Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Last Epoch - time travel action-RPG

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
But there was less of it.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
The launch seems to be pretty much in line with the technical competence they've displayed in the past.

Their 0.9 launch was literally unplayable for my group. Not unplayable as in "haha so many bugs so much lag." Unplayable as in "loading every single area transition took upwards of 5 full minutes and often resulted in crashes.

covr

Prophet
Patron
Right mouse button is bugged atm, you should be able to assign skill there. It worked well in previous beta. Just FYI for all new players, as this is frustrating as hell, as many of the melee skills should be assigned to RMB

Justinian

Arcane
Developer
Warlock was very underwhelming. Was really looking forward to it but soul feast + bone curse still most fun combo. Fissure is annoying to use and has no modifiers that lets me nuke shit from a distance, ghostflame is underwhelming, spirit plague still sucks (was hoping to use it as a boss killer but the damage is ass). game is easy so it's not like any of them are unusable but still very disappointing.

Only briefly played with Falconer but the core skill seems very good, actually look forward to playing more with it than warlock when i get back home later today.

Justinian

Arcane
Developer
Right mouse button is bugged atm, you should be able to assign skill there. It worked well in previous beta. Just FYI for all new players, as this is frustrating as hell, as many of the melee skills should be assigned to RMB
Did not have this issue yesterday, have you tried dragging skills to it?

Peachcurl

Cipher
Did not have this issue yesterday, have you tried dragging skills to it?
Yeah, this worked yesterday (at least for me, and offline).

Lacrymas

Arcane
Acolyte in general is a bit underwhelming. Both Necromancer and Lich are powerful, but Necro is a minion mastery and those are very rarely dynamic and interesting in hack and slashers, while Lich is very one-note and the entire mastery revolves around Death Seal and Reaper Form (which still looks terrible, those dual sickles don't work). What I'd do for Necro is implement Guild Wars 1's idea of the minions decaying over time, so you have to either dedicate some skills into keeping them alive or having enough mana regen (somehow, maybe having mana leeching skills) to keep raising them.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

Let me just say that I'm a big fan of your lizard and the fact that you never fucking change it

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Acolyte in general is a bit underwhelming. Both Necromancer and Lich are powerful, but Necro is a minion mastery and those are very rarely dynamic and interesting in hack and slashers, while Lich is very one-note and the entire mastery revolves around Death Seal and Reaper Form (which still looks terrible, those dual sickles don't work). What I'd do for Necro is implement Guild Wars 1's idea of the minions decaying over time, so you have to either dedicate some skills into keeping them alive or having enough mana regen (somehow, maybe having mana leeching skills) to keep raising them.

I believe Volatile Zombies is both pretty good and pretty fun, so there's at least some variety there.

I love the primalist class but the builds look kindda ass to play atm now and I don't want to play cold dot werebear again. It was a great build but not great enough to rerun, I think.

covr

Prophet
Patron
Ehmm, sorry, I meant left mouse button, that one used to move and interact. Previously in beta you were able to have skills assigned on LMB and RMB. Now on LMB there just an icon of footprint. It is just a free skill slot for specific skills e.g. those costing no mana.

Lacrymas

Arcane
You have a bunch of ways to build a necro, but it's kinda always the same thing with different aesthetics. Maybe volatile zombies are more fun, but I found them clunky when I tried to play around with them (when not being a necro).

covr

Prophet
Patron

Let me just say that I'm a big fan of your lizard and the fact that you never fucking change it
Not going to change something that's perfect.

Lacrymas

Arcane
The campaign is so easy and bosses telegraph their attacks so obviously you'll have a hard time getting damaged in the first place.

Reinhardt

Arcane
yeah, first chapter boss went down like a little bitch. maybe he hit me but i didn't noticed it so maybe not.
playing rogue.

Justinian

Arcane
Developer
I like necromancer, I'm p much the target audience for that class, and some of the minions do decay (zombie, wraith, abomination), you can also use them as ammo via sacrifice and there are nodes on other skills that consume them for effects.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom