Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Krater pre-alpha Steam keys giveaway + feedback wanted!

thormo

Educated
Here are some more keys to the pre alpha for those of you that use Steam!

YWDEG-6Y92X-VXAAE
YKW4E-E0FKL-CMW0N
4YQK4-M20WY-2W032
Z40NL-2087B-I0ZNW
8N803-INZXH-HREML
47WCD-G73TW-7J9JB
DJ9CK-M6ICH-3C7J9

udm

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
Thanks bro, never heard of this but I'm gonna try out the beta right now. I redeemed 47WCD-G73TW-7J9JB.

PS. Any chance you guys will release a non-Steam version on Gamersgate/Desura/GOG too? I can accept Steam as a necessary evil, but I'd much prefer to not have it if that's possible.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
That sounds weird.

Have you tried to restart the game?

/Thormo

Restarted game, restarted steam, restarted computer. It's stuck at Loading...

My firewall isn't blocking anything. THe sound is still playing, and I can go in/out of the steam community so the game isnt' frozen. It just never gets to the main menu.

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
I like the art style, animations and sound are good too, especially for pre-alpha. Whole thing reminds me of Borderlands though.

Few things I noticed over my short session:
1) No save?
2) Characters don't want to pathfind when you right click too far
3) In that bear cave I could shoot bears on lower level trough the cliff and loot them (don't have the screenie :<).

thormo

Educated
Hi thanks for the feedback.The pathfinding is fixed and will be updated in tomorrows patch.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
I'll give it another go tomorrow and see if the patch fixes whatever issue I'm having trying to start up the game.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Will do as soon as I get home and see it patch. I'll get back to you with details (if any) when I know whether it works or not.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
It still wouldn't progress to the main menu. Past experience says it might be trying to do an online check of some sort that comodo firewall eats, but I already set up an exception for krater, so I'm a bit baffled. I guess I'll try disabling the firewall for a few mins while the game loads and see if that fixes it tonight.

thormo

Educated
Can you post the crash log?

You can find it here: C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Roaming\Fatshark\KraterTest\console_logs

The AppData folder is hidden so you might want to turn on show hidden files. Should not be any problem with your firewall.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Will do when I get home. Although the game doesn't crash. It just hangs and never goes anywhere. the "..." after Loading continue to animate, I can enter/exit steam community and the music plays.

Lormus

Novice
I will post here some bugs I experienced:
-Game SOMETIMES crashes during loading screen, sometimes doesn't.
-Game SOMETIMES crashes when approaching random encounters.
-Game ALWAYS crashes when entering Varghaala or Ramona's Cottage.
-After a crash near Hesselby I restart game in Norrmalm but when exiting Norrmalm i find myself outside Hesselby.
-Pathfinding is still buggy, characters often get stuck with objects and some areas in dungeons cannot thus be reached.
-The last step of the "Gem" quest in Hesselby seems to be bugged. After killing a character in hesselby (whose name i cannot remember) the quest doesn't end.

Hope to be of any help

thormo

Educated
Thanks for the report!

We collect a lot of the feedback at forums.fatshark.se

Those Crashes are the same. It stems from the terrain undergrowth and it will be fixed for next week. Sorry for your troubles.

Sounds weird reagrding the pathfinding we have to look into that!

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
It runs fine on my laptop. (Well, fine is a relative term. My aging laptop is struggling to keep up with all those modern polygons). So I'm guessing it's a driver/hardware issue on my desktop that's keeping it from running. I recall my old sound blaster audigy causing Osmos to hang when loading the sound engine. I'll see if disabling that fixes things tomorrow.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
So, I decided to chack out how the beta's been going and I've been very suprised. The game is way more polished and good looking, with some nice dialog screens, great backgrounds on loading & title screens, much improved UI and very interesting new gameplay features I'm still exploring. Anyone who got the keys should give it a second look now.

j0vPV.jpg

thormo

Educated
Yeah,

We have added a lot of new stuff and polished the game obviously. We are right now doing a rerdesign of the level up system so you put in implnats and booster for your skills. You unlock the slots as you level.

We also have added the team management so you can switch team members for different tytpes of fights where ever you are.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
I'll update over the weekend and give it a shot then. :thumbsup:
I never got to play it originally since I had a weird bug that caused the game to freeze indefinately on the first loading screen.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom