Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Knight's Path: The Tournament - Medieval RPG with challenging action combat (medieval RPG Sekiro)

Spike

Educated

Hello Codex. Discovered this from a Click4Gameplay video, that valiant youtube slav. Mix of Gothic + Sekiro. There is a 2-3 hour prologue of sorts to get a taste of combat. The full game is in development and is going to be an "open world medieval RPG" with "challenging combat" and "an immersive progression system". I guess this prologue has a little story too. I have not had a chance to play it but looks neat and I am looking forward to getting a moment maybe this weekend to do so. Maybe another fitting combination would be "Kingdom Come + Sekiro"...

Last edited by a moderator:

SpaceWizardz

Liturgist
The video in question:

Remarkable level of polish for what looks like a vertical slice, hope they find a publisher.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Looks relatively polished for indie work. I personally wish the movesets were more realistic instead of big anime swings, but whatev.

Something to keep an eye on.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
damn kingdom come with good combat is real??
Knight's Path: The Tournament is a short (2-3 hour long) medieval RPG featuring challenging combat, an immersive progression system, and a nice little story. It serves both as an announcement and a teaser for the forthcoming open-world RPG Knight's Path, which is currently in active development.

They have no steam page for the actual game.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
looks good fr, but those anime swings on realistic armor, weapons and architecture is a bit off putting. but i genuinely wishing the devs best of luck.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Tried the demo, looks pretty cool. Everything's very basic of course, but the fundamentals seems solid.

Agreed that I dislike the big anime moves, especially since everything else is set up to be a gritty, realistic medieval setting. But I'm sure the anime moves are there for readiblity. It's harder to implement HEMA-style stuff in a more arcade-y game like this. And also probably to draw in the Dark Souls fanbase.

I hope the voice acting is a placeholder right now. Sounds like AI or really machine-like.

Also it seems like it might be really short? Not sure how big the scope of the game is.

Last edited:

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Tried the demo, looks pretty cool. Everything's very basic of course, but the fundamentals seems solid.

Agreed that I dislike the big anime moves, especially since everything else is set up to be a gritty, realistic medieval setting. But I'm sure the anime moves are there for readiblity. It's harder to implement HEMA-style stuff in a more arcade-y game like this. And also probably to draw in the Dark Souls fanbase.

I hope the voice acting is a placeholder right now. Sounds like AI or really machine-like.

Also it seems like it might be really short? Not sure how big the scope of the game is.
It was just a teaser ... probably to get some real feedback before starting development.

The thing is: that combat + Gothic quests = huge potential.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Maybe having more ornate armor doesn't provide any practical combat benefits, but allows you to woo the wenches more effectively?

:philosoraptor:

Lol unlikely, probably stat-based linear progression if the demo is anything to go by.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
Maybe having more ornate armor doesn't provide any practical combat benefits, but allows you to woo the wenches more effectively?

:philosoraptor:

Lol unlikely, probably stat-based linear progression if the demo is anything to go by.
just like with hitting the gym, you are more likely to woo some dudes

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Kingdom Come's lill bro is growing into fine game

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom