Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Legacy of Kain: Dead Sun Cancelled

ZagorTeNej

Arcane
Soul Reaver initially had nothing to do with Blood Omen, it was a standalone project called Shifter, only after CD won court battle with Silicon Knights and secured the rights to LOK did they tie it with the universe established in the first Blood Omen.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
I'm pretty sure Shifter never went much farther than early concepts for plane-shifting and fallen angel main character.

ZagorTeNej

Arcane
I'm pretty sure Shifter never went much farther than early concepts for plane-shifting and fallen angel main character.

Which ended up being some of the core mechanics for the game. Not saying it's a bad thing, it turned out rather well and is probably one of the most unique sequels in the industry. Not to mention that given that Denis Dyack is a grade A idiot, there's no guarantee Silicon Knights would have made any further use of Blood Omen IP in the first place.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Lololol fucking Square Enix couldn't even be arsed to hire blokes like Simon Templeman it seems. Legacy of Kain game indeed.

ZagorTeNej

Arcane
I'd love them to make BO3, but they'd probably fuck it up with some Emo or SJW shit.

Yeah, it'd probably be riddled with shit like collectibles, challenges, tacked on RPG elements, QTEs, X-ray vision, obligatory stealth sections etc. not sure I'd want regardless of how Kain as a protagonist voiced by Templeman could pretty much save any game.

Besides, Defiance did a decent job of tying most loose ends (the one remaining being Vorador's resurrection) and was a satisfactory conclusion to the series as far as I'm concerned. Plus, no Tony Jay anymore :(. Better to just leave it be, let CD churn out Tomb Raiders till they drop.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Well since this is the LoK thread... has this been posted before?

(I miss Tony Jay)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom