Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KotOR goes gold

bossjimbob

Liturgist
From GameSpy Daily.

KOTOR Goes Gold - hardcore_pawn
LucasArts' highly anticipated RPG for Xbox -- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic -- has today gone Gold.

SAN RAFAEL, Calif. - July 9, 2003 - LucasArts today announced Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, a role playing game (RPG) for the Xbox( video game system from Microsoft) has gone gold and will be available at retail throughout the United States and Canada Wednesday, July 16.

One of this year's most eagerly anticipated titles, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic was recently named the number one game in Electronic Gaming Monthly's Top 20 Summer Games feature. In addition, Official Xbox Magazine called Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic an "instant classic," and the game received a perfect score in the forthcoming September issue of GMR.

LucasArts also announced that in Winter 2003 it expects to make available to Xbox Live subscribers downloadable content for Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic. Featured will be a variety of new weapons and other items to assist players on in-game quests.

Developed by BioWare, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic features an original story set some 4,000 years prior to the timeframe of the Star Wars films in an era dominated by an epic conflict between the Jedi and the evil Sith.

Anybody going to give this game a fair shot? Or will this degenerate into another mud slinging fest from the ranks of the grumpy old cynics?

bossjimbob

Liturgist
What? No console gamers here?

Do post your review for the PC version when it's out. I'm really curious to see how this game plays.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Console: Yes.

X-Box: No.

PS2: Yes.

I will wait to try it when it's on PC, AND under $50 Kanadian.

Astromarine

Erudite
PS2: Yes

Xbox: Yes

Gamecube: Yes

GBA: Yes

Will to play Kotor: No, not really. Not until I see some non-quotewhore reviews

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Psilon, so youa re doing what I am doing? :D

*mumble mumble* Kanadian dollar *mumble mumble*

Anonymous

bossjimbob said:
What? No console gamers here?

Do post your review for the PC version when it's out. I'm really curious to see how this game plays.

NWN+Lightsabers=KotOR

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom