Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's Fail a Dwarf Fortress KZ Edition (Broken due to bugs)

Best final solution?

• Forced starvation

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Throw them to skeletal lions

• Magma chambers

• Catapult bridge

• Death squad (lock them down with the Captain of the guard and ensure they'll "violate" pro

• Other(post suggestion)

• Total voters

Cassidy

Arcane
I decided to preemptively suggest the future successor once Anusblaze falls. World was generated to have a far more disproportionate amount of evil biomes than usual because that leads to more amusing results, and because it fits with the theme of the modifications I did for this one.

28vbsya.jpg

Note: Succession for this Fortress Joycamp will be on hold until Anusblaze falls. Year 1 only will be updated here, as a teaser of what is to come for the future rulers, and after Anusblaze falls, I'll post the save game and the modded files. This is a slightly modded Dwarf Fortress game thanks to DFHack and DFusion. I didn't really add anything or made more questionable and complex things like allowing non-dwarves to be butchered or milked, or a converted butcher workshop renamed as "gas chamber", although once this gets on you're free to modify anything provided you send the files in your save, of course. I just enabled multikult embarks and migration to pull something truly KKKodexian in the game.

Index

First Year, by Cassidy.

1. Prologue: Stopping the decline of Multiculturalism.

Second Year, by ???

Succession Order
  1. Cassidy
  2. ???

Build Used: DFHack 0.31.25 r6 (Will be provided with the modifications in the coming save game.)

Code:
[WORLD_GEN]
	[TITLE:GOOD&EVIL]
	[DIM:257:257]
	[EMBARK_POINTS]
	[END_YEAR]
	[BEAST_END_YEAR:160:80]
	[REVEAL_ALL_HISTORY]
	[CULL_HISTORICAL_FIGURES]
	[ELEVATION:1:400:800:800]
	[RAINFALL:0:100:400:400]
	[TEMPERATURE:25:75:400:400]
	[DRAINAGE:0:100:400:400]
	[VOLCANISM:0:100:400:400]
	[SAVAGERY:0:100:400:400]
	[ELEVATION_FREQUENCY:6:2:1:1:3:2]
	[RAIN_FREQUENCY:6:2:1:1:1:2]
	[DRAINAGE_FREQUENCY:6:6:1:1:1:1]
	[TEMPERATURE_FREQUENCY:6:3:1:1:1:3]
	[SAVAGERY_FREQUENCY:6:1:1:1:1:3]
	[VOLCANISM_FREQUENCY:6:1:1:1:1:10]
	[MINERAL_SCARCITY]
	[MEGABEAST_CAP]
	[SEMIMEGABEAST_CAP]
	[TITAN_NUMBER]
	[TITAN_ATTACK_TRIGGER:80:0:100000]
	[DEMON_NUMBER]
	[NIGHT_CREATURE_NUMBER]
	[GOOD_SQ_COUNTS:300:3000:6000]
	[EVIL_SQ_COUNTS:900:9000:18000]
	[PEAK_NUMBER_MIN]
	[PARTIAL_OCEAN_EDGE_MIN]
	[COMPLETE_OCEAN_EDGE_MIN]
	[VOLCANO_MIN]
	[REGION_COUNTS:SWAMP:0:0:0]
	[REGION_COUNTS:DESERT:0:0:0]
	[REGION_COUNTS:FOREST:0:0:0]
	[REGION_COUNTS:MOUNTAINS:0:0:0]
	[REGION_COUNTS:OCEAN:0:0:0]
	[REGION_COUNTS:GLACIER:0:0:0]
	[REGION_COUNTS:TUNDRA:0:0:0]
	[REGION_COUNTS:GRASSLAND:0:0:0]
	[REGION_COUNTS:HILLS:0:0:0]
	[EROSION_CYCLE_COUNT]
	[RIVER_MINS:400:400]
	[PERIODICALLY_ERODE_EXTREMES]
	[OROGRAPHIC_PRECIPITATION]
	[SUBREGION_MAX]
	[CAVERN_LAYER_COUNT]
	[CAVERN_LAYER_OPENNESS_MIN]
	[CAVERN_LAYER_OPENNESS_MAX]
	[CAVERN_LAYER_PASSAGE_DENSITY_MIN]
	[CAVERN_LAYER_PASSAGE_DENSITY_MAX]
	[CAVERN_LAYER_WATER_MIN]
	[CAVERN_LAYER_WATER_MAX]
	[HAVE_BOTTOM_LAYER_1]
	[HAVE_BOTTOM_LAYER_2]
	[LEVELS_ABOVE_GROUND]
	[LEVELS_ABOVE_LAYER_1]
	[LEVELS_ABOVE_LAYER_2]
	[LEVELS_ABOVE_LAYER_3]
	[LEVELS_ABOVE_LAYER_4]
	[LEVELS_ABOVE_LAYER_5]
	[LEVELS_AT_BOTTOM]
	[CAVE_MIN_SIZE]
	[CAVE_MAX_SIZE]
	[MOUNTAIN_CAVE_MIN]
	[NON_MOUNTAIN_CAVE_MIN]
	[ALL_CAVES_VISIBLE]
	[SHOW_EMBARK_TUNNEL]
	[TOTAL_CIV_NUMBER]
	[TOTAL_CIV_POPULATION]
	[SITE_CAP]
	[PLAYABLE_CIVILIZATION_REQUIRED]
	[ELEVATION_RANGES:0:0:0]
	[RAIN_RANGES:0:0:0]
	[DRAINAGE_RANGES:0:0:0]
	[SAVAGERY_RANGES:0:0:0]
	[VOLCANISM_RANGES:0:0:8256]

Cassidy

Arcane
Will you be dwarfing codexians?

Of course, right here, at the end of this update, there will be six to be chosen.

(Question to those in the know: Can I get in war with the parent civilization by killing the outpost liaison or something?)

Prologue: Stopping the decline of Multikulturalism

5WNfP.jpg

The Enchanted Domain, a truly ironic name for a world so infested with curses and darkness. A world where the undead outnumber the living beings, where the civilized peoples struggle every day against legions of skeletal elephants, badgers, daemons and other beings better left unmentioned. If this was in the far, far future of the 41st Millenium, this world would surely be called a Chaos World from hwo twisted it is. Temperature changes in totally irrational patterns. Freezing oceans are common in the far south, and there is little sense to everything, only a near total presence of terrifying, haunted and sinister environments.

The extreme hostility of this world has forced three of the sentient races in it: elves, humans and dwarves, to integrate themselves. What was at first set up as trade and military alliances gradually led to the formation of multicultural societies, specially as large masses of refugees from hamlets and fortress lost to the undead hordes moved in. This brought a century of peace between the three races, united to protect each other from common threats.

R9tL2.jpg

However, war never changes. Elven minorities settled in dwarven mountainhomes have become notorious for learning the skills for finding gems and valuable ores on the rivers and over the surface, requiring much less hard work, led to the formation of a wealthy class of elves who were more than willing to loan their wealth to poor dwarves, for a steep interest rate, forming the first usurers of the world. Although it led to some jealousy over the lucky treehuggers that got rich the easy way, it never went past that, until the great drought of 196, in the mountainhomes of The Considerate Lens caused massive starvation to most dwarves and humans, something the elf usurers weren't affected by due to their vast experience with the wild and wealth. Along the chaos, dangerous ideas were rising about overthrowing the king, and the threat of social breakdown in a murderous tantrum spiral was clear. In time, things stabilized, but fringe groups began to blame the elves for the drought, affirming the elves were using their magic to profit from the misery of the poorest dwarves, who in many cases were forced to accept indentured servitude to certain wealthy elves to avoid dying of starvation. This made the elves to become the de facto rulers of The Considerate Lens.

The king of the dwarves, after receiving many generous "donations" from the elves, was complacent and submissive, and has forsaken his people, quelling brutally those who opposed this new order, considered a humiliation worse than having one beard's shaved. Dissent grew over the underground, but it usually took very little time for it to be dealt with by the brutal hammerers. Everything continued favoring the elves in this Civilization that was destroyed by multiculturalism, and slowly dwarven culture was dying as the elves imposed their values to dwarves, who were now second class citizens in their own land, and the human minorities weren't in a much different situation either. Life in the mountainhomes has changed.

bSCMF.jpg

Diary of Atis Govoslogem

5th Hematite, 200 : What can change the nature of a Kingdom? Looking for such answer, I have set away from the mountainhomes with four friends, having a map of a prospected and wealthy region that was never explored due to its hostile surroundings. Nevertheless we shall brave the wilds of undeath, hoping to set a new community free from the ravages of home. I will ensure this diary will never fall in the wrong hands, lest even suggest there is something wrong would imply our doom. The elvish conspirators are everywhere, as they subjugate our people and parasite upon our hard work. I don't know how we are going to revert this, but I have ideas that could work far away from the prying eyes of the scum and the dwarven race traitors that permeate the mountainhomes.

15th Hematite, 200 : Advancing through thick forests, traditional land of elves were not the fact they are infested with undead plants and animals, I know nobody will dare staying much longer in here, which is perfect for our plans. Equally fortunate that we managed to capture two elven scum along the way. The others animals that were carrying our supply wagon will have a long rest now, as those two will cart us through in punishment for their crimes against the master race. It is tiresome to have to kick and whip them so much to make them move in a reasonable pace though, so maybe I should just have the oxen and them pulling the cart together. I guess I will do that.

19th Hematite, 200 : I think we are getting close to our goal, some forsaken plains that happen to have a great wealth beneath the scorched surface. The two scum are pulling the cart together to the oxen, and I realize how weak they are, even when lashed a thousand times to do better. I guess we may not need them much, if they are that useless.

27th Hematite, 200 : It seems I misinterpreted the map. Now I found some use for those two scum, as I heard they know how to track in woods, even dead ones like this. Evading the undead animals has been dangerous, and we had to dig in before resting for safety. Of course, I will have to make them understand that if they try to mislead us, they will suffer so much they will cry and beg at my feet. One of my friends was once an executioner, before the elves took everything we had, and she knows how to make those deserving suffer.

29th Hematite, 200 : The healer among us spent a long time treating those two scums after they were given their lesson on why they should not try to deceive us about tracking the right location we want to reach. Apparently they aren't so broken to pull carts. I don't care if they are in excruciating pain, they will do it or they will have even more suffering considering all the misery they inflicted over my people!

NgWZH.jpg

15th Obsidian, 200 : It took us much longer than I hoped for, but we are finally approaching the location we have chosen to settle our project in. We five have discussed much about it and our goals, and we have finally reached a conclusion: like murderous elephants and goblins, elves cannot be both alive and free without posing a threat, thus we must subjugate all of them, and once they are no longer of any use, or if all of them prove worthless, wipe them out. For this we shall establish this settlement: Ilirogik Edos, the Joycamp of Amazements. There we shall devise means to avenge the dwarven people and eliminate the threat the elves pose to our dignity and way of life.

18th Obsidian, 200 : Our medic has asked permission to amputate one toe from each of the two scums, for "SCIENCE!!", she claimed. Of course I gave her permission. The two elves screamed like little girls when their toes were cutted off, but they will continue to pull the cart nevertheless. It is junstice, considering they made so many dwarves into their slaves, for them to do it now.

19th Obsidian, 200 : For a doctor, her curiousity never ends! Now she wants me to allow her to cut off the pinky fingers of those trash elves for "SCIENCE!!". Why not? I answered. Eventually I will have to ask her to stop though. How can we make them work if they are totally crippled before we arrive?

X35aF.jpg

1st Granite, 201 : We arrived at the location. I review our supplies, and of course, the people here besides me, and the two animals as well. As for me, I am mostly a people's person, I have always been better at inspiring them than at doing something directly, although I guess I know how to trade and how to make our enemies and the race traitors tremble in fear.

uqU6N.jpg

Datan Logemor, a human who had most of her family enslaved or impoverished by the elven dregs, was one of the first to join me. She is an exceptional swordmaiden, and is ready to enforce my will on the inferior ones when needed, and to lead our great army in the future war against the elves and the race traitors currently ruling The Considerate Lens. She is also a good organizer and bookkeeper for peacetime duties.

YPX0g.jpg

Sazir Komanmorul, an excellent woodcutter and warrior as well. Many elven and race traitor heads shall fall through her ax, I am sure of it. The time is coming.

EFnyb.jpg

Domas Esmulvabok, Frau Doktor, who has an interesting desire of using the scum for many creative experiments, but will definitively treat those deserving with respect, kindness and dignity. We entrust our lives to her because her competence is unmatched, and she can just train surgery on the scum first before trying it on us as well.

10zdB.jpg

yGXEt.jpg

Dobar Unibdakas and Kel Avuzlocun both equally scum. Apparently we can get them to plant crops, and they are masterful liars too, something that is no surprise considering how long they have lied and cheated. I wish their usefulness will expire soon so we can just wipe out both, but then they won't be punished sufficiently for their crimes against the dwarf master race.

I am confident we shall raise the dwarven race back to its former glory, and of course the human race too, together, as we are brothers in our struggle against the parasitical elven class, and we shall purge all traitors and enemies of our people! Hail to victory!

(So yes, those six beings, including the elves and humans, are up for you to claim, if you wish.)

The Thin Man

Novice
Oh Oh! Can I please be Sazir? I want to break things!

* I just noticed your final solution poll.

You should make their solutions useful and deliciously long and ironic.

Pit trap all entrances to the fortress and have them all funnel into one large chamber. In that chamber will be the elven scum whose only source of nourishment will come from what is captured that they can kill. If they survive and become strong unleash them against their own people by dropping other elves in after them when they've been sufficiently starved.

They become both a crude arena for viewing amusement and a vital part of the fortresses defense, repaying us for what they have stolen and oppressed.

JagreenLern

Erudite
Patron
MCA Project: Eternity
Ein Volk! Ein Reich! Ein Fuhrer! Death to the pointy-eared untermenschen!

This may turn out as funny as your Liberal Beria LP. If you would have me as the doctor, I'm sure it would give me many fond memories of my times playing a Tzimisce in VtM. I might sign up for succession later. I've never played in a world this evil before, and I imagine it would be a lot of fun.

On a related note, I'm think of generating my own world, but I've never done custom worldgen before. I want to do a mostly desert world with plenty of minerals and a good deal of volcanism. Any advice?

Cassidy

Arcane
This whole thing is going down badly due to technical issues of it being a hack. Humans can't be assigned managerial positions or in the military which kind broke the whole group.Humans must be selected in the map for job assignment and don't appear in Dwarf Therapist either.

I'll make another embark without humans due to this. But won't bother making chronicles of it. Those who claimed the two humans will have dwarves with more or less the same skills.

*Edit:

:rage: :rage: :rage:

Game is crashing too much. Dfusion isn't really functional at all.

I'm afraid this is another case of a lulz modification that was always impractical and I can't bother trying other approaches, therefore it is dead. Sorry bros, I should've predicted it and never bothered with this in the first place.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom