Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Legend of Grimrock 2 Party Compositions

Messing around with a minotaur berserker type, an insectoid battlemage, a rat alchemist, and a lizard rogue, just to break convention. I used all racial specializations, except the rat, where I increased his carrying capacity by 25%, since he is my packrat. We'll see how this goes. Sorry for class names, I am referring to builds, not archetypes, as its been awhile since I created my party, nor have I touched the game until I complete my current medley. :/

Pope Amole II

Nerd Commando Game Studios
Developer
Please explain what's good and what's bad about it.
1. Evasion is an all or nothing affair - it gets really effective only when you reach the 60-70 mark, if not higher, and that can be done only on one character since +dexterity potions are very limited. Critical would be a much better choice.

2. Weapon training doesn't work with ranged weapons. And your alchemist probably requires a mix of critical & accuracy (3+2, I guess).

3. You have no magic and while that's not a fatal flaw, some situations will get somewhat annoying for you. Mb, at the very least, some concentration points on those barbarians so they can use magical trinkets. At least one of them.

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
So what's the general opinion on Battle Mages? Are They useful? Is it better to get Battle Mage and a Wizard or just 2 Wizards? Should I make him warrior/mage hybrid or just a mage with enough protection to stand in the front row? I've started with Barbarian, Battle Mage, Alchemist and a Wizard but Battle Mage and turned out to be a bit disappointing so I'm thinking about switching to 2 Wizards, Barbarian and a Knight/Fighter.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom