Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Let's All Play Darkspore

Jason

chasing a bee
Tags: Darkspore; Electronic Arts

<p>Highly anticipated action-RPG/guaranteed failure/body part collection sim <a href="http://store.steampowered.com/news/5194/" target="_blank"><strong>Darkspore</strong></a> is now in beta.</p>
<blockquote>Now through Friday of this week, get and play the free Darkspore beta on Steam. Also, Steam announces an exclusive pre-purchase offer: a four-pack of Darkspore for the price of three. So grab some friends and join the sci-fi universe of Darkspore, a fast-paced new online Action-RPG from Maxis and Electronic Arts in which you battle across alien worlds with your customized squads of heroes.</blockquote>
<p>&nbsp;</p>

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Seems like it has shades of Mail Order Monsters. That said, I'm not really into the squad-based PvP which seems to be what the game is focus upon.

no i think this might be a good game, there were no boobs in the opening cinematic and they used words like "transmutation" and "quantum DNA".

nice ambient music. it's like diablo so far only that you can choose on the battle field to switch between a healer, some tank like character and one more.

the first levels are on floating rocks close to a black hole where the "DARK SPORE" learned how to use cosmic rays for energy.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
racofer said:
Jaesun said:
It's probably better than Dragon Age II.

By the end of this year, DAII will be considered GOTY even by us.

Since I refuse to play it, at least I wont be giving it a vote. I'll save that vote for Mass Effect 3. ;)

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
You have successfully added zelda64whatagreatgame to your ignore list.

The real question is, why did I ever take you off my ignore list.

the thing that seems worrying to me is that there are a hundred different heroes. it should be hard to get any decent balance out of this while still retaining a marked difference between the heroes.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Can you stop fucking spamming this thread faggot.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom