Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's LARP the Emperor's Finest - a wh40k IF

ironyuri

the machine gods have abandoned image shack

Endemic

Arcane
Speaking of emperor protects, I found this one:

gmMtH.jpg

I'm confused, who is she supposed to be? :?

ironyuri

For now, consider my sort of vote rescinded. I'll vote whatever Darth Roxor votes.

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
I'm less concerned about leaving two squads to the mutant hordes, and more over the fact that we're going into fucking R'lyeh with only five or so guys to look for a squad that's obviously had their brains sucked out and body's used as marionettes by the bloody vagina snot-monster from Starship Troopers. I read The Traitor's Hand, I know what really happens to people who read evil writing on the walls.

Leaning towards 1 now, but will flip-flop if given a good argument.

ironyuri

your men are the command squad, which counts about 6, I think, plus the priest and his retinue (one acolyte, couple battle servitors), plus another squad (the fifth).

so all in all about 20 men, give or take whatever i might have missed.

yes, but being that this is a root lp, half of those 20 men are probably jeanstealers in disguise, and the priest will probably turn into a champion of khorne after going on a flamer rampage, and then chestbusters will probably bust out of the other half of the 20 men's chests and they'll all turn on schafer and the rape will be glorious.

Baltika9

Arcane
So, we're going with a boozed-up priest into a fuel spill? :troll:

Any chance of leaving him here?

CappenVarra

phase-based phantasmist
Patron
your men are the command squad, which counts about 6, I think, plus the priest and his retinue (one acolyte, couple battle servitors), plus another squad (the fifth).

so all in all about 20 men, give or take whatever i might have missed.

yes, but being that this is a root lp, half of those 20 men are probably jeanstealers in disguise, and the priest will probably turn into a champion of khorne after going on a flamer rampage, and then chestbusters will probably bust out of the other half of the 20 men's chests and they'll all turn on schafer and the rape will be glorious.
But but we have a fate point! :D

Longinus

Educated
We didn't go to rafinery once when we were a private, now we are in charge and we make the decisions and is high time to help the little ones in their troubles (especially since they asked so nicely)

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
Can't we really summon the reinforcements now? They're not doing anything important ATM, are they? Just standing near the SEALED door to the rest of the ship. They might as well advance to protect the Enginseer now. OR move to support Lt. Souls - I think they might be closer than we are? But I'd rather just tell them to move to the power coupling and have Schafer deal with KHAYOSS.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
The mission comes first. As captain, it is our duty to ensure that everything is performed successfully. We should stay with the techpriest, basically the only one able to actually get the power couplings to work again. So far we've lost not a single man (correct me if I'm wrong here) which is not surprising seeing how so far we've only faced lowly mutants, but we're going to lose men some day and we can't save them all. Going down there now would put the techpriest in more danger since we're not around and he is more important than Mr. Solus and the rest of the squad combined. I'd rather delegate another squad, possibly the one stationed at the bulkhead to move out, if that's possible. That would be more captainly in my book.

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Saark's convinced me, flipping to 1. Whole crews can get trapped in these quarters, and we don't come out until the power couplings are connected. I don't want us lost and forgotten.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
The men will hold the line. And their morale would suffer greatly if we left the other squad to die to chaos.

Bloodshifter

Educated
The men will hold the line. And their morale would suffer greatly if we left the other squad to die to chaos.

We are guardsmen what does losing a few men mean to us? we are the emperor's very meaty and large fist we may lose a finger but we get the job done and the Lieutenant's voice was "placid" he is already under the influence of whatever thing is creating the spell he is lost to us

trais

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Come on guys, mutants are not trained soldiers, they aren't gonna retreat, regroup and reengage. Besides, they rely on ambushes, so their effectiveness while attacking isn't probably too high. 2 squads of well-trained and well-motivated men are way more than enough to protect the techpriest. And if it is Chaos that Lt. Solus encountered then we'd better deal with it quickly, before they will have time to finish their heretical rituals.

Also to confider, we already abandoned our fellow guardsmen once and people started talking about it, so if we'll do it again we might get a permanent reputation of a dickhead.

Kayerts

Arcane
Interesting choice, but 1. We can guess from the fact that this is a story that there are sinister forces at work on Solus, but from an in-character standpoint, there isn't reason to believe he's in immediate (or salvageable) danger. His request was "you should take a look at this," not "help, we need backup." He's taken out the local hullghasts and seems to have a decent defensive position; if we're worried about witchy thingies being done to him, it seems like the damage has already been done. Also, if we restore power to the hold, we might be able to restore lighting, and then we'd have better chances against the maze.

If we were only risking ourselves and not the techpriest, though, I'd say 2. If we could start a coordinated movement whereby our reserve forces move to reinforce the position with the power couplings, and we ourselves moved forward to try to find Solus, that'd be preferred.

Edit: Flop to 2 in view of root's comment.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Ye, so far Solus sounded more amazed by the scribblings on the wall than anything else and there didn't appear to be any immediate danger. Waiting might not be heroic, but we're not supposed to be a hero. We're supposed to be a leader, and we're accompanied by some way more important figures than those we have to delegate. Also, these wall-writings or whatever it is won't disappear in 2 hours.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom