Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Let's Play AI Dungeon World Edition | The World of Kedar: An Outcast's Tale

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Just trying to see how flexible the dragon build is. Giving elaborate instructions to Griffin can cause the AI to completely flip out.
You need to write from the perspective that you're writing a story.

The "AI" is really just a predictive text algorithm. It's predicting what the next sentences will look like based on thousands of stories it's read and the keywords you're inputting, the context of the surrounding data (some of the story so far or world info or memory) and also with a degree of randomness.

As far as complexity goes, consider that Griffin is what usually writes the first text after the initial prompt, and that's up to 2000 characters long.

Here, I'll show you:

Kedar is a world of dragons, demons, and monsters. These dark creatures constantly war for control of the land, leaving the few human kingdoms in the shadow of a dark and powerful force. But now, the kingdoms of man are fighting back, slowly assembling an army to reclaim their world.

You are Dave, a male Half-demon sorcerer in the town of Tivor. You've been ostracized by your people for your demonic heritage and have been living on the outskirts of the town, living off their scraps. You developed your gift for magic over the years and have come to Tivor in hopes of becoming an apprentice to a powerful wizard. One day as you enter the town a messenger on horseback rides up to you and delivers you a message.

The message is from Master Craxil, the wizard you hope to become an apprentice of. The message says he wants to speak with you immediately in his tower. You're puzzled by this, as Craxil has never spoken to you or anyone else in Tivor before. You decide to go to his tower, hoping it will do you some good.
You walk towards Craxil's tower which rises over the town. You open the door and begin climbing the stairs to the top. Craxil waits for you there, he does not turn to look at you but instead stares out the window at the town bellow. As you reach the last step Craxil turns to face you. He is a powerfully built man with black hair and wearing black robes. A long black beard covers his chest and his dark eyes are filled with wisdom and power.
"So you are Dave, the outcast," Craxil says, "I have been expecting you."
"You have?" you ask, confused.
"Yes, you have great potential and I need someone with your skills for an important task. One that might restore your faith in humanity."
Craxil tells you that Kedarn has been attacked by strange night creatures and some of their forces have been sent to the neighboring Kensei for aid, but now Kense has been experiencing attacks too.
He says the demon summoning circle must be found and destroyed. It is the only way to stop these attacks.
If you succeed you will become his apprentice and begin your path to becoming a great sorcerer, but only if you have the skill and power necessary.
You must decide now if you want to attempt this quest or return home.

> You cast Polymorph on him and turn him into a chipmunk.
You are disappointed in Craxil and decide to try something different; you will turn him into a chipmunk. All you have to do is cast the spell and he will be your slave forever.
You begin to chant the incantations and point your finger at Craxil. Suddenly your nose begins to itch, your eyes water and you find yourself scratching your nose and eyes until it finally stops itching. You then notice Craxil has become a small red chipmunk sitting in your hand.
"Ah, it looks like you were successful," Craxil says, "but I doubt you'd be able to control me with that shitty spell now, would you?"

> You say "Listen up, Craxil, I know the game. You want me to risk my life for you and kill these demons while you sit up here in your tower and do nothing. Is that it? Well, fine. But you'd better offer me a real reward or I'm throwing your chipmunk ass out the window."
"You talk tough, human, but you ain't never been threatened by a little chipmunk before," Craxil says
Then Craxil leaps at your throat! You fly backward and land hard on the ground. As the two of you grapple, you notice a strange red glow coming from under the door to Craxil's lab.
The noises of fighting cover up whatever sound that happens next...
THE END
You reached the "human chipmunk" ending.
Yellow are my commands, pink is Griffon-generated text.

Where Dragon excels is in its larger dataset and better predictive algorithms...usually. The above is about equal to much of what Dragon would write. I usually have to reroll a couple of times past the dumb responses it generates.

But the real reason to subscribe is to have access to all the cool tools like Author's Note and to edit World Info during an adventure. Both of which help you get closer to what you want, regardless of the AI model you use.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Lagole Gon
All the versions of a 2000 character limit.

Ideally, you want all named characters to be in your world info. Even then, it still may forget them, but at least there’s a change of it remembering them.

In the free version you can’t edit the world info during gameplay, so you either need to make a custom scenario with a named characters you wish to see in your game beforehand, or as I did, you can use the /memory feature, which is accessible via the pin icon on the bottom of the screen.

The /memory feature has a 1000 character limit though, so as you go along in your story you can clean off irrelevant data or things you don’t really care about. It also counts toward your 2000 character limit, so it’s best to keep it short if you can.

EG:
Your name is Mortimer. You are a half elf. You are a red dragon disciple sorcerer.
You are a tall Indian man and have pink spiky hair.
You have a magic sword called Lynchbane which strangles any enemy it cuts with invisible magic rope.
Your wife is a porcupine named Cinderella.
You are currently on a quest to find the men’s room in a mall.

It’s not 100%, but the AI will at least have a chance of remembering that. I think it prioritizes world info and actual game text above this though. Not sure.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom