Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Le nya ?

Alex

Arcane
What are you people talking about? Who is Lenya?

Coyote

Arcane
Dicksmoker said:
Jaesun said:
Similar to what the Bethesda forums do when you type rpgcodex (it is replaced with I Love Oblivion).
Is it really? Wow.

You haven't heard this story? Yeah, they filtered "rpgcodex" to "I Love Oblivion":

Greatatlantic said:
At my age, events start to blend together. I guess it all started when RPGCodex became increasingly more critical of Oblivion... and considering they announced that dialogue would be handled by a mini-game, why shouldn't we have been critical? This is right around the time Chefe did his Oblivion comic and put hentai links in the same thread. Suddenly, MSFD and Kathode stopped posting here. Furthermore, it became TESF policy to not allow links to the Codex. Theres been on and off disagreements like all links to VD's oblivion review being deleted.

More recently, a certain undeniably fun thread was made at the Codex at the expense of Bethseda, Oblivion, and Todd... http://www.rpgcodex.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=15071 . In an attempt to share the fun, Sovy hosted all the clean images from this thread (so no links to the Codex or profanity) and I posted the link on TESF. This link was closed because it "contained politics", namely a Hammer and Sickle and a Swatsika. Sovy recleaned up the posts removing the "political symbols" and I reposted it. This one lasted a couple pages with some people thinking they were funny and others claiming "Oblivion hating" was a lame hoby for lame people. At least one of the modderators (Summer) commented in the thread with out closing it.

Then, the thread vanished... deleted if you will. I inquired with a moderator why the thread was deleted and was told that ALL refrences to RPGCodex would be deleted. Furthermore, it soon became apparent that they used their dirty word filter to change RPGCodex and RPG Codex to I love oblivion and I really love oblivion. And thats where it now stands. VD has made some public forum posts protesting this policy, but they've just been deleted. Also, some long time members have recently been banned for what may or may not have been the offense of affiliation with RPGCodex.

Hope that covers everything.

Then someone (can't remember who) bought the iloveoblivion domain and redirected it to the Codex. It's expired since then and I can't find a link to the topic where I read about this, though I found a post referencing the event on DaC.

See also this NMA post about Bethesda's handling of PR in general, which has a "Blacklisting the Codex" section.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom