a better liege (maybe the fatimids?)

Of course, there's an easier choice: collect enough land to create kingdom of arabia / kwarzim or whatever the name is, start an independence war & create the kingdom right away, instant "win"

XenomorphII

Prophet
Sorry everybody, but it looks like this is on hold for awhile. I got sidetracked at the end of last week and I am now having serious issues with my computer. If the save games survives I will continue if not, well I will decide that later.

Cassidy

Arcane
Sorry everybody, but it looks like this is on hold for awhile. I got sidetracked at the end of last week and I am now having serious issues with my computer. If the save games survives I will continue if not, well I will decide that later.

This is definitively the work of Djinn!

Fafnir

Liturgist
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
M:Bump for Moslem glory!

I think it's spelt "Muslim" but if Andhaira's still around he'll probably correct me as well :P
Moslem is old fashion spelling before the popamole

This is definitively the work of Djinn!
:x

XenomorphII

Prophet
So update: My HD fried completely and this save game was not backed-up. I will likely (at some point) start another, but it will be awhile as I have lots of shit to redownload and install right now.

Allah (or the djinn) was apparently most displeased with this LP and smote me.

newcomer

Learned
So update: My HD fried completely and this save game was not backed-up. I will likely (at some point) start another, but it will be awhile as I have lots of shit to redownload and install right now.

Allah (or the djinn) was apparently most displeased with this LP and smote me.
:decline:

How about Zoroastrianism? Can you text-file mod it to be playable? If yes does it works like islam or christian?
Anyway I hope your restart it...

Sadly I'm taking a long break from CK2, I just figured out that you only need to assassinate the heirless mongol khan in order to grab the khanate & doomstack for yourself (after they force vassalize you that is)... Dissapoints me a lot :(

XenomorphII

Prophet
Oh I am fixed and running smooth again. I just haven't had the willpower to pick up and do an LP since fixing everything and restoring what I could. Though if I do one sometime it won't be this one continued as the save was completely lost. Also this game did help me to realize that I don't really like playing as a completely fictional ruler, so if I do another, it won't have a make a ruler option.

Edit: With Their Finest Hour for HOI3 and the Rome DLC for CK2 both coming out soonish, I may do one for one of those once I get them.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom