Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Let's fuck China! - Warning: Azn Profanities and people. White population: 1

LundB

Mistakes were made.
What do you mean so much for the power of the black orchid? They stayed together for the rest of their lives, just as promised. That just happened to not be so long.

The editing you're doing to cut out most driving time and other stuff makes sense, but feels a bit jarring sometimes. Better than the alternative though, I guess.

Erebus

Arcane
Remember, ladies, that's what happens when you annoy everybody by insisting that every single detail of your wedding has to be perfect.

(The above may not be true if you're not a fictional character.)

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
I really enjoyed this game, yeah. A bit of GTA, a bit of Assassin's Creed, a bit of Arkham games. It's good fun, not great but good. Story is decent too, by videogame standards.

Triad XP is a lot harder to get than cop XP, if I recall correctly, so focusing on good combos/variations is important. I see you don't mind hitting innocents so much, though, heh. Plus the cop upgrades kinda suck, compared to the Triad/martial arts school training.

And yes, Not Ping is the best girl.

For a moment, when you made the comment about the black orchids, I was thinking how hilarious it would be if the attackers were the monks deciding to get a little payback. The point where a game decides to go completely off the rails.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
For a moment, when you made the comment about the black orchids, I was thinking how hilarious it would be if the attackers were the monks deciding to get a little payback. The point where a game decides to go completely off the rails.

RK47

Patron
i'm tired. im going to sleep. mcdonalds fail to deliver.

edit: i lied, I'm too busy committing war crimes.

TESV%202013-08-10%2020-44-13-54.jpg

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
The reason I find it insulting is that it makes HK look like a shithole, its that simple. The game isn't taking place in the 1990s, it may be for gameplay purposes but...

The developers put a lot of detail into making this game it really does feel like Hong Kong, hell the type of vehicles you see in the videos are accurate as shit.
The whole way of speech the NPCs use is pretty accurate. But they are "overplaying" the entire Wet market environment.
I imagine is a somewhat similar feeling that I had playing Max Payne 3... the game is set up in São Paulo, but they only show up favelas and elite parties (the top and bottom 10% of the city), and nothing of the city where all of us, regular citizens, lives... and while the speech is pretty accurate on secondary NPCs, with loads of REALLY heavy swearing, one of the main characters have fucking PORTUGUESE accent... :?

LundB

Mistakes were made.
LOL @ the 'We should do what they do in Brazil' bit at the very beginning.

RK47

Patron
LOL @ the 'We should do what they do in Brazil' bit at the very beginning.

Brazil Police Helicopter Chase DLC? :lol:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom