Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's go on a Whale's Voyage 2: Die Übermacht! (on hold)

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
spekkio-kun's talking to himself, I see. :roll:

Kz3r0

Arcane
Glad to see that the Herp voyages in the Derp of the Whale still continue. :thumbsup:

MMXI said:
Crooked Bee said:
Mmxi is our leader, but I don't notice our field of view being in any way restricted. :?
c1JLJ.jpg

Shit, that's what I call pixelated. My eyes hurt.
Perhaps he's pixelated because... Mmxi has bad eyesight. In fact, that would be aswesome. Graphics and sound options related to your character's statistics and traits. Want to lower the volume? Make your character partially deaf. Want to lower the resolution? Give your character bad eyesight. Want to enable bloom? Give your character sensitive eyes.
That would be awesome indeed.

And:
Show/Hide :: Click here to show/hide the hidden post made by Bee-chan.
:M

spekkio

Arcane
Crooked Bee said:
spekkio-kun's talking to himself, I see. :roll:
r00fles

I't true that I created some successfull alts back in the day (Cockwork Knight or Andymen Messiah come to mind) but this shittty excuse for an alt? You're insulting me...

:decline:

Morkar Left

The char portraits were better in the first one (they even had Duke Nukem!) and I liked the equipment pictures, too.

I fuddled a bit around with WV2 in the past and I already remembered that spending addict was very annoying.But of course I didn't want to spoil the fun. Btw what about carrying capacity? :M

Crooked Bee

Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Morkar said:
Btw what about carrying capacity? :M

What about it? :?

Or... no no... you can't mean this game has some even stupider mechanics than dying from being over-encumbered, now can you?

spekkio said:
You mean :incline:?

No, you lazy bum, I mean :decline: !

With you and Black Cat out of business, I feel... kinda pointless in here.

lightbane

Arcane
Universal ammo

:decline: It seems that Desu Ex Invisible Derp was not the first game to have it then.

jTvK5.jpg

Random question: Why's your character shown hurt here?

Crooked Bee

Patron
Morkar said:
Has ammo weight in this game? I don't remember...

Hmm, it probably has, even if small. I'll check that out a bit later.

lightbane said:
Random question: Why's your character shown hurt here?

Hurt? Where? :? If you mean the red frame around the gun, that only shows the weapon's equipped and active.

lightbane said:
Universal ammo

:decline: It seems that Desu Ex Invisible Derp was not the first game to have it then.

Hey, WV1 had universal ammo, too. Not my fault you didn't follow the first LP closely enough. ;)

EDIT. Also, changed the thread's title in keeping with the WV1 LP.

Crooked Bee

Patron
The game keeps crashing on me as I trade around, so this LP is officially on hold until I manage to do something about that. Like, reinstall Win 3.11 in mah DosBox or some such. Don't feel like doing that at the moment, though. :/

/As if anyone cared./

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
:rpgcodex:

Being emo doesn't become you Bee. :M

Though I'm hardly one to talk. I threw my fits over the kinks Afterlight threw at me for modding the game files. :roll:

Bear with it. I'm sure a solution will be found. :love:

Kz3r0

Arcane
Crooked Bee said:
The game keeps crashing on me as I trade around, so this LP is officially on hold until I manage to do something about that. Like, reinstall Win 3.11 in mah DosBox or some such. Don't feel like doing that at the moment, though. :/

/As if anyone cared./
:hug:

Crooked Bee

Patron
:love: back at ya

MMXI said:
No one cares about anything I do.

*slits wrist*

2rg04ud.gif

Azira said:
Being emo doesn't become you Bee. :M

Wha!? That's what I always do whenever I feel like kiddin' around and attention whoring. spekkio-kun and Neko-chan taught me that much. :M

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
True, spekkio can throw an emo-fit like no other. He's quite good at it actually. Pity he has stopped doing LPs. Don't let the same thing happen to you, Bee!

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
So I figured the weird dialog was just a translation thing.

Turns out the writers were just smoking crack throughout. Makes sense.

Azira's compulsive spending is hilarious.

MMXI

Arcane
Negative statistics and traits should be a feature in every RPG in my opinion. Such an underexplored concept.

Morkar Left

Damn, hope you can fix it somehow. :/

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom