Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Knights of the Chalice 2 Thread - Augury of Chaos

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Do you have a Gladiator in your party? Who are your frontliners? Do you use Grease? With some positioning you can beat enemies who are 5 levels higher than you

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Do you have a Gladiator in your party? Who are your frontliners? Do you use Grease? With some positioning you can beat enemies who are 5 levels higher than you
They caught me with my spells down from getting the instruments back.

Bard, Pal, and Mysticism Bishop can buff everybody up and White Wizard casts high DC Grease. HG Ranger and Elf Swashbuckler Feint Rogue can probably handle them with help from Augmented Elementals if I reload and save spells, but will save for lvl3 instead. Lvl2 vs lvl7 group is meh.

Dorateen

Arcane
Welp, my lvl 2 party got ganked by the lvl7 Hellhounds on the way back from fighting the instrument thieves.

Dorateen, is this intended as a simple reload and come back or am I missing something?
Level two seems low to be in that area, but of course there is nothing stopping such characters from going there early. I would say at third level or higher the hell hounds would be a good challenge. So best to come back a little stronger.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
You can return from the instrument thief area without triggering the hellhounds if you stick tightly to the left border of the map iirc. I know it's possible because the same thing happened to me.

Desiderius

Patron
Welp, my lvl 2 party got ganked by the lvl7 Hellhounds on the way back from fighting the instrument thieves.

Dorateen, is this intended as a simple reload and come back or am I missing something?
Level two seems low to be in that area, but of course there is nothing stopping such characters from going there early. I would say at third level or higher the hell hounds would be a good challenge. So best to come back a little stronger.
I got vectored there so feels like a gotcha, which is fine just making sure I hadn’t missed something. Wanted to find instrument somewhere to turn on Story Teller for Bard (and obv bonuses).

Serus

Arcane
Patron
Dorateen can you remake your campaign in Skyrim engine, please?

Seriously though, I hoped that Gandalf will make the first fully made in KotC2 engine, campaign module*. It won't happen, which is a shame. I don't have anything against the author, doing something as large as a KOTC2 full module requires a lot of time. Also being crazy. However I still hope for some crazy people with too much time. Anyone? When I think of some shitty games with shitty engines that get hundreds of mods, full conversions or new campaigns I get angry and sad. I could muster the time but I'm only slightly crazy not batshit insane, too lazy and I only like to play in D&D-like games - I don't want to make anything D&D-like.

*No disrespect Dorateen, you are the the man but your module is, how to say it, multiplatform.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Two gladiators with Greater Trip and reach weapons. You will be in disbelief once you try this.

Serus

Arcane
Patron
It won't happen, which is a shame.
Hmmm, oh yes, it is some kind of possibility, but the other possibility is that the new content will show up before the end of 2024!
Really? Good news. I though you said it's over and you won't work on it anymore, 100% certain. My bad, I'm sorry. Still, you are to be congratulated either way for making something which is more than i can say about myself.

Desiderius

Patron
On Hearkenworld:

Is there a trick to unlocking the World Map? So far it's inaccessible.

Journal isn't updating. I'm getting new quests, but just the main quest (4 total so far, with going to Kelton the latest) and those don't close out when completed.

Speaking of which, what's the name of the Order of Zephyrs guy you meet in Khyn? Is he my sponsor? That would be handy info to have in the Journal.

Dorateen

Arcane
On Hearkenworld:

Is there a trick to unlocking the World Map? So far it's inaccessible.

Journal isn't updating. I'm getting new quests, but just the main quest (4 total so far, with going to Kelton the latest) and those don't close out when completed.

Speaking of which, what's the name of the Order of Zephyrs guy you meet in Khyn? Is he my sponsor? That would be handy info to have in the Journal.
The world map is not something that can be pulled up in game. However, as a reference this is how the maps link together:

JwqtvlX.jpg

I only use the journal for the main quests. This module is designed like games from the early nineties, especially the Gold Box games, where it was expected the player might have to write things down.

The sponsor for the Zephyrs is

Callistar Thul. You can type in either first or last name, or the entire name.

There are two references in the game, including a book, that list all the names of the sponsors. So this information could be obtained through further exploration.

Desiderius

Patron
So, uh, does the module have any Clubs or Quarterstaves?

Desiderius

Patron
Dwarven Druid wants to get his Shillelagh on!

Any chance to add one to initial stash? Wizards like to pretend they can use one too.

Desiderius

Patron
Are there any?

Haven't found any yet (merchants with Forge function available)

Desiderius

Patron
Wouldn't be a bad idea to add that functionality to the Blacksmith as a reward for tracking him down.

Any earlyish forge facilitates different playstyles without being unbalanced.

Dorateen

Arcane
Wouldn't be a bad idea to add that functionality to the Blacksmith as a reward for tracking him down.
That's a good idea. If I change the blacksmith's character class it should allow the function.

I just tested with the cleric in Edinmoor, and you can make a standard Club or Quarterstaff for 1 gold. There are ingots at the Keep, too. In a way, this is kind of neat. If a player is looking to make a weapon that had not otherwise been available, this gives them a reason to travel to Edinmoor Keep irrespective of any story or plot reasons. In other words, the player provides their own motivation.

Desiderius

Patron
I’m almost to lvl five and have heard no mention of that Keep. Is it in Elven lands?

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Pierre needs to make modules which are not mindless gauntlets, but something more standardly open like Castle Hearkenwold

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom