Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Kult: Heretic Kingdoms / Heretic Kingdoms: The Inquisition

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Heretic Kingdoms is a huge franchise and a household name. This will sell on the power of its name alone.

imweasel

Big surprise, it's a shitty Diablo clone
The combat looks a lot like the combat in Kult: Heretic Kingdoms, just with updated graphics/animations. Too early to say if it actually is a Diablo Clone...

Okay, no need to be optimistic. It is almost definitely a fucking Diablo clone.

How many fucking Diablo clones do we need? Fuck.

:negative:

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
How many fucking Diablo clones do we need?
rg_diablo_clone_by_blazan-d5kgtlb.png

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Early access has started

http://store.steampowered.com/app/256030/

Please developers keep some female designs sexy (and I'm female)

It's been a trend lately that independant / small studios get "forced" to cover all the skin of their female characters, but as a female player I'll be very happy to play Evia the way she is designed, or other female characters in that style. I probably won't buy the game if those designs disappear, neither will my husband, so really I hope to play your games with the planned designs for once :)

:avatard:

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Game will be out 13 November

http://www.shadows-game.com/en/newsENUpdateOctober-2014-10-08.php

All new features and changes at a glance

• Introduction of prologue and tutorial
  • New playable character - Carissa Cantrecht
  • New abilities and effects
  • Improved, challenging combat
  • Configurable controls
  • Improved menus and user interface
  • New recipes and a menu book for crafting added
  • Enemies now respawn on most maps
  • RPG system has been balanced
  • Additional graphical effects
  • Improved performance
  • Numerous bug fixes and improvements

:balance:

Murk

Arcane
Huhhhh

The original Kult had a hackey-slashy combat system but was still plenty fun.

... but... this can't possibly end well...

DwarvenFood

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
The fun thing was the choice between staying pro-inquisition or going against it. Didn't know there is this remake being done.. seems a bit unnecessary. Rather have some kind of sequel, if anything at all.

Slnecnica888

Barely Literate
Hi everybody,

I came across this discussion and as developer (actually, I am Peter Nagy from the Kult interview mentioned earlier, as well as developer of Shadows) just want to mention a few points. :)

Shadows is a direct sequel, you will visit both new and old locations from Kult. We have made a lot of changes but we hopefully were able to keep the spirit of original Kult within Shadows too. Game has action combat, but it is more story oriented, I odn't consider Shadows pure hack'n'slash game. I hope we were able to improve the combat experience compared to original Kult though.

From my personal perspective, we did with Shadows what we hoped to do with Kult :). There are of course some features which may not be fully explored as the development is always under the time constraint, but I am personally very happy with the result and seems that vast majority of the players like the game too. You can see already dozens of reviews from players on Steam...
http://steamcommunity.com/app/256030/reviews/

Original writer from Kult (Chris Bateman) wrote the dialogues again. And we were able to do full voice over, which improved the atmosphere tremendously.

If you liked original Kult, you may like this one too I believe. And if you don't like it - well, share your thoughts with us, we are listening on the forums to your thoughts and ideas.

I would just share with you the recent quote from the forums (which is personally my most favourite now, until the reviews start coming in):
"
Remember Illusion of Gaia for SNES? Remember the mechanic that allowed you to capture and switch between heroes to accomplish different tasks? Remember its speed of gameplay and combat?
Shadows: Heretic Kingdoms is an excellent spiritual descendant of that tradition.
It lacks the frenetic speed of Torchlight and the graceful combat of Grim Dawn, but it more than makes up with superior graphics, sound, and interface. The voice acting talent is incredible.
This is not a cash grab. This is a heavily inspired, from-the-heart ARPG. It's different than the games it gets compared to, but in many ways, it's far richer.
-Aubrielle
Columnist, RPGWatch.com
"

Renevent

Cipher
Hey Peter, just wanted to say I actually purchased the early access quite a while ago. Haven't played in a few months as I was waiting for release and got caught up in other games lately...but what I did play was really fun. I was actually surprised at the quality of the game (graphics, sound, animations, etc) was more expecting something a bit more "indie" and rough. That's not what I found though, game is very well polished even months ago and the content I got to play was very cool. As you mentioned, it is more action based but there's also a nice amount of other stuff going on as well.

Anyways great job on the game so far, looking forward to the full release!

Murk

Arcane
Well that was unexpected. Color me intrigued.

Checked the trailer and store page -- must say, was really hoping that incredibly good voice actor was doing the narration from the first Kult game. My god, those scenes were the best.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
It seems like the game is split into two 'chapters' of a sort, I'm going to wait til the full game is out.

SarcasticUndertones

Prospernaut
Ok, just fired 'KULT' up despite the warnings from some...

Seriously.. it has Tom Baker doing all the narrations and quest dictation, and it still gets slated, he alone is worth the price of admission, but tbh (Disclaimer: so far) the game's an amusing timesink, I like the snarky humour.

I'll play it til I no longer want to, and I think it'll have been worth my time.

Last edited:

Schwalbe1728

Barely Literate
Please, excuse me necroposting - even if it's somewhat thematically relevant to my choice of avatar, harr harr - but I might've committed a war-cri- I mean a review of this title, and wanted to share.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_QND__v8eU

(PS: this is my first time posting here, so do lemme know if I've done goofed, thanks; it's been years since using forums, hyeh)
(PS2: and do let me know if you've got any kind of feedback towards the video alone)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom