Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's Opera! Il Trovatore.

Erebus

Arcane
Argh ! I can't watch the fifth part !

The rest is very nice. Azucena's quite an interesting character ; she obviously hasn't been quite compos mentis for a while, but she's not completely insane either and she's still acting to get her revenge.

Complex and essential back-stories are not uncommon in opera, but Il Trovatore really doesn't spend much time on detailing it !

@ Erebus

Apparently no one in, say, 273 countries would be able to. Gee, I'll try reuploading it later. Maybe try some stuffies to fool the, uhm, thingie.

Either this is epic fail in their detector system, or the other six videos being watchable are.

@ Kz3r0

Thank you again for the corrections and for the nice words. :3

At least the mistakes this time were born more from being too literal than from being too liberal. I'll get into correcting them once if fix the second update.

And sorry about the mixing up with sgherri. The word had me stumped for a while, as all the translations I knew, or could find, of it were kind of too formal sounding for the context. Goons sound like the kind of word I was looking for.

I did upload the fifth part again, divided into four smaller tracks, and it seems it works now. Let's just hope it stays that way.

Follow the set of links right below the original one to watch them.

Now back to translating the following chapter and editing the errors from the previous one.

Erebus

Arcane
Thanks for replacing the fifth part !

I often find the hammering to be too loud in the Gypsy Chorus, but it's just fine in this recording.

Krraloth

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2
Man, this an awesome project, neko janai!
You are very brave taking on Verdi like that.

Personal question: did you watch Il Trovatore live? How did you got inspired by doing this? I'm curious

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Thanks for necroing this and reminding me of another awesome contribution Black Cat had made to this place.

Goddamnit.

Krraloth

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2
I am already paying! Yesterday I shifted close to 2 tons of wood logs for a pizza place.

Look, the non-cat is quality, even if she has the tendency of disappearing, but what manner of magical cat would that be if she couldn't pull a vanishing act or two? Huh?
Pray do tell me!

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
^ Hmmm... I am a little bit worried about the low volume of traffic on Rpg Watch - very few people visit the Off-topic subforum, not to mention your thread. This is probably on account of much smaller community. I think that bringing this thread back to the 'Dex would be a good idea.

Sukeban Cho

Erudite
I'll see if I can convince Lyka to put some effort into remembering what she changed my passwords to, then. Otherwise I can't edit the table of contents, which was the reason not to move this one back here.

Awkward.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
C'mon BC, you know your ego can't resist all the love you'll get for reviving another one of your awesome Let's ;)
Always goo to have you back :love:

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
It seems to me BC simply got bored with this LP, having been further discuraged by the low volume of audience, and happily went on to do other, more satisfying stuffies.

Sukeban Cho

Erudite
It is not that I am bored. As you surely remember I have had troubles with both YouTube and Dailymotion, which is kind of meh, and now it seems I can only edit posts older than an hour by asking a Moderator to do so for me, which kind of makes a big bother from both making big revisions to already translated scenes and editing the table of contents. And my OCD isn't going to let me live with an incomplete table of contents: Either I don't have one, or I have a perfectly up-to-date one.

Though I'll accept being a total attention whore does not make me feel motivated with the lukewarm reception.

Maybe I'll start something different if I find something among the games I'm playing right now that does fit with this place. Role playing games are kind of dead to me.

Krraloth

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2
If the woman may be persuaded to keep going with it, yes.
Audience is shit, apparently.
I can say for sure that there are 4 lurkers that wish you continue BC, they will never ever register here to say so, tho.

Do IT!
Overcome the OCD!
In the name of Culture!

Sukeban Cho

Erudite
001.JPG
Attention detected. Essential systems recovered. *bzzt* Damns starting to be given. Engaging whoring protocols. *bzzt* Getting thread up to date.

Act the second; La Zingara. Scene the second.
In which the Count is awesome and very hot.

Believing Manrico to be dead Leonora goes delusional and tries to join a convent so that they may be joined in the afterlife, or something. However, this scene is not about her but about the Count, who shows such a fiery burning soul he would be right at home in a manly fighting anime.

Il balen del suo sorriso manages to be both tender and manly, and Zancanaro's voice is really sexy on it. The following two segments with the Count ranting while Ferrando and the minions trying to get him to hide, first, and to stop himself of revealing himself before time, then, is one of my personal favorites, and the way it is here sung makes it really endearing and cute. Say, adorkable! And while "Non può nemmeno un Dio, donna, rapirti a me!" is the kind of thingie few guys can get away with saying the Count manages to make it sound both cool and, like, totally sincere. And the ending segment is pretty cool, too, with Manrico, Di Luna, Leonora, and several other characters all singing at the same time and going through a variety of feelings and moods.

Anyway, this is an often overlooked scene but I really like it so I hope you guys enjoy it and stuffies.

05.06.2012: This is the first of three updates I did on the Watch when I was absent from here. I have to get those out of the way before starting with the last act. Also, Chibi-Kz3r0 did help me quite a lot on this one as there are some really hardcore passages here that I would have had a really hard time making sense of without his help. So,

:love: Huggies!

Atrio interno di un luogo di ritiro in vicinanza di Castellor. Alberi nel fondo. È notte. Il Conte, Ferrando ed alcuni seguaci inoltrandosi cautamente avviluppati nei loro mantelli.

Inner atrium of a place of retreat near Castellor. Trees in the back. It is night. The Count, Ferrando, and some minions carefully advance wrapped under their cloaks.

Conte: Tutto è deserto, né per l'aura ancora suona l'usato carme… In tempo io giungo!

Count: Everything's deserted, and through the air now doesn't sound the usual hymns… At time I arrive!

Ferrando: Ardita opra, o Signore, imprendi.

Ferrando: Daring task, O lord, undertake.

Conte: Ardita, e qual furente amore ed irritato orgoglio chiesero a me. Spento il rival, caduto ogni ostacol sembrava a' miei desiri; novello e più possente ella ne appresta… L'altare! Ah no, non fia d'altri, Leonora! Leonora è mia! Il balen del suo sorriso d'una stella vince il raggio! Il fulgor del suo bel viso novo infonde in me coraggio! Ah! L'amor, l'amore ond'ardo le favelli in mio favor! Sperda il sole d'un suo sguardo la tempesta del mio cor.

Count: Daring, it is what raging love and irritated pride required of me. Wasted the rival and fallen all obstacles appeared to my desire; then a new and most powerful she prepares… the altar! Ah no, she won't be of others, Leonora! Leonora is mine! The flashing light of her smile of a star defeats the ray! The brightness of her beautiful face infuses me courage! Ah! The love, the love on which I burn speaks in my favour! Disperse the sun of her eyes, tempest of my heart! (This part would have been literally impossible without chibi-Kz3r0, :hug:)

Odesi il rintocco de' sacri bronzi.

It is heard the tolling of sacred bronze.

Conte: Qual suono! Oh ciel…

Count: That sound! Oh heaven…

Ferrando: La squilla vicino il rito annunzia!

Ferrando: The blaring near the rite announces!

Count: Ah! Pria che giunga all'altar… si rapisca!

Count: Ah! Before arriving to the altar… she must be kidnaped!

Ferrando: Ah, bada!

Ferrando: Ah, watch out!

Conte: Taci! Non odo… andate… di quei faggi all'ombra celatevi…

Count: Quiet! I don't hear… Go… from those beeches in the shadows hide…

Ferrando e seguaci si allontanano.

Ferrando and the minions remove themselves.

Conte: Ah! Fra poco mia diverrà… Tutto m'investe un foco!

Count: Ah! In a little while mine she will become… Whole I am assailed by fire!

Ansioso, guardingo osserva dalla parte donde deve giungere Leonora, mentre Ferrando e i seguaci dicono sottovoce…

Anxious, cautiously watches from where must arrive Leonora, as Ferrando and the minions say softly…

Ferrando, seguaci: Ardire! Andiam… celiamoci fra l'ombre… nel mister! Ardire! Andiam! Silenzio! Si compia il suo voler.

Ferrando, minions: Daring! Let's go… Let's hide under the shadow… in mistery! Boldness! Let's go! Silence! Complete is becoming his will.

Conte: Per me, ora fatale, i tuoi momenti affretta: La gioia che m'aspetta gioia mortal non è! Invano un Dio rivale s'oppone all'amor mio: Non può nemmeno un Dio, donna, rapirti a me!

Conte: For me, fateful hour, your time hurry: The joy that awaits for me is not mortal joy! In vain a rival God opposes my love: Not even a God could, woman, take you away from me!

S'allontana a poco a poco e si nasconde col coro fra gli alberi.

He little by little removes and hides himself with the choir between the trees.

Coro religiose: Ah! Se l'error t'ingombra, o figlia d'Eva, i rai, presso a morir, vedrai che un'ombra, un sogno fu, anzi del sogno un'ombra la speme di quaggiù! Vieni e t'asconda il velo ad ogni sguardo umano! Aura o pensier mondano qui vivo più non è. Al ciel ti volgi e il cielo si schiuderà per te.

Religious choir: Ah! If error stiffle you, o daughter of Eve, your eye, near death, will see that a shadow, a dream they were, or rather of a dream the shade, the hopes of this world! Come and be hidden by the veil from all human eyes! Breath or thought mundane here alive no longer is. To heaven you turn and heaven will unlock itself for you.

Leonora con Ines e seguito muliebre.

Leonora with Ines and womanly entourage.

Leonora: Perchè piangete?

Leonora: Why do you cry?

Donne: Ah! Dunque tu per sempre ne lasci!

Donne: Ah! Hence you for ever leave us!

Leonora: O dolci amiche, un riso, una speranza, un fior la terra non ha per me! Degg'io volgermi a quei che degli afflitti è solo sostegno e dopo i penitenti giorni può fra gli eletti al mio perduto bene ricongiungermi un dì! Tergete i rai e guidatemi all'ara!

Leonora: O sweet friends, a laugh, a hope, a flower earth has not for me! I must turn to those who the afflicted and alone support, and after penitent days I might between the chosen with he whom I lost be a day reunited! Wipe clean the eyes and guide me to the altar!

Conte: No, giammai!

Count: No, never!

Donne: Il Conte!

Women: The count!

Leonora: Giusto ciel!

Leonora: Just heaven!

Conte: Per te non avvi che l'ara d'imeneo.

Count: For you there is but the alter of Imeneo.

Donne: Cotanto ardia!

Women: So he dared!

Leonora: Insano! E qui venisti?

Leonora: Madman! To what did you come?

Conte: A farti mia.

Count: To make you mine.

E sì dicendo scagliarsi verso Leonora, onde impadronirsi di lei, ma fra esso e la preda trovasi, qual fantasma sorto di sotterra, Manrico. Un grido universale irrompe.

As if saying yes throws herself forward Leonora, so that he may take possesion of her, but between him and his prey appears, as a ghost from the underworld, Manrico. A universal shout.

Leonora: E deggio… e posso crederlo? Ti veggo a me d'accanto! È questo un sogno, un'estasi, un sovrumano incanto! Non regge a tanto giubilo rapito, il cor sospeso! Sei tu dal ciel disceso, o in ciel son io cor te?

Leonora: It's him… and can I believe it? I see you to me nearby! Is this a dream, an ecstasy, a superhuman spell! Can't bear by so much joy be taken, the heart suspended! Have you from heaven descended, or in heaven am I with you?

Conte: Dunque gli estinti lasciano di morte il regno eterno; a danno mio rinunzia le prede sue l'inferno! Ma se non mai si fransero de' giorni tuoi gli stami, se vivi e viver brami, fuggi da lei, da me.

Count: Hence the extinguished leave of death the eternal kingdom; To my injury relinquishes hell its prey! But if never was cut of your days the stem, if you live and to live you covet, escape from here, from me.

Manrico: Né m'ebbe il ciel, né l'orrido varco infernal sentiero… Infami sgherri vibrano mortali colpi, è vero! Potenza irresistibile hanno de' fiumi l'onde! Ma gli empi un Dio confonde! Quel Dio soccorse a me.

Manrico: Nothing into this has heaven, nor the horrid crossing of infernal passages… Vile goons vibrated the mortal strike, it's true! Irresistible power have the waves of the river! But them a God confounds! That God rescued me.

Donne, a Leonora: Il cielo in cui fidasti pietade avea di te.

Women, to Leonora: The heaven in which you trusted piety had of you.

Ferrando e seguaci, al Conte: Tu col destin contrasti: Suo difensore egli è.

Ferrando and minions, to the count: You with fate clashed: His protector it is.

Ruiz seguito da una lunga tratta di armati, e detti…

Ruiz followed by a large number of men-at-arms, and says… (there's a chance this should be translated as "Ruiz followed by a large number of men-at-arms, the already mentioned..." or similar)

Ruiz: Urgel viva!

Ruiz: Long live Urgel!

Manrico: Miei prodi guerrieri!

Manrico: My brave warriors!

Ruiz: Vieni…

Ruiz: Come…

Manrico, a Leonora: Donna, mi segui.

Manrico, to Leonora: Lady, follow me.

Conte: E tu speri?

Conte: And you hope for this?

Leonora: Ah!

Leonora: Ah!

Manrico, al Conte: T'arresta…

Manrico, to the Count: Halt yourself…

Conte, unsheathing the sword: Involarmi costei! No!

Count, to the Count: To get away with her! No!

Ruiz & armati, accerchiando il Conte: Vaneggi!

Ruiz & men-at-arms, surrounding the Count: Delirious!

Ferrando, seguaci: Che tenti, Signor?

Ferrando, minions: What do you attempt, Lord?

Il Conte è disarmato da quei di Ruiz.

The count is disarmed by Ruiz.

Conte: Di ragione ogni lume perdei!

Count: Of reason all light I lose!

Leonora, fra sè: M'atterrisce…

Leonora, to herself: It terrifies me…

Conte: Ho le furie nel cor!

Count: I have wrath in my heart.

Ruiz & Armati, a Manrico: Vien: La sorte sorride per te.

Ruiz and the Men-at-arms, to Manrico: Come: Luck smiles for you.

Ferrando e seguaci, al Conte: Cedi; or ceder viltade non è.

Ferrando and minions, to the Count: Yield; Now yielding isn't cowardice.

Manrico tragge seco Leonora, il Conte è respinto; le donne rifuggono al cenobio.

Manrico draws Leonora along, the Count is rejected; the women escape into the monastery.

And thus ends the second act. Next time we meet with them we will see ancient evil isn't at all needed to have epic battles and sieges, as thingies quickly spiral out of control when the armies of Aragon and Urgel become entwined in this kind of crazy love triangle. You have dancing soldiers, singing crossbowmen, and heroic charges to look forward!

'til next time!

Kz3r0

Arcane
05.06.2012: This is the first of three updates I did on the Watch when I was absent from here. I have to get those out of the way before starting with the last act. Also, Chibi-Kz3r0 did help me quite a lot on this one as there are some really hardcore passages here that I would have had a really hard time making sense of without his help. So,

:love: Huggies!

:love:
Excellent work :salute:.
Did you manage to resolve those copyright problems?

Sukeban Cho

Erudite
Act the third; Il Figlio Della Zingara. Scene the first.
In which a certain gypsy shows us just how awesome you can be without no one noticing.

So here we are, once again, ready for some epic singing. Let me say, one more time, how very sorry I am about this delay, but don't worry nor fret too much: We are almost there! Only three more scenes to go, and they are all kind of short. This scene is, also, kind of short, and I had planned on doing both this one and the next one, also shortish, in a single post but, alas, I wanted to show you people that this was still alive.

Anyway, as this scene begins we rejoin the Count of Luna as his army lays siege upon Castellor, where Manrico and Leonora are hidden. There are three very awesome moments in this one part: Squilli, echeggi la tromba guerriera is a delightful little song, and since first listening to it I haven't been able to imagine the Count's armies as anything other than Asterix's roman legions. Then there is a very small moment for Ferrando to shine while reporting to the Count, and finally we get to a terzetto with the Count, Ferrando, and Azucena singing with choral accompaniment.

Accampamento. A destra il padiglione del Conte di Luna, su cui sventola la bandiera in segno di supremo comando; da lungi torreggia Castellor. Scolte di uomini d'arme dappertutto; alcuni giuocano, altri puliscono le armi, altri passeggiano. Poi Ferrando dal padiglione del Conte.

A camp. To the right the Count of Luna's pavilion, above which flutters the flag as a symbol of supreme leadership; far away the towers of Castellor. Men of arms can be seen everywhere; some gambling, others cleaning the weapors, others walking by. Later Ferrando (comes out) the Count's pavilion.

Alcuni armigeri: Or co' dadi, ma fra poco giuocherem ben altro gioco.

Some armigers: Now with dice, but soon enough we'll play well another game.

Altri: Quest'acciar, dal sangue or terso, fia di sangue in breve asperso!

Others: This steel, of blood now clean, will of blood be soon sprinkled!

Odonsi strumenti guerrieri.

Are heard the instruments of warriors.

Alcuni: Il soccorso dimandato!

Some: The help demanded!

Altri: Han l'aspetto del valor!

Others: They have the appearance of valour!

Un grosso drappello di balestieri, in completa armatura, travesa il campo.

A big platoon of crossbowmen, in full armor, passes through the camp.

Tutti: Più l'assalto ritardato or non fia di Castellor.

All: More the assault delayed will not be of Castellor.

Ferrando: Sì, prodi amici; al dì novello è mente del capitan la rocca investir d'ogni parte. Colà pingue bottino certezza è rinvenir più che speranza. Si vinca; è nostro.

Ferrando: Yes, brave friends; To the next day is mind of the captain the fortress assault from all sides. There fat booty (This line is kind of awesome in that all translations sound really weird, but this one takes the prize) is certainty more than hope. If victorious; it's ours.

Tutti: Tu c'inviti a danza! Squilli, echeggi la tromba guerriera, chiami all'armi, alla pugna, all'assalto; fia domani la nostra bandiera di quei merli piantata sull'alto. No, giammai non sorrise vittoria di più liete speranze finor! Ivi l'util ci aspetta e la gloria, ivi opimi la preda e l'onor.

All: You are invited to dance! Blare, echo the warrior trumpet, call to arms, to battle, to raid; be tomorrow our flag of those merlons be planted high. No, never before smiled for us victory with more delightful hope so far. There the gain awaits us, and the glory. There of a General the prey and the honor. (I originally completely forgot to translate that last line, so chibi-Kz3r0 did it for me. :hug:)

Il conte uscito dalla tenda, volge uno sguardo bieco a Castellor.

The count leaves the tent, turns a sullen look to Castellor.

Conte: In braccio al mio rival! Questo pensiero come persecutor demone ovunque m'insegue! In braccio al mio rival! Ma corro, surta appena l'aurora, io corro e separarvi… Oh Leonora!

Count: In arms of mine rival! This thought like persecutour demon everywhere pursues me! In arms of mine rival! But I run, spout barely the aurora, I run to separate you… Oh, Leonora!

Odesi tumulto.

It is heard a tumult.

Conte: Che fu?

Count: What was? (i.e: What did happen?)

Ferrando: Dappresso il campo s'aggirava una zingara: sorpresa da' nostri esploratori, si volse in fuga; essi, a ragion temendo. Una spia nella trista, l'inseguir…

Ferrando: Near the camp was going around a gypsy: Surprised by our scouts, she turns to escape; they, a motive fearing, she a wretched spy, pursue her…

Conte: Fu raggiunta?

Count: Was she caught?

Ferrando: È presa.

Ferrando: She's held.

Conte: Vista l'hai tu?

Count: Have you seen her?

Ferrando: No; della scorta il condottier m'apprese l'evento.

Ferrando: No; by the escort's condottiere was I informed of the event.

Conte: Eccola.

Count: Here it is.

Tumulto più vicino. Detti, Azucena, con le mani avvinte, trascinata dagli esploratori, un codazzo d'altri soldati sua tenda seguito da errando.

Tumult all around. The aforementioned, Azucena, with hands tied, dragged by the scouts. A throng of other soldiers to the tent behind them wanders.

Esploratori: Innanzi, o strega, innanzi…

Scout: Advance, o witch, move forward…

Azucena: Aita! Mi lasciate… O furibondi che mal fec'io?

Azucena: Ay! Leave me… O, furious one, what evil have I done?

Conte: S'appressi.

Count: Approach.

Azucena è tratta innanzi al Conte.

Azucena is handed to the Count.

Conte: A me rispondi e trema dal mentir!

Count: Answer to me, and tremble about lying!

Azucena: Chiedi!

Azucena: Ask!

Conte: Ove vai?

Count: Where do you go?

Azucena: Nol so.

Azucena: I don't know.

Conte: Che?

Count: What?

Azucena: D'una zingara è costume muover senza disegno il passo vagabondo, ed è suo tetto il ciel, sua patria il mondo.

Azucena: Of a gypsy it is custom to take without design the wandering steps. And it is her roof the sky, her fatherland the world. (in the romance languages there are fatherlands, from the Latin patria, instead of motherlands)

Conte: E vieni?

Count: And you come?

Azucena: Da Biscaglia, ove finora le sterili montagne ebbi a ricetto!

Azucena: From Biscaglia, where until now the sterile mountains have been refuge!

Conte: Da Biscaglia!

Count: From Biscaglia!

Ferrando, fra sè: Che intesi! O qual sospetto!

Ferrando, to himself: What do I understand! O, what do I suspect!

Azucena: Giorni poveri vivea, pur contenta del mio stato; sola speme un figlio vea… Mi lasciò! M'oblia, l'ingrato! Io deserta, vado errando di quel figlio ricercando, di quel figlio che al mio core pene orribili costò! Qual per esso provo amore madre in terra non provò!

Azucena: Poor days I lived, correctly content of my rank; only hope a son was… He left me! He forgets me, the ungrateful! Alone, I go roaming and for that son looking, for that son that to my heart a horrible sorrow did cost! Like that I show love no mother in earth did show!

Ferrando, fra sè: Il Suo volto!

Ferrando, to himself: Her face!

Conte: Di', traesti lunga etade tra quei monti?

Count: Say, have you been a long period in those mountains?

Azucena: Lunga, sì.

Azucena: Long, yes.

Conte: Rammenteresti un fanciul, prole di conti, involato al suo castello, son tre lustri, e tratto quivi?

Count: Do you remember a child, progeny of counts, stolen from his castle, since then three five years periods, (English doesn't seem to have a direct equivalent of Lustro/Lustrum, and neither a decade and half nor fifteen years fit with the general idea of keeping the original style as much as possible) and brought there?

Azucena: E tu, parla… sei?

Azucena: And you, speak… are?

Conte: Fratello del rapito.

Count: Brother of the abducted.

Azucena: Ah!

Azucena: Ah!

Ferrando, notando il mal nascosto terrore di Azucena: Sì!

Ferrando, noticing Azucena's badly hidden terror: Yes!

Conte: Ne udivi mai novella?

Conte: Did you ever heard anything of this?

Azucena: Io? No… Concedi che del figlio l'orme io scopra.

Azucena: Me? No… Allow me to look for the footprints of the son.

Ferrando: Resta, iniqua…

Ferrando: Stay, wicked woman…

Azucena: Ohimè!

Azucena: Ay!

Ferrando, ai conde: Tu vedi chi l'infame, orribil opra commettea…

Ferrando, to the count: You see that who the vile, horrible work did…

Conte: Finisci.

Count: Continue.

Ferrando: È dessa.

Ferrando: It's her!

Azucena: Taci.

Azucena: Keep quiet.

Ferrando: È dessa che il bambino arse!

Ferrando: It is her who the child burned!

Conte: Ah! perfida!

Count: Ah, perfidious!

Coro: Ella stessa!

Chorus: She, herself!

Azucena: Ei mentisce…

Azucena: You have been lied…

Conte: Al tuo destino or non fuggi.

Count: To your fate now you will not escape!

Azucena: Deh!

Azucena: Whoopsie! (alright, take that as "Oh, god!" instead XD)

Conte: Quei nodi più stringete.

Count: Those knots make most tight!

I soldati eseguiscono.

The soldiers carry that out.

Azucena: Oh! Dio! Oh Dio!

Azucena: Oh! God! Oh, God!

Coro: Urla pure.

Chorus: By all means, scream.

Azucena: E tu non m'odi, o Manrico, o figlio mio? Non soccorri all'infelice madre tua?

Azucena: And you don't hear me, o Manrico, o my son? Will you not help this unhappy mother of yours?

Conte: Sarebbe ver? Di Manrico genitrice?

Count: Could it be true? Of Manrico the parent?

Ferrando: Trema!

Ferrando: Tremble!

Conte: Oh sorte! In mio poter!

Count: Oh fate! In my hands!

Azucena: Deh, rallentate, o barbari, le acerbe mie ritorte… Questo crudel supplizio è prolungata morte… D'iniquo genitore empio figliuol peggiore, trema! V'è Dio pei miseri, e Dio ti punirà!

Azucena: Ay, slow down, o barbarians, the harsh twisting of me... This cruel torment and prolonged death… Of vile parent the even more impious son, tremble! Cares God for the miserable, and God will punish you!

Conte: Tua prole, o turpe zingara, colui, quel traditore? Potrò col tuo supplizio ferirlo in mezzo al core! Gioia m'inonda il petto, cui non esprime il detto! Meco il fraterno cenere piena vendetta avrà!

Count: Your spawn, o filthy gypsy, him, that traitor? I could with your torment injure him right in the middle of the heart! Joy floods my chest, which can't be expressed in words! With me the brotherly cinders full revenge will have!

Ferrando, coro: Infame pira sorgere, ah, sì, vedrai tra poco… Né solo tuo supplizio sarà terreno foco! Le vampe dell'inferno a te fina rogo eterno; ivi penare ed ardere l'anima tua dovrà!

Ferrando, chorus: Dreadful pyre arise, ah, yes, you'll see soon… But your torment will not be just earthly fire! The flames of hell for you intense eternal pyre; There will suffer and burn your soul!

Al cenno del Conte i soldati traggon seco Azucena. Egli entra nella sua tenda, seguito da Ferrando.

With a gesture of the Count, the soldiers carry Azucena along. He goes into his tent followed by Ferrando.

Poor defenseless Azucena fell into the hands of the evil, twisted Count and is going to be painfully executed so that her captor can both avenge his late brother and enjoy making his rival suffer! Will Manrico leave his loving, kind, innocent mother to meet such a grizzly end at the hands of his enemy, or will our titular troubadour heroically ride out of Castellor, army of brave and manly singing soldiers in tow, to her aid? Do not miss the next scene of this riveting tale of hot blooded people with swords and really cool voices!

I'll try to make it super fasty fast but I will not promise anything, as every time I do promise to be quick and constant there ends up being a three months delay between an update and the next. :'(

06.06.2012: In the end they had to wait two or three months out of a combination of Star Trek Online and me getting obsessed with going to the gym. The general rule with me: If I say "I'll do this without doubt!" expect it not to be done until eveyone has given up hope, if at all.

Excellent work :salute:.
Did you manage to resolve those copyright problems?

Thank you very much. :hug:

And if they try to give me more trouble I'll just edit the file until their little script can't detect it or just use the same method I did for the one file that was giving me trouble last time.

It's time to listen to opera and chew bubblegum.

xDOFE.jpg

:yeah:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom