Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware KOTOR 2 Restoration Project (not the Restored Content Mod)

Smarts

Scholar
He says EVERYTHING is shit.

Fat Dragon

Arbiter
He doesn't hate everything, he seems to enjoy half-assed military games like ArmA 2.

The leaked restoration mod wasn't that impressive imo. Enough to maybe warrant another playthrough of the game, but nothing really worth the amount of hype the TG dumbfucks have going for it.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Letum Fol said:
I'm sure somebody's already asked this, but i really can't look over 60 pages. How good is the leaked version? Anything essential? And on the flipside, anything gamebreaking?

More like a massive hype bubble with a few restored episodes that don't work that good together. You can do another playthrough with it, but you will be hardly surprised with anything. In fact TG even VO'd one of the characters and at the moment I've heard it I wished they commited a collective suicide. You will also ask a question "what? These dumbfucks needed 3+ years to do THIS? Next to nothing?"

Multi-headed Cow

Holy fucking shit a Deadlock avatar I gotta get me one o dem.

DangerousDan

Novice
The voice acting was truly atrocious. I'm not really sure what they're doing- anything that's needs to be said has been said before here. Worth a play, if only to see what exactly the changes are. KotOR2 needs a Drog really, all things considered.

MetalCraze

Arcane
True. I only like shooters like Fallout, Arcanum, Wizardry, PS:T etc. TroO RPGs like Ass Effect and The Twitcher aren't mah style

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
Ladies and Gentleman, I'm proud to present the ultimate lulz-gold topic ever seen on TSLRP:

http://forums.team-gizka.org/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5165

Everything you wanted to know about this project is here, some examples:
With the last build coming up and the testers very busy, I believe it may make sense for the team to expand the closed beta, for one last run.

Let me be clear - I don't even want to be on the team. I just think It might be expedient.
This is the post of a guy that has more then 2400 posts, symptoms of breaking down?
There are enough CBT's. Adding more won't speed up the process.
After the fiasco with the last "expansion" of the team and considering how far along they are already... never gonna happen.
The Team needs an actual team in my opinion, more than Beta Testers...
The team doesn't need anymore beta testers, what's the point of finding bugs faster if we still have just one person fixing them?
Excuse me for sounding stupid or curious,

Is there any way we can know the current progress? I have sorta been in the dark the past few weeks with the site moving at a standstill and the forums managing something like 5 posts a day.

Is it just me, or is this the worst its been?
Only Dashus knows.
As has been said, only Dashus knows for sure how far along the RP is. And he's said repeatedly that he does not need any more testers or modders. Unless he's specifically asked for someone, then he doesn't want/need any help.

Dash is just one guy. So yeah, I can see where having another modder would be helpful. But bringing that person up to speed takes time, time that Dash could use working on TSLRP. Again, if he felt he needed/wanted help, I think he'd be smart enough to ask for it.
OTOH, at least Dash has a life, unlike the sort of person whose major concern in life seems to be that a mod for a four-year-old game isn't coming out fast enough for their liking.
The security is because the team wants it to be done before it's released to the internet community, and there have already been several attempts have been made to steal the beta.
Honestly, it's mostly that they know perfectly well that no matter what is said, if they release it now the boards will be flooded with people demanding a solution to this bug and that, and the team isn't prepared to deal with this. The solution was simply to not go there. Even now, we get the occasional support question for the leaked beta that doesn't exist.
Team Gizka was a team of about 10 people, but nowadays, there's really only Dashus who's working on it. And considering there's about 10 bugs left fixing (majors) and only the HK-Factory needing optimization (which has always been assigned to Dashus anyway), it's not strange.
Point of clarification, no one has ever been banned for simply complaining... ever. Bans that rise from complaints are usually brought on by the way they complain, i.e. using offensive language, attacking members or moderators, posting in ways that violate the rules, etc. Complaining in and of itself is not a bannable offense.
"It's a LIE" comes to my mind.
Well...I guess I mean both outside and inside the Beta team. I don't think Dashus has posted since the April Fools incident on the public forums. I guess a better question would be, just how much contact does the beta team have with Dashus at this moment?
Read it all, not enough Facepalms to cover all this.

MetalCraze said:
True. I only like shooters like Fallout, Arcanum, Wizardry, PS:T etc. TroO RPGs like Ass Effect and The Twitcher aren't mah style

Love how he puts the 'etc' in there, as though there are other RPGs he acknowledges liking. Hell - I didn't even think he liked PS:T - every post he's made on PS:T has been to bash some aspect of it.

Kane

I have many names
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Codex, the near future. Every thread ends up bitching about Skyways bitching. A new law is created: "The use of the word 'Skyway' ends any discussion." Soon the internets adopts it, and when it finally hits 4chan it emerges as new glorious internet meme. Pictures are created, the term 'u r a skyway!!!!' is hype on the schoolyards of this world. "You sir, are a Skyway" is a sure discussion-ender. North-Korea calls America a 'fucking Skyway' after the US complained over north-korean Abomb-test..again. Fallout takes place.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom