Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review KOTOR 2 gets a Game Arena blowjob

Spazmo

Erudite
What annoys me is that compared to my PC, my party members suck, which makes the sequences where I don't get my PC really fucking annoying.

Fez

Erudite
See? It's a feature, not a bug. Count yourselves lucky they went out of their way to give you that one, selflessly adding value to your game.

NeverwinterKnight

Liturgist
Otaku_Hanzo said:
Yeah, I pretty much Force Storm'ed my way through the last half of the game with ease. Behold the power of cheese.

it would have been more challenging if your enemies actually used their force powers more often.

i could see the game being more difficult if sion, nihilus or traya actually used force storm or force choke, doing the same kind of damage to you as you can do to them. sure the fights would be short, but it would be much more of a challenge to stay alive.

Otaku_Hanzo

Erudite
Spazmo said:
What annoys me is that compared to my PC, my party members suck, which makes the sequences where I don't get my PC really fucking annoying.

I never really had a problem with that except for the first time it ever happened on Dxun with the temple mission. I had three ranged/demolition commandos against Sith Lords and Dark Jedi. Needless to say, they didn't last long. :P So, I just reloaded a previous save and geared everyone up better. Also, the fact that I hadn't been auto-levelling helped alot too. Auto-level sucks.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"I had three ranged/demolition commandos against Sith Lords and Dark Jedi."

Heh. I did the same as you. However, I didn't pussy out. :lol: It just took some medpaks and an extra reload or two.

The stupid thing about the game is I relaoded twice as myc aharcetr because of stupid laziness on my part (and none once I got a lightsbare) and about 5 times when being forced to control other characters.

The. Logic. Here. Is. All. Wrong.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
I did the same thing, but I didn't have to reload. I did run Mandalore around like a bitch at the very end fight, though.. Run around in circles forever, while Atton would get up occationally and start shooting them until they went and killed him AGAIN.

It's kind of funny, though. I wonder how many people assumed they wouldn't actually have to go through some bullshit like that, so they put all their FIGHTING JEDI on the planet team and put all the weak blaster people on the temple team, only to be shocked at having to fight hordes of dark jedi.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Heh. You used the same Atton trick I did in that battle. <> Talk about cheesy.

Otaku_Hanzo

Erudite
Saint_Proverbius said:
I did the same thing, but I didn't have to reload. I did run Mandalore around like a bitch at the very end fight, though.. Run around in circles forever, while Atton would get up occationally and start shooting them until they went and killed him AGAIN.

I managed to work my way into the final chamber, but by then I was out of energy shields and medpaks. Problem is, Atton wasn't in my initial team or else I could have cheesed with him like that. :P While I love the character, Bao-Dur is pretty much useless in combat. Were it not for Mandalore and T3, I probably would not have made it as far as I did. And, yes, I use T3. The little guy fucking rocks once you've gotten all his upgrades. Wow.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
I love T3 in KOTOR2. Way better than he was in part 1.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Volourn said:
Heh. You used the same Atton trick I did in that battle. <> Talk about cheesy.

I honestly think that's the only way to really win that with all blastery guys. If it's one thing the derk jedi can do in combat to really friggin' annoy you, it's block blaster shots.

AlanC9

Liturgist
Otaku_Hanzo said:
While I love the character, Bao-Dur is pretty much useless in combat.

I found that Bao-Dur can do pretty good damage in unarmed combat. Not on Handmaiden's level, but not bad.

Otaku_Hanzo

Erudite
AlanC9 said:
I found that Bao-Dur can do pretty good damage in unarmed combat. Not on Handmaiden's level, but not bad.

What kills him though is the lack of being able to wear heavy armor. His dexterity so screams "Put me in heavy armor!", yet he can't have the feat at all. In the later stages of the game he just can't soak up the damage even with stimpaks and such. I usually give him a rifle of some sort and use him as a grenadier.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom