Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Knights of the Nine

Lord Chambers

Erudite
Admiral jimbob said:
Khajiit Overlord Rainer said:
Xaana: The Interface works fine, Frankie. Any "flaws" are just little things that, to you, seem to make or break a game.
Arrgh, he's still doing the stupid Xaana thing. Aaaargh.
I don't get it. Is he speaking as the character Xaana? Who is Xaana? How does typing a name and a colon enhance or change a post to be roleplaying...

Lord Chambers: Even for idiots?

Lumpy

Arcane
Novourl: You LIE! That is role playing, moron. R00fles.
Is this role-playing? I choose a personality for my character, I choose to act like an idiot, and the consequence is that I get the Dumbfuck title.

ixg

Erudite
Mechanic: Somebody set up us the bomb.

Ixg: Gasp!

Wow, I feel the Role Playing.

OccupatedVoid

Arbiter
Inziladun said:
Lord Chambers said:
I don't get it. Is he speaking as the character Xaana? Who is Xaana? How does typing a name and a colon enhance or change a post to be roleplaying...

This is Xaana; no joke. I'll let you figure out the rest.

Interracial...A FUCKING CAT AND A LIZARD?! :shock: :shock:

Nael

Arcane
I just figured that idiot was trying to copy Rosenphelia/Godot. It wouldn't have been the first time on TESF :roll:

Nog Robbin

Scholar
Nael said:
I just figured that idiot was trying to copy Rosenphelia/Godot. It wouldn't have been the first time on TESF :roll:

Nope. Years ago there was some dork who always spoke in third person - and others copied that too. Dumb.

Shoelip

Arbiter
I saw a guy on one forum who always spoke as a collective of undead soldiers, which basicly amounted to using "we" instead of "I" and such.

don_tomaso

Liturgist
Nog Robbin said:
Nael said:

Nope. Years ago there was some dork who always spoke in third person - and others copied that too. Dumb.

haha yeah I remember that, he thought he was a kajhiit.. damn, look what bethesda are doing to kids today, making them think they are giant catpeople.. someone should sue them

OccupatedVoid

Arbiter
Admiral jimbob said:
When I questioned Rainer's style, someone replied "well, this is a forum for a series of very deep role-playing games....".
So, clearly, THIS forum is NOT. Fucking FPS kiddies you all be.
roflcopter.gif

ixg

Erudite
Admiral jimbob said:
When I questioned Rainer's style, someone replied "well, this is a forum for a series of very deep role-playing games....".
So, clearly, THIS forum is NOT. Fucking FPS kiddies you all be.

See? I told you it was rulplayin

Ahzaruuk

Arbiter
don_tomaso said:
Nog Robbin said:
Nael said:

haha yeah I remember that, he thought he was a kajhiit.. damn, look what bethesda are doing to kids today, making them think they are giant catpeople.. someone should sue them
Excuse me!

I know very well I'm not a Khajiit. It's just for shits and giggles ;)

dongle

Scholar
ixg said:
That GIF is awesome.
How lame is it to be posting your ASCII art as a .gif though? What the hell, can't kids these days cut-and-paste text anymore?

Monica21

Scholar
Nog Robbin said:
Funny thing is Freddo (moderator) stated that Tirbunal didn't add landmass (as a means of saying adding landmass for an expansion isn't required). Well, I'm pretty certain it did - albet in an seperate internal cell. Mournhold wasn't available in MW as it shipped - but the Tribunal expansion gave the city of Mournhold and associated buildings. I think that would count as new landmass - even if it doesn't show on the map. It wasn't just a single castle for the players to own - it was the whole city.
Uh, Freddo's right. Mournhold is not a new landmass and an interior cell does not count as a landmass. When you look at your world map when you're in Mournhold, it shows that you're still in Ebonheart. A new landmass is an actual island, not some wonky place that you can only get to by teleporting.

suibhne

Erudite
Oh c'mon, Monica - that's the silliest sort of sophistry. Yes, Tribunal didn't add "landmass" in the technical editor sense, but put it in context... Twinfalls noted that Knights of Ni didn't appear to be adding any new area, and Nog mentioned Freddo's assertion: "OMG LOOK AT TRIBUNAL an expansion doesn't have to add landmass". Twinfalls, Nog, and I were all pointing out that Tribunal added a helluva lot of area, or "landmass" in a non-technical (like, English language) sense; Nog was even clear enough to point out that it was in an internal cell.

Of course, the bottom line is that Ni isn't an expansion anyway - it's just "new content". So the original debate is moot.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom