Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's ironman Fire Emblem (Interlude)

Mrowak said:
Just run through the next few missions. There's nothing of any challenge in them.

If you lose a character in the prologue campaign, there will be reckoning :rpgcodex:

As for everyones concerns with me breaking the game - it's likely at some point that this LP will turn into a blind LP. Fun with a capital F.

Did you know there are over 30 missions in the main campaign alone (not counting side-mission) - the one you are 3-4 hours from starting?

Will see what happens first - you running out of patience or of meatshields. :troll:
The first few missions will help give those who haven't played the game some understanding of the mechanics, plus flesh out the plot/characters.

This is the Codex. We should not bow in fear at the prospect of many, many missions with few units, or the time taken to LP it :smug:

PorkaMorka

Arcane
This game is awesome and you are awesome for playing it Iron Man.

ege9ls.gif

You better not cheat by forcing a game over once you lose someone important though.

Why do ironman if I'm going to dance my way around the point like some untermensch politician?

No. I'll go in hard, fast, and if everyone dies making it impossible to continue - then the LP fails with honour.

Also - bump to page 3 :salute:

GXA9t.png

A strange pair on an even stranger journey. To prepare for the road ahead, they go to Bulgar, the commercial center of Sacae.

Mgpew.png

B06hB.png

mXPjG.png

ULrQx.png

xpx5L.png
This is Bulgar, the biggest city in all of Sacae. We should purchase supplies for our journey.

Co9wh.png

:rpgcodex: What the?

3mLYZ.png

6bmSA.png

ranceB.png
Would you not favor me with your name? Or better yet, your company?

:x Ey, Rance, fuck off. The bird's with me.

xpx5L.png
Where are you from, sir knight, that you speak so freely to a stranger?

ranceB.png
Ha! I thought you'd never ask! I am from Lycia. I hail from the Caelin canton, home to men of passion of fire!

:x Stop acting like you didn't hear me!

xpx5L.png
Shouldn't that be "home to callow oafs with loose tongues"?

ranceB.png
Ooooh... You're even lovely when you're cruel.

xpx5L.png
Let's go, Kodexer. I've nothing more to say.

:rpgcodex: :smug:

w4Mmm.png

ItaZp.png

ranceB.png
Ah, Kent! My boon companion! Why so severe an expression?

Dog4o.png
If your manner were more serious, I wouldn't have to be so severe. We still have a mission to complete, Sain!

ranceB.png
I know that. But how could I remain silent in the presence of such beauty? It would have been discourteous!

Dog4o.png
What do you know of courtesy!?

MY82I.png

xpx5L.png
If you would be so kind as to move your horses...

Dog4o.png
Of course. My apologies...

xpx5L.png
Thank you. You, at least, seem honorable enough.

Dog4o.png
Hm? Pardon me, but... I feel we've met before

xpx5L.png
I beg your pardon?

ranceB.png
Hey! No fair, Kent! I saw her first!

:rpgcodex: This is getting silly.

xpx5L.png
Tsk! It seems there are no decent men among Lycia's knights! Let's go, Kodexer! I've run out of patience!

wlkYo.png

Dog4o.png
... Sain, you lout!

hkXTu.png

Dog4o.png
I am NOT you!!! Come, we must follow her. I suspect she might be--

ranceB.png
Be what? She's our mission? You're joking! Wait!

XDgbp.png

xpx5L.png
Could it be those knights town?

:rpgcodex: Could be.

xpx5L.png
No... It's not them. These men are out for blood!

:rpgcodex: Not for booty? Okay, definately not them.

ZqihL.png

dvBaC.png
Your name is Lyndis, is it not?

xpx5L.png
What did you call me? ...Who are you?

dvBaC.png
Such a waste. An absolute waste. The things I'll do for gold... Ah, well. Time to die, darlin'! C'mon out, boys!

bf0Ld.png

xpx5L.png
Oh no! There are more than I can handle... But I'll not give up!

xpqcm.png

dvBaC.png
Huh?

xpx5L.png
What?

:rpgcodex: Losing Lyn to bandits or to Rance, which is is better and why?

JYs1r.png

ranceB.png
Hold! You there! What is your buisness? Such numbers against a girl? Cowards, every one of you!

xpx5L.png
You! You're from--

Dog4o.png
We can discuss that later. It appears these ruffians mean to do you harm. If it's a fight they want, let them look to me!

ranceB.png
Stand back! I'll take care of this!

:rpgcodex: They've a point. I could use some more meatshields.

xpx5L.png
No! This is my fight! Stay out my way!

ranceB.png
Well, I can't just stand here and do nothing...

Dog4o.png
I have a solution. You there, command us.

:rpgcodex: Finally. Some recognition.

Dog4o.png
I am Kent, a knight of Lycia. My companion is Sain. We will follow your orders in this battle. Is this acceptable, milady?

xpx5L.png
Yes, it is. Kodexer and I will lead! Let's go!

:rpgcodex: I would comment on that, but there's been too much talk, too little killing.

3TENY.png

MBzUh.png

ranceB.png
I want to impress my beauteous one! Let me attack first!

:rpgcodex: Not a chance.

TPAlp.png

:x FUCKING TUTORIALS!!

JWEBu.png

0QUZv.png

vIH5q.png

MQZZg.png

:rpgcodex: Very impressive.

daHNN.png

Dog4o.png
Sain! Why aren't you using your sword?

ranceB.png
The lance is more heroic. A knight should look heroic, don't you think?

Dog4o.png
You're hopeless.

:rpgcodex: :bro:

Dog4o.png
If you don't take fighting more seriously, you're going to find yourself on the end of a blade!

ranceB.png
Trust be told, I... forgot to buy a sword.

Dog4o.png
Forgot? Or were you simply too busy dallying with the ladies?

ranceB.png
Don't be so mad! I'll be fine with a lance. I'm that good!

Dog4o.png
I'd prefer to rely on your skill, not your empty bragging! Take my spare blade and use it to attack next time!

ranceB.png
Are you sure? My thanks, Kent!

jkcg8.png

Dog4o.png
Kodexer! Allow me to make up for my companions blunder. I am at your command!

:rpgcodex: Is that short for "You must move me next"?

zTOuU.png

J4rBH.png

kowHo.png

YusCr.png

xZ7Ub.png

Dog4o.png
He's almost defeated. Now, let's deliver the final blow!

:rpgcodex: Lyn can't fail.

dEIo4.png

ranceB.png
Kodexer! Give me another chance! I failed you once before, but give me another chance... I'll not fail you again!

hYMUs.png

1WMYx.png

69cl4.png

:rpgcodex: If I could, I would be force choking the hell out of you right now.

xM7KI.png

Dog4o.png
Sain! Are you all right?

ranceB.png
: Yes. Yes, I am. I was able to dodge in time. I can't believe he evaded my sword stroke so easily. This is no jest.

Dog4o.png
Look closely. The enemy is hidden in the woods. The branches make it difficult to attack, don't they?

ranceB.png
You're right. I was so focused on attacking... I didn't see.

Dog4o.png
Your lack of attention may someday cost you your life.

ranceB.png
Fine! I understand already! Let it go, Kent!

Dog4o.png
If you truly understand, then act like it!

xYAV6.png

ranceB.png
...He's going to grow old before his time.

geOP9.png

:rpgcodex: More slang for "You must use me".

xA7eV.png

:rpgcodex: At least he doesn't fail me.

rmnLe.png

UiLN2.png

xpx5L.png
bandit to the knights. Kent said that woods are advantageous, right? In that case... That looks good. Let's move there, Kodexer!

ceFf3.png

togLP.png

:rpgcodex: Why's that bandit going for the uninjured knight? Why... oh, yes, tutorial.

ZvWac.png

O9k0r.png

u5CvR.png

xpx5L.png
If you insist... Why have you not healed yourself?

ranceB.png
Huh? Hey! I've been injured? What a cad I am! To wrinkle that perfect brow of yours with worry for me...

xpx5L.png
Uh... I was thinking of going you a vulnerary, but... It looks like you're fine. So, never you mind.

:love: Lyn.

ranceB.png
No, wait! I'll take it! Please! I'll take it!!

Ngij1.png

ranceB.png
Kodexer! Bring me to her!

:rpgcodex: How about I sent you off to go die fighting that bandit?

ZwmQO.png

ranceB.png
The healing power of love awaits with yon angel! Kodexer! Tarry no longer!

:rpgcodex: Tutorials are the harbingers of the decline.

GWTOm.png

4ukGz.png

6hRom.png

MXZFp.png

:rpgcodex: Who is this voice in my head? And why couldn't one of the knights say it?

C3zEH.png

ranceB.png
And you have my gratitude as well, my angel

:x Not yours at all!

xpx5L.png

vI8Gn.png

tgpaB.png

VpZtg.png

:rpgcodex: [Perception] Sain can be attacked by the bandit.

Ln720.png

:rpgcodex: And the other one can't get past the woods.

pdijP.png

iQAX9.png

Xrtom.png

:rpgcodex: That was pointless. I'm too good to fail on a map like this.

AjEdX.png

:rpgcodex: Lyn can almost bring down the bandit in one round and is most likely to dodge his retaliation...

HLlxb.png

:rpgcodex: ...Then Kent can finish him off with ease.

GKBRM.png

:rpgcodex: Easy. Now, as woods give a bonus to defense and evasion, I can use them to help dodge the first attack from that bandit guarding the bridge.

RTcK0.png

e8kQ6.png

hc7uJ.png

:rpgcodex: Damn I'm good. Now to send in Lyn to finish the job.

Y1fnm.png

QNrA0.png

FWcuX.png

:x Lyn, remind me what I told you about dodging attacks!

iic6G.png

RaybX.png

:rpgcodex: The last bandit doesn't appear to want to come forward. I haven't yet had a look at our new friends either.

WuY9E.png

Wxufq.png

:rpgcodex: Stronger and with better defense than Lyn, but these Cavaliers main strength appears to come from their high Movement and Aid.

mYBuY.png

PBNkj.png

:rpgcodex: Lances appear to be slower, less accurate, but more devastating when they hit than swords. It seems like Sain is geared towards being more doing massive damage, rather than being reliable.

Mzl4H.png

:rpgcodex: A 35% of losing in a tutorial battle? Not sure if incline.

w6IC2.png

ztyL8.png

CqNZG.png

DoNbi.png

:rpgcodex: Sain can take another blow, so I'll just leave him there so Lyn is guaranteed to get the kill. That seems only right.

eklTL.png

aHOX7.png

gfcrF.png

Bot0T.png

dvBaC.png
Blast... There was only... supposed to be a lone... girl...

:rpgcodex: Someone obviously failed to take this master tactician into account. :smug:

GFdXQ.png

Dwr2D.png

XiEIw.png

xpx5L.png
You were going to share your story with me?

Dog4o.png
Yes. We have ventured from Caelin, in Lycia, in search of someone.

xpx5L.png
Lycia... That's the country beyond the mountains in the southwest, isn't it?

Dog4o.png
Correct. We've come as messengers to the lady Madelyn, who eloped with a nomad some 19 years ago.

:rpgcodex: One cannot escape from multikult in seems.

xpx5L.png
Madelyn.

:rpgcodex: As if Madelyn isn't a big enough giveaway for you.

Dog4o.png
Our lord the marquess of Caelin's only daughter. He was heartbroken his own daughter would abandon him so. Eventually, the marquess simply declared that he had no daughter.

ranceB.png
And then this year, we recieved a letter from Lady Madelyn. It said that she, her husband and their daughter were living happily on the Sacae plains. The marquess was estatic to learn he had a granddaughter of 19 years. I remember the smile on his face when he announced that he'd suddenly become a grandfather. That granddaughter's name is Lyndis. This was also the name of the marquess's wife, who passed away at an early age.

xpx5L.png
Lyndis?

ranceB.png
That she should bear this name thawed the marquess's heart. Now his only wish is to meet his daughter's family at least once. This is why we're here.

:rpgcodex: Sending out Rance to collect his granddaughter? This marquess isn't a very smart man.

ranceB.png
We didn't know that Lady Madelyn died a few days afer sending her letter... We only learned this shortly after we arrive here in Bulgar.

Dog4o.png
But we also learned all was not lost. Her daughter yet lives. We heard that she was living alone on the plains. I... I knew it immediately. You are the lady Lyndis.

xpx5L.png
Why would you think that...

Dog4o.png
Your resemblance to your mother is remarkable.

xpx5L.png
What? Did you know my mother?

:rpgcodex: Think about it for a moment: she'd ran away from home, what, 20 years ago. Think about how long it would take to complete training to be a knight. Think... ah, forget it.

Dog4o.png
I'm sorry to say I never met her directly, but I saw her portraits in Castle Caelin.

xpx5L.png
To the rest of my ribe, I was always Lyn. But when I was with my parents... When it was just the three of us, I was Lyndis. It's all so strange. I was alone in the world, and now I have a grandfather. Lyndis... I never thought I would hear that name again.

h8Rsm.png

Dog4o.png
What? How could he have--

ranceB.png
...He was a henchman of Lord Lundgren, wasn't he?

xpx5L.png
Lundgren? Who's that?

Dog4o.png
He's the marquess's younger brother. Everyone assumed the lady Madelyn was gone forever. This made Lord Lundgren heir to the marquess's title.

ranceB.png
To be blunt, milady, your existence is an obstacle to your granduncle's ambitions.

xpx5L.png
That's-- But I have no interest in inheriting any title!

hATIn.png

ranceB.png
I believe the attempts on your life will persist.

xpx5L.png
What should I do?

Dog4o.png
Accompany us to Caelin. Continuing on this way is dangerous.

xpx5L.png
I feel I have little choice. I will go with you.

ia6Se.png

xpx5L.png
What will you do, Kodexer?

:rpgcodex: I'm not going to share with Rance. No chance.

xpx5L.png
You... want me to decide? Of course, your companionship would do much to ease my journey, but... It's going to be so dangerous.

:rpgcodex: Danger is my middle name.

xpx5L.png
You'll come? Are you sure? Thank you!

anus_pounder

Arcane
Its possible to mess around with the rom and change the names, but thats more trouble than its worth for such a minor thing.

:salute: Tutorial and all, but still.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
anus_pounder said:
Its possible to mess around with the rom and change the names, but thats more trouble than its worth for such a minor thing.

:salute: Tutorial and all, but still.

You know what must be done. The power of Rance compels you!

spekkio

Arcane
Damn, portraits are p. nice for a console game.

Graphicswhore approves.

:thumbsup:

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
If you think there will be enough people to move this LP to another page you are gravely mistaken. :smug:

Also UPDATE already!! Let us see some real action! (4 more missions to go before that).

lightbane

Arcane
Too bad that sex scenes are missing, at least there are (optional) romances.

Mrowak said:
If you think there will be enough people to move this LP to another page you are gravely mistaken. :smug:
I'm sure some efforts can be taken.

I do remember sucking awfully at this game last I played it. Was a while ago, mind.

Hellraiser said:
Ulminati said:
Rance gonna Rance. You can't stop him, baby. He's a force of nature.

Fortunately he will be able to thrust his lance into many things along the way.

You don't know what you don't know. He could go splat next mission :smug:

Anyways - my skills with any sort of code is negligable at best, and I wouldn't know where a rom file started and ended - so names will be remaining the same.

Bump? :M

Of course. Update is 10 minutes from completion.

This'll be the last of the boring missions. Things get more interesting, quite quickly, afterwards.

0EFu0.png

This ancient temple, sacred to the people of Sacae, has long been known for its powerful bond to the world of spirits. Before starting their journey, our travelers come here to pray for their well-being.

rpzIH.png

1tCvZ.png

A1Yq4.png

M6W3t.png

PlZnO.png

AVeOm.png
Threaten me as you will, but I'll not give up the Mani Katti. The Mani Katti is a sacred blade, under divine protection. It cannot be removed from its place of rest!

FDgQV.png
You're a fool, old man. What good's a sword if you don't use it?

AVeOm.png
Use it? In combat? Sacrilege!

FDgQV.png
Sacrilege? I am Glass! The gods fear my name! My swordplay is peerless! And if I want this sword, then this sword I shall have! Now get out of my way!

lhsmC.png

oHbFz.png

FDgQV.png
This sword was made for a swordsman of my skill. Hmm? What's this? I can't... draw the sword... from its scabbard?

ARqnp.png

AVeOm.png
You have been found wanting. They have rejected you.

FDgQV.png
What? Listen, you senile old fool, if you value your own life, you'll get out of my sight!!!

SluTa.png

kEw6j.png

0OV1e.png

F1W0a.png

FDgQV.png
I care nothing for you! I'll tear this altar down stone by stone!

85on6.png

Hri6t.png

alVQ1.png
Are you headed east? To the altar?

xpx5L.png
Yes, we are indeed.

alVQ1.png
Then you must hurry and help the priest there. I saw a band of local ruffians head in there not long ago. They seemed intent on stealing the altar's sacred sword!

xpx5L.png
The Mani Katti... They're going to steal it? I cannot allow this to happen!

alVQ1.png
You look like a virtuous group. Please help him!

a42EK.png

Dog4o.png
If you hope to go to the priest's aid, you'll need to prepare.

xpx5L.png
You're right... Say, Kodexer... There are some homes to the south of us. Perhaps we should go there and question the residents.

:rpgcodex: And here was me hoping we were going to go through their belongings looking for gold and potions.

LmlBC.png

rNzYn.png

alVQ1.png
Oh! You're going to help the priest! Well, perhaps you could benefit from something I saw earlier... The bandits may have the main entrance guarded. However, one of the altar's walls is cracked and in poor repair. You might be able to create another entrance by hitting that section with your weapons. We're all counting on you!

ASo6b.png

Mm6Vz.png

7MP0D.png
but they're difficult to traverse. If you're riding on horseback, you can't cross them at all. Be careful.

:rpgcodex: Because I obviously could not have found that out on my own.

KVo2U.png

9mWVS.png

aq5al.png
It's called the Mani Katti, blessed by the spirits. According to the priest, the Mani Katti is waiting for its rightful owner to appear. It's so odd, don't you think? The idea that a sword can choose who will wield it?

:rpgcodex: I've had enough of sentient swords and their egos to last me a lifetime.

KHt6d.png

mkXNC.png

OvR6P.png

:rpgcodex: That's so horribly logical I worked it out already. Info dumping over? Good. Time for battle.

6QOMO.png

:rpgcodex: Woods and fortresses are good protection.

wAghn.png

mTS3q.png

:rpgcodex: All brawn, no brain. :smug:

NKK62.png

7fKZP.png

AtpLY.png

:rpgcodex: I wonder when my first real challenge shall be?

QRw9s.png

aww4q.png

lhu2b.png

:rpgcodex: I'll need a unit in the open to finish off that bandit. Not a problem - one of the Cavaliers in that wood can stop him being reached.

2w8ZK.png

dl5m4.png

7g7oJ.png

bAPHQ.png

:rpgcodex: When will they realise that coming at me one-by-one isn't a very good idea?

aPs40.png

EoQGl.png

VuVwM.png

:rpgcodex: Keep fighting the good fight with your uselessness. :smug:

d887k.png

dH8eE.png

AyBSQ.png

QV9qT.png

:rpgcodex: Kent is a true bro, dodging all those attacks.

NcBR8.png

:rpgcodex: First fuck up, I've let my two-man spearhead get blocked. That bandit is going to get another attack on Kent before dying.

PjBnJ.png

:love: But bros don't let bros down and he evades both.

H06Sa.png

W0PAb.png

kopb4.png

nIyVm.png

:love: Damn she's good.

hCHjC.png

vmFjz.png

OUAmd.png

:rpgcodex: I let Kent lead the charge on the boss.

PGz2U.png

FDgQV.png
What chance do you think you have against me?

:rpgcodex: 100% :smug:

TMk3M.png

6iOM6.png

:x You've failed me, bro!

RHl2h.png

7skCH.png

O7blL.png

WIlb7.png

:rpgcodex: That's more like it!

czQ08.png

FDgQV.png
You... You... Urr...urgh...

Vx9ld.png

:rpgcodex: This changes nothing, Rance.

Rg9GP.png

xpx5L.png
I'm Lyn, the chieftain's daughter. Are you hurt, sir?

AVeOm.png
Thanks to you, I am unscathed. You have my gratitude.

xpx5L.png
And the sword? It it safe?

AVeOm.png
Yes. I have sealed the sword safely away. Until I remove my spell, the sword cannot be drawn. Now, as a token of my graatitude, I shall allow you to lay hands upon the Mani Katti. Touch the blade's pattern, and pray for a safe journey.

xpx5L.png
Oh, thank you so much!

AVeOm.png
Hm?

djUpv.png

xpx5L.png
The sword... It's... glowing.

AVeOm.png
Ah. Hm.. It's the power of the spirits. Lyn, they have looked into your soul, and they call out to you.

xpx5L.png
What does that mean?

AVeOm.png
You are its rightful owner. You are to wield the Mani Katti.

xpx5L.png
No... I can't... I couldn't...

AVeOm.png
It is the sword's wish. If you require proof, draw it from its sheath.

xpx5L.png
Um...

aHdqg.png

AVeOm.png
I never dared to hope that I might meet the wielder of the Mani Katti in my life. I am indeed fortunate to see your sword reach your hands.

xpx5L.png
My sword?

ZRyPe.png

xpx5L.png
You face a great many ordeals. Grip this sword, and meet your destiny head-on.

xpx5L.png
Yes... Yes, sir!

BpJLu.png

RGAXn.png

xpx5L.png
This is all so unbelievable. Perhaps the most famous sword in all of Sacae... in my hand.

Dog4o.png
It's not so strange. In fact, many legends tell similar tales. Special blades all over the land call out to their proper owners. And yet, when I saw you draw that blade, Lyndis... I fel something extraordinary. The sword was waiting for you. You were meant to draw it.

xpx5L.png
Stop it! I... I'm nothing special!

ranceB.png
Think of it this way: some weapons feel more comfortable in your hand, right? Well, the Mani Katti itself feels very comfortable with you. Does this make it any easier for you to accept? It doesn't appear that either of us can use it.

xpx5L.png
It... does feel right in my hand. A blade that only I can wield. That seems reasonable enough. I can understand that.

:rpgcodex: About time. I've been waiting for about ten minutes whilst you flatly refused to believe the obvious.

xpx5L.png
Look at it, Kodexer. This is the Mani Katti. This is... my sword. I must care for it well.

iyjn0.png

Qgmkp.png

K6DGo.png

qLf2Y.png
Madelyn's daughter is still alive?

57Y7z.png
Uh... Yes, Lord Lundgren. The girl is travelling with Kent and Sain. What are your orders? If we let them be...

qLf2Y.png
Bah! I've heard that northern Bern is full of bandits. She's just a girl. She'll not survive her journey here. I'm more concerned with my older brother. His life must be ended quickly. The poison... There must be no blunders.

57Y7z.png
Yes, m'lord. He suspects nothing and continues to drink it. The marquess's death, due no doubt to "sudden illness," is not far off.

qLf2Y.png
Heh heh heh.

ukw6v.png

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Mani Katti

The sword of +3 awesome at last!

I would strongly advise you to speed things up lest you should burn out before reaching the main campaign. :rpgcodex:

Speed of the updates not fast enough for your liking? Tough. :smug:

Mission 3 waiting in the wings, ready to swoop when page 5 appears.

Random

Arcane
Patron
Bump for updates!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom