Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's Play - BGT with a Codex Crew

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
chzr said:
im just wondering if it's because those bows, i dunno what weapons everyone has but this looks terrifying.

I knew the 'Vibradeath' was overpowered but 42 damage! I suppose I should not use it anymore. Almost like cheating.

This is as far as I've played. Not going to be able to update for awhile, maybe not until next weekend.

chzr

Scholar
looks like Wulf is probably one of the best tanks so far, hope he'll last more updates.

shame that mrowakus died so soon, looked like he could have some nice lines :salute:

anyway, keep up the good work :thumbsup:

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Wulf is an admirable hunk of meat meatshield. :thumbsup:

At the risk of jinxing her death, I'm also quite content to see Penny reaching -5 AC already. There shouldn't be many enemies capable of hitting -5 at this level.

How's Boon of Lathander working out for you? I seem to recall it being pretty neat in BG2.

waywardOne

Arcane
lulz. i remember when SCS was touted as a non-cheesy alternative to the Tactics mod. those magic items would be out of place through at least the first two chapters of BG2.

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
chzr said:
looks like Wulf is probably one of the best tanks so far, hope he'll last more updates.

Ulminati said:
Wulf is an admirable hunk of meat meatshield. :thumbsup:

At the risk of jinxing her death, I'm also quite content to see Penny reaching -5 AC already. There shouldn't be many enemies capable of hitting -5 at this level.

How's Boon of Lathander working out for you? I seem to recall it being pretty neat in BG2.

Unlike The Barbarian (class) and Grunker (STR) Wulf and Penny can wear plate. Makes a big difference.

Also - Doh. Haven't used Boon of Lathander once yet.

waywardOne said:
lulz. i remember when SCS was touted as a non-cheesy alternative to the Tactics mod. those magic items would be out of place through at least the first two chapters of BG2.

I'm not sure where those items are coming from. I have NtotSC and DSofSC installed. My guess it's from one of them.

Also someone has a real hard-on for druids. Did you see all those +3/+4 druid only items we found?

waywardOne

Arcane
oldmanpaco said:
I'm not sure where those items are coming from. I have NtotSC and DSofSC installed. My guess it's from one of them.

Also someone has a real hard-on for druids. Did you see all those +3/+4 druid only items we found?

treehuggers did kinda get the shaft in vanilla bg. i wouldn't begrudge them a few ubertoys.

how's the targeting by the AI? davidw did a good job with casters but his physical combat philosophy was asinine (last i checked in '08).

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
@waywardOne: It is. SCS is by any means the non-cheesy version of Tactics - none of the mods add many items, the reason it's non-cheesy is it relies more on tweaking AI and less on tweaking monster strength.

The items come many of Paco's other mods. I do suspect NtotSC and DSofSC of being some of the worst sinners though.

taplonaplo

Scholar
You should be getting around ~40 crits even without that bow pretty soon. Just make sure to pimp chzr with all the +dmg and +str items you can find. Her THAC0 is now sufficient to hit anything for the rest of the game anyway.

But the loot you are getting is sometimes kinda OP, like the 0AC leather armor and +4ac ring, and ofc THE bow.

Nickless

Educated
Awesome update. Having almost always played melee, are archers still very useful in BG2 and the expansion, or do they start to dwindle in power while melee grows?

taplonaplo

Scholar
They definitely start to be less stellar when you get properly geared. They are still useful, but their damage output can't keep up with melee or magic.

JrK

Prophet
The problem is mostly that monsters start getting immune to piercing damage, which nullifies any archers. There are still many opponents that will still suffer death by archer.

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
RIP Mrowakus :(

That was very short. I hoped I'd get to shoot white beams of energy or whatever ;)
To die young accompanied by blasts of magick force is the fate reserved to most of the versed in arcane lore.
Anyway, here goes another meatbag hero[ine] to join you ranks:

edwinalarge.jpg

edwinasmall.jpg

Name: Alais
Species: Human
Class: Sorceress or a Thief lv 7 Dualed to Mage lv whatever depending on which class will fit your setup.
Character:Chaotic Evil
Background: Murderous trecherous bitch that will backstab you for the lulz at any given opportunity. Mrowakus's sister ;)

Stats:

Str:9
Dex:17
Con:16 <- make it at least 16 this time around :please:
Int:17
Wis:8
Char:17

I guess it will take some time and a number of consecutive deaths before she gets to play around with you join your party ;)

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Looks kind of like a young boy. Let's hope we don't get any more monks in the party ;)

Mrowak

Arcane
Ulminati said:
Looks kind of like a young boy. Let's hope we don't get any more monks in the party ;)

Kids these days. If it doesn't flash boobz at every given moment it must be a tranny :P (and even then [especially then!!!] you can't be quite sure until ITZ too late ;) )

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Mrowak said:
Ulminati said:

Kids these days. If it doesn't flash boobz at every given moment it must be a tranny :P (and even then [especially then!!!] you can't be quite sure until ITZ too late ;) )

Look at those huge hands. That's a post-op if I ever saw one.

Mrowak

Arcane
Ulminati said:
Mrowak said:
Ulminati said:

Look at those huge hands. That's a post-op if I ever saw one.

Heh you've got a point there. Original Edwina is after all a tranny. :P
God damn, if not for you I'd get trannified. Thanks Ulminati :brofist:
That only proves that the vile influence of SMA on these forums is stronger than one would be lead to believe. (have just read The Age of Inanity thread).

Anyway, oldmanpaco keep the portraits that way if you are in for some more tranny lulz beside SMA. Otherwise please use one set of the two below:

alaisred.jpg

alaisredsmall.jpg

alaisfrostflamelarge.jpg

alaisfrostflamesmall.jpg

Once again:

Mrowak said:
Name: Alais
Species: Human
Class: Sorceress or a Thief lv 7 Dualed to Mage lv whatever depending on which class will fit your setup.
Character:Chaotic Evil
Background: Murderous trecherous bitch that will backstab you for the lulz at any given opportunity. Mrowakus's sister ;)

Stats:

Str:9
Dex:17
Con:16 <- make it at least 16 this time around :please:
Int:17
Wis:8
Char:17

I guess it will take some time and a number of consecutive deaths before she gets to play around with you join your party ;)

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
So do the 3 people who read this LP still want me to go back to the 1024x640 scaling (been using native 1280x800)? I keep forgetting to ask this before I upload pics then I'm too lazy to do it.

marooned

Liturgist
4 people.

It would be nice since I hardly read the ingame text and this is an old computer but actually I don't really mind _that_ much. I'm going to keep reading this LP regardless.

:salute:

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
The big resolution hurts my laptop, so I can't read this LP at lectures :(

Other than that I'm fine (probably a good thing, wouldn't learn much otherwise ;)).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom