Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Knights of the Chalice 2 Thread - Augury of Chaos

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
Let him dwell in his cave. KoTC2 seems to be coming along nicely. The campaign editor and tools for module creation look impressive.

pakoito

Arcane
Patron
Wait, KoTC2 is not on hold anymore? I've been told lies for months. Awesome to know, but I expect D:OS to be on par or better. And releasing this decade.

Also, can anyone please please PLEASE forward his email to one of the tens of people in tigsource or /r/gamedev or /r/playmygame or even here that would do the PR work for him. Heck, even some companies like Devolver Digital, Chucklefish or any other of the self-promoters would probably do it for peanuts.

pakoito

Arcane
Patron
Not everything is about money. You people are weird.
I'm lucky I enjoy my current job, but there's a correlation between money, work and hunger where people has to choose the ones that are not hunger.

Maybe Pierre has a main source of income and can pet project this into Singularity or Rapture (like Illwinter or that Cube World guy...), otherwise yes, it's about money.

80Maxwell08

Arcane
But Pierre wants money. That's why he made Battle of the Sands and refused to have KotC put on GOG instead of BotS because he thought BotS would sell more.

asper

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Amidst all this Pierre hate, let's not forget that KotC is one of the best D&D games ever made. The wonderful flow of party combat it presented is still amazing, amidst all this RPG drought.

It doesn't surprise me the creator may have some weird opinions. A lot of creative prople have those, somehow more-so when it comes to creators of great cRPG's. We should know that, with all the Cleve love going around here.

Mortmal

Arcane
Yes but those lunatics arent producing much, knight of the chalice was launched in 2008 . 2014 KOTC2 might still be vaporware. Salvation will come from kickstarter , theres lot more to show on serpent in the staglands.

Scroo

Female Quota Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex 2014 Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Yes but those lunatics arent producing much, knight of the chalice was launched in 2008 . 2014 KOTC2 might still be vaporware. Salvation will come from kickstarter , theres lot more to show on serpent in the staglands.

True. But I need to cling to that hope, KotC was just too good to not get a well designed sequel (which is about a 50 % chance, considering his two games so far).

Mortmal

Arcane
Clinging to an hope is not healthyfor the mind ... I was dreaming to ride a turttle again, something i havent done since ultima 7 part 2, i am still watching int he horizon, no turtle in the sea... Maybe in may maybe ill finally ride the turtle...Waiting for kotc 2 is like waiting for grimoire now.

hydd

Fuck this loser.
c9a.png

Grimlorn

Arcane
Surprised he tried the GOG thing. I'm guessing he didn't put any effort into it and that's why it fell through. If he doesn't understand why they declined after expressing interest earlier, it's obvious he didn't make enough effort.

Here's hoping KotC 2 is good.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Riding the turtle? More like riding the snake by that loser Pierre Dsoncy and loons mentioning word "Kickstarter".
Srsly you want to give moniez to guy who leaved opportunity to get cash other than beggary, like... selling his games on Steam, Gog?

Anyway, he propably won't sell much considering the fact that his game looks like every pixelated 2d indie game from Greenlight and asking for "sell point" may be difficult in modern gaming customers.

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
.. actually KoTC2 is looking like what could be a faithful representation of tabletop D&D. If you have access to his updates, everything seems to be there to (re)create whatever module you want (using freely available rules).

Pantalones

Prospernaut
Forgive my necro of two months good sirs, I know some people will be irrationally angry.

I just wanted to say I played this game a few months ago and it was great.

After all the pages of this thread I think I'm going to change my feelings from "Man, I didn't like KoTC that much, I regret buying it at its overly inflated price" to "I regret buying it because it means supporting a creator who's kind of a egoistic doofus who really should starve for his stupidity"

I would not go that far, though the rtwp strategy game squarely pegs him as delusional. It was well worth 29 bucks, but it's a delusional price for an indie game. He should get it into steam or one of those knockoffs of steam at a lower price, or better yet make a kickstarter! Then he might recoup some of the time and effort he put into it.

If nothing else he'll get a boost in sales to the original. Just letting it languish and never marketing this great game is a serious crime!

Pantalones

Prospernaut
But Pierre wants money. That's why he made Battle of the Sands and refused to have KotC put on GOG instead of BotS because he thought BotS would sell more.

Hey a knockoff of a game that's been cloned 26000 times, with a budget of 50 cents, sounds like a plan for absolute success.

Scroo

Female Quota Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex 2014 Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
So... any news? Someone who is in the inner circle can tell if he posted some interesting updates in the past few months?

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
So... any news? Someone who is in the inner circle can tell if he posted some interesting updates in the past few months?
I think someone around here mentioned they have access to his forum and that he has updated it a bunch of times the last several months (sorry, I don't remember who or where). It appears he is definitely devoting a lot of time on it so one can only hope it gets completed.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom