Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Last Epoch - time travel action-RPG

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
If you want to play online, go to the offline mode first and then there's a button in the upper left of the screen that will immediately connect you to the servers. I'm gonna try warlock now because the lich was pretty disappointing last time I played and I don't like playing minion builds in hack and slashers. Hardcore obv.

EDIT: It's dead, Jim.

ADL

Prophet
they lasted long enough for me to make my 25 characters :^)
but... why!?
crazyrobot.gif
have you ever tried to get a decent name in PoE?

VonMiskov

Educated
Click play full offline.
Wait really long time for the game to load.
Click create new cycle character.
The game gets stuck with no characters to select with no way to get back to any previous screen.

:incline:

Also the dialogues in this are something else. I think that AI could write something more literate and coherent. :negative:

Last edited:

VonMiskov

Educated
On restart I could choose my new character but it seems full offline is broken. It bugs out a lot. I have to talk to keeper guard but it just don't work and the old guy disappeared from my game yet he talks to my character...

ADL

Prophet
They really should've just disabled the social hubs during the initial launch period. Would've been level 40 on my online character by now if I wasn't trapped in the second zone.

I stalk the night
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin 2
The launch seems to be pretty much in line with the technical competence they've displayed in the past.

ADL

Prophet
Been playing for the past couple hours online without issue, aside from zoning taking ten-fifteen seconds. The developers are very sorry about the server issues and they're giving this autumnal wrap back attachment out which is a lot nicer than the backpack they gave out to Early Access owners. This will look nice on my falconer/druid.
LE_ThankYou.png

Speaking of cosmetics, tomorrow they start their twitch drops campaign.
87908a4e3b64dca70e0a15e1406e8f394ad05d65.jpeg

https://twitch.lastepoch.com/

jaekl

Educated
Patron
I looked at the first post and saw a lot of purple in the thumbnail. Skipping to this page, I can see once again that my theory proves true: the more purple a game is, the shittier it is.

Now thanks to all my hard work and the scientific studies that I've done, codexers can rest easy knowing it's safe to disregard all games with purple-style marketing material. You're welcome.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
I looked at the first post and saw a lot of purple in the thumbnail. Skipping to this page, I can see once again that my theory proves true: the more purple a game is, the shittier it is.

Now thanks to all my hard work and the scientific studies that I've done, codexers can rest easy knowing it's safe to disregard all games with purple-style marketing material. You're welcome.
What's dumb is that this kind of tracks. :lol:

Perkel

Arcane
Initial impressions:

Before 1.0 I only played it once in early alpha. Didn't like it back then because it played too generic and was all kinds of wonky.

Overall I like it. I am yet to finish campaign (i have like 7 hours offline)

pros:
- great melee combat feel
- skills are punchy and enemies react well on hits
- skill skill trees
- graphics is overall good not amazing but good.
- didn't like lore in alpha, like it now
- good loot
- crafting is interesting at the moment, hope it won't destroy loot later on.
- varied enemies and use of old bosses as fooder for later levels which feels great (power progression)
- no level scaling

cons:
- characters are kind of bleh
- class pasive tree is meh

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
I just touched a bit of the beginning, but I'm relieved that it looks like there's actually a coherent campaign now. Before they were starting to sketch it in around the time that I shut it down to wait for full release, but before that it was completely fragmented and disjointed.

Yosharian

Arcane
Click play full offline.
Wait really long time for the game to load.
Click create new cycle character.
The game gets stuck with no characters to select with no way to get back to any previous screen.

:incline:

Also the dialogues in this are something else. I think that AI could write something more literate and coherent. :negative:
Yeah it's total garbage, apparently the campaign isn't finished either

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Liked the changes they made at campaigns start, it made game a bit challenging at least. Still becomes easier as soon as you unlock your mastery.
Also gameplay feedback is a lot better now, at least it doesn't feel like I'm hitting air all the time anymore.
Started as a beastmaster with wolves and raptor, probably gonna change wolves into sabretooth when I got him.

flushfire

Augur
Played for a couple of hours and game's pretty good so far, combat feels nice and responsive. Bit easy but I just got to Chapter 2. Character system's been intuitive and seems there's different enough ways to build even before mastery via skill focus. Writing is... I don't know if it's just me but it's been garbage. Typical flaw of trying to generate interest by bombarding with fantasy names that never works. Good thing that writing's not a big deal in ARPGs. More importantly performance is excellent, didn't expect it to be playable even with intel's built-in graphics.

Last edited:

Yosharian

Arcane
Everyone should take hints from the OG Diablo and make the story minimalistic. It works. Don't try to write a fantasy novel, you are developing a game.
Yeah honestly I would prefer the developer not bothering with a story if they can't write a good one

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom