Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Knights of the Chalice 2 Thread - Augury of Chaos

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Anyone know how to return unique class powers (such as domain powers or Death Knights touch) to quickbar once you have removed them?

For example when I use Turn Undead from the left drop down menu, it DOES go back to the quickbar

But domain powers DO NOT EXIST in the left drop down menu, therefore I am stumped on how to add them to quickbar again

Mauman

Learned
Mauman

I also prefer Paladin over Champion. As long as you have one of them in the party, you can join the associtated guild. The spread of classes is so large in KotC2 (22 classes!) that it is very likely a player would have each guild covered. An exception would be for example is you did not take either Paladin or Champion, or if you did not take a Cleric or Bishop, or a Rogue or Bard, etc.

Search is used in the module. A character who has that skill will get the opportunity to notice things in conversations, here and there. I would not say it is super important.
Thanks for the reply. That answers my questions.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Pierre wouldn't be able to milk even real cow, he would probably try to negotiate for roots with her instead.

Serus

Arcane
Patron
Is this game a complete product yet or is it still in development, getting milked with DLCs etc?
It de facto is. There are 2 more campaigns planned/worked on, but those look more like sequels to me. In fact I think Pierre would be better financially selling them as KotC3 and KotC4, they will contain new stuff anyway. If you are not sure if you can safely play KotC2 now - you certainly can.

Serus

Arcane
Patron
Is this game a complete product yet or is it still in development, getting milked with DLCs etc?
You can't milk if you're unable to produce DLCs
To be fair, I am thankful that Pierre is above such things as mere financial profits and making DLCs. It adds to the old school vibe - in a good way. After all there wasn't such things as DLCs in the past. I, for once, miss those times. Especially when I look at Paradox's games steam pages, lol. Imagine KotC2 with 2/3 of the classes behind DLCs. Or a series of DLCs called: "Better AI for <name of monster>", lol.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath

This latest campaign is full package level 1 to the end

he is making 3 more campaign in the same engine but those 3 will be 1 - 20 in total

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
You can't milk if you're unable to produce DLCs
To be fair, I am thankful that Pierre is above such things as mere financial profits and making DLCs. It adds to the old school vibe - in a good way. After all there wasn't such things as DLCs in the past. I, for once, miss those times. Especially when I look at Paradox's games steam pages, lol. Imagine KotC2 with 2/3 of the classes behind DLCs. Or a series of DLCs called: "Better AI for <name of monster>", lol.
You think the guy who wrote a book on libertarian economics and who didn't want to put games on Steam because he didn't want to give them a cut, so just buy it from my website so I can get 100% of it is "above mere financial profits"? :lol:

Not just like... bright and talented, but so autistic he can't see the forest for the trees and makes terrible business decisions?

Mauman

Learned
Is ToEE still better than this?
Always was
Maybe with the Co8 patch. Without that, no way.

After all of the dlcs are out, probably not.

edit - Dorateen Maybe add monk to the Paladin/Champion guild list if it feels too exclusive? I feel like I've seen those classes lumped together before. Can't remember where I saw it though. At the very least, Monks do fit the "warrior from some sort of order" vibe that Paladin and Champion have.

Last edited:

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Samurai also has Word of Honor so it would be the natural fit.

Mauman

Learned
I must have mentally blocked out how bad the summon A.I. is in this game.

It's great when Mr. Aberration decides to use his six attacks, but instead he usually decides to grapple a near death opponent or (even better) decides to slide a dangerous enemy next to my wizard.

jungl

Augur
Did Pierre nerf the psion and casters yet? I enjoy my rpgs when all the classes have strengths but suck across the board. The less the player wins classes in a game the better last thing I want to do is play something reminiscent of tabletop like BG3 where everybody gives themselves a huge bullshit advantage

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
I must have mentally blocked out how bad the summon A.I. is in this game.

It's great when Mr. Aberration decides to use his six attacks, but instead he usually decides to grapple a near death opponent or (even better) decides to slide a dangerous enemy next to my wizard.
Maybe he's being passive aggressive because he's pissed that you've brought him into combat when he had been at the tentacle bar having beers and chatting up all the Ms. Tentacles in the house.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom