Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Knights of the Chalice 2 Thread - Augury of Chaos

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Open world without a map is taking me back to Atari Adventure days.

Desiderius

Patron
I’m almost to lvl five and have heard no mention of that Keep. Is it in Elven lands?
When you were on the map with the tavern (the mission looking for information), there is a transition on the west side of the screen that will take you to Edinmoor. Following the dirt road south will lead to the Keep.
Nope, only thing there is a hole to Dwarf lands and the exit to the north from which we came in. There's a dwarf before that who is asking for something I don't have and an impassible path in the mountains above him. I have the grappling hook but no use for it yet. Dwarf hole goes to dwarf town and there's an orc town and locked door (Rogue can't pick) west of that. Kind of stuck that direction other than underground stuff.

Dorateen

Arcane
When you were on the map with the tavern (the mission looking for information), there is a transition on the west side of the screen that will take you to Edinmoor. Following the dirt road south will lead to the Keep.
Nope, only thing there is a hole to Dwarf lands and the exit to the north from which we came in.
I'm wondering, which version of the module are you playing? Edinmoor was added in September of 2022. The current module file on the nexus page has Edinmoor and all the most recent content.

Desiderius

Patron
Nexus?

Why are you using that?

Neither Vortex nor Nexus know the game exists.

Where is version number listed?

Desiderius

Patron
It comes with the base game.

Can you not get Pierre to update that himself for you? Would benefit you both.

If it's on Nexus it doesn't show up when you search for the game. Not sure how people are supposed to find it.

Dorateen

Arcane

If it's on Nexus it doesn't show up when you search for the game. Not sure how people are supposed to find it.
I post regular updates in this thread. This is the link to the Nexus page:

https://www.nexusmods.com/knightsofthechalice2/mods/5

I had no idea Piere is bundling the module with his releases, I will check with him to make sure it is upadated accordingly.

Desiderius

Patron
Vek the PF modder got in a fight with Nexus over something and apprently a lot of GitHub modders left. I haven't been using it lately as it's gotten a lot more opaque (like not being able to find KotC2 or Hearkenworld).

Desiderius

Patron
If you are planning to add an earlier forge option and/or a beginning Club/Staff pls let me know so I can put this playthrough on hold.

Desiderius

Patron
Got the newest version running. Can’t wait to try it.

Dorateen

Arcane
Desiderius

I just uploaded the newest version of the module 1.68 available to download here:

Hearkenwold

If you replace the module you have with this uncompressed Hearkenwold folder, you can continue with your existing saved game. The new changes will take effect.

There is now a club and a quarterstaff in the stash at the Castle
The blacksmith you can find now allows the forge and enchant functions

Thanks again for playing!

rojay

Scholar

I post regular updates in this thread. This is the link to the Nexus page:

https://www.nexusmods.com/knightsofthechalice2/mods/5

I had no idea Pierre is bundling the module with his releases, I will check with him to make sure it is upadated accordingly.
I completely forgot that I wanted to ask you about this. Is it actually bundled with the game now?

Dorateen

Arcane

I had no idea Pierre is bundling the module with his releases, I will check with him to make sure it is upadated accordingly.
I completely forgot that I wanted to ask you about this. Is it actually bundled with the game now?
I'm not sure, I had never considered the possibility. I will email Pierre and ask him if that is the case, and if so, ask to include the most updated version.

Desiderius

Patron
I could just be forgetting downloading your mod in the first place, but then I again don’t know where I would have gotten it.

rojay

Scholar

I'm not sure, I had never considered the possibility. I will email Pierre and ask him if that is the case, and if so, ask to include the most updated version.
Enquire about his offer to share the revenue from people who would create new adventures. I know you didn't make it with the idea you'd make money, but for people going forward it might be worth addressing with him if it's true. Would be helpful for Pierre, too, I suspect.

Desiderius

Patron
So, uh,

Is there an obvious way to lift the curse on Witchlight that I'm missing? Also (maybe related) is there a nearby place the Troll King Trolls are hiding?

Cleared two big dungeons with temples that I thought would do it but no dice yet. Seems like all the people wanting to trade once the curse is lifted suggests I should have already.

Desiderius

Patron
Weird bug:

Pal died and I rezzed her at castle crystal, but now she doesn't show up on formation screen which hangs when I bring it up.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Lifting the curse on Witchlight comes fairly late and you need to have a cleric to do it.

You should encounter the Troll King's trolls eventually. I couldn't really do anything about them though, so I wonder how that quest can be resolved, if it even can :M

Dorateen

Arcane
So, uh,

Is there an obvious way to lift the curse on Witchlight that I'm missing? Also (maybe related) is there a nearby place the Troll King Trolls are hiding?

Cleared two big dungeons with temples that I thought would do it but no dice yet. Seems like all the people wanting to trade once the curse is lifted suggests I should have already.
As Roxor mentioned above, the resolution to the village comes later and is part of a class specific mission.

There are two resolutions to the Troll King's missing fugatives.

One involves answering a riddle or you can fight them both when you encounter them. But this fight has to be triggered by doing something in the desert.

I have never seen that resurrection bug before, usually the dead character comes sliding back on screen after being healed. In the formation screen, trying moving the tokens around, I think sometimes they get jumbled together and another character token might be covering your paladin's token. Also, you could try switching to sprites (press alt-T) just to see if that clears any glitch, and then switch back.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom