Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Let's become daemon cops in Unavowed (Finished)

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
But "animal spirits" are a New York thing. I mean, Keynes isn't, but every New Yorker hears about "bull and bear markets" -- that's what the bull sculpture is referencing.

Alpan

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Pathfinder: Wrath
But "animal spirits" are a New York thing. I mean, Keynes isn't, but every New Yorker hears about "bull and bear markets" -- that's what the bull sculpture is referencing.

I know that -- what I intended to suggest was that someone working with New York as a setting for the first time would have been more inclined to include such a detail, because the symbolism would have evoked a stronger impulse in them than someone like Gilbert, for whom NYC is same old.

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
eli2.png
Only one race trades favors like that. It's how they gain their power.
We've come a long way since The Shivah, I guess. :/

I don't get it

lightbane

Arcane
I know that -- what I intended to suggest was that someone working with New York as a setting for the first time would have been more inclined to include such a detail, because the symbolism would have evoked a stronger impulse in them than someone like Gilbert, for whom NYC is same old.

He could have still tried doing so, but most likely he didn't bother due being too busy making simple puzzles doable with all character combinations.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
20180930120345_1.jpg

Really gets the noggin joggin'.

Yep, Baud and Reinhardt got it right. The answer is 3420, the numbers of legs on the old man / dog / man / snake note found in Travis's office.

To be honest, this is a pretty stupid/malicious puzzle for a number of reasons. My first instinct was to type it on a phone keypad (5347). Then I thought that LEGS turned upside down gives 5937, so I tried various versions of that, with 7395, or 2 for 5 or 1 for 7 or 6 for 9. Nope. I even thought of drawing a leg with the numbers on the fucking keypad.

Needless to say, that this shit would be connected to some random-ass note in some random-ass guy's office (who as we'll see passes through this door every fucking day or something) was the last thing that could possibly cross my mind because all the other things I thought of made a hundred times more sense.

Anyway, green beeps the keypad, off we go.

20180930121420_1.jpg

eli1.png
It's him. It's... really him.

20180930121429_1.jpg

:codexisfor: I'll take point on this if you want.

eli1.png
Like hell you are. This is family. Look, could you two step back for a bit? I'd... prefer to handle this alone.

20180930121439_1.jpg

:codexisfor: Okay, just don't set anything on feuer.

eli4.png
No promises.

20180930121443_1.jpg

Exeunt Codexia et Logan.

20180930121448_1.jpg

Eli goes forth.

eli1.png
Excuse me, I said...

travis1.png
Yeah, I heard you. I was just... sorry, do I know you? Hey, are you all right?

eli1.png
No. Yes. I mean... I'm fine.

travis1.png
I might have a tissue somewhere if you need it.

:shredder:

eli1.png
I'm fine, it's just... Damn it, I'm sorry.

travis1.png
Look, it's okay. You obviously came up here to be alone. So did I.

20180930121514_1.jpg

Eli suffers critical morale failure and decides to leg it.

travis1.png
No, don't do that. Maybe we can talk instead? It could help. You never know.

eli1.png
Jesus. You... you are comforting me?

travis1.png
Am I? I dunno. I've... never been good at that kind of thing. I'm Travis Cook, Compliance and Investment research.

eli1.png
I know.

travis1.png
You... do?

20180930121531_1.jpg

eli1.png
I met your wife earlier.

travis1.png
You... spoke to Win? Does she know I'm here?

eli1.png
No, but she's in a bad way. She needs you.

travis1.png
She doesn't need me. She needs... something else.

eli1.png
She needs her husband.

travis1.png
Well maybe she should have thought of that before she...

Drama!

eli1.png
Before she what?

travis1.png
Before she LOST him. My son. My baby boy.

20180930121548_1.jpg

eli1.png
Your wife didn't LOSE your son. Not exactly.

travis1.png
So you believe that he "disappeared"?

eli1.png
It doesn't matter. She's hurting.

travis1.png
You don't think I'm hurting too?

eli1.png
Of course you are.

travis1.png
My son is lost. Maybe dead. And it's her fault.

eli1.png
That's not fair.

travis1.png
I know she didn't mean it. I know she's sorry. But... I can't... be with her. I can't look at her. Not yet. Not until she tells me the truth. It hurts too much.

20180930121615_1.jpg

eli1.png
Elijah's still alive. I know it. A lot of trouble was taken to kidnap him. There has to be a reason for it.

Like, say, hooman sacrifice? :D

travis1.png
That doesn't exactly make this any better, you know.

eli1.png
I know. Your son, his name is Elijah, right? We're looking for him.

weird things can happen to dialogue flow when you don't select options 1-2-3-4

travis1.png
You... you're here about Elijah?

eli1.png
Yes.

travis1.png
Why didn't you SAY that?

:M

eli1.png
I... I should have. It's complicated, I'm sorry.

travis1.png
I don't care. If you have something to tell me, TELL ME.

20180930121637_1.jpg

eli1.png
So, I went to your office.

travis1.png
You did?

eli1.png
You're... living there?

travis1.png
Mr Grant said I could. Before he died. Nobody's told me otherwise yet. It's cheaper than a hotel. And... there's this roof.

eli1.png
Hey, I live in a basement. No judgements here.

travis1.png
Right. Home is where you make it. This... works. For now.

20180930121649_1.jpg

bla bla bla

eli1.png
Your son WAS taken. By Hugh Kravitz.

travis1.png
You're kidding. Hugh? The guy ranting outside the building? THAT Hugh?

eli1.png
Yeah. He was a friend of yours?

travis1.png
Kind of. We worked together. Why would HE take my son?

eli1.png
He... didn't want to. He was forced to. By Roy Fellows.

travis1.png
Okay, why?

eli1.png
We don't know. Not yet. But we plan on finding out. Could I ask you about Jason Grant?

travis1.png
What about him?

eli1.png
Well, he said you could sleep in your office. That implies you were on good terms?

travis1.png
That's the funny thing. Before Elijah disappeared, Mr Grant never said two words to me.

eli1.png
This didn't strike you as suspicious?

travis1.png
Why would it? He was a good man, by all accounts. He said I could take all the time I wanted. That I could sleep in my office. He... even gave me a key to his suite. Said I could take a drink from his liquor cabinet if nobody was around.

eli1.png
Really. That is... extremely generous.

travis1.png
Huh. Maybe it does? It seemed natural enough to me. Either way, I never used it. After he died, it just seemed kinda... ghoulish.

eli1.png
This key, to Jason's office. Do you still have it?

travis1.png
Yeah, I do. Why?

eli1.png
I was hoping to take a look around.

travis1.png
You think Mr Grant was... involved? With what happened to Elijah?

eli1.png
I am pretty sure this whole bank is involved.

travis1.png
*Sigh* Mr Grant can't exactly object, can he? Here, take it. If you find anything... let me know.

He can object, but you don't need to know about it :troll:

eli1.png
Thank you. Do you know Roy Fellows at all?

travis1.png
I... don't. Not really. I know Mr Grant brought him in as a senior board member. He got his own office and everything, although I couldn't tell you where it is. He's the new CEO, right? I... haven't really been paying attention.

eli1.png
You really should go home to your wife, Travis.

travis1.png
I told you, I'm not ready yet.

What a pansy.

eli1.png
Okay, Travis, I'm going to leave. You... take care of yourself.

20180930121802_1.jpg

eli1.png
Yeah?

travis1.png
Who are you? You're trying to help me, but I don't even know your name.

eli1.png
... my name? It's Eli Beckett.

travis1.png
... that's my...

eli1.png
I know. It's just a coincidence.

Eli mind trix.

travis1.png
Yeah, I guess it has to be. Funny though, huh?

eli5.png
Yeah. Funny.

20180930121818_1.jpg

Exit Eli.

20180930121821_1.jpg

eli2.png
Don't look at me like that. I'm FINE. Let's keep going.

:thisisfine:

20180930121904_1.jpg

With the key we can now go where no one has gone before.

20180930121908_1.jpg

The old boss's office.

20180930121913_1.jpg

yep, that was predictable

:evilcodex: Despair, for I am the end of days.

20180930121914_1.jpg

20180930121916_1.jpg

roy1.png
Thank you, Melkhiresa, for arranging all this for me. It means more to me than you know.

20180930121923_1.jpg

O hey, didn't notice you there at first, mr Grant.

roy1.png
Insane, Mr Grant? Is it insane to want a child, a legacy?

I... have to stop you. I need to stop you.

20180930121934_1.jpg

:martini: So much for Mr Big Bad CEO. You're pathetic.

You manipulated an old man at his most vulnerable. Who's the pathetic one? And what are you doing here anyway? I still don't understand what you WANT?

roy1.png
Now now, Mr Grant, Melkhiresa's reasons are her own. But YOU. You still owe me a favor.

No. We kidnapped a CHILD for you. I don't owe you a damn thing, not anymore.

roy1.png
Remember what I did for your precious firm, Mr Grant. Manipulating global markets... adjusting the ebb and flow of transactions... sending them all to your coffers... all without tripping any alarms. Quite an achievement, if I do say so myself. So yes, Mr Grant, you still owe me a favor.

What do you want now?

roy1.png
I want the firm, Mr Grant. Full ownership. You can keep the office. Consider it a gift.

Brutal.

Fine. FINE. I don't deserve it anymore. It stopped being mine a long time ago.

roy1.png
It is done! Indeed. It is a fine empire. And one day, my son, it will all be yours...

20180930122018_1.jpg

20180930122021_1.jpg

20180930122026_1.jpg

Codexia gets up, let's take a look around.

An impressively capacious liquor cabinet. - it is, however, locked. So I guess Grant played a prank on Travis when he told him to get some of the booze when he wanted.

There's also an old-fashioned blotter on the desk. And it's... interactive!

20180930122105_1.jpg

Mon dieu! A SIKRIT BUTTON!

IN A SIKRIT PLACE

DOING SIKRIT STUFF!

20180930122107_1.jpg

Actually it just slides a nearby picture up.

20180930122109_1.jpg

Revealing Grant's safe.

However, per Fellows's cheeky mail, we still miss data to open it, such as Grant's favourite wine.

20180930122212_1.jpg

Sup.

logan1.png
You said you don't know Travis Cook? But if that's true, then who gave us this?

How did you get that? I gave that to him in confidence! He wasn't supposed to SHARE it!

logan1.png
So you DO know him.

Of course I know him! We kidnapped his child!

uh

logan1.png

We... had no choice.

20180930122226_1.jpg

logan1.png
You said you had no choice?

None of us did. Not Hugh. Not me. Not... any of us. It was Roy Fellows! He... forced us. That poor man. His poor wife. That poor FAMILY. All because... The firm was in trouble. I was introduced to Roy Fellows. He gave us... favors. He got us out of a jam. Then he started making deals with members of the board. Soon he had control over EVERYTHING! His demands got greater and more dangerous. But we dared not refuse... Wait. That's odd.

logan1.png
What?

I am talking about it! I couldn't before. It would make my head scream if I did.

logan1.png
You were under a compulsion, right? Hugh had the same thing.

Yes! Fellows made it so I could never confess a word of it! Never. Not for as long as I lived. ... oh. I see. Well, that DOES make sense, doesn't it?

logan1.png
I'm sorry.

Don't be. This is the absolute least I deserve.

20180930122305_1.jpg

logan1.png
Would you do it again? Knowing what you know now?

No! No. A thousand times no. Better for thousands to lose their jobs. Better for the world markets to collapse along with us. Better anything than... this. *Sigh* Are you a drinking man?

logan1.png
No. Six years sober.

Damn it. There's a '34 Haut-Brion in my office cabinet. It's all yours if you change your mind.

bingo

logan1.png
34? That's... that's a good year.

Yeah, I know. So what now?

logan1.png
Just leave it to us.

20180930122327_1.jpg

20180930122329_1.jpg

Another one to add to the collection.

20180930122333_1.jpg

logan1.png
Yeah.

eli1.png
Good. I guess. Let's keep going.

We now have everything to access Grant's safe.

20180930122422_1.jpg

eli1.png
Some of the CEOs I knew? Their office practically WAS their home. But it doesn't look like Grant spent a lot of time in here. Everything's too clean. It matches what I heard of him. He was a more... hands-on kind of boss.

But... you met him when he was a youngster, FFS.

Oh well. Let's get cracking.

20180930122500_1.jpg

20180930122502_1.jpg

The cost of two coffees, 5.

eli1.png
And the second?

20180930122504_1.jpg

Grant's favourite year, 34.

eli1.png
Okay, so what's the third?

20180930122508_1.jpg

The number of flower pots on the roof, 4.

20180930122511_1.jpg

Open Sesame.

That's not the most impressive safe. But at least there's the keycard to wossname's office.

20180930122546_1.jpg

Let's see where this leads.

Suddenly the earth shakes.

logan3.png
What the hell was that?

eli3.png
Dunno. The elevator's moving, so I guess it's fine?

logan1.png
Yeah, you're probably right. Probably. ... I know, KayKay. I KNOW.

eli1.png
What is it?

logan1.png
Oh, she's just reminding me that there's only 30 floors in this building.

eli1.png
Yep. She's right.

logan1.png
Um, we DID pass the 30th floor already, right? Like, several minutes ago?

eli3.png
That's... also right.

logan1.png
Okay, just checking.

:thumbsup:

20180930122614_1.jpg

hello

20180930122618_1.jpg

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

20180930122620_1.jpg

TO THE SKIES, MY FRIENDS

20180930122626_1.jpg

:neveraskedforthis:

eli1.png
It's real. A pocket realm. Above the city. Jesus.

logan1.png
You ever been to one of these places before?

eli1.png
Er, no. I just read about them.

logan1.png
Well, looks like we're all doing something new.

eli1.png
Let's get moving.

Brace yourselves, lads. For next time we shall end this evil that marshals before us.

Koschey

Arcane
I actually liked the legs puzzle, because it was the first time a solution wasn't served on a silver platter (just a wooden platter). The sets old man, dog, man, snake from the note and baby, man, old man from the riddle of the sphinx are similar enough, I think, that the association with the legs hint should be clear. And it's still not as explicitly spelled out like the solution of every other puzzle in the game.

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I actually liked the legs puzzle, because it was the first time a solution wasn't served on a silver platter (just a wooden platter). The sets old man, dog, man, snake from the note and baby, man, old man from the riddle of the sphinx are similar enough, I think, that the association with the legs hint should be clear. And it's still not as explicitly spelled out like the solution of every other puzzle in the game.

Well it's easy to solve there when there was like 2 min between seeing the clue and seeing legs scrawled on the keypad. On the other hand, if you're playing and don't go straight from the office to the door, one might not make the connection.

Koschey

Arcane
Well it's easy to solve there when there was like 2 min between seeing the clue and seeing legs scrawled on the keypad. On the other hand, if you're playing and don't go straight from the office to the door, one might not make the connection.

I agree you might not make the connection immediately, but then again it's not as if you're drowning in inventory items in Unavowed or you are working on too many puzzles at the same time. With the small number of inventory items and only a handful of unsolved puzzles to apply them to, it should become clear sooner rather than later that the note applies to the legs hint. And a puzzle that might stump you for a bit, but not too long, and requires a little thought in my opinion is a clear improvement over puzzles like
Room 1: "Hint BEAR" -> Room 2: "The teddybear's name is Griff" -> I guess the password to the computer is Griff.

edit: Though I guess that this is one of the only puzzles in Unavowed with a not immediately obvious solution has some responsibility for the confusion as well, in that it is unexpected that this time the game actually requires thought and a little guesswork for a solution in the first place. So instead of considering everything at your disposal, the game up till now trained you to only consider the immediate surroundings.

Last edited:

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
20180930122626_1.jpg

Onward!

20180930122703_1.jpg

To glory!

20180930122707_1.jpg

Hello there.

20180930122709_1.jpg

He reminds me a lot of Alec Baldwin. Wouldn't be surprised if that were used as reference for the picture.

roy1.png
Daddy has a meeting to attend to. You be good, you hear? Child minder, come forth!

20180930122716_1.jpg

:hmmm:

20180930122717_1.jpg

Ice cold bitch!

roy1.png
I have business to attend to. Please watch over my son until I return.

Of course. I'll have everything ship-shape and Bristol fashion upon your return.

20180930122727_1.jpg

Exit Fellows.

20180930122730_1.jpg

The baby looks surprisingly cozy in his ice crib. - no wonder it's surprising, considering that hardly looks cozy at all.

Also, Fellows have passed through an entrance to an ominously dark cave. Spooky.

Forward, men!

20180930122801_1.jpg

Osnap

20180930122803_1.jpg

20180930122804_1.jpg

Moving three steps ahead is for suckers.

eli1.png
Look, lady...

20180930122808_1.jpg

:what:

Lethal force is authorized.

eli3.png
Right. Sorry to bother you!

20180930122816_1.jpg

It seems a change of plan is in order!

logan1.png
What was that? Some kind of... ice babysitter?

eli3.png
That's a golem! An ice golem, no less. It's kind of a... machine. Programmed to follow a few simple commands.

logan1.png
The thing is ICE. Can't you, you know, melt her?

eli3.png
Not from here. I need line of sight, and I'm not sure what kind of defenses she's got. It can sense my fire magic. I don't think I can go out there.

Accursed wonky LoS mechanics, I bet this is made in Unity :negative:

20180930122831_1.jpg

Normie power!

:codexisfor: So it's up to Logan and me?

logan1.png
*Sigh* Sorry, KayKay, she didn't mean it.

eli4.png
Yes, if you, uh, three can distract her, or make her look away so she doesn't see me... I'll take care of the rest.

Time go in all sneaky-loike then.

20180930122859_1.jpg

By which I mean of course talking to her like normal.

:codexisfor: What are you?

Engaging exposition mode!

oh no :negative:

My function priorities are as follows: Priority 1: Protect the child. Priority 2: Nurture the child. Priority 3: Entertain the child. For all inquiries, please contact my creator: Goodfellow, Robin.

Ah, so Fellows is actually a puca. I liked him better in A Tale of Two Kingdoms.

8a5e8d128af629f29aeb0ef0aeb9edb0007377dd.jpg

:shredder:

20180930122911_1.jpg

:codexisfor: You are here to take care of the baby?

It is my humble duty to watch over all children given to my charge.

:codexisfor: We've come for the baby.

No. No, I don't think so. You are not an authorized caregiver. Please contact <Goodfellow, Robin> to receive access.

:whiteknight: This baby was stolen from his parents!

I haven't the foggiest notion what you are referring to. Nothing untoward has taken place. I assure you.

:codexisfor: Could you look after this child for us?

I am authorized to do so. Is this your child?

logan1.png
Yeah, she's right here. Her name's KayKay.

Ah, yes, a human spirit. Priority 1: Protect the child. Hm, not applicable. Kaykay is dead. Priority 2: Nurture the child. Also not applicable. KayKay does not require nurturing. Priority 3: Entertain the child. Ah yes, mental stimulation is quite necessary for young minds, mortal or not.

logan1.png
Jesus, you're gonna sing, aren't you?

I should think NOT! How unseemly. I am, however, equipped to read children storybooks. That is quite proper.

You know, I'm not even going to start wondering why this golem made by and belonging to Fellows would accept orders from just about... anyone.

20180930122954_1.jpg

:codexisfor: Could you read KayKay a story?

Oh, dash it all! I do not possess any stories in my memory. I am quite dreadfully sorry.

:codexisfor: I'm... gonna go now.

Cheerio.

20180930123004_1.jpg

Fortunately we have just the appropriate children's book on hand!

Ah, this will do nicely. Thank you.

20180930123013_1.jpg

:codexisfor: Could you read KayKay a story?

It just so happens I have one story in my memory. Please, child, sit down. Don't dally.

20180930123018_1.jpg

:lol:

20180930123030_1.jpg

MAY THE GALAXY BURN

20180930123035_1.jpg

20180930123035_2.jpg

20180930123037_1.jpg

Of course she leaves nothing but smouldering boots behind. Appropriate.

eli1.png
Gotcha.

logan1.png
It's gone?

eli1.png
Yeah, she's gone. Sorry to involve KayKay like that.

logan5.png
She's part of the team, man.

logan6.png
And hey, she's not gonna make me watch that movie again anytime soon, so, you know, silver lining.

:thumbsup:

20180930123053_1.jpg

:whiteknight: Hi, Elijah. We're here to rescue you.

logan5.png
Heh. Hey, guy, got a little drool there.

logan3.png
Er, actually a LOT of drool. Either of you got a napkin?

eli4.png
His mother was the same. Drooled like Niagara Falls.

eli3.png
I mean... grandmother. Jesus, where does the time go?

logan1.png
Speaking of time, shouldn't we get going?

eli1.png
Yeah, I'll get him.

20180930123108_1.jpg

Target acquired, begin extraction.

eli4.png
Hi, little one, you're safe now. Yeah, that's right. It's me. It's family. Let's get you home.

20180930123136_1.jpg

But before we do, I wonder what's in the Ominous Cave (tm).

20180930123139_1.jpg

20180930123140_1.jpg

Deceived!

logan1.png
Uh, what?

eli1.png
Yeah, it's a fey thing. Just... don't go through that door again.

shrug

20180930123155_1.jpg

Inb4 the elevator disappears.

20180930123201_1.jpg

All too easy.

logan1.png
KayKay says that wasn't how she imagined Fairyland.

eli1.png
She expected rainbows and flowers? Tiny pixies with wings?

logan1.png
Something like that.

eli1.png
The fey world is huge and varied. If we ever go back, maybe she'll see them.

logan1.png
After what we just saw? We're happy to wait.

20180930123219_1.jpg

:codexisfor: What did Robin want with Elijah anyway?

eli2.png
The fey court can't meddle in mortal affairs. Not directly. They need dupes like Hugh or Jason Grant. Having a human child would let him... skip all that. He'd have a willing agent. And the power that comes with it. But no longer, not as long as I have breath. And, you know, FIRE.

:codexisfor: So what should we tell the parents?

eli1.png
Jesus, I don't know. I think they'll just be happy to get him back. I know I would.

Ding ding goes the elevator.

logan1.png
Finally.

eli1.png
Yeah, let's go.

20180930123255_1.jpg

eli1.png
Hi, um, Travis?

travis1.png
Hm? Oh, it's you. I was kinda lost in thought. What's up? What... is that...?

eli1.png
It's your son. We found him.

travis1.png
But... how? WHERE?

20180930123308_1.jpg

eli1.png
It doesn't matter. Take Elijah. Go home to your wife. Move back to Florida. You'll be happier there, trust me.

travis1.png
I... okay. You found my kid, I won't ask any questions. So... can I have him back?

NO!

GAHAHA @_@

eli1.png
... oh. Right, of course. Here.

20180930123321_1.jpg

Package delivered. Mission accomplished.

travis1.png
It's you. It's you! You've grown a bit. But those eyes... I'd recognize them anywhere. I'm... gonna take you home. Right now. You need your mother. Hell, *I* need your mother. Thank you, I don't know why you did this for us, or how, but thank you.

eli4.png
Anytime. In a heartbeat.

Aw, everyone loves happy endings!

20180930123336_1.jpg

UH-OH

20180930123339_1.jpg

SORCERY!

travis1.png
What the-!

20180930123341_1.jpg

you cheeky bugger! :argh:

roy1.png
Hello. You took something that does not belong to you.

travis1.png
Mr Fellows?

roy1.png
That's Mr GOODFELLOW to you. This is my child. I have a sense of mind to teach you a lesson.

travis1.png
What the hell are you talking about? That's MY son.

roy1.png
No, no, no, I'm sorry. A deal was made. Melkhiresa, you were there. You can tell them.

20180930123404_1.jpg

:fight: I can tell you're a sleazy lowlife who kidnaps kids.

roy1.png
There is only ONE kidnapper here, and it is not me. A deal was made. By fey law, the child is mine.

eli2.png
Give him back. NOW.

Eli goes a-flamin'

roy1.png
A fire mage? After all this time? Aldin's Hunters will be thrilled to hear it.

eli1.png
Do what you like. Just give the kid back.

roy1.png
*Sigh*

20180930123419_1.jpg

20180930123422_1.jpg

Sacre bleu!

20180930123423_1.jpg

roy1.png
I am sorry, but it is the only way. I will have to start over with another child. Unless... another deal could be made?

TrumpBestDeal.png

20180930123436_1.jpg

:codexisfor: What kind of deal are we talking about?

roy1.png
Simple. The child lives. He comes back home with me. I raise him as my own. In return, none of you pursue him. You will tell nobody what happened. You leave it be. For as long as you live. So... do we have a deal?

travis1.png
This is insane. You are insane.

Funny. That's almost the same thing Grant said in his office.

roy1.png
Yes or no? Please hurry, my arm is not as strong as it used to be.

20180930123721_1.jpg

:codexisfor: There's got to be another way.

roy1.png
You have five seconds to think of one. I'd suggest you hurry.

:codexisfor: No way, you're bluffing.

eli3.png
No! Don't listen to her, she doesn't get a vote. He's NOT bluffing. I... know his kind. They mean what they say.

:codexisfor: Fine, you win.

*Sounds of thunder in the distance*

roy1.png
It is done then!

travis1.png
This isn't happening. This isn't happening.

roy1.png
Don't worry, I will take very good care of him. He'll want for nothing. Isn't that right, my boy? What've you got to say to that?

something seems amiss

roy1.png
What??

20180930123747_2.jpg

:what:

20180930123748_1.jpg

Lolwut? :lol:

travis1.png
What? I... WHAT?!

eli3.png
No way.

eli4.png
No WAY!

20180930123800_1.jpg

:codexisfor: That looks like it hurts.

eli4.png
Yeah, I KNOW!

travis1.png
What... what is happening?

eli4.png
Elijah's a fire mage!

So ice nanny can detect Eli's feuer magix but not the kid's. Ok :neveraskedforthis:

travis1.png
He... I... oh god.

20180930123808_1.jpg

Travis suffers critical WP failure.

eli4.png
Don't worry, kid, he'll be fine. Just keep doing what you're doing. Go get him! Do us proud!

roy2.png
Get it off me! Get it off me!

20180930123823_1.jpg

:troll: Oh, I'm sorry, we made a DEAL, remember? We can't pursue the child.

eli6.png
She's right. We can't do anything. SO sorry.

roy2.png
Fine! I nullify the deal! Get it off me!

eli2.png
Not so fast. Promise to go back to your world and never come back. You won't interfere with mortals or mortal children ever again.

Eli is altering the deal.

roy2.png
Fine. FINE! Done!

eli6.png
And... you will owe us a favor.

Pray he doesn't alter it any further!

roy2.png
... NO. I can't.

eli6.png
Yes, you can. And will. Unless you want to see what two fire mages can do.

roy2.png
Fine, I agree! I agree to all of it!

eli6.png
Good.

20180930123844_1.jpg

20180930123845_1.jpg

20180930123847_1.jpg

Since great-grandad Eli was great-grandson of Aldin, I assume fire magix are inherited over three generations.

20180930123850_1.jpg

roy1.png
The Hunters of Aldin will be VERY interested in learning about that child.

eli2.png
I'm sorry, what?

roy1.png
What will the hunters do to it, I wonder? It will be a pleasure to find out.

20180930123902_1.jpg

I dunno why Codexia can't just call upon the favor to make him stay silent about this, but so it goes.

The chosen one must choose!

lightbane

Arcane
The chosen one must choose!

First things first, leave this guy alone. We can use the favor later on to make him do something he doesn't want to do, heh.

weird things can happen to dialogue flow when you don't select options 1-2-3-4

I'm not sure what do you mean here. Also, not only the company literally made deals wtih supernatural, evil forces, they fell for an obvious, textbook trap. Also, that fey is way too evil, it would be more fitting if it was a demon instead.

nsane, Mr Grant? Is it insane to want a child, a legacy?

Usually fey leave a changeling behind to avoid this kind of mess, but this one was extra-lazy I guess.

Lethal force is authorized.

That's some knife.

Accursed wonky LoS mechanics, I bet this is made in Unity :negative:

Why can't Eli throw fire like a grenade bypassing that wall instead?

Engaging exposition mode!

Lol, does she say that for real?

Ah, so Fellows is actually a puca. I liked him better in A Tale of Two Kingdoms.

That game had a better representation of fairies than this one, even if a bit too cheery.

Jesus, you're gonna sing, aren't you?

I should think NOT! How unseemly. I am, however, equipped to read children storybooks. That is quite proper.

Even the golem is against musicals.

You know, I'm not even going to start wondering why this golem made by and belonging to Fellows would accept orders from just about... anyone.

Either he made it right now, or he's lazy. Since fey hate cold iron, which requires hard work to make, I will say the later.

Oh, dash it all! I do not possess any stories in my memory. I am quite dreadfully sorry.

Yep, totally lazy. Also, that trick was funny.

and hey, she's not gonna make me watch that movie again anytime soon, so, you know, silver lining.

Which movie could that be?

No, no, no, I'm sorry. A deal was made. Melkhiresa, you were there. You can tell them.

Yet another idiot that doesn't have Read Magic prepared. This seems to be a common theme. Or is the protagonist still a demon playing along? I'm not sure if the writing is good enough to pull that twist.

So ice nanny can detect Eli's feuer magix but not the kid's. Ok :neveraskedforthis:

He just manifested them. Taking care of the kid will be an adventure for his parents, but Eli doesn't seem to mind.

Travis suffers critical WP failure.

Staying under the rain for too long does that.

Since great-grandad Eli was great-grandson of Aldin, I assume fire magix are inherited over three generations.

It should have been six or seven for the magical number, but three is close enough, I guess.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
I'm not sure what do you mean here.

I meant:

"Elijah is alive and stuff yo", "wow cool story"

followed by

"I'm here about your son, yo", "wow why didnt you say so"

Usually fey leave a changeling behind to avoid this kind of mess, but this one was extra-lazy I guess.

yeah that was my reaction as well

Lol, does she say that for real?

yep

Reinhardt

Arcane
Why would we kill this cute little fey after we just fed human corpses to demon earlier? Let it go.

Koschey

Arcane
If Fellows wants to bring Aldin's Hunters into this, let's give him a reason. Eli should embrace his legacy and become Eli the Burninator.

Atrachasis

Augur
On the one hand, he's really begging to be nuked. On the other hand, we just kinda sorta made a deal to let him go... breaking that deal half a minute later might have some undesired consequences.

Maybe deciding to spare him will actually allow us to call in that favor somewhere further down that dialog tree and force him to keep this from the hunters?

Erebus

Arcane
Leave him for now.

The way you trick the golem is pretty fun. I wonder what the other options are ?

So far, Logan and Kaykay really seem to be the best characters.

baud

Arcane
Patron
Burn him! It's both an elfa fey and a banker, so it's double win! Also we haven't made a lot of violent choices, so why not for a slimeball who deserve it?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom