Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's Play - BGT with a Codex Crew

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
What an odd ending. This group looked really dominant, until beaten from the inside out.

Shame to see Grunker go, but at least his last moments are :salute: worthy

When did Paco become a berserker, tho?

Anyway I have a char to suggest

Rance
alcg0100.jpg

Berserker/Chaotic Good
Strength 18/**
Dex 14
Con 18
Int 8
Wis 9
Cha 18

JrK

Prophet
Brother None said:

That was a while ago, Paco inquired as to whether or not it was an acceptable move. He didn't feel Kensai was working out without the armor iirc. I don't exactly know when he changed since after he asked he posted a few updates from before the switch.

:salute:

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
JrK said:
Brother None said:

That was a while ago, Paco inquired as to whether or not it was an acceptable move. He didn't feel Kensai was working out without the armor iirc. I don't exactly know when he changed since after he asked he posted a few updates from before the switch.

I switched right before we took on the cultists. The issue was that I don't think I could wear bracers or robes after I dueled to a mage. And I like bracers and robes.

Didn't really tie it into the story though.

Brother None said:
What an odd ending. This group looked really dominant, until beaten from the inside out.

I was actually disappointed at how easy the last fight was going. Then of course Paco got charmed and it all went to hell.

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Brother None said:
Radisshu said:
Rance, chaotic good?

ranceawesome.jpg

He's a scoundrel with a heart of gold?

Nahh, he's chaotic neutral.

Raping girls until they fall in love with you does not qualify as "good"

or does it? :smug:

hoverdog

dog that is hovering, Wastelands Interactive
Developer
Project: Eternity
oldmanpaco said:
JrK said:
Brother None said:

I switched right before we took on the cultists. The issue was that I don't think I could wear bracers or robes after I dueled to a mage. And I like bracers and robes.

Didn't really tie it into the story though.
you can :smug:

(robes, I mean)

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Mrowak said:
Raping girls until they fall in love with you does not qualify as "good"

It's not so much rape as it is forced consensual sex, though.

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
And let's not forget that Rance is the savior of cute girls every where!

ALL HAIL RANCE!

Also, I'm fucking pissed with the BGT-Big World-installation shit. I've tried to run that shit for over two dozen times over the last four days and it always fucks up something. So far I've had about a dozen hangups (in the program), five BSOD's, and countless number of "this program has performed an illegal operation and has been shut down". And I've gone with the freaking STANDARD-installation! Can't even believe how bad it would be with the expert-installation. BGT and BigWorld are fucking shit, period. I'll stick with the EasyTutu, at least that shit works without fucking my computer over. And if you say it's because of my anti-virus/firewall, I'll penetrate your eyesocket with a cork-screw.

JrK

Prophet
GarfunkeL said:
Also, I'm fucking pissed with the BGT-Big World-installation shit. I've tried to run that shit for over two dozen times over the last four days and it always fucks up something. So far I've had about a dozen hangups (in the program), five BSOD's, and countless number of "this program has performed an illegal operation and has been shut down". And I've gone with the freaking STANDARD-installation! Can't even believe how bad it would be with the expert-installation. BGT and BigWorld are fucking shit, period. I'll stick with the EasyTutu, at least that shit works without fucking my computer over. And if you say it's because of my anti-virus/firewall, I'll penetrate your eyesocket with a cork-screw.

1. You shouldn't do STANDARD, EXPERT or any of the options given with the game. Choose EXPERT (or whatever the über tactics version is with the unstable mods) and then make sure you choose the customization option. Then you have a motherload of mods in a list where you can choose and leave out the unstable crap, the shitty romance diarrhea, the bad npc feces and other shit. Then run TobExloader, not BGmain.exe.

2. You should disable your antivirus when actually installing the mods as it prevents a few steps from happening depending on software. :smug:

3. Sure you installed BG1, BG2, TOB, TOTSC and their patches?

4. Screw you too buddy. ;)

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
GarfunkeL said:
And let's not forget that Rance is the savior of cute girls every where!

ALL HAIL RANCE!

You can scrap the big world thing and go for a simple installation of BGT+mods.

After successfully installing BG1 and BG2+ToB with all the official patches then you can install the following mods in the following order:

bg2 fixpack
BGT
bg1npc
bg1 unfinished business
bgttweak
sword coast stratagems
bg2 tweakpack
bg2 quest pack
bg2 unfinished business
Ascension
sword coast stratagems II
banter pack
Flirt pack
Tower Of Deception
widescreen mod

Feel free to skip any of the mods (except bg2 fixpack and BGT obviously) but not change the order. Stay away from the shitty "big" mods.

Also... ALL HAIL RANCE !

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
Nickless said:
Hm. Has Paco been using his enrage ability?

Like I said at the beginning - I'm no expert BG player. I get distracted by the bright lights and flashing effects.

FYI: Next real update might be awhile (if anyone cares). I seem to have created a massive bug in the Copper Coronet (everyone goes hostile) that may force me to reinstall BG2. I will try to get the interlude up this week though.

BTW: What's your opinion on dead characters reappearing in BG2? Minsc and Xzan make appearances and I killed both of them in BG1.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
oldmanpaco said:
BTW: What's your opinion on dead characters reappearing in BG2? Minsc and Xzan make appearances and I killed both of them in BG1.

Well, there are two ways to create continuity between a game and it's sequel. Either You do it BG/Fallout style: assuming some version of events to be the canonical one, or You do it Mass Effect style: remembering each decision made by player in the first game.
The first one can lead to situations like those You mentioned (meeting a character who should be dead). The second avoids that, but doesn't allow any real continuity between the games - consequently making all the choices from the first game purely esthetic overall.
Considering all thee pros and cons, I prefer the BG/Fallout way.

Also: MOAR LP PLZ!

Nickless

Educated
I just pretend some magical dude found their corpses and decided to return them to life. At the very least the game often gives you conversation choices that recognise what you did in the previous game. "Aren't you dead?/Didn't I kill you?"

Morkar Left

Nickless said:
I just pretend some magical dude found their corpses and decided to return them to life. At the very least the game often gives you conversation choices that recognise what you did in the previous game. "Aren't you dead?/Didn't I kill you?"

This.

If they get into your way kill them if they ask for it. If not just ignore them. But in doubt be nextgen and do the carnage.

waywardOne

Arcane
re:CC hostile

it's a Shout bug (shout = script for the AI to call for help).

can you tell me the circumstance when they all go red? and who? (i'm assuming it's the same as what i experienced with even the commoners going red).

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
waywardOne said:
re:CC hostile

it's a Shout bug (shout = script for the AI to call for help).

can you tell me the circumstance when they all go red? and who? (i'm assuming it's the same as what i experienced with even the commoners going red).

It's when I go up to enjoy the whores. I got approval from the owner guy (can't remember his name) and the door guard lets me in. Once I get in however a guard yells intruder and everyone turns red upstairs. As soon as we start fighting everyone downstairs turns red as well.

I can watch the pit fight however. I got irritated so I didn’t go through and let the slaves out yet. My fear is that when I do so there is going to be a clusterfuck once the guards upstairs get involved.

JrK

Prophet
Could you try to CTRL-Y the guards who yell "intruder" before hand?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom