Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Let's all get horribly raped in Grimrock

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Pages for the page god!

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
And with that out of the way, on to the remainder of level 2. :M

We respawn at comrade save rock.

hBLgn.jpg

Skipped a bunch of stuff we did in the last update and killed all the fungi people to get us to the point where we were.
GqM3A.jpg

Found a lever which opens a secret door.
oj5Oh.jpg

Lever here.
xN0ZH.jpg

There's a keyhole hereabouts
0Relv.jpg

Secret room the lever opens is here. Note the tooltip.
8kZwi.jpg

Yep. It's BROBERTs first skull for his headhunter trait! :incline:
UdQKr.jpg

Also a helmet (heavy armor, so we cant' really use it yet) and another alchemy ingredient.
DUx1C.jpg

Notice attack damage increase as I pick up the skull.
UCpNp.jpg

Using our key opens a secret door.
NJtwx.jpg

jFQC5.jpg

The hall splits. One side leads to a lever, the other to a door + pressure plate. Lots of footsteps can be heard from behind the door.
jFW7g.jpg

o5pRn.jpg

sZleS.jpg

We use the lever first. it opens a wall leading back to a part of the dungeon we explored before.
iZXVe.jpg

P8A95.jpg

Ttk5Z.jpg

Here's the trapdoor we tossed a rock over to close. Actually, wonder what happens if you remove the rock and step back onto the pressure plate... *save game*
DKkCA.jpg

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
hTV6q.jpg

J0h6P.jpg

57JCa.jpg

:M

And that is one way to skip the remainder of level 2! *load game*
k3Sdt.jpg

Going back to the door we wait a few moments for it to open
Ptwqw.jpg

:what:
A skeleton phalanx. Basically the same as mr. skeleton, except hits 4x as hard and has 4x the hit points. Spells are especially good against groups, as they hit everything on a cell
UTuyz.jpg

p69Zf.jpg

XYFDO.jpg

Lots of waltzing and spells later. :yeah:
tXi0G.jpg

Metal door, demon head, riddle.
7pDks.jpg

nGcLe.jpg

Standing on the pressure plate and debating whether I should just leave stuff on it or rest the door suddenly slides open. Didn't take too long, but I guess everything more than 10 seconds is an eternity for the ADHD kids today :roll:
Qj9xu.jpg

Another skeleton phalanx and dance ensues.
dOdhH.jpg

xpSt2.jpg

they were guarding fire bombs for Spekkmeister.
dLrja.jpg

njUcT.jpg

We rest again to top up hitpoints and...
uDWNq.jpg

glhXV.jpg

TlP0P.jpg

BHjZd.jpg

G7cJS.jpg

88kAM.jpg

50IFm.jpg

zoCYw.jpg

BROBERT levels up. Gonna get axes and athletics up a bit before continuing to level armor.
VJLkk.jpg

Level 2 pretty much entirely explored.
0AWJl.jpg

Right before the end we find another bag contaning a mortar and pestele, some glass bottles and a recipe scroll.
ph3jf.jpg

8QNHR.jpg

Right clicking the mortar and pestle opens the alchemy screen. We make a pair of healing potions. :incline:
Hl6U3.jpg

gGc14.jpg

Removing the toarch nearby opens the grate down to level 3
E8YeM.jpg

Baafq.jpg

And that's level 2 done! Things should get considerably harder soon.

Johannes

Arcane
Looks awesome, though I don't want to spoil the puzzles for myself so can't read too closely... But shouldn't Bee be an Insectoid btw?

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Looks awesome, though I don't want to spoil the puzzles for myself so can't read too closely... But shouldn't Bee be an Insectoid btw?
She probably should come to think of it. Oh well.

I'm mostly through taking screenshots of level 3. I'm debating whether or not to post the solutions I found to some of the puzzles there as they were rather pleasing to figure out on my own and I wouldn't want to derive other codexers of that joy.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
That whole be patient thing is quite devious. If you're not patient and try to scum it and go afk, you will get raped really quickly by the skellie group. For maximum lulz they should have made the trigger be after a minute or so to really tempt people.

You should post puzzle solutions in spoiler tags imo.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Enh, it's already a lot of work posting ~150-200 images per level, cropping, resizing, uploading, linking, commenting. If I have to do spoiler tags too I may end up abandoning this LP even sooner. Not to mention puzzles are a very, very large part of this. If I tag out everything puzzle-related it'll be a very short LP.

So in short, spoiler tags are cumbersome and people reading a let's play should expect there to be bloody spoilers innit :p

Level 3 incoming in a bit, that'll be the last update before the weekend. Uploading the screenshots to imgur now.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
More Scribbles as we enter dunjon level 3
NGQDu.jpg

There's a pillar in the first room and several torch sconces on it as well as some along the walls. Making sure only the pillar has torches on it opens the door to the next area.
2vLrN.jpg

Y6BwW.jpg

We find some loot for Spekkmeister to throw. Unlike throwing knives and shuriken, bombs aren't reusable. So I'll probably end up hoarding them until they are useless.
mUrQG.jpg

esjbE.jpg

More flappy things down the corridor
MdPQs.jpg

Killing them lets Roxorowskij level up
MtN42.jpg

3e7JL.jpg

They can get quite in your face when they attack. If you get surprised by one of them this animation is pretty startling
gE8Aa.jpg

Spekkmeister feels stronger
lKf4I.jpg

There are a couple of open trapdoors in this room. It's a puzzle I completely missed first time through. I'll solve it firther down this post.
Zyo5z.jpg

Walking around the logn way allows you to get up close & personal with a skeleton archer. He fires enchanted frost arrows at you.
pOAkA.jpg

The corridor brances and we reach a door that requires a key. It's probably in the next room, but it looks like a trap
M7rTg.jpg

yT87I.jpg

LKY60.jpg

Pushing the button allows us to enter the room. But the first floorplate inside makes the gate slam shut and releases several skeletons. The second touchplate, however, opens the trapdoor in the middle of the room.
cna5K.jpg

dfZ5K.jpg

I lure most of the skeletons onto the trapdoor and step on the trigger plate to drop them to their doom.
HnsWs.jpg

Except I accidentally back into an alcove and am forced to fight the last one.
LygRg.jpg

But s'all good, 'cause Bee levels up from it :incline:
DGMBw.jpg

2UEFn.jpg

She takes a few ranks in fire magic, just in case she runs into ice-resistant monsters level. Here is fireburst.
69pp2.jpg

Progress so fa.r There's a level that opens the gate as well as a key to the locked door.
qcKdQ.jpg

LrzJb.jpg

gSnzs.jpg

We explore a bit further and find a Komrade Save Stone
rrF6L.jpg

Here's another puzzle thingie that will be solved at the end. Also the stairs down but we can't reach them yet.
XRCrJ.jpg

FUCKING SPIDERS! :x
They confer a poison status effect that ticks for fuckign ages and deals additional damage. They also hit like a truck. I can mix up antidotes (thanks to the alchemy kit we cound on level 2) but resources to do so are extremely limited.
9ofwt.jpg

mxYcJ.jpg

Moving on we find a room with another spider in it (a bit further down) and 2 trapdoors. notice the switch to the left. It'll close the trapdoors temporarily.
1ednL.jpg

LPESD.jpg

Makign the spider chase you, then closing the trapdoors and keeping it on them seems to be th emost expedient way to end this fight.
93uDA.jpg

ODaQ7.jpg

This next room was the first puzzle that stumped me.
hyL2A.jpg

Essentially it's a 3x3 room with teleportation fields that move counterclockwise and shunt you out of the room if they hit you. There's a trapdoor in the middle and a switch in the back-right cell that opens the gate immediately opposite the entrance.
LUUbo.jpg

dcWP9.jpg

Ae5Bo.jpg

However, there is no easy way to walk onto the door after you stand on the switch. I was mucking about with this for quite a while.
FA6GQ.jpg

801lH.jpg

Eventually I decided I needed to explore to see if I had missed something. I found 2 secrets.
In the previous room (the one with spider and 2 trapdoors) there is a switch over one of the trapdoors. Closing them and then quickly running over to press the switch (and stepping off the trapdoor) before they open again opens a secret room.
Q24jj.jpg

Ru2q5.jpg

6K7He.jpg

A pretty goddamn awesome single-use item!
Lv6Xe.jpg

Having found tha tI accidentally hit R (rest) instead of E (rotate clockwise) and another rest sequence plays.
9DYOc.jpg

imXZG.jpg

kmRnm.jpg

0TbWY.jpg

HGHdB.jpg

ES7Ym.jpg

Further exploration back the way I came yields another secret. This one is really awesome if you have a rogue.
In the room near the start where you fought a skeleton archer, there's a brick on the wall. clicking it opens a secret door in the passage you use to get around the open trapdoors.
7SR6d.jpg

UJj8t.jpg

XEnKn.jpg

there's a shuriken ion here and another secret switch that opens the other wall.
Camlo.jpg

Tossing a rock over the 2 open trapdoors triggers a touchplate, allowing you to enter the previously blocked champer. In here you find
Q8lgS.jpg

...arrows...
vUKwN.jpg

And a bow! :yeah:
N9C9h.jpg

Flush from my success I return to the teleportation room. On the way, I notice the distinct sound of many, many spiders so I decide to brew up some antivenom and distribute it to my fighters.
20KX0.jpg

The teleportatoon chamber puzzle is actually quite good and very obvious once you solve it. So I'll be nice and spoiler it out for people.
Turning counterclockwise immediately before the switch that opens the door we want to exit shows another touchplate. Tossing a rock closes the trapdoor in the centre of the room.
7vNdD.jpg

cZyjB.jpg

With this done, it is possible to toss a rock onto the exit trigger, sidestep onto the trapdoor and run out of the room before the teleportation field shunts the rock away and causes the door to close. Timing is pretty tight, so it may take a few tries.
uQ7Or.jpg

loMQP.jpg

Moving on we find some spider eggs blocking our way. conventional adventurer logic dictates we destroy them
NlEA3.jpg

apparently there has been a cave-in. Maybe this is related to the earthquake we experienced on level 2?
3ZQXB.jpg

Lots of spidery sounds are heard from all around. I don't like this.
uLAp8.jpg

Scribble here says "I demand a sacrifice!"
bhdf1.jpg

Dropping a surplus knife through the nearby bars and hitting the nearby switch causes the trapdoor to open and a key to appear
tDm9d.jpg
This lets us enter an egg chamber which is chock full of spiders.
yLlEF.jpg

BROBERT goes down in the brutal fighting that ensues.
zMugY.jpg

And Roxorowskij finds an upgrade for his trusty machete
539yA.jpg

We work our way back to an old friend
qfkS6.jpg

Which heals us all and revives BROBERT
TNvzq.jpg

Using the keys we found in the spider chamber where BROBERT died we can open this door
tRY2B.jpg

0w896.jpg

Which leads to a room suspiciously like the first one in this level. This is key to an item we find in a short while.
uvBRe.jpg

But first we explore down the hallway and find a brick to push. this in turn opens a secret door that lets you take a shortcut through the hallway. It also releases a spider.
bggDS.jpg

Whose death levels up Roxorowskij :incline:
cw0YR.jpg

Tw3nN.jpg

the grate at the end of the hallway is opened with this switch, but closes shortly after. Without the shortcut we just opened, there would be no way to reach it in time.
YNbyz.jpg

As the gate slams shut behind us, we find ourselves in a room with more spiders. Sadly, I have no antidotes or healing potions prepared. I get stuck in a corner.
YZoIG.jpg

qZO9R.jpg

With predictable results.
793SO.jpg

Take 2. Release spider #1 and kill it.
tN3tf.jpg

nB3rS.jpg

Before going into the next room I prepare some potions. I also solve the puzzle in the room immediately prior to this hallway. You should be able to figure it out. Once you open a secret door in that room you will be able to reach the iron door next to the teleportation chamber puzzle. Which yields this spiffy item:

0hS94.jpg

Spekkmeister levels up. As does roxorowskij and BROBERT.
Pf0XB.jpg

We kill a bunch more spiders
VF0ie.jpg

3ZYGf.jpg

Allowing Bee to incline along with the rest of the team.
PZaN4.jpg

rjp6I.jpg

Ew9Or.jpg

We find a wooden box with alchemy ingredients and another PROTIP
URBYt.jpg

since Bee is runnign out of inventory space I start stuffing stuffies into her bags & boxes.
ufJZo.jpg

Getting close to the end now.
uD4hf.jpg

Another room full of spiders. I'm getting pretty sick of poison by now. If only bee had been an Earth Mage who could've learned Poison Shield.
HJGz6.jpg

We barely survive the room. Both tanks croak.
ubrfY.jpg

Scribbles here said somethign about spectral relay or something. I forget. Sadly, fraps doesn't like screenshotting the translations.
g54fj.jpg

There are 2 touchplates, a face that spits a sphere that will disappear if it collides with somehting and a receiver immeiately opposite. Placing a torch through the gate will open it. Stepping on the other plate and moving out of the way will let the white glob hit the receiver and open the door
pZYyW.jpg
This all leads us back to a familiar room.
8Cghv.jpg

Oh, that's nice of him.
Qq202.jpg

there's alever in here that closes the trapdoor, lettign us reach Comrade Save Stone and revive the fighters.
lfDvE.jpg

Leaving no loot unclaimed we take a leap of faith.
Pfn8Q.jpg

WHEEEEEEEEEEeeeeee----

txH3Z.jpg

I9kDv.jpg

There's a mushroom dude down here (easily killed)
VyEdW.jpg

As well as some stylish leather pants for BROBERT
3JM6C.jpg

And a teleporter to back the way we came.
iWff6.jpg

Nifl4.jpg

There's also a gold lock to a door, but I haven't been able to find the key at the time of writing. So on we go.
3x02b.jpg

EXCELSIOR!

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
Hint. There're secrets in the pits. Jump in them. Don't worry. It won't bite. :smug:

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Good LP. I will start following it closelt once you reach level 5 or so - it's probably at that point that I start hitting my head against the wall faced with "ingenious" puzzles.

Arpad

Educated
That's a proper codexian party - rushing headlong to a room with pressure plate right after a closeable door and dropping enemies to a trap instead of first dropping a rock on a plate and camping at the door like my mages.

The metal door with the patient head made me fffuuu a little. I thought a rock would have worked well on the plate if that thing would release mobs. Didn't work with a rock so I slept on that spot and had to quickly waltz the room with little hp.

More!

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Hint. There're secrets in the pits. Jump in them. Don't worry. It won't bite. :smug:
I know, but since I'm playing on hard, blind and only saving at crystals I try to limit my Exciting™ exploration

Good LP. I will start following it closelt once you reach level 5 or so - it's probably at that point that I start hitting my head against the wall faced with "ingenious" puzzles.

I'm actually considering skipping the puzzles entirely so I won't rob other people of the joy of solving them themselves. You do feel quite smug whenevever you solve one. The counterclockwise-teleporter-room was a real eureka moment when I spotted the second pressure plate.

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
Definitely interesting, too bad blobbers don't really do it for me. Don't skip the puzzles as it's fun to read about them and it's highly unlikely I (and others who don't like blobbers) would ever play this.

Ashery

Prophet
And those that do like'em will quickly overtake where you are in game after the LP sparks their interest, heh.

I gotta say, though, fuck those god damned spiders. They're incredibly good training for one's waltzing skills, but there's just so much fucking rage when one accidentally sidesteps left instead of right and gets raped while pinned.

I *think* the gold key room has a pair of heavy armor boots, but I could be mistaken. I forget where I got the key, too, heh.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
You get it in a secret room that also releases a spider the moment you open it. Can't remember where the opening button was, but the room is the one you see when you're at the counterclock-wise puzzle and go to the pressure plate you have to throw a rock on, then turn to the left. Theres a gap in the floor that closes when you remove that very same rock, and to open the door you gotta use a lever thats behind the magic wall I mentioned. The spider drops the key. You also haven't discovered the slime dungeon in this level. :o

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
The LP isn't dead but I'm quite busy atm. I'll get back to it eventually and probably won't skip any puzzles nor bother with spoiler tags in the future. If anyone have had their interest in this sparked in the slightest, I highly reccomend giving the game a go. I'm a rabid fan of old-school blobbers myself, but I found this game highly entertaining.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom