Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Knights of the Chalice 2 Thread - Augury of Chaos

Darth Canoli

Arcane
Some other martial classes works perfectly with 2H weapons like the Death Knight or the Barbarian.
Full Skewer damage builds, to rip into shreds demons in a single blow or two at most.

Other dual-wielder can do with one skewer weapon + one dispel weapon and you get a bunch of these, no need to craft unless you want some specific enchantments along with dispel.

Only a mantis requires 2-3 crafted weapons but you'll forge them through the whole game, not all at once.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Some other martial classes works perfectly with 2H weapons like the Death Knight or the Barbarian.
Full Skewer damage builds, to rip into shreds demons in a single blow or two at most.

Other dual-wielder can do with one skewer weapon + one dispel weapon and you get a bunch of these, no need to craft unless you want some specific enchantments along with dispel.

Only a mantis requires 2-3 crafted weapons but you'll forge them through the whole game, not all at once.

Right, and I'm saying you can use the crafted Reach for crowds and swap out a found two-hander for single-targets. Same principle.

You can, because I'm swapping out my Sam for a Champion grappler anyway, which I'll trade in for the Succubus. At least that the plan. As you say early game is easy enough played well that it's overkill, but there is a lot going on there.

Serus

Arcane
Patron
How you "fuck up" Samurai build? Samurai already starts with whirlwind so this is just fast whirlwind + samurai style reach = 2 feats. Is, according to you, samurai a feat starved class and this is about full Archmage (1 feat per 3 level)? Because otherwise i don't see the problem? Not saying that you are wrong just trying to understand. If not feats that leaves the weapon issue, making two weapons for one character is not economic, you are probably right here.

Both.
With the original rules (Archmage) you only get 10 feats + starting ones depending on your race.
It's just enough for an attack/crit focused samourai + saving throws feats.
Arguably, you don't need more crit chances but you really do, because even with skewer, the toughest enemies have high AC and getting a roll > AC +5 isn't a given.

Gold and crystals are also an issue.

Now, if you play on baby mode, sure, what the hell, pick all the feats, max attributes, reduced enemy levels, reduced enemy ini.
Well, you don't even have to plan your build, now, do you?
You do, know that there is something more than just Archmage and "baby mode"? Right? Something that doesn't include "all feats, max attributes, etc...". Hell, people here - including you iirc, talked about playing Archmage with 1 feat per 2 levels as balanced.

Can i ask a personal question? The way you react to some posts lately (not just mine) seems very irrational to me.
So the question is:
Are you a woman having a period?

Desiderius

Patron
Yeah I'm too old to play Archmage. Enchanter is about right for now, but you still get a sense of what would be viable on higher difficulties and what's barely good enough.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
So far so much easier the second time. Also my new team kick ass. This Samurai is hitting stuff for 30+ in the starter village. None of my last guys could do that.

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
For mantis monk finesse weapons are probably better than bare fists (at least mid-late game)? Also I read somewhere that high level monk fist dmg is bugged did that get fixed?

Desiderius

Patron
For mantis monk finesse weapons are probably better than bare fists (at least mid-late game)? Also I read somewhere that high level monk fist dmg is bugged did that get fixed?

There’s no DEX to damage and you get WIS to AC so I wouldn’t worry much about DEX at all. Just enough to get two-weapon.

Desiderius

Patron
That’s DEX to hit, not damage unless I’m mistaken. Only class that wants Finesse is (maybe) Rogue since it has Sneaks.

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
eni97Td.jpg

That was easy.

Desiderius

Patron
Playing my first Kobold Wiz and that little bugger does some decent damage in melee!

Darth Canoli

Arcane
Anyone remember what order your party gotta be in to get bonuses from pool?

In the order you add them in your party from character creation screen:

1. Fortitude
  2. Reflex
  3. STR
  4. DEX
  5. CON
  6. Will

Then, I think companion bonus are fixed, Jorad gets STR, water druid and his pal saving throws.

Also, Black mage gets +1 CON from the crones' pool.

Lios

Cipher
Bishops Domain: POWER METAL

My0zNjM2LmpwZWc.jpeg

So far my party wrecks shit. Just found the sharkman's secret stash in Chapter 3. Had to use earthquake acorns and Spider Bro to get over that Pizarra fight fast.
Chapter 3 has some amazing fights but I can feel the fatigue from the "GOTCHA!" moments slowly building.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom