Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Lacuna - A Sci-Fi Noir Adventure

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Thanks for flagging the degenerate shit, almost impulse bought this.

If by degenerate shit you mean Rean then you are welcome.

Look, I don't care what the rest of you freaks are into and I honestly don't judge you for it but if I had funded a game like this it would have ruined my day.

That line of dialogue stinks but the game is good: it implements C&C in a simple but effective way. Basically it's incline. Not much but definitely incline.

Now, you can enjoy the game or get hanged-up on that detail. The choice is obvious if you are not retarded ... but it's your decision.

The real question is, would I have enjoyed Broken Sword the same way if it emerged that Stobbart was into scat at some point.

For me... no. I guess it takes a retard to send the spaghetti back to the kitchen when there's a turd perched upon the pasta.

Glad to hear you are content to eat around it though.

Unfortunately I cannot say that I'm glad when I see imbeciles stretching the truth.

In another words, you are right, the game is not for you.

Rean

Head Codexian Weeb
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Unfortunately I cannot say that I'm glad when I see imbeciles stretching the truth.

The only thing that's stretched here is your asshole, tranny.
I posted the screenshot. It's in the game.

When I got the game I was excited to play it. I don't want lunacy in my entertainment, I don't want to deal with your stupid fucking political agenda, I just want to have fun.
I am the one acting in good faith and attempting to warn sane individuals, you're SHILLING (funny how that works after the drama you've incited in the past).

And it's not a nitpicky minor detail. It's literally the main character's name.

Define your line in the sand right now. How much degeneracy is degeneracy enough for you?

AdamReith

Magister
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
I wouldn't have enjoyed PKD either if his characters were repugnant to me. In fiction one usually wants a protagonist that can be identified with and rooted for.

But of course these things are very subjective.

Nutria

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
And it's not a nitpicky minor detail. It's literally the main character's name.

I played the game like 3 days ago and I can't remember what the name of the main character was.

Seriously, I get it. I don't like SJW bullshit forced down my throat any more than the next guy, but you're really trying way too hard to find it here. My guess is that line was put in to pander to reviewers. IIRC it's about 5 minutes into the game, which is about as far as a game journo can get. There's nothing about modern culture war bullshit after that.

Just give it a chance. You're only making your own life worse by missing out on this.

AdamReith

Magister
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
Amazing how butt hurt some people get over people having preferences that don't include interracial femdom fantasies.

Nobody is telling you that you can't enjoy but don't expect everybody to feel the same way you do.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Nobody is telling you that you can't enjoy but don't expect everybody to feel the same way you do.
lol, I don't expect anything from you. I simply find it hilarious and sad that you saw a single sentence in an excellent video game, and it was enough to make you not only not play it, but close your eyes and run away with your mascara smearing, wishing you could somehow forget, and come crying to the Codex about how hurt your feelings were. (And still thinking that somehow you are the tough guy.) You poor thing! I swear, conservatives and "cuck callers" are way weaker snowflakes than anybody they point the finger at.

You and that emo safespace faggot Zombra
EDIT: lol again, missed this until now. You're the one who had to wash his eyes with lemon juice after seeing a game with a medium-complexioned person in it, and I'm the one in a "safe space"? :lol:

Last edited:

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Finished it. This is easily my top 3 adventure/detective game i have played in the last few years.

The way they build tension is brilliant (like the
stakeout in the park,where your deductions are pitted against the whole operation and you can'tdo anything but sit inside the van awaiting the result.

The multiple choices are very well done and some of the decisions are really hard to make. Great atmosphere, writing and fantastic soundtrack.

Nutria

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
That scene had me pacing around and feeling like I needed to piss. Which I imagine is exactly how you would really feel in that situation.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Damn, I looked into it further and there are Big Reasons why they can't sell the soundtrack separately.
rating_citation.png
There are several Steam threads on the subject: 1 2 3

I don't completely understand it, but it seems to be a publisher decision based on the "Save the World Edition" promotion; based on some contract the soundtrack can only be sold as part of this edition which includes the game + soundtrack. Evidently the devs tried to talk the publisher out of being stupid but it hasn't worked yet.

Neuromancer

Augur
Seems that the "Save the World Edition" was an even more stupid idea than I previously thought.

Maxie

Wholesome Chungus
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
finally sat down and beaten the game - it's only 4h long, but the way it's so walky and talky just drained me dry. eh i wouldnt say its the best thing ever

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
With all the drama on the last page I expected the main character to be a tranny or something, but he only took his ex-wife's name...

Meh. What a minor thing to get fed up over.

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
A solid :4/5:

Got probably the best ending. I googled up and found out there's 8 different ones, and that they are a bit more than just cosmetic variation. A nice feat is that actually part of the choices leading to any of them you must have made already 2-3h in the game.

Didn't even realize the guy had his ex-wife's surname, imagine getting this snowflakey that you get triggered over it, when there's actually things with real agenda out there.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom