Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress KOTC Ultimate Ironman challenge stream.

Waterd

Augur
http://www.heroicfantasygames.com/Forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=419&p=3748#p3748

Copy paste from there:

After Kotc I just can't enjoy other CRPG and I want to play one so I come back to KOTC while i wait for chaos chronicle and KOTC2.
I will try a new challenge which is the following, if someone else tries I'm interested to read logs to compare what or how we did things.
Notice that I think the previous challenge is interesting even for someone that doesn't know the game, and I still suggest to try it even with low knowledge of the game. This one though is intended for someone like me that went from start to finish the game at least once as it contains some spoilers. Here is a link to the previous one: http://www.heroicfantasygames.com/Forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=334#p3488.

-Ironman mode
-Char creation: No Reroll but allowed to cancel to go back and change other things. Chars should be rerolled if they have 73 points or less before the last reroll or 85+ after the final reroll.
-Only 1 Cleric.
-1 Use per campfire
-No Crafting Whatsoever. (So no share spells)
-Default Gameplay based settings (except, no world encounters or monster respawn.)
-NPC clerics healing can only be used on Chars with permanent negative effects.
-Can only buy 1 scroll of each infinite stack NPC clerics have (if 1 of those scrolls is bought, we have to buy 1 scroll of each infinite statck of that NPC cleric) from the following spells:
Cure light wounds, Cure moderate wounds, Cure Serious wounds.
-Can't sell non-gem and non-magical items.
-Dialogue wise, always choose the options that lead to more and harder fights. Following are some examples:
Spider cave: Attack the bear, Fight Spiders and skeletons together, Do not destroy the eggs that are hatching.
Orc Stockade: Frontal attack the fortress, Believe the leaders in any proposal they make to you, Leave the fortress through the ambush and do not use passwords on the troll.
Council of the Slaver lords: With the commander of guards
Frozen hill: Set off the alarm.

I will try it and report my experience.

I will stream myself doing this and save the streams, just as an experiment I do not know how it will work out. http://es.twitch.tv/waterd103

In 10 minute I will start streaming my run on the channel, In case you want to look, I will leave the recording saved, if you want to see it on the future, with the advantage you can jump to any part you are interested to see.

If I lose early on, I will restart, but if I lose later on, I will probably start again another day. Of course this is not gonna be a one sitting run.

TOME

Cuckmaster General
I followed it a bit yesterday but it kind of missed a commentary. But then again I didn't have sounds so...

Waterd

Augur
It's not really a LP. It's just a stream of me doing this run. The reason is that some people asked me how i do some fights, and other people claimed that ironman without even the restrictions is too hard. Ive already completed it once with no restrictions and once with some restrictions.
So this is kind of to show that even with all these restrictions, the game is interesting fun, and possible. And that in fact my fails are because i do not play that well. (in fact I think with these restrictions the game is more interesting and fun that without them)

But I think the most usefull part of it is that once I finished the stream you can go to the videos saved and jump to any fight you are interested, to see how I've dealt with it.

Again, it's not really an LP.

Another interesting part is that I can get feedback on how to improve. notice for example i find the first fight extremly hard with 2 wizards. So I'm very interested on hearing how i could increase my chances.

Have in mind I'm trying the run, regardless of if I stream or not, I do it for fun. I just thought that there may be some benefit if I stream it too.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom